WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless someone is certain that the bouy was not there prior to MC killing, I would submit that it would be common for a bouy to be off shore, but near a residence. There is no sandy beach at that spot, so a boat or jetski would be "tethered" off shore within wading distance from the shore. You cannot "beach" watercraft at that location without damage to the hull. This method is commonplace all up and down the Columbia River due to rapid water level fluctuations and rare occurrences of sandy beaches. IMO

I absolutely agree that it would be common, I've seen and also utilized many.

However, I'm confused about previous conversations regarding the buoy -- as far as when it WAS and WASN'T there. Follow me?

More pics

Attachments

• 23578_100139550026296_100000907531613_797_6279128_n.jpg
    23578_100139550026296_100000907531613_797_6279128_n.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 23578_100139560026295_100000907531613_799_1006326_n.jpg
    23578_100139560026295_100000907531613_799_1006326_n.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 94
Just caught up on the last 6 or so pages...and wanted to comment on the JF hair cut, and receipt. From reading the entire thread it seemed that JF received the cut, got a phone call, stepped out, and then returned to sign his receipt.which to me, indicates he paid with a credit or debit card. (already stated). It is also a possibility that the receipt record is at the HAIR SALON, as a record of payment, and NOT in JF's possession. Just throwing it out there....I don't think his 6:00 hair cut leaves time from the almost 4:00 boat launch, out and back to CB, or the spec house, and back to East Wenatchee. MOO

I absolutely agree that it would be common, I've seen and also utilized many.

However, I'm confused about previous conversations regarding the buoy -- as far as when it WAS and WASN'T there. Follow me?

I saw it when I was there 2 1/2 weeks ago. I don't know if its there currently. Is there someone that could do a quick "drive-way" to check?

Wow! The river is really low! I wonder where the water level was on 2/9; 2/10; 2/11; and 2/12.

I know, like record-breaking low. I doubt anyone would have been able to launch a boat at these levels, but they may not have known that until they got there, if you know what I mean...

I have been approached by men twice. Once while pumping gas and once while loading up groceries. At the gas station, it was lit up like noon and there were several other people gassing up! He wanted me to sniff perfume. I got right in the car and locked the doors. At the grocery store, I was lucky. He was asking for money and there were other men in the car he had gotten out of right next to mine. These days, I carry a zapper in the palm of my hand and a million volts will pass between me and the next one! I will run once I see lightning bolts coming from his eyes or his pants are soiled.........or both. I bought 6 of them for all my girls and nieces. They were stocking stuffers last Christmas! :Banane36:

where do I get one? or two? or three? lol

More pics

Given where the second picture was taken, I'm sure the taker would know if the white buoy is still there or not.

Excellent pics, BTW. They show just how steep the property really is.

Given where the second picture was taken, I'm sure the taker would know if the white buoy is still there or not.

Yes, the white buoy is definitely not in these pictures, but I'm not sure when these pictures were taken. Most of del rio's pictures were taken before I was there. I used them as reference for what to look for.

Where in relation to that stream was MC's body believed to have been found?

Originally Posted by del rio View Post
MC's feet were not in the Columbia River. They were in the stream that comes out of the pond. Nonetheless, her body was on or near the "beach." Just not in the River.

That is to say, MC's body was closer to, if not in, the brush near the edge of the "beach."

In other words, MC's killer probably did try to hide her body.

There was a bag "on" MC's head when her body was discovered.

Once again, thread 3, pages 9, 10 and 11.

Hello everyone!!!!
I am so sad to see this site so quiet, but I understand with no new info what do you do?
I am meeting with a friend of mine tomorrow morning and her daughter, who was a very close friend of MC. I will see what I can find out. I am praying everyday that this person is caught and punished.

I saw it when I was there 2 1/2 weeks ago. I don't know if its there currently. Is there someone that could do a quick "drive-way" to check?

As of this afternoon, the white buoy is no longer there.

Unless someone is certain that the bouy was not there prior to MC killing, I would submit that it would be common for a bouy to be off shore, but near a residence. There is no sandy beach at that spot, so a boat or jetski would be "tethered" off shore within wading distance from the shore. You cannot "beach" watercraft at that location without damage to the hull. This method is commonplace all up and down the Columbia River due to rapid water level fluctuations and rare occurrences of sandy beaches. IMO

In front of other residences such a buoy may be normal. But there was definitely no buoys in front of the CB property when I was there in November (and, believe me, I would know because I spent a lot of time staring out at the river).

The house has been in foreclosure for several months, and a bank has owned it for over a year now. So, noone has been living in the house for a long time.

If the white buoy was not out there in November, it must of been placed there sometime between then and mid-February. But who would place a buoy in the river during the Fall and Winter? And why? It doesn't make sense. If someone lived at the house, and it was the spring or summer time, then I could understand.

Hello everyone!!!!
I am so sad to see this site so quiet, but I understand with no new info what do you do?
I am meeting with a friend of mine tomorrow morning and her daughter, who was a very close friend of MC. I will see what I can find out. I am praying everyday that this person is caught and punished.

Miss J! So happy to have you back on board! We have missed you! :woohoo:

MOO is that the buoy was left behind by LE, possibly marking some evidence collection point. Maybe after they read some of our criticisms here about leaving 'stuff' behind, they decided to go collect it? I'd love to know if those spent shotgun shells are still hanging around there.

Question: IIRC someone mentioned on here that JF was a witness during the Jack Owen Spillman III trial. Was he testifying for the defense or the prosecution?

Question: Do the authorities know for sure that Spillman acted alone?

In front of other residences such a buoy may be normal. But there was definitely no buoys in front of the CB property when I was there in November (and, believe me, I would know because I spent a lot of time staring out at the river).

The house has been in foreclosure for several months, and a bank has owned it for over a year now. So, noone has been living in the house for a long time.

If the white buoy was not out there in November, it must of been placed there sometime between then and mid-February. But who would place a buoy in the river during the Fall and Winter? And why? It doesn't make sense. If someone lived at the house, and it was the spring or summer time, then I could understand.

I remember we speculated that it could have been left by the diver's. However; it is vedddddy interestink! :eye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum