WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl said the man had an arm in a sling and drove a four-door Honda.

--------------------
Trying to appear in need of help, like Ted Bundy with his cast?

Kind of sounds like Bundy with his casts and VW doesn't it? Looking vulnerable so he can get to the very most vulnerable - children. What a low-life slug he is!

ETA: oops - didn't see your last sentence - I agree with the bundy part.

Nice tracking on these cases! Makes you wonder if LE tracks cases within and outside their state for murdered and missing children. A national database maybe?

Sometimes I wonder when a murderer is caught and it's said he is a 'first' time murderer - how do we know he isn't a serial killer who was caught for the first time? yikes!

Thank you eyes. It always amazes me to see how many children are missing in each state. Heck there are still children missing from years prior. In washington alone there are 67 missing or endangered runaway's. I can only imagine how much time and energy LE has put into each individual case that one goes missing and then add researching on top of each of the missing and the person's of interest. There are thousands of children that are either endangered runaways, kidnapped or abducted for what ever reason the culprit has.

Watching the memorial service for the 4 fallen officers in Parkland, I see the Shelton PD and Mason County Sheriff's Dept are represented among the 20,000 officers present in the Tacoma Dome. I wonder if officers from McCleary, Montesano, Elma and the Grays Harbor Sheriff's office are there? Probably.

I was along the procession route and made a 38 minute video until my battery died. And I was calling off cities, towns, counties, and state agencies I saw driving by (just to see how far some had driven). Along with seeing police cars from Oakland and San Fransisco, Reno, and points even farther away (to my amazement), yes I did see cars from Pacific County SO, Raymond PD, South Bend PD, Westport PD, Ocean Shores PD, Aberdeen PD, Hoquiam PD, Cosmopolis PD, Montesano PD, and Elma PD but no, I did not see a clearly marked patrol car from McCleary PD. Maybe due to the fact that they only have 4 cops. Not sure. But I was surprised to see so many other patrol cars from Grays Harbor, Pacific and Mason Counties and all towns over that way but none from McCleary PD. I was along the route for 4 hours, BTW. Shot 2 videos and about 10 pics before my battery was history.

Just thought I would answer your inquiry. With LE having cars backed up all the way to the starting point of the procession until after 1:30 and it started rolling at 10:00, I certainly might have missed a few patrol cars.

... It's my opinion that whoever took Lindsey is very familiar with that community. Although I fear Lindsey is no longer with us I do think her precious body is nearby. Novice Seeker

This is one thing I keep telling myself, and have been from the night she vanished. My hunch/opinion is that someone who lives in town and that she knew well drove up and offered her a ride or convinced her to get in their car for some reason. Or, another theory of mine is that someone who lives along the route she walked that night could very well have been outside doing something and saw Lindsey walking toward his/her house and had time to inconspicuously look around to make sure nobody was walking within site or looking outside or anything. Then as she approached, that perp could have easily just grabbed her and covered her mouth and drug her into their house. Seems far-fetched, I know. But anything is possible. However, I'm going to stick with my original theory/opinion/hunch that someone she knew well from town drove up to her and she got into their vehicle (either willingly or by force).

BUT, I don't believe that she is no longer alive. My personal opinion is and always will be (until she is found) that Lindsey is being held against her will inside someone's house right there in McCleary or at least somewhere nearby. Some say (not only on WS but elsewhere online and on the streets) that she would be better off dead than to be raped and/or tortured by some freak. Again, I have a different opinion on this. I feel she would be better off going through some temporary hell with the chance of somehow, some day, some way, escaping her captor and being reunited with her family. Sure, she might then require medical attention and maybe years of psychological treatment but she would be alive and safe, which is what everyone is hoping and praying for.

I was not going to post anything here anymore after having my previous posts picked to pieces and countless people posting their opinions of me and/or my posts. But THIS post is not easily dissected, I only post TWO of my opinions/theories and do not mention anyone by name besides that person who this thread is about.

Still... :HBwhiteflag:

Yes Tamg, Agates are made in the little holes of cooling lava. And a scientist can tell where the agate was found by the type and composition of the lava/rock from a particular location.

When I lived in Depos Bay Or I used to go down a rope off a cliff to the beach at Big Whale Cove. It is on the map. No one ever went there, and I got to where I only collected either perfectly round or oval agates ~ of all sizes. I have a collection you would not believe, all sorted by size and in little crystal bowls set throughout my house. It turns out that kind of rock was very unusual and created allot of red agates, many with petrified wood in them. WOW, how to get O/T LOLOLOL]

But what I was going to say is it takes a sandy beach to find shells, just like at Waldport and Ocean Shores. xox

Thank you for your response scandi. I enjoyed your OT. I bet those Agates are very beautiful. Kinda nifty to see the different types of agates found in different area's I bet they would make kind of nice necklaces. I especially love some of the colorations of the agates. Find it fascinating the creativity of some things that we take for granted. The beauty of simple stones (agates) and shells. Can remember as a young girl going to a beach out on the Long Island and how I so much enjoyed looking for shells, listening to the ocean in them. Also remember chasing horseshoe crabs and little baby crabs that had washed up on the beach. Playing in the ocean and making sandcastles. Brings back a lot of fond memories. Always, looked forward to going to the beach. Thank you again sure has brought a lot of fond thoughts back that I had forgotten..

Hi thre scandi - 99 kills? Wow, guess we wouldn't know that unless they confessed. I know I've read that pedophiles can have as many as a hundred victims or more before being caught, but murder??? Maybe they have their stats mixed up.

What I mean is if a murderer travels across states. If a serial murderer kills 5 women in Illinois, travels to Michigan, kills 2 more, and goes to Colorado, kills 3 more, and goes to Washington, kills 8...goes to Las Vagas, kills 1 and is caught - it's possible that Las Vegas would see him as a first time murderer. Maybe every murder is your 1st unless caught and a confession takes place. mho Does LE keep track of missing/murdered victims in districts other than their own? I could be completely wrong, but I doubt there is a national data bank for missing/murdered children/adults - a data base that would track patterns/trends occurring. I've always thought the stats on murdered children are way off base cause I think many of the missing children have been murdered and they are part of the stats. What do you think?

Regarding Lindsey - With so few pieces of info and so few facts anything is possible. However, I don't see this as an accident at all. The person responsible for this is really good, he has out foxed LE, FBI, and all involved for a long time. I don't think Lindsey was picked up by a novice or a first-time offender...this person is seasoned/clever. mho

Hi Eyes, I just wub your Avi, simply so chic in her perky little Santa hat! Neat

I bet you are right about the stats, and maybe I got that backwards. I thought 99 kills was an awful lot and now what you say about Pedo's makes much more sense. Thanks for that.

I watch Criminal Minds every week. One thing I have learned is about their profiling. They profile the victim as well as the possible perp for one thing - I never knew that before. So when they lay out their profile they can pretty well tell what stage he is at. Just beginning or at a point where he starts killing with more frequency and even if he is at the mental stage where if he realizes LE is on to him and he is cornered he will go baserk and everyone around him is in danger.

It is amazing how these guys know exactly what stage the perp is at. So I think they can tell if it is a killer just beginning, a killer who has stopped for awhile and just restarted killing, if the SK has an assistant or even if it is a copy cat. It is a science. So they can even predict what the killer will do next based on what his trigger point is. IMO

I also think when the FBI sends in it's profiling or behavior analysis group to work on a crime they analyze everything by computer relating to other crimes, locally at first. And depending on what they find it leads them backwards to other areas where similar crimes have been commited with the same signature points.

Once in awhile they are wrong but I think their profiling system helps them catch more criminals than not.

About Linidsey and it not being an accident, you could be right on. In one of the last CM shows it was about a missing child. The profile said the man would be very organized, had seen this child and even been in her home, so she had seen him too. I thought how odd, as this was a stranger who inserted himself into her life to grab an opportunity and take her. That happens very seldom. Turns out they did find her, alive and hidden in a house, and the perp was an appliance repairman who had been called to the house to work on a TV.

Yes, it could be someone like that, as LE has said she didn't necessarily know him but maybe had seen him before, or SS. xox

I was along the procession route and made a 38 minute video until my battery died. And I was calling off cities, towns, counties, and state agencies I saw driving by (just to see how far some had driven). Along with seeing police cars from Oakland and San Fransisco, Reno, and points even farther away (to my amazement), yes I did see cars from Pacific County SO, Raymond PD, South Bend PD, Westport PD, Ocean Shores PD, Aberdeen PD, Hoquiam PD, Cosmopolis PD, Montesano PD, and Elma PD but no, I did not see a clearly marked patrol car from McCleary PD. Maybe due to the fact that they only have 4 cops. Not sure. But I was surprised to see so many other patrol cars from Grays Harbor, Pacific and Mason Counties and all towns over that way but none from McCleary PD. I was along the route for 4 hours, BTW. Shot 2 videos and about 10 pics before my battery was history.

Just thought I would answer your inquiry. With LE having cars backed up all the way to the starting point of the procession until after 1:30 and it started rolling at 10:00, I certainly might have missed a few patrol cars.

Hi Hairball, The whole event was one of the most impressive I have ever seen in my life and you were so fortunate to witness it. 80 people planned everything down to the last salute and they did a remarkable job IMO

The 100 troop band of officers who flew in from Boston. And the sea of red from the 1000 Mounties. The brave 10 yr old son, just lost his dad, saying we love you because you all loved him. xox

Sorry for the O/T

Hi Eyes, I just wub your Avi, simply so chic in her perky little Santa hat! Neat

I bet you are right about the stats, and maybe I got that backwards. I thought 99 kills was an awful lot and now what you say about Pedo's makes much more sense. Thanks for that.

I watch Criminal Minds every week. One thing I have learned is about their profiling. They profile the victim as well as the possible perp for one thing - I never knew that before. So when they lay out their profile they can pretty well tell what stage he is at. Just beginning or at a point where he starts killing with more frequency and even if he is at the mental stage where if he realizes LE is on to him and he is cornered he will go baserk and everyone around him is in danger.

It is amazing how these guys know exactly what stage the perp is at. So I think they can tell if it is a killer just beginning, a killer who has stopped for awhile and just restarted killing, if the SK has an assistant or even if it is a copy cat. It is a science. So they can even predict what the killer will do next based on what his trigger point is. IMO

I also think when the FBI sends in it's profiling or behavior analysis group to work on a crime they analyze everything by computer relating to other crimes, locally at first. And depending on what they find it leads them backwards to other areas where similar crimes have been commited with the same signature points.

Once in awhile they are wrong but I think their profiling system helps them catch more criminals than not.

About Linidsey and it not being an accident, you could be right on. In one of the last CM shows it was about a missing child. The profile said the man would be very organized, had seen this child and even been in her home, so she had seen him too. I thought how odd, as this was a stranger who inserted himself into her life to grab an opportunity and take her. That happens very seldom. Turns out they did find her, alive and hidden in a house, and the perp was an appliance repairman who had been called to the house to work on a TV.

Yes, it could be someone like that, as LE has said she didn't necessarily know him but maybe had seen him before, or SS. xox

Hi scandi - OT/ I don't watch Criminal Minds all the time, but this week I completely missed that the perp was a 'valet'. When the perp told the woman what her favorite song was - that she downloaded it alot - I thought it was someone who had hacked into her computer, never thought about her car. That was a good episode. Great info on that program and so much easier when you have a script to memorize...lol. To be honest, I don't care for the guy who just lost his wife and hope he doesn't come back? mho

Regarding Lindsey - I did an amature profile way back when on the profile thread and I don't see it as much different. The only thing is that her mother insists that she is still alive so, imo, I have to give that some creedence. Since I think the perp (unsub) is a seasoned pedophile, maybe she was taken for child *advertiser censored*. There is such a thing as a pedophile/businessman. The child *advertiser censored* slugs do know how to get to children - it's a business to them. However, I do not think she is still alive.

Sad to see her school year vanish along with her beautiful life. I so wish this case to come to an end - our wonderful volunteers here on Lindsey thread would be able to take a much needed rest. Nice chatting with you scandi.
Thanks for noticing the avatar - we have a new kitten and she is so adorable that for now, I'm consumed with her cuteness. lol

Hi Chuck, It could be the video store had different hours back in June but the 8pm hour is what I had read. Video surveillance operates on motion, so even if the store was closed and there were people in there finishing up the day's work, paying for their rentals, the cameras would still be showing that activity.

Now as to sound, I rather doubt there was any joined with the visual. Microphones can be wired into a camera system but it is very seldom done. I don't even think banks use sound. We just did a system for a car dealer with alarm tied to cameras and a huge bullhorn, that when the camera would trip the alarm with movement a very loud voice will blare out "We have you in our sight, Get off of the property'. There was no microphone however attached to that elaborate system. In a small town like McCleary I don't think they would have an extremely sophisticated video surveillance system. IMO

Hi Scandi, and thanks for your insightful & thoughtful posts. Just wanted to add something here.......

In regards to video surveillance systems (and I know you have specialized knowledge on the subject), sometimes sound is included in places I'd never suspect...I know that Dunkin' Donuts includes sound on many of their systems, (and I also know that the location is required to post a notice about the sound being recorded to the customer.)

I don't imagine a small business owner such as the video store proprietor, would require sound. If he/she did select that option, is in required by law to post a sign? I am not sure if that's a law in IL or simply a Dunkin' Donuts rule, but all sound-recording locations must have a sign in-store informing the customer.

In any case, I agree with you that sound recording on the video store camera sys is unlikely. Just :twocents:

Missing McCleary girl's family victimized in Olympia
olympia-luring-suspect-sket.jpg

Credit: KING
by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News
Posted on December 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Updated today at 3:26 PM

OLYMPIA, Wash. - Relatives of Lindsey Baum, the McCleary 10-year-old girl who vanished in June, called Olympia police last month to report a stranger in their backyard.

The homeowner said the man was crouching beneath the bedroom window of Baum's two female cousins, who are 9 and 12 years old.

Olympia Police said any connection between the two cases is coincidental, but Grays Harbor County investigators have been in touch with Olympia Detectives about the Nov. 13 incident.

Investigators in the Baum case have not identified any suspects in the girl's disappearance.

"It's scary," said Derric, the father of the girls who did not want his last name published. Derric said he and his wife were already nervous about their kids' safety after what happened to his niece.

"It even makes you more cautious about your own children," said Derric.

Olympia police have released a sketch of the suspect from the case in the backyard break-in. Detectives said the man may be responsible for two attempted luring cases in Olympia in November.

On Nov. 10, about eight blocks from the house where the man was seen, a man approached a 10-year-old girl and asked if she needed a ride. She ran home and police were contacted.

On November 24, about two miles from the home, a 9-year-old girl said a stranger asked her if she could help him load groceries into her car. She said no and ran away.

In both incidents, the man was reportedly driving a silver car.

Detectives said the girls did not think the man in the sketch released by police was the man that approached them, but police said it's possible he could be responsible for all three incidents.

When Derric confronted the man in his backyard , he asked what the man was doing. Derric said the man told him he was a building inspector. Derric said when he asked the man for his I.D., the man walked quickly to his car, and drove off. Derric told police the man was driving a silver Mazda.

Wht a creep! Every other Tuesday and a Friday so far - I would say this slug lives really close by and has Tuesdays off. Hope the entire neighborhood is on alert!

He needs to be found to see where he was on the night Lindsey was abducted. mho

Missing McCleary girl's family victimized in Olympia
olympia-luring-suspect-sket.jpg

Credit: KING
by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News
Posted on December 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Updated today at 3:26 PM

OLYMPIA, Wash. - Relatives of Lindsey Baum, the McCleary 10-year-old girl who vanished in June, called Olympia police last month to report a stranger in their backyard.

The homeowner said the man was crouching beneath the bedroom window of Baum's two female cousins, who are 9 and 12 years old.

Olympia Police said any connection between the two cases is coincidental, but Grays Harbor County investigators have been in touch with Olympia Detectives about the Nov. 13 incident.

Investigators in the Baum case have not identified any suspects in the girl's disappearance.

"It's scary," said Derric, the father of the girls who did not want his last name published. Derric said he and his wife were already nervous about their kids' safety after what happened to his niece.

"It even makes you more cautious about your own children," said Derric.

Olympia police have released a sketch of the suspect from the case in the backyard break-in. Detectives said the man may be responsible for two attempted luring cases in Olympia in November.

On Nov. 10, about eight blocks from the house where the man was seen, a man approached a 10-year-old girl and asked if she needed a ride. She ran home and police were contacted.

On November 24, about two miles from the home, a 9-year-old girl said a stranger asked her if she could help him load groceries into her car. She said no and ran away.

In both incidents, the man was reportedly driving a silver car.

Detectives said the girls did not think the man in the sketch released by police was the man that approached them, but police said it's possible he could be responsible for all three incidents.

When Derric confronted the man in his backyard , he asked what the man was doing. Derric said the man told him he was a building inspector. Derric said when he asked the man for his I.D., the man walked quickly to his car, and drove off. Derric told police the man was driving a silver Mazda.

WOW...things keep getting weirder and weirder

Thanks for posting that JVK.. I was wondering if all of that story was going to come out.

I hope they catch this guy soon.

Hi scandi - OT/ I don't watch Criminal Minds all the time, but this week I completely missed that the perp was a 'valet'. When the perp told the woman what her favorite song was - that she downloaded it alot - I thought it was someone who had hacked into her computer, never thought about her car. That was a good episode. Great info on that program and so much easier when you have a script to memorize...lol. To be honest, I don't care for the guy who just lost his wife and hope he doesn't come back? mho

Regarding Lindsey - I did an amature profile way back when on the profile thread and I don't see it as much different. The only thing is that her mother insists that she is still alive so, imo, I have to give that some creedence. Since I think the perp (unsub) is a seasoned pedophile, maybe she was taken for child *advertiser censored*. There is such a thing as a pedophile/businessman. The child *advertiser censored* slugs do know how to get to children - it's a business to them. However, I do not think she is still alive.

Sad to see her school year vanish along with her beautiful life. I so wish this case to come to an end - our wonderful volunteers here on Lindsey thread would be able to take a much needed rest. Nice chatting with you scandi.
Thanks for noticing the avatar - we have a new kitten and she is so adorable that for now, I'm consumed with her cuteness. lol

Hi again Eyes, There is something I have noticed about Lindsey thru all her photos. Not only is she quite photogenic, her face shows allot of expression. That alone might attract someone to use her for photography, banish the thought. But in my mind I hope for something like that as it would mean she is alive.

Channel 5 News tonight reported that in Olympia where the owner of the house that caught that guy in his back yard and asked him what he was doing is actually LB's uncle. (The owner of the house). Interesting!

Channel 5 News tonight reported that in Olympia where the owner of the house that caught that guy in his back yard and asked him what he was doing is actually LB's uncle. (The owner of the house). Interesting!

thanks for the info. So very interesting - that would make the children in that home Lindsey's cousins...right? To appear 3X in the same neighborhood is desperate behavior...or very calculating. I'm not sure which, maybe both.

ETA: again, I missed something important - the first couple sentences that were added. Sorry!

If this guy, who is suspected of attempting to lure two girls last month, was lurking in the yard of two young girls, I'd say he has a certain "type" of victim in mind.

I've popped in and out of this thread, and I can't find it now, but wasn't there a teenaged worker in the area, who also drove a silver car? That guy, remember, lied about having the 26th of June off of work. He had recently reconnected with an old girlfriend, and drove up to see her shortly after Lindsey's disappearance.

I wonder if there's a connection here. I'll dig through this thread for the posts tomorrow. Maybe the lurker isn't the same guy, but maybe the car is shared? Maybe they're working together? IIRC, this area is not a metropolis, right?

Perhaps someone more seasoned with this case can confirm or deny my memory of the silver car.

thanks for the info. So very interesting - that would make the children in that home Lindsey's cousins...right? To appear 3X in the same neighborhood is desperate behavior...or very calculating. I'm not sure which, maybe both.

It was mentioned in the article that JVK posted as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski