WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Report indicates the stab wound is to the neck ... I can not fathom a perp strangling over a bleeding cut ....

I agree - I can't imagine someone wanting to strangle a bleeding neck. IMO that would just cause that much more of a mess to be cleaned up, which I think is part of the problem for LE.

Also, Del Rio - someone asked earlier and I couldn't find an answer - did you happen to see any blood in the ground around the trails, brush, etc.? Having been to a murder scene before, there was definitely "evidence" after the fact, so I was wondering if you say any indication at the CB property like that? I know they have removed/cut a lot of brush from there, but it would still be on the ground, places it couldn't possibly have been completely removed from.

:whistle:

And regarding MC's car up PC: IIRC correctly, there have been other cases nationally where there was a similar red herring, and in the end authorities later learned that the first clue was next door or within a few blocks of the perp and where the victim may have been held for some time. That would be the simplest explanation: that MC was up PC or a neighboring canyon (like Halverson), and they and the dogs simply could not find her.

I find it insane that we cannot find someone that would confirm that she left for the day or was expected back. If her station was clean and she had put the cover on her combs, cleaned her razor…there are a number of signs that would let someone known if she was coming back. At the very least she would have said to someone, “I will be back or see you after while.” Do we know if she was close to anyone at the beauty school? Did she have enemies at beauty school? We may be dealing with the police asking the students to not talk about the case? It is very odd that we do not have someone from the school that can confirm anything.

Not to gripe, but we also have a problem with too much information that cannot be confirmed as a fact. In addition if seems like there is a great deal of information that points to specific people, cannot be confirmed, and are being presented as facts. It is frustrating. We are also dealing with conflicting information, which is a major pain. I also suspect that some of us do not like some of the participants on a personal basis. These issues are not limited to this forum they seem to be imbedded in this case from the family and friends to LE.

I am sorry if I stepped on someone’s toes, but this statement was not directed at anyone specific and I tried to keep it as vague as I could. I just had to make this statement, it has been eating me up inside and hindering me from doing what I joined Websleuths for, to help Mackenzie.

Regarding the academy parking lot video ... MC appeared to be carrying something to her car, as if she were holding with both hands ... anyone else see that?

IMO, if everybody keeps thinking JF is the likely culprit, it sure takes the heat off of the boyfriend. Since he's such a likeable fella and so squeaky clean, nobody can fathom that he could possibly do such a thing. If he is the perp and he thinks he's safe......he just might slip up.

I really don't think that MC's boyfriend did this. If I saw anything that pointed in that direction, I would believe it but so far, nothing.

Does anyone else think that JV could have done this?

It appears those 15 minute breaks were not adhered to. I don't think MC was planning on going back to the Academy. It was just assumed she was going for a coffee, since she did that often. It seems it was no big deal if any of the girl's left and did not return. Just my opinion from what I have read from other's who have knowledge of this.

I'd like to find answers to these ponder points:
  • When did MC arrive to the academy on 2.9.2010?
  • Did MC typically break for lunch? That day?
  • If so, typically when and where did she eat? That day?
  • Did she typically eat alone? That day?
  • If not alone, typically with whom? That day?

Regarding the academy parking lot video ... MC appeared to be carrying something to her car, as if she were holding with both hands ... anyone else see that?

Doesn't look like no 15 minute break to me...that girl was gone for the day! Good catch.

SPECULATION: so if we ASSUME that MC really was on just a 15-minute break, and she for a FACT left the Hair Academy at 3:01, would that not mean that it was the Perp who responded with a "Hey" text message, to her BF's incoming text message at 3:40? IMO that's exactly what it means, and if not, then the 15-minute break is false. Or, to confuse it all again, she did indicate somehow a 15-minute break, and then changed her plans... or someone confronted her and changed her plans for her.

I really don't think that MC's boyfriend did this. If I saw anything that pointed in that direction, I would believe it but so far, nothing.

No, I do not believe JV had anything to do with this either...

'.. so she could look over the river ..' ?

ummm .. with a bag over her head???

Hmmmmm... completely sane, rational people spread their loved one's ashes at viewpoints all the time. So, I suppose a simple RUMORED bag on the head might not take away from giving the killer some comfort after what he had done to a loved one.

The above is assumption unless YOU know otherwise.

Yeah I also get the impression from the video that she was done for the day (carrying things out cradled in arm).

Reading lots and lots of theories.....
Some are very extravagant. I would suggest that you also remember Occam's razor - "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" - a very fancy was of saying keep it simple, stupid!

Some of the theories truly test my ability to follow with the complexities - perp going here, car going there.

What is the simplest theory you can present? So far, I have read very few and mostly from Del Rio and Puf. I am very interested in seeing what simple theories we may collectively produce.

Okay, back to work.

The absolute simplest scenario is that MC committed suicide: she parked her car on PCR, then jogged to CB, upon arrival as PC she placed a bag on her so as not to mess her hair, hit herself in the head a few times with some ol' rock she found, then strangled herself a bit, then stabbed herself in the neck.

Well ... I know ,, I know ,,

It's not just the *simplest*, period, it's the *simplest that also makes sense*.

I thought of of this too! When I mentioned it to a couple people who know the owner, they thought I was crazy. Weird though. Isn't Fuel close to the hair Academy?

Walgren & Western Market on the West side of the river. Have yet to see poster on East side of the river.
Sockmonkey, yes I would beleive that the new bar, "Fuel" owners, workers & patrons would most likely park in the same parking lot as MC had.
Yes maybe crazy but where MC parked and left at CB?, just thinking? Keep at it...off to work.

I'm somewhat acquainted with this new suspect, and I feel extremely comfortable stating that he is a very unlikely murderer of MC. One reason (among many) being that MC really doesn't strike me as his "type."

That said, I believe the connection between him and MC is not unreasonable.

Del Rio, did you get any other pictures of the clearings? If so can you post?

Yes, I did. Check your PM.

I dont know about the spillman theory. But i do know their is alot of people you could tie to spillman. I had a friend who was married to his sister at the time. They questioned him and many others at the time. But who knows.

So, was your friend JF????

Well, if it's true (and I believe it is) that she went to Target, then he is one of the last known to have seen her. He certainly was closer to her than anybody else and had reason to be angry with her if he found out she was planning on seeing someone else. Since they had been going together for so long and reportedly spent much time at the spec house, it's safe to assume he knew how to get in. Due to her Mom's connection with Real Estate, MC could have had access to vacant properties.

I'm just keeping all possibilities open. I think folks have written him off as being involved............and since the killer is still out there, we should be open, open,open! JMHO

I agree - I can't imagine someone wanting to strangle a bleeding neck. IMO that would just cause that much more of a mess to be cleaned up, which I think is part of the problem for LE.

Also, Del Rio - someone asked earlier and I couldn't find an answer - did you happen to see any blood in the ground around the trails, brush, etc.? Having been to a murder scene before, there was definitely "evidence" after the fact, so I was wondering if you say any indication at the CB property like that? I know they have removed/cut a lot of brush from there, but it would still be on the ground, places it couldn't possibly have been completely removed from.

:whistle:

I saw absolutely no signs of blood anywhere. That said, the first time I went to the CB property was about 2 or 3 weeks after MC went missing. On that occassion, I didn't go on the property--I merely walked around it.

Would 5 or 6 weeks be enough time for blood to disappear due to the elements or animals?

:

Again, let me say that my source heard this directly from JV himself. MC walked into Target before he got off work at 4 PM. If she left the Academy at 3:01, I would "guess" that she was at Target in between 3:20 and 4:00.

OK...good...now I hope to hear if the car wash sighting is possibly factual.

Well, if it's true (and I believe it is) that she went to Target, then he is one of the last known to have seen her. He certainly was closer to her than anybody else and had reason to be angry with her if he found out she was planning on seeing someone else. Since they had been going together for so long and reportedly spent much time at the spec house, it's safe to assume he knew how to get in. Due to her Mom's connection with Real Estate, MC could have had access to vacant properties.

I'm just keeping all possibilities open. I think folks have written him off as being involved............and since the killer is still out there, we should be open, open,open! JMHO

I guess at this point until ruled out, anyone in her circle can be a possibility. The fact she and her bf sent the "hey" texts at 3:40 then she was possibly at Target 20 mins later is interesting (rumor). Maybe there's more to the texts than "hey?" Hopefully he's innocent.

As usual, your questions are very poignant.

"About the places which appear to have been cleared away, (likely by LE):

Were these places with enough cover/concealment from the above roadway or neighbors, etc, that someone wouldn't be afraid to do something there during daylight hours?"

Yes, definitely. Said places have 360 degrees of total concealment (except from high above in the sky).

"Did you see any blood, or evidence that blood was removed, (soil disturbed/removed)?"

I saw no blood. But I did see in many locations disturbed and/or removed soil, as well as brush, tree branches and other vegetation that were disturbed and/or removed.

"After being on that hillside and thinking about more then just carrying ducks back home this time, what do you think of this being a one-man job or one man with wheel-barrow/cart job? Is everything continually downhill?"

It’s certainly possible that a single individual could have undertaken the disposal of MC’s body, especially if he/she had a wheel-barrow or cart. And, yes, starting at the driveway, and following the fluorescent red line down to the lawn, everything was down hill. And the perp’s movements on the property seem to indicate that he/she went straight down the hill to the stream-area.

If you check out the photos I told you about, there’s one or two which show that the route taken by the perp as indicated by the fluorescent red line is consistent with (or maybe even showing) using some kind of wheeled apparatus to transport MC’s body from the perp’s car in the driveway down to the stream. By this I mean that if the perp(s) carried MC’s body in their arms or over their shoulders, they could have easily taken a shorter route from the driveway to the stream (i.e., the stairs or down the small rocky embankment).

Based on this, I SPECULATE that MC’s body was transported down to the stream via some type of wheeled apparatus.

"Let's skip on over to ASSUMPTION land: I keep going back to LE's statement that it appeared the body was "placed" at that particular location. Was it the suspect trying to give MC's body a more upright position so she could look over the river? (Would definitely be a tip to LE that it could be someone who knew and cared for her if "placed" means something like that)."

I don’t know how exactly MC’s body was situated, except that her feet were in the “water.” But, if MC’s body was, in fact, placed at the location I believe it was found at, then that location would enable the perp(s) “to give MC’s body a more upright position.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone