WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about her relationship status...but I would think she put the kids into the McCleary school because she lived closer...not to mention it's a better school as far as getting an education.

One thing that's been poking at my mind today is somthing I think I read in an article, but haven't been able to find (of course, I haven't had a lot of time to read them all) but it said something about the Baum's dollar store in Elma. I went to the store a couple months ago and there were a man and a woman there, and they said it was theirs. Unfortunately I don't remember what the woman looked like, so I don't know if it was MB, but the comment about her relationships nagged the incident back into my mind.
Now that is very interesting! It would make sense for her to move to a small town in the middle of nowhere if she had relatives there! To my knowledge, she has not remarried since splitting a couple of years ago with her ex. If Baum is her maiden name, it would have to be parents, brother, or related on her father's side, imo. This adds more to the mix.

The spirit shown on her myspace is so amazing and talented and full of life, then the day she laid out the "scared" icon because of her nasty bad dreams, drove home to me that this child was given some sort of message from the powers that be, as disgusting as they can be in situations like this. I'm sorry, but if god exists then this crap needs to stop. I am so hollow and shallow about this. How can there be a god if LB is dead? If LB is dead, then the idea of god is meaningless. That is my spiritual response to all of this. Thankfully, I am not spiritual, so whatever happens happens, but I will remain bugged...and confused.

IIRC it was about Lindsey getting paid to work there or something...it's getting way to late for me to be trying to think about it...and remember where it was

IIRC it was about Lindsey getting paid to work there or something...it's getting way to late for me to be trying to think about it...and remember where it was

I found where I read it:

"She went to church at the Evergreen Christian Center in McCleary, an offshoot of a larger church in west Olympia. She sometimes worked the front counter at Baum’s store in Elma, a “dollar store.”"

http://www.thedailyworld.com/article...8989072462.txt

Thanks McCleary and all others who live in this town, your evidence and experience is invaluable to truth. I hope that many more from the area join this forum to share.

SeriouslySearching, you bring up some excellent questions about her life force and what she was experiencing, and I sincerely appreciate your consideration of these things, emotive things the child was going through, clearly you are a professional.

My response to your suggestions is that whatever happened anywhere else LB was happy about where she was when this strange loss occurred. One of her best friends asked her where she would like to be if she ever decided to run away. Her answer was that she would want to remain in McCleary, and that is powerful to me. And shameful to the god awful moron who probably took advantage of her. I just hope against hope that the animal left her breathing.
You can call me SS~ (easier and faster to type) LOL

No, not a pro here. Just another internet sleuth! The experience comes from WS and paying attention to the real professionals. The rest comes from the heart and trying any way possible to find these innocent children who have been torn away from us all.

Yes, I remember reading that statement from her friend. She did sound like she loved life in McCleary at the time (the article made it sound as if she said that awhile back), but it is my understanding she was having some problems with kids at school and possibly other problems if she indeed was caught shoplifting. Her own mother called her a "drama queen" and mentioned her attitude, IIRC. All was not well with Lindsey according to her recent statement on her myspace when she mentioned the nightmares and her feeling something bad was going to happen.

I found where I read it:

"She went to church at the Evergreen Christian Center in McCleary, an offshoot of a larger church in west Olympia. She sometimes worked the front counter at Baum’s store in Elma, a “dollar store.”"

http://www.thedailyworld.com/article...8989072462.txt
Excellent catch, McCleary! I know why I skated over it...I was thinking "Braum's" as in ice cream store. Now we just need to find out which Baum owns it and if they are related!

Mark is not a new subject & i don't really consider him 'suspect. Nor really credible. I'd reported my conversation w/him to LE the next morning. I believe the belief/scenario of his soberness is limited.

I didn't want anyone to miss this article!!!!

AMW Is Covering Lindsey Baum Saturday July 11, 2009!!!!! :woohoo: :clap: :woohoo: :clap:
July 11, 2009
<snipped>
Join John Walsh on the search for Lindsey Baum.
July 11, 2009 Saturday on FOX, 9/8c.
Catch AMW on Fox, Saturday Nights 9pm Eastern and Pacific, 8pm Central.

Article:
http://www.amw.com/show_archive/tv_detail.cfm?currentDate=2009-07-11

July 11 2009
Artur Martirosyan (Fugitive), Lindsey Baum (Missing Child), Peter Soto (Fugitive), more

LINK TO ARCHIVE OF UPCOMING SHOWS:
http://www.amw.com/show_archive/past_shows.cfm

:angel:

YAY! Angel, I could kiss you! :saythat:
This is just what Lindsey needs!
Everbody make sure everybody watches!

Mark is not a new subject & i don't really consider him 'suspect. Nor really credible. I'd reported my conversation w/him to LE the next morning. I believe the belief/scenario of his soberness is limited.
Still...everyone is a suspect except for MB and SW. I am very glad you did report it. You never can tell what LE could glean from him.

You can steal whatever you want from me, JVK~ :D

I do respect your opinion. I just have to look at everything from every angle and ten ways from Sunday. ;) LOL

I watched a Forensic File episode a couple hours ago about a young 9yo (?) who went missing from her yard. She had been lured into a neighbor's car by an offering of a McDonald's hamburger. He had been walking his dog and stopped to chat. Once in the car he drove her to his home where she played with his dog and then strangled her. No mention of a sexual assault. So, of course I thought of Lindsey through the entire episode...and now am unable to sleep.

With that episode in mind: I wonder what could be used to lure Lindsey into a home/yard/car? One thing we know about Lindsey is that she loves dogs. Do the locals know if there are many fenced in yards or people who walk their dogs along Maple? Might be a person who walks his dog regularly in her traffic pattern where she has seen him over time, maybe even talked with the person. TIA

Hi de ho!

About the caretaker in the Olympic Forest. I remember in the Scott Peterson case that there was an island in San Francisco Bay that had a caretaker. It was Brooks Island and was either a State or Federal park.

There was a little house on the island, part of it open to the public as it was a breeding ground for birds. A young couple had the job and it was a very good job. I think she had recently had a new baby in fact.

What my point is I think a caretaker of any public property like the Capitol Forest or Brooks Island would be a choice job and they would be very selective in choosing the caretaker/s. I would be real surprised if they had a schlup there, but it is still a good question to pose at this stage of the investigation. xoxoxoxox

You'd think wouldn't you? But do you know about the Soham murders here in the UK? Two little 10 year olds were murdered by the caretaker of the towns schools. That was a 'choice job' that came with a house etc. and of course background checks 'CRB' as it's called here, didn't stop Ian Huntley slipping through the net though!

You'd think wouldn't you? But do you know about the Soham murders here in the UK? Two little 10 year olds were murdered by the caretaker of the towns schools. That was a 'choice job' that came with a house etc. and of course background checks 'CRB' as it's called here, didn't stop Ian Huntley slipping through the net though!

Hi Lalalemon, It's nice to meet you and thanks for that. I have heard the name of Ian Huntley but never studied his murders. The English posters I have known have mentioned his name with horror and disbelief.

You'd think wouldn't you? xox

Good mornin' my good people :D

Sorry I haven't been posting much but I do read every day. This pregnant stuff has me sooooo sleepy! If I'm not eating, I'm sleeping.

The other day I asked the question regarding how the deployment of LB's dad would go since she is missing. Thanks to all that answered and helped me to understand it better. Please don't throw any tomatoes my way BUT my reason for asking is because I have this feeling, in the back of my mind, that this whole situation could involve her daddy. I'm in no way saying her dad "kidnapped" her but is it at all possible that Lindsey spoke with her dad, told him the troubles she was going through (school & "troubles with Josh") and begged him to just "come home" or "let me move with you". Did Lindsey have a hard time accepting the fact that her daddy was in Tennessee & not coming back to "their family"? Did Lindsey have nightmares or have feelings that something bad was going to happen to her dad because he was getting deployed? Did daddy decide to take LB out of the situation she was in? Did he have someone else take her to put a halt to him being deployed? We've seen crazier things happen. Maybe he didn't want to go & truly wanted to help his daughter so he planned something out (with his military skills) and hoped for the best? My biggest problem with this is... How on earth did "this person" know that Lindsey was walking, alone, at 9:15pmish on a Friday night? But then again, how would anyone know this?

Here are some more questions I have.

1. Did Lindsey know that she needed to be alone that night? Of course, they asked if MK could sleep over or vice versa but what if they knew it wasn't possible? LB and Josh get in a squabble/argument/whatever & Josh goes home. LB leaves her phone at home (although I'm sure she usually had it with her).

2. Was this person not someone that LB was familiar with but "knew" because she was expecting him or her?

3. When was LB's father notified that she was missing?

4. How long, after granted leave, did it take for her dad to get to McCleary?

5. Did her dad have a girlfriend or wife? A friend that lived with him in Tennessee?

Ok... I know I may be WAYYYY OFF on this one but just some questions I thought I would ask. Since only 2 people actually took a poly and passed, everyone else is still a suspect...correct?

:curtsey:

Thanks for reading... I'll sit over here with my fruity pebbles cereal & await the responses. :blowkiss:

Here are some more thoughts & questions.

Let's think back in our minds to when we were young and sneaky. Was there a place you would sneak off to that maybe only your closest friends knew about? Someones home? A tree house? *Someones window?* If Lindsey did not get picked up in a passing car, and no one saw her beyond 5th and 6th on Maple, maybe she took a "back way" into someones home, building, etc. A place that she could have went without being spotted? Maybe LB snuck off to that "spot" to visit someone and chill for a bit before going home for 10pm (her curfew time). Maybe no one knows about this special getaway place except for a few of the friends. Maybe she never went there alone before & it was an opportunity for this person to harm her. I do believe that if she went into someones home, she didn't use the front door because neighbors would have seen her. The perp would have also known that no one saw her there. How would the perp know for certain no one saw LB enter this place? Hidden? Getaway for kids?

*meant for those freaky ones out there ...hehe*

Wow, this gives me a headache LOL

*Need more fruity pebbles*

cajungirl i wish that this case would turn out to be what you've described. but i don't think it is sadly.

I watched a Forensic File episode a couple hours ago about a young 9yo (?) who went missing from her yard. She had been lured into a neighbor's car by an offering of a McDonald's hamburger. He had been walking his dog and stopped to chat. Once in the car he drove her to his home where she played with his dog and then strangled her. No mention of a sexual assault. So, of course I thought of Lindsey through the entire episode...and now am unable to sleep.

With that episode in mind: I wonder what could be used to lure Lindsey into a home/yard/car? One thing we know about Lindsey is that she loves dogs. Do the locals know if there are many fenced in yards or people who walk their dogs along Maple? Might be a person who walks his dog regularly in her traffic pattern where she has seen him over time, maybe even talked with the person. TIA

Morning all, Eyes, I too watched that episode last night & all I thought of was Lindsey & the similarities.

You are right, we know she loved animals, so it quite possibly could be something like that scenario.

Perp could have lured her over with anything pertaining to the pet & I would bet Lindsey would have responded. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member