WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Copied over last section of ChuckM's post from last evening....

/// snippage ///

If KK were involved what would be a motivating factor? Money via Human Trafficking? Revenge? Fodder for a book? I suspect that is highly unlikely.

[Novice Seeker's response to my post begins here:]

Motivating factor for what? KK being the one who hurt Lindsey for the reasons posted above? My reference to the conflicting statements of KK and boyfriend is to the question of why does something as simple as who told who to go home be so complicated. [1.] When a crime is committed and LE interviews the last known adults to see this child alive why can't the truth be told, period. Has society altered the definition of truth enough that people can be allowed to justify or define their own meaning of what truth is?

Quote:
I just don't buy the stranger abduction b/c in a town that small s/he would have stuck out like a sore thumb. It's my opinion that whoever took Lindsey is very familiar with that community. Although I fear Lindsey is no longer with us I do think her precious body is nearby. [end quote]

[Novice Seeker's response to my post continues here:]

Yes, I believe this crime was committed by someone locally. Although I'm not sure where the crime actually took place. There are numerous sources or sites that have information about this crime. [2.] Some may be setting "fires and chasing their own smoke" but we're all intelligent enough to recognize the difference between what just looks like a fire and that which is a real fire.

[3.] How does one go about searching for clues, information and the truth about the unanswered questions and lies made by those close to this case?

Novice Seeker

Hi, NS,

Thank you for your comments!

Regarding the phrases I bolded, enlarged and numbered, above:
  1. Are you indicating someone lied during when they were interviewed by LE? Based upon ... ?
  2. What are the 'real' fires in this case?
  3. When someone does not know the specific answer to a specific question and has asked someone to provide the answer, it seems to me the person asking the question is in no position to claim the answer to be a lie [without having validated facts to back up the claim].
We research by asking questions and weighing answers against *factual, validated* information. To claim answers are lies without knowing full fact in context that they ARE lies does not relate to sleuthing best practice.

We might suspect they are lies, but by assuming they are lies does not further the case, it simply blurs the focus. Hence, my smoke reference.

NS, the points you make are relevant. The multitude of posts providing variations on a theme are staggering. When the fact field becomes so cluttered with debris that nothing but frustration and confusuion is realized, it is time to step back and sweep away the debris:
  • Parse down to a specific check item list.
  • Ask questions directly to the principals involved with each item.
  • Ask questions directly to LE to gain more knowledge, if possible beyond that which already was made public.
  • Weigh all gathered information.
  • State your case.

Hi, NS,

1. Are you indicating someone lied during when they were interviewed by LE? Based upon ... ?
  3. When someone does not know the specific answer to a specific question and has asked someone to provide the answer, it seems to me the person asking the question is in no position to claim the answer to be a lie [without having validated facts to back up the claim].
We research by asking questions and weighing answers against *factual, validated* information. To claim answers are lies without knowing full fact in context that they ARE lies does not relate to slething best practice.

We might suspect they are lies, but by assuming they are lies does not further the case, it simply blurs the focus. Hence, my smoke reference.

NS, the points you make are relevant. The multitude of posts providing variations on a theme are staggering. When the fact field becomes so cluttered with debris that nothing but frustration and confusuion is realized, it is time to step back and sweep away the debris:
  • Ask questions directly to LE to gain more knowledge, if possible beyond that which already was made public.
  • State your case.

Good Morning Chuck, I'm running out the door but just wanted to say I wish you and All great discourse today. See you tonight! xox

Police Investigating Luring Attempts In Olympia Area
21909949_640X361.jpg

Posted: 12:18 pm PST December 9, 2009

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Police are investigating at least three luring attempts since mid-November and have released a sketch in connection to them.

_______________​

The first incident happened on Nov. 10 at about 3:45 p.m. on Etheridge Northeast when a 10-year-old girl was on her two-block walk home from her bus stop when a man in a car stopped and asked if she wanted a ride, said the Olympia Police Department.

The girl became frightened and ran to her house. The man’s vehicle was described as a silver import missing the front license plate.

_______________​

On Nov. 13, around 3:20 p.m., police received calls of a suspicious man eight blocks north of the previous incident, at the 1200 block of Etheridge Northeast. (?)

A homeowner called police after he saw a man inside his fenced yard.

The homeowner confronted the man and asked what he was doing. The suspicious man said he was a building inspector for the city, police said.

When asked to see official identification, the man said he would go to his car and get it. The suspicious man then left and ran towards a parked vehicle more than a block away. The vehicle was described as a silver, newer Mazda sedan bearing a yellow "Titus Will" advertisement with no visible license plate, police said.

The Mazda fled the area and police searched for the vehicle, but didn’t find it.

The homeowner described the suspicious man as a white man, 5 feet 9 inches, thin build, reddish brown hair and approximately 20 to 25 years of age.

Officers learned the homeowner is the father of two young girls, ages 9 and 12, who were expected to arrive home shortly.

_______________​

Another incident was reported on Nov. 24 when a 9-year-old girl reported that she was approached by a strange male in the area of Lincoln Elementary School. (?) The child described the man as white, about 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, with dark brown curly hair and a short brown beard.

Lt. Jim Costa of the Olympia Police Department said police have increased their patrols around the schools with both marked and unmarked units.

_______________​

The sketch is based on a description from the homeowner who reported a suspicious man in his yard on Nov. 13. Detectives have shown the sketch to witnesses from the two other reported suspicious person cases, but they said it does not appear they are related.

Police are asking for the public’s help to identify the person in the sketch. Anyone with information is being asked to call Detective Fayette at 709-2779 or Thurston County Crime Stoppers at 493-2222.

-

(Older) Article from 12/04/09

New suspicious-person sighting reported

THE OLYMPIAN
Published: 12/04/09 12:00 am
Updated: 12/04/09 7:00 am

The Olympia Police Department has received a third report of a suspicious person in a silver-colored car approaching a child.

In the latest incident, a man approached a 9-year-old girl Nov. 24 near Lincoln Elementary School and asked her to help him load items into his vehicle.

The girl said the man had an arm in a sling and drove a four-door Honda.

_______________​

On Nov. 9, a “slender, young white male” pulled up to a 10-year-old girl in a silver-colored car as she was walking home in northeast Olympia at about 3:45 p.m. On Nov. 13, a man in the 1200 block of Etheridge Drive Northeast reported that he had spotted a stranger standing in his fenced backyard about 3:21 p.m. The man asked for identification, and the trespasser fled.

That man was described as 5 feet, 9 inches and 20 to 25 years old, with a thin build and reddish-brown hair. His vehicle was described as a silver, newer-model Mazda sedan with a yellow “Titus Will” advertisement visible.

_______________​

All three incidents occurred between 3:10 and 3:45 p.m., Olympia Police Lt. Jim Costa said. He said there is not enough information to determine whether the incidents were attempted lurings.

Costa said police are working on obtaining a sketch of the potential suspect based on the description given by the Etheridge Drive homeowner. Police then will show that sketch to the two girls who were approached.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Olympia Police Department at 360-753-8300.

-

THE OLYMPIAN

The Olympia Police Department has received a third report of a suspicious person in a silver-colored car approaching a child.

In the latest incident, a man approached a 9-year-old girl Nov. 24 near Lincoln Elementary School and asked her to help him load items into his vehicle.

_______________​

On Nov. 9, a “slender, young white male” pulled up to a 10-year-old girl in a silver-colored car as she was walking home in northeast Olympia at about 3:45 p.m. On Nov. 13, a man in the 1200 block of Etheridge Drive Northeast reported that he had spotted a stranger standing in his fenced backyard about 3:21 p.m. The man asked for identification, and the trespasser fled.

That man was described as 5 feet, 9 inches and 20 to 25 years old, with a thin build and reddish-brown hair. His vehicle was described as a silver, newer-model Mazda sedan with a yellow “Titus Will” advertisement visible.

_______________​

All three incidents occurred between 3:10 and 3:45 p.m., Olympia Police Lt. Jim Costa said. He said there is not enough information to determine whether the incidents were attempted lurings.

Costa said police are working on obtaining a sketch of the potential suspect based on the description given by the Etheridge Drive homeowner. Police then will show that sketch to the two girls who were approached.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Olympia Police Department at 360-753-8300.

-

Hi, jvk,

The 'slim build man found in a back yard driving a silver car' report has been in the back of mind since it was first reported. I searched for additional reports before today but found none.

I hope they catch that b@ s t a r d ... because then we'll be told what happened to LB.

THE OLYMPIAN

_______________​

_______________​

-

Geez ...

ala The Silence of the Lambs.

Hi, NS,

We research by asking questions and weighing answers against *factual, validated* information. To claim answers are lies without knowing full fact in context that they ARE lies does not relate to sleuthing best practice.

NS, the points you make are relevant. The multitude of posts providing variations on a theme are staggering. When the fact field becomes so cluttered with debris that nothing but frustration and confusion is realized, it is time to step back and sweep away the debris:
  • State your case.

I appreciate your comments to clear up some of the muddy water. Perhaps the major reason for being able to provide the information which supports why some have shared their concerns about the searches and various articles that are evident people have lied who are involved in this case are the very limited sources accepted. Clearly, if someone has correspondent via email the IP address's on the emails can hardly be disputed. If one feels the need to dispute it then by all means allow them to come on to the board without pseudo names and answer questions. Do you not agree this could put some issues to rest and then we "sleuthers" could discuss other matters that are suspicious.

As you suggested we ask questions when discrepancies are noted and we continue to search for the answers. As to who contributes to the "fact field being cluttered with all sorts of debris", wouldn't that be at the fault of the hands of the adults involved in a case who have told various stories, sneaked onto boards in a deceitful manner and rather then respect the wishes of LE freely discuss pieces of this case to even strangers? The "sleuthers" aren't the reason for the debris, we attempt to sweep up the debris to help find what may be evidence that could assist LE in their investigation.

Curious as to your thoughts about people involved in the crime coming onto crime boards under various alias's to discuss this case.

Novice Seeker

/// snippage ///

Curious as to your thoughts about people involved in the crime coming onto crime boards under various alias's to discuss this case.

Novice Seeker

'People involved in the crime' ?? Who might that be?

21909949_640X361.jpg

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Police are investigating at least three luring attempts since mid-November and have released a sketch in connection to them.

_______________​

The first incident happened on Nov. 10 at about 3:45 p.m. on Etheridge Northeast when a 10-year-old girl was on her two-block walk home from her bus stop when a man in a car stopped and asked if she wanted a ride, said the Olympia Police Department.

The girl became frightened and ran to her house. The man’s vehicle was described as a silver import missing the front license plate.

_______________​

On Nov. 13, around 3:20 p.m., police received calls of a suspicious man eight blocks north of the previous incident, at the 1200 block of Etheridge Northeast. (?)

The homeowner confronted the man and asked what he was doing. The suspicious man said he was a building inspector for the city, police said.

When asked to see official identification, the man said he would go to his car and get it. The suspicious man then left and ran towards a parked vehicle more than a block away. The vehicle was described as a silver, newer Mazda sedan bearing a yellow "Titus Will" advertisement with no visible license plate, police said.

The Mazda fled the area and police searched for the vehicle, but didn’t find it.

The homeowner described the suspicious man as a white man, 5 feet 9 inches, thin build, reddish brown hair and approximately 20 to 25 years of age.

Officers learned the homeowner is the father of two young girls, ages 9 and 12, who were expected to arrive home shortly.

_______________​

Another incident was reported on Nov. 24 when a 9-year-old girl reported that she was approached by a strange male in the area of Lincoln Elementary School. (?) The child described the man as white, about 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, with dark brown curly hair and a short brown beard.

Lt. Jim Costa of the Olympia Police Department said police have increased their patrols around the schools with both marked and unmarked units.

_______________​

The sketch is based on a description from the homeowner who reported a suspicious man in his yard on Nov. 13. Detectives have shown the sketch to witnesses from the two other reported suspicious person cases, but they said it does not appear they are related.

Police are asking for the public’s help to identify the person in the sketch. Anyone with information is being asked to call Detective Fayette at 709-2779 or Thurston County Crime Stoppers at 493-2222.

-

I was looking at the National missing children site and I have noticed that there are three young girls that are considered endangered runaways that have recently went missing. Thinking about when Lindsey first went missing everyone also suspected she too was a runaway. I was wondering if there is a similarity. Although these three girls are a little bit older then when Lindsey went missing they are considered runaways.

NICOLE MARIE KELLY, 15, missing 9/04/09 Lake Forest Park
SOPHIA FILIPCIC, 16, missing 9/14/09 Snohomish
TAYVAUNNA SHAKAYLA LERONIQUE MILAM, 15, missing 11/25/09 Seattle

Could there be more to meet the eyes, along with the attempted abductions in Olympia in November. The towns Mccleary, Olympia, Snohomish, Lake Forest Park, are all out skirts of Seattle within an hour or so drive.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86190&page=17 # 409
as well page 16 is talk of the search center, of several people that where kind of different out of place, that was at this meeting prior to the search for Lindsey. There was mention of one of the men wearing an arm bandage. May not be the same person as the person attempting to abduct the other children just found it kind coincidink that there too a man with bandage is present

I was looking at the National missing children site and I have noticed that there are three young girls that are considered endangered runaways that have recently went missing. Thinking about when Lindsey first went missing everyone also suspected she too was a runaway. I was wondering if there is a similarity. Although these three girls are a little bit older then when Lindsey went missing they are considered runaways.

Could there be more to meet the eyes, along with the attempted abductions in Olympia in November. The towns Mccleary, Olympia, Snohomish, Lake Forest Park, are all out skirts of Seattle within an hour or so drive.

You will also find quite a few runaways from 'foster care' ... unbelievable.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86190&page=17 # 409
as well page 16 is talk of the search center, of several people that where kind of different out of place, that was at this meeting prior to the search for Lindsey. There was mention of one of the men wearing an arm bandage. May not be the same person as the person attempting to abduct the other children just found it kind coincidink that there too a man with bandage is present

Hi Tamg, Good take! I searched hi and low last night trying to find the photos from the vigil of Aug 21st where we saw people sitting on bleachers. There was a man standing alone and back by a tree off to the left in one photo and he was also seen sitting in the bleachers. We all zoned in on him as I remember.

I don't remember a guy with a bandaged arm, but I sure wish the photo's were up so we could go have a look-see. If they are on the Jvk photo thread I sure missed the link.

Too bad our dear SimplySearching isn't here right now. She knew everything about that!

Great to see you Tamg ;}

Hi Tamg, Good take! I searched hi and low last night trying to find the photos from the vigil of Aug 21st where we saw people sitting on bleachers. There was a man standing alone and back by a tree off to the left in one photo and he was also seen sitting in the bleachers. We all zoned in on him as I remember.

I don't remember a guy with a bandaged arm, but I sure wish the photo's were up so we could go have a look-see. If they are on the Jvk photo thread I sure missed the link.

Too bad our dear SimplySearching isn't here right now. She knew everything about that!

Great to see you Tamg ;}

Some photos....

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #12

I appreciate your comments to clear up some of the muddy water. Perhaps the major reason for being able to provide the information which supports why some have shared their concerns about the searches and various articles that are evident people have lied who are involved in this case are the very limited sources accepted. Clearly, if someone has correspondent via email the IP address's on the emails can hardly be disputed. If one feels the need to dispute it then by all means allow them to come on to the board without pseudo names and answer questions. Do you not agree this could put some issues to rest and then we "sleuthers" could discuss other matters that are suspicious.

As you suggested we ask questions when discrepancies are noted and we continue to search for the answers. As to who contributes to the "fact field being cluttered with all sorts of debris", wouldn't that be at the fault of the hands of the adults involved in a case who have told various stories, sneaked onto boards in a deceitful manner and rather then respect the wishes of LE freely discuss pieces of this case to even strangers? The "sleuthers" aren't the reason for the debris, we attempt to sweep up the debris to help find what may be evidence that could assist LE in their investigation.

Novice Seeker

Hi NS, Reading your post, Show Your Hands popped into my brain!

Yesterday hearing 20,000 cops shout this out in unison made a huge impact on me. Lindsey's forum should be no different than any other, I agree.

Maybe investigators might choose a different tack and simply watch and learn. That could be and would be understandable. I do think though the statement 'involved in the crime' is not what you mean. Maybe rather anyone 'close to the case' would be more accurate.

I don't want our forum locked. I want all of us to work together in our Sleuthing for Lindsey, as a team. It is the goal of everyone here to try and put this puzzle together to help LE in any way we can. They read here for a reason. All great minds, each coming from different perspectives.

We are so fortunate to have so many locals here on Lindsey's forum. Gosh, they bring the rest of us right up close to where she vanished with hardly a trace, that we know of. Our locals have kept the searches alive and they have given so much of their time and $$$'s. Sometimes it seems like a tug of war between the Sleuthers and some of the locals and that has to stop IMO.

I think if we all have Lindsey in our minds FIRST before we write anything here, it could change the whole tone of our discussions. +, Ya Ya

ok...this may be really petty but i'm gonna throw it out there....i am originally from the east coast and i know the beaches there have TONS of seashells...KK was suppose to go looking for seashells the a.m. after Lindsey went missing...i have been to alot beaches out here from Moclips to southern OR and i havent found a beach with ANY shells...sand dollars...but not shells...im sorry if this seams stupid...i ...like everyone else ..am grasping at ANYTHING to find this poor little girl...

21909949_640X361.jpg

_______________​

_______________​

_______________​

_______________​

-

Thanks jvk - this seems like an overt attempt by one or more desperate pedophiles.

The dates: Nov. 10 - Tuesday; Nov. 13 - Friday; Nov. 24th - Tues.

And in the next post #564 - they have a date of Nov. 9th - Monday. Is this a mistake? Wonder which date it is the 9th or 10th? If Monday is a mistake you would wonder why two Tuesdays - does the slug have a job giving him that day off? Just wondering.

<snipped>

Novice Seeker

If you know of someone posting on the forums who is "involved in the crime"..
and think this is something Tricia needs to know about, why not contact her or one of the mods listed at the bottom of the forum? :)

Thanks jvk - this seems like an overt attempt by one or more desperate pedophiles.

The dates: Nov. 10 - Tuesday; Nov. 13 - Friday; Nov. 24th - Tues.

And in the next post #564 - they have a date of Nov. 9th - Monday. Is this a mistake? Wonder which date it is the 9th or 10th? If Monday is a mistake you would wonder why two Tuesdays - does the slug have a job giving him that day off? Just wondering.

I'm not sure about the dates.. but the Titus Will license plate makes me think he works for a car dealership. Car salesman, mechanic, auto detailer?

A little OT.. but that man has some messed up ears, doesn't he? One side looks to be gauged.. the other looks almost deformed.

Nice tracking on these cases! Makes you wonder if LE tracks cases within and outside their state for murdered and missing children. A national database maybe?

Sometimes I wonder when a murderer is caught and it's said he is a 'first' time murderer - how do we know he isn't a serial killer who was caught for the first time? yikes!

I'm not sure about the dates.. but the Titus Will license plate makes me think he works for a car dealership. Car salesman, mechanic, auto detailer?

A little OT.. but that man has some messed up ears, doesn't he? One side looks to be gauged.. the other looks almost deformed.

OT - I'm sure this slug doesn't sell cars - who could concentrate on buying a car when looking at those ears.

ETA: on a more positive note: Even though children are terrible little eye wittness reporters - they would remember ears like that and have all kinds of interesting descriptions for them. mho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay