WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also wondered that to seventeen seconds. But I don't know what the beaches are like there in Washington but imagine they are probably similar to those here in Northern region of east coast. What we usually find are small shells unless someone is a diver and brings them in when they are diving out in the ocean. Some candles are made of small shells and are incoporated in the wax. But what I could see from the article that looked like a fairly good size shell and I have only seen shells that big in stores in Florida.

Hi Tamg, Good take! I searched hi and low last night trying to find the photos from the vigil of Aug 21st where we saw people sitting on bleachers. There was a man standing alone and back by a tree off to the left in one photo and he was also seen sitting in the bleachers. We all zoned in on him as I remember.

I don't remember a guy with a bandaged arm, but I sure wish the photo's were up so we could go have a look-see. If they are on the Jvk photo thread I sure missed the link.

Too bad our dear SimplySearching isn't here right now. She knew everything about that!

Great to see you Tamg ;}

Hello Scandi, chuckmaureen, seventeen seconds. I didn't see any pictures at the search center of the person that they where speaking about there was just mention of the man with the bandage on hand. At one point I had wondered if that was one of the person involved in the accident with the ford truck on conquist rd think that was road the truck was found on, just after Lindsey went missing. One man was in critical condition and the other I have no idea. Kind of made me wonder if this person with the bandage could of been the results of that accident. Then with this new information on the attempted abductions of children in Olympia made me also wondered. I just got done reading Concentrics dream and all I can say is WOW> WOW WOW..

I have also wondered that to seventeen seconds. But I don't know what the beaches are like there in Washington but imagine they are probably similar to those here in Northern region of east coast. What we usually find are small shells unless someone is a diver and brings them in when they are diving out in the ocean. Some candles are made of small shells and are incoporated in the wax. But what I could see from the article that looked like a fairly good size shell and I have only seen shells that big in stores in Florida.

well i use to collect shells when i was back east..new jersey to florida...and when i moved here i was so dissappointed because all that ive ever seen in LOTS of rocks/agates and like i said...millions of sand dollars...so IF there is a beach in WA/OR that has shells...i would LOVE to find it...thanks for the reply
Tamg...

well i use to collect shells when i was back east..new jersey to florida...and when i moved here i was so dissappointed because all that ive ever seen in LOTS of rocks/agates and like i said...millions of sand dollars...so IF there is a beach in WA/OR that has shells...i would LOVE to find it...thanks for the reply
Tamg...

I would of thought that Washington does have a lot a rocks and just small rocky type beaches but not really sure. I know here there are few and far between sand beaches. I see there is what looks like beach front at ocean shores and Ocean Side that isn't to far from Mccleary but not really sure they have shells on them. I know some here do collect what they call sea glass.

I've collected shells at both Westport and Ocean Shores in the past. Mostly small ones though... larger ones are far and few between.

I've collected shells at both Westport and Ocean Shores in the past. Mostly small ones though... larger ones are far and few between.

The only thing I could come up happening around that time that LB disappeared was at Ocean Shores. The saw dust festival.

http://www.americantowns.com/wa/oceanshores/events/five-star-dealerships-sand-and-sawdust-festival-2

Jennifer can you describe that beach area and how you get down to the beach. Are there roads or do you have to park in a parking lot and walk down to beach. Are there several small houses there. Do you sort of have to walk up towards the beach.. Just kind of curious

If you had a choice which would be the best place to collect shells Westport or Ocean shores. I know we have a lot of small shells here. I would love to learn how to make candles. It doesn't look to hard to make.. hmmm bet would make nice christmas gifts.

I tried to post and then edit and then my post went poof! LOL.

JenniferO....I was trying to post the Holiday letter from Sandy at LRC that we received.

Can you please start a thread with that letter? Last time I tried to start a thread it went all FUBAR.

Sandy and Dawn at LRC have never stopped supporting us and Sandys holiday letter brings me back to reality and reminds me of what we are doing and why.

I think that letter deserves its own thread. We can add our thoughts and give support to Lindsey and her family during the holidays.

Do you mind? Sorry....I'm a bumpkin :crazy:

Thanks!

Breanna.. I was going to post it when I first logged on.. then I had crops that had to be harvested in Farmville so I got sidetracked. Thanks for reminding me.

Tam-Not ignoring you, I will answer your questions after I post the other thread.

Breanna.. I was going to post it when I first logged on.. then I had crops that had to be harvested in Farmville so I got sidetracked. Thanks for reminding me.

Tam-Not ignoring you, I will answer your questions after I post the other thread.

You and that Farmville. And just to let you know....I think your Tractor is Sexy!

Thanks Jenn!

Everyone thinks my tractor is sexy... ;)

Jennifer can you describe that beach area and how you get down to the beach. Are there roads or do you have to park in a parking lot and walk down to beach. Are there several small houses there. Do you sort of have to walk up towards the beach.. Just kind of curious

Well I can't compare it to any other beaches.. never been to any. It's wet, cold and usually windy. You can drive down onto the beach in a lot of the areas. Other areas is foot traffic only.

If you had a choice which would be the best place to collect shells Westport or Ocean shores. I know we have a lot of small shells here. I would love to learn how to make candles. It doesn't look to hard to make.. hmmm bet would make nice christmas gifts.

Either one. They are about the same in my opinion.

Nice tracking on these cases! Makes you wonder if LE tracks cases within and outside their state for murdered and missing children. A national database maybe?

Sometimes I wonder when a murderer is caught and it's said he is a 'first' time murderer - how do we know he isn't a serial killer who was caught for the first time? yikes!

Hi ya Eyes ;}

I read on some thread here yesterday LOL, that most serial killers have at least 99 kills before they are finally caught. It seemed like allot to me, but I think their point was they aren't caught with their first crimes. And as they progress they change their MO's which is why they are so hard to catch.

I would guess that a 'first time' murderer isn't one who would go on killing over and over again to satiate himself.

I don't really think Lindsey was targeted by a SO and think it was an accident that was covered up to cover something else up. Hope that makes sense. IMO That is why I think it is so important to learn every thing we can about the people who surrounded her in her in her everyday life and the acquaintances she had. xox

Scandi, I would like to pick your brain. What kind of accident do you think occurred? We've all heard the "rumors" of her being hit.. but I would think if someone hit someone else that someone would have heard something (screeching brakes, the 'thud' of the collision) and, I would think that evidence (her shoes, blood, glass from the headlights, skid marks in the pavement..etc) would have been left behind.

In my opinion, Lindsey wouldn't have "vanished without a trace" had an accident on the streets of McCleary occurred.

I'm curious to what you think might have happened.

At first glance, I identify that ear with the hole in it to be one of those rings that guys place into their earlobes. I'll try to find a picture.

Yes, it looks like he has stretched/gauged the right ear lobe.. I'm curious about the left. It doesn't look normal at all.

The girl said the man had an arm in a sling and drove a four-door Honda.

--------------------
Trying to appear in need of help, like Ted Bundy with his cast?

Scandi, I would like to pick your brain. What kind of accident do you think occurred? We've all heard the "rumors" of her being hit.. but I would think if someone hit someone else that someone would have heard something (screeching brakes, the 'thud' of the collision) and, I would think that evidence (her shoes, blood, glass from the headlights, skid marks in the pavement..etc) would have been left behind.

In my opinion, Lindsey wouldn't have "vanished without a trace" had an accident on the streets of McCleary occurred.

I'm curious to what you think might have happened.

Boy Jennifer, I wish I knew. As much as I have read about Lindsey's case one would think something would pop right out at 'cha saying, Ah, this has to be it. Realize nothing I say here is accusatory if you read between the lines..

* Hit by a car ~ It is a possibility. Take a driveway that has a low dip across it where a truck or car when backing up would make the rear end of the vehicle raise up before coming back down. If she happened to be walking into that driveway she could have been hit by accident. Depending on how she was hit by a slow moving auto she might only bleed from her mouth from internal injuries so it wouldn't be necessarily a messy scene. A few drops of blood could disappear real fast if they fell on fir needles.

If the person who was driving had been drinking and/or for some reason was on the edge of the law, that might be their first thought, to protect themselves first. Add to that maybe another 4 drinkers hovering around. Cover it up. Wrap her in something and hide her close by {in a closet of a vacant room at the Beehive - there were 2 empty rooms or behind the skirting of a swimming pool or in the loft of a shop bldg}, come back to find her dead and then have to move her again so her body would never tell a tale on them. This kind of accident and scenario happens often I think. In other words, I don't think it is outlandish to consider it. Alcohol and loss of judgment.

* Offered a ride ~ She could have been schmoozed into a car by someone she had seen before, and if they made a pass at her while driving she got mad and tried to fight him off. One good whack in her direction could have laid her so low she never came out of it.

I guess Jennifer I would rather believe that Lindsey met her fate that night where she wasn't targeted. It has to be a very simple explanation as to how she could just fall off the face of the earth like she did and 5 months later we are still trying to figure out what happened to Lindsey! And that is why I said they covered it up to cover up something else as it might change their lifestyle forever.

I have this gut feeling that whoever harmed her is someone we have already met studying this case. It could have started out innocently enough, the offer of a ride home, and in a sudden moment of unexpected passion or anger she was injured, not meant to kill, but maybe gone within a short period of time.

I hope none of this is true. But to find the truth we need the truth from everyone and anyone. For instance there was an opportunity where someone close to the case could have given info to the police about a place where she was possibly taken that night. This person was given a tip and decided not to tell LE. I hope LE found out about it from someone else. That's all I can say about that, but it's things like that make everyone wonder about everything Jennifer.

xox

Proofing my post I just realized it might be a very good chance she was wisked away in an automobile not long after she was last seen. They need to find that car or truck!

Thanks scandi, I appreciate you taking the time to post.

And if someone has tips.. there are several ways to get the tips directly to the LE. No need to go through a third person. Having someone else do it can cause a lot of problems. Incorrect info passed on or even, as you say, not passed on at all. The direct route is always best.

I would of thought that Washington does have a lot a rocks and just small rocky type beaches but not really sure. I know here there are few and far between sand beaches. I see there is what looks like beach front at ocean shores and Ocean Side that isn't to far from Mccleary but not really sure they have shells on them. I know some here do collect what they call sea glass.

Yes Tamg, Agates are made in the little holes of cooling lava. And a scientist can tell where the agate was found by the type and composition of the lava/rock from a particular location.

When I lived in Depos Bay Or I used to go down a rope off a cliff to the beach at Big Whale Cove. It is on the map. No one ever went there, and I got to where I only collected either perfectly round or oval agates ~ of all sizes. I have a collection you would not believe, all sorted by size and in little crystal bowls set throughout my house. It turns out that kind of rock was very unusual and created allot of red agates, many with petrified wood in them. WOW, how to get O/T LOLOLOL]

But what I was going to say is it takes a sandy beach to find shells, just like at Waldport and Ocean Shores. xox

Hi ya Eyes ;}

I read on some thread here yesterday LOL, that most serial killers have at least 99 kills before they are finally caught. It seemed like allot to me, but I think their point was they aren't caught with their first crimes. And as they progress they change their MO's which is why they are so hard to catch.

I would guess that a 'first time' murderer isn't one who would go on killing over and over again to satiate himself.

I don't really think Lindsey was targeted by a SO and think it was an accident that was covered up to cover something else up. Hope that makes sense. IMO That is why I think it is so important to learn every thing we can about the people who surrounded her in her in her everyday life and the acquaintances she had. xox

Hi thre scandi - 99 kills? Wow, guess we wouldn't know that unless they confessed. I know I've read that pedophiles can have as many as a hundred victims or more before being caught, but murder??? Maybe they have their stats mixed up.

What I mean is if a murderer travels across states. If a serial murderer kills 5 women in Illinois, travels to Michigan, kills 2 more, and goes to Colorado, kills 3 more, and goes to Washington, kills 8...goes to Las Vagas, kills 1 and is caught - it's possible that Las Vegas would see him as a first time murderer. Maybe every murder is your 1st unless caught and a confession takes place. mho Does LE keep track of missing/murdered victims in districts other than their own? I could be completely wrong, but I doubt there is a national data bank for missing/murdered children/adults - a data base that would track patterns/trends occurring. I've always thought the stats on murdered children are way off base cause I think many of the missing children have been murdered and they are part of the stats. What do you think?

Regarding Lindsey - With so few pieces of info and so few facts anything is possible. However, I don't see this as an accident at all. The person responsible for this is really good, he has out foxed LE, FBI, and all involved for a long time. I don't think Lindsey was picked up by a novice or a first-time offender...this person is seasoned/clever. mho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214