WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, Cyber!! JVK sent a few photos our way earlier, too! It will be fantastic to see all the photos. Sounds like a good size crowd showed up and I am glad they are still in it for Lindsey.

While you may not see LE there in force, I would bet there were a couple with maybe wives or children mixed in the crowd. If not, they are being remiss. Normally, we hear about them video taping events for missing children, too. You never know who may show up at one of those vigils.

I had no doubt that JVK would pass a closer inspection. LOL Glad you got to meet him! :)

I posted about this earlier, but I couldn't copy it.

Glitch fixed, now I can.
This was posted on the find Lindsey site that seems to be handled by MM:

Name Ida
Email ********** at hotmail dot com(addy redacted)
Comments I have called the tip line and sent an email to the Grays Harbor police about seeing a girl who told me her name is Lindsey in Hoodsport on July 3, 2009. She was hungry, thirsty, looking for work to earn enough money to buy food. She was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and it was a hot day. Since then, a week or two later, a girl wearing a hooded sweatshirt came into one of the shops here in Hoodsport and asked if there was work available. I have left my phone number both in the email I sent and when I called the tip line, but have not heard from anyone. I suggested to them that they send an investigator to Hoodsport to inquire of any of the shop owners if this girl has come to them looking for work. I have the email available that I sent to the police regarding this if the family would like me to send it to them personally.

http://members.sitegadgets.com/cassidyred/guestbook.html

Myspace that tracks to email addy left for this person, goes to Western Australia...can you set your myspace to show you in a different country?

Glitch fixed, now I can.

Name Ida
Comments I have called the tip line and sent an email to the Grays Harbor police about seeing a girl who told me her name is Lindsey in Hoodsport on July 3, 2009. She was hungry, thirsty, looking for work to earn enough money to buy food. She was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and it was a hot day. Since then, a week or two later, a girl wearing a hooded sweatshirt came into one of the shops here in Hoodsport and asked if there was work available. I have left my phone number both in the email I sent and when I called the tip line, but have not heard from anyone. I suggested to them that they send an investigator to Hoodsport to inquire of any of the shop owners if this girl has come to them looking for work. I have the email available that I sent to the police regarding this if the family would like me to send it to them personally.

Myspace that tracks to email addy left for this person, goes to Western Australia...can you set your myspace to show you in a different country?

I'd bet anything that's just some wacko amusing themselves.

I'd bet anything that's just some wacko amusing themselves.

I was able to run the distinctive username in her email address and came up with a name. intials are IS, she is female, very involved in many church activities, in her 60's, and seems to actually live in Hoodsport, WA, although the listing I found there is for someone that I am assuming is her husband.

I think the person is legit and the info is just mistaken.

Glitch fixed, now I can.

Name Ida

There's some kind of glitch on myspace that sometimes lists WA (the abbreviation for washington) as western austrailia...when I first got my account that's what it did to me and I had to go in and manually change it on my profile...

And Hoodsport could technically be considered on the way to Forks...if one was to take the olympic peninsula loop that direction...just remembering that she's a twilight fan...

I'm almost sure it's nothing, but the poster does seem to check out, and it renewed my hope a little, since in this case, we haven't heard much about sightings, legit or otherwise.

I do hope it was thoroughly checked out and didn't land at the bottom of the tip pile.

So let's "what if?" What if she was really really mad at her brother. How would she have gotten to Hoodsport? Walking? And if she was looking for work, wouldn't her age tip people off that something was amiss? It would me!

And another thing...if this happened to me, I would have been going straight down to our local sheriff's substation and demanding to see one of the deputies - post haste!

I'm almost sure it's nothing, but the poster does seem to check out, and it renewed my hope a little, since in this case, we haven't heard much about sightings, legit or otherwise.

I do hope it was thoroughly checked out and didn't land at the bottom of the tip pile.

Well, it would certainly be wonderful if it turned out Lindsey's (relatively) okay! That would truly be a miracle.

Didn't a local say a few threads back that people from the northern towns like Hoodsport come to the area for the ORV park. Wasn't the other sighting at the ORV park? Could she have hidden out there for a couple of days and then hitched a ride with someone back north?

That's weak, but weirder things have happened.

So I met Jvk at the restaurant. There was also a new member who is in the middle of signing up for websleuths.com, but wanted to come down anyway. He said he has yet to be approved, but thought he would come down. He had some great information including information on Wayne. He mentioned that Wayne was not a pastor, he was just a really good guy who helps out around the church. He also said he was a member of the church that Lindsey supposedly belonged to but didn't recall seeing her there much if any. Hopefully when he gets fully signed up, he can give you more information regarding Wayne and the church.

For the most part, the vigil was very quiet. I didn't catch who the speaker was, but he held the mic a majority of the time. My wife said she thought he was the pastor of the church. Lindsey's Mom spoke, KK, MK, her girl scout leader, and other's from the community took turns at the mic. It mostly consisted of well wishes and that Lindsey return home.

My wife said that MB did shed some tears during the time she spent on the mic. KK was in tears at the mic and my gut tells me she feels some responsibility for Lindsey going missing. MK introduced herself on the mic and said she was Lindsey's best friend. She was in tears too.

I met JB. He seemed well mannered enough, but in my honest opinion, detached from the whole thing. Most of the kids sat and listened to the speakers while he was up moving around most of the time. My wife also told me that when they would go to the park there, they would always see him and that he was very friendly. He even pushed my daughter around in a wheel barrow one day. My wife didn't realize who he was until tonight.

I did notice a few people standing back from the crowd. Besides the photographers, Jvk being one of them, there were a few people who chose not to sit in the bleachers, of which there were plenty of empty seats. It was hard to get photos though as there is a backstop of cyclone fench there. I also didn't want to use my flash to disturb others. No one was using flashes after the sun went down so I hope my photos are ok. Also I have to apologize, but my steadyshot wasn't working well. So some of the pictures are partially blurred. Also my camera is great in low light and it was much darker than what you will see in the pictures.

Were the parties involved in her disappearance there tonight? I honestly couldn't say.

Although it doesn't sound probable...I always remember the situation with Elizabeth Smart. It can't get any weirder than that, IMO! So, we always need to keep our eyes wide open!

I sent IS an email. I was much nicer than I was in the one I sent to Adam/Bot last night.

I'll hold off on what I said awaiting a response.

BTW: the email that I sent Adam/Bot didn't bounce back, but it didn't get a response either.

Cyberswept, THANK YOU for attending the vigil in our behalf! I look forward to meeting our upcoming and new member! <waving hello!> And thank you to JVK also! Lindsey has a wonderful, loving and dedicated team of people who love and care for her and want her to come home!

Lindsey - I hope you can see us praying for you, sweetheart!

Gee....for so many in a room, it sure is quiet! LOL! Gotta go to bed...have to get up early. Thanks again to everyone for all you did tonight! {{{HUGS}}}

Not my kids, yes, you can set Myspace to any city, state, country you wish.

And Hoodsport Washington is about 35 miles north of McCleary.

Cyberswept, THANK YOU for attending the vigil in our behalf! I look forward to meeting our upcoming and new member! <waving hello!> And thank you to JVK also! Lindsey has a wonderful, loving and dedicated team of people who love and care for her and want her to come home!

Lindsey - I hope you can see us praying for you, sweetheart!

Thanks Kimster. I am working on photos right now. Will be uploading soon.

DSCF2440.jpg

DSCF2430.jpg

DSCF2444.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

DSCF2446.jpg

DSCF2451.jpg

DSCF2458.jpg

DSCF2463.jpg

DSCF2457.jpg

DSCF2464.jpg

DSCF2468.jpg

DSCF2469.jpg

DSCF2480.jpg

DSCF2481.jpg

It is not often that i shoot in full manual on my camera. So considering i bone-headed my ISO settings (64) all the way through (but got the rest) it came out OK :)

cyberswept, Thank you so much for going and observing and relaying your gut feelings to us. It helps a lot. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Good meeting cyberswept. Good head on his shoulders & family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06