WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that bringing out cadaver dogs on a Tuesday afternoon would be the result of some kind of tip received. If I ask my self 'why'...there isn't any other explanation..is there? :waitasec:

Seems to me that bringing out cadaver dogs on a Tuesday afternoon would be the result of some kind of tip received. If I ask my self 'why'...there isn't any other explanation..is there? :waitasec:

I'm with you. And the fact that LE was very careful to state they weren't searching anywhere in particular seems to me to be a blatant, well, lie. They would not bring the dogs in teh height of the warmest part of a 100 degree day unless they had a reason and a location.

I had seen no info on Pierce County, just Grays Harbor and Thurston.

The Undersheriff told Q13 FOX News that they received tips and are out searching Tuesday. The FBI, Pierce County Sheriff deputies and Search and Rescue teams are also involved in the search for the missing girl. -snipped-

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-072809-mccleary,0,4668836.story?track=rss

has Pierce County always been involved or is this new?

I think it's new having Pierce County involved. I would have noticed that because that's where I lived when we were stationed in Tacoma.
Somewhere on here (the RSO thread??) I posted a list of RSO's in Pierce county who had a history of grabbing children.

Actually, I wish somebody would lie to me in a PM and tell me she was found safe and then I'd avoid this thread after that forever. This summer has brought too much bad news in these cases.
I know, I know, she needs to be found whatever the circumstances, it's just that denial is looking good at this point. I hate that moment when even the faintest hope is extinguished.
Nothing like freestyle floating on the river of denial. Hop on and we'll go tubing. I think LE must have arrived early this mornong for a search for them to be so brief on that afternoon news. Sheriff stated "door to door" which is much more specific than what has been released since then. I wonder if those searches of homes were done first and they branched out!

Why did they pick the hottest day of the week to search? And why not later in the evening or really early this morning when it was a tad cooler?
Someone must have phoned in one hell of a tip to make them search in this heat. I didn't think the dogs did well in the heat.

Why did they pick the hottest day of the week to search? And why not later in the evening or really early this morning when it was a tad cooler?
Someone must have phoned in one hell of a tip to make them search in this heat. I didn't think the dogs did well in the heat.

I was just thinking that. Perhaps that is why Cyber didn't see anything going on...the dogs have to be cooled down. I remember that from the Caylee case somewhere.

BTW - THEY LIED! It was supposed to get to 104 today and it is 105 in central Oregon right now!
Smiley_hot.gif

I was just thinking that. Perhaps that is why Cyber didn't see anything going on...the dogs have to be cooled down. I remember that from the Caylee case somewhere.

one of the articles I read said it was slow going because of the temps.. They were making sure the searchers and the dogs were inside getting cooled off and drinking tons of water between searches.

They are searching with cadaver dogs--wouldn't the heat draw out the scent? Just asking.:confused:

I didn't see "cadaver" mentioned in the news story. Just that they were using search dogs.

Edited: Oops.. sorry, I had only read Kiro news. Not q13 (who is saying they are using cadaver dogs)
http://www.kirotv.com/news/20204468/detail.html

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-072809-mccleary,0,4668836.story?track=rss

it's in the q13fox link

snipped - Q13 FOX News is learning that search teams with cadaver dogs are searching areas around McCleary where a ten year old girl disappeared last month.

The dogs must be so very hot Kimster! The heat tends to bring out decomposition odor so the cadaver dogs will have a far better chance of sniffing an odor than the scent dogs. I'm sure the owners of these beautiful and dedicated dogs will be more than careful to make sure they remain hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE