WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy, who is suspected of attempting to lure two girls last month, was lurking in the yard of two young girls, I'd say he has a certain "type" of victim in mind.

I've popped in and out of this thread, and I can't find it now, but wasn't there a teenaged worker in the area, who also drove a silver car? That guy, remember, lied about having the 26th of June off of work. He had recently reconnected with an old girlfriend, and drove up to see her shortly after Lindsey's disappearance.

I wonder if there's a connection here. I'll dig through this thread for the posts tomorrow. Maybe the lurker isn't the same guy, but maybe the car is shared? Maybe they're working together? IIRC, this area is not a metropolis, right?

Perhaps someone more seasoned with this case can confirm or deny my memory of the silver car.

Dale Golder is who you are talking about (a one time POI) and he drives a white Honda Del Sol.

If this guy, who is suspected of attempting to lure two girls last month, was lurking in the yard of two young girls, I'd say he has a certain "type" of victim in mind.

I've popped in and out of this thread, and I can't find it now, but wasn't there a teenaged worker in the area, who also drove a silver car? That guy, remember, lied about having the 26th of June off of work. He had recently reconnected with an old girlfriend, and drove up to see her shortly after Lindsey's disappearance.

I wonder if there's a connection here. I'll dig through this thread for the posts tomorrow. Maybe the lurker isn't the same guy, but maybe the car is shared? Maybe they're working together? IIRC, this area is not a metropolis, right?

Perhaps someone more seasoned with this case can confirm or deny my memory of the silver car.

I believe you're referring to the Golder boy.

Hi, pennydawn!

The individual to whom you are referring drives a white sports car.

It was mentioned in the article that JVK posted as well.

I wonder ... did that perp know where LB's cousins live because he obtained that information directly from LB ???

It's toooo coincidental to be a coincidence ... i have a bad feeling in my gut.

The Scanner Thread has located the scanner for Olympia Washington and will be monitoring it when there are people on the thread who want to listen. The link to the scanner: http://www.morriszone.com/scanner.htm The link is also on the first page of the Scanner Thread if you want to listen. We will be labeling the scanner on each report (not sure what the label will be at the moment...maybe "WA")

The link to the Scanner Thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community It is located in the private forums.

If we here anything pertaining to this case, we will come here and let you know!

I wonder ... did that perp know where LB's cousins live because he obtained that information directly from LB ???

Chuck, when this first came out we all had a bad feeling about it (and still do). One part of me is hopeful that it's somehow connected to Lindsey because that makes it that much more possible that she is alive.

Police Investigating Luring Attempts In Olympia Area
21909949_640X361.jpg

Posted: 12:18 pm PST December 9, 2009

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Police are investigating at least three luring attempts since mid-November and have released a sketch in connection to them.

_______________​

The first incident happened on Nov. 10 at about 3:45 p.m. on Etheridge Northeast when a 10-year-old girl was on her two-block walk home from her bus stop when a man in a car stopped and asked if she wanted a ride, said the Olympia Police Department.

The girl became frightened and ran to her house. The man’s vehicle was described as a silver import missing the front license plate.

_______________​

On Nov. 13, around 3:20 p.m., police received calls of a suspicious man eight blocks north of the previous incident, at the 1200 block of Etheridge Northeast. (?)

A homeowner called police after he saw a man inside his fenced yard.

The homeowner confronted the man and asked what he was doing. The suspicious man said he was a building inspector for the city, police said.

When asked to see official identification, the man said he would go to his car and get it. The suspicious man then left and ran towards a parked vehicle more than a block away. The vehicle was described as a silver, newer Mazda sedan bearing a yellow "Titus Will" advertisement with no visible license plate, police said.

The Mazda fled the area and police searched for the vehicle, but didn’t find it.

The homeowner described the suspicious man as a white man, 5 feet 9 inches, thin build, reddish brown hair and approximately 20 to 25 years of age.

Officers learned the homeowner is the father of two young girls, ages 9 and 12, who were expected to arrive home shortly.

_______________​

Another incident was reported on Nov. 24 when a 9-year-old girl reported that she was approached by a strange male in the area of Lincoln Elementary School. (?) The child described the man as white, about 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, with dark brown curly hair and a short brown beard.

Lt. Jim Costa of the Olympia Police Department said police have increased their patrols around the schools with both marked and unmarked units.

_______________​

The sketch is based on a description from the homeowner who reported a suspicious man in his yard on Nov. 13. Detectives have shown the sketch to witnesses from the two other reported suspicious person cases, but they said it does not appear they are related.

Police are asking for the public’s help to identify the person in the sketch. Anyone with information is being asked to call Detective Fayette at 709-2779 or Thurston County Crime Stoppers at 493-2222.

-

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I haven't read all the posts yet. Has anyone checked out his arrest record? Where he has lived, jobs he has had?

I haven't read all the posts yet. Has anyone checked out his arrest record? Where he has lived, jobs he has had?

I'd be happy to check him out - background, criminal etc. is there a name?

Missing McCleary girl's family victimized in Olympia
olympia-luring-suspect-sket.jpg

Credit: KING
by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News
Posted on December 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Updated today at 3:26 PM

OLYMPIA, Wash. - Relatives of Lindsey Baum, the McCleary 10-year-old girl who vanished in June, called Olympia police last month to report a stranger in their backyard.

The homeowner said the man was crouching beneath the bedroom window of Baum's two female cousins, who are 9 and 12 years old.

Olympia Police said any connection between the two cases is coincidental, but Grays Harbor County investigators have been in touch with Olympia Detectives about the Nov. 13 incident.

Investigators in the Baum case have not identified any suspects in the girl's disappearance.

"It's scary," said Derric, the father of the girls who did not want his last name published. Derric said he and his wife were already nervous about their kids' safety after what happened to his niece.

"It even makes you more cautious about your own children," said Derric.

Olympia police have released a sketch of the suspect from the case in the backyard break-in. Detectives said the man may be responsible for two attempted luring cases in Olympia in November.

On Nov. 10, about eight blocks from the house where the man was seen, a man approached a 10-year-old girl and asked if she needed a ride. She ran home and police were contacted.

On November 24, about two miles from the home, a 9-year-old girl said a stranger asked her if she could help him load groceries into her car. She said no and ran away.

In both incidents, the man was reportedly driving a silver car.

Detectives said the girls did not think the man in the sketch released by police was the man that approached them, but police said it's possible he could be responsible for all three incidents.

When Derric confronted the man in his backyard , he asked what the man was doing. Derric said the man told him he was a building inspector. Derric said when he asked the man for his I.D., the man walked quickly to his car, and drove off. Derric told police the man was driving a silver Mazda.

ok....im catching up on the thread still....OMG!
now i have goose bumps....no way....no way.....uggg

I agree! Can't imagine how fearful the family has to be feeling right now. It almost seems like harassment doesn't it? mho

I am totally creeped out about this guy! I pray, I mean PRAY, that all parents are on the alert about this guy! He is on the prowl!

Also ... how did he know under which window to crouch? Was it a lucky guess or was he stalking the house a few minutes before being caught and was able to locate the girl's room?

I'm going through pages of WA SO's, searching for Hair: Red, Height: 5'6" to 5'10", Age: 20-35. Looking through the pics is, well ... some simply appear quite creepy as if someone had put them together using badly deformed pieces from a Mr. Potato Head kit. Sorry, JBH.

Came across this, not the Olympia suspect, but the pic shows one with a round earring or decorative gauge .. he has them on both ears.

Attachments

• EarGauge.png
    EarGauge.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 8
The vehicle was described as a silver, newer Mazda sedan bearing a yellow "Titus Will" advertisement with no visible license plate, police said.<snipped>

What is a "Titus Will" advertisement? Why can't they find him with that clue? :waitasec:

Also ... how did he know under which window to crouch? Was it a lucky guess or was he stalking the house a few minutes before being caught and was able to locate the girl's room?

I'm going through pages of WA SO's, searching for Hair: Red, Height: 5'6" to 5'10", Age: 20-35. Looking through the pics is, well ... some simply appear quite creepy as if someone had put them together using badly deformed pieces from a Mr. Potato Head kit. Sorry, JBH.

Chuck, you made me chuckle out loud.

The vehicle was described as a silver, newer Mazda sedan bearing a yellow "Titus Will" advertisement with no visible license plate, police said.<snipped>

What is a "Titus Will" advertisement? Why can't they find him with that clue? :waitasec:

Titus Will is a car dealership in the Olympia Auto Mall
http://www.olympiaautomall.net/

I'm thinking he either just purchased the car (or borrowed it from someone who did), is an auto detailer for their used car dealership, a mechanic or maybe even was just "test driving" the car.

Boy, I learned I can't be makin' Swedish Meatballs while I'm trying to keep up with the forum~ :angel: You only turn them once if you want them perfect :angel:

So they haven't released his name yet I see. Someone would have to have a sophisticated software program to match his face at this point.

Do you really think it is the very same guy that was caught peeping in the window as was spotted in Olympia? One thing I've learned is it isn't difficult to trace names on the internet if you know the right sites to go to. I would think that's how he found the address for Lindsey's cousins.

Well, do we know where the cousins live? That's a start, eh? Maybe they live in Olympia. xox

PS: With a face only a mother could love they have to know who he is by now, don't you think? They'll keep it under wraps tho I think now that is pic it circulating around.

Okay Jennifer...DANG! That doesn't narrow it down.

I think it is his car, though. In one of the earlier prowls, they said he was driving a silver import.

Okay Jennifer...DANG! That doesn't narrow it down.

I think it is his car, though. In one of the earlier prowls, they said he was driving a silver import.

True.. but if he works at a dealership he might have his choice of different silver cars. Or he could choose to 'borrow' the same one over and over again. But I would think if he worked at a dealership they would have caught him already. He has a pretty distinct face. lol

Hi there Kimster. I bet they'll have the name of the person who bought that car from them as quick as Jack Flash can snap his fingers.

They'll pay a visit to that person's house, show them the drawing and work backwards like that till he pops up on their radar. Working it from the inside of the box out. Wish I were a little dragonfly buzzing around their squad room! :D

ETA: If he's a mechanic at Titus Will I doubt he'd be driving a loaner..I think either it is his or he borrowed it from someone, or stole it

True.. but if he works at a dealership he might have his choice of different silver cars. Or he could choose to 'borrow' the same one over and over again. But I would think if he worked at a dealership they would have caught him already. He has a pretty distinct face. lol

Yes he does. Another thing that makes me believe it is his car is that he kept it down the street, like he was hoping no one would see it.

ARGH! Have they been plastering the sketch in the news, I hope? On TV also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214