WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'd love to be more optimistic I cant say that much value should be placed on the facebook poster. I would love to know who the poster was that was fueling her fire so to speak?

I personally don't believe that FB poster or her 'friend' or her 'friend's 'friend' who supposedly works at the jail.

My guess is the one fueling ALL this is the 'friend' of the original FB poster but who knows.

Before I sign off I need to make a few corrections to the above post(s) re: the FB 'informant'.

Her first post said the news would break soon according to a reliable source..Around the same time she thanked her 'friend' for the news (she's the source) & asked what else she knew..Her last post was asking where is the breaking news..I had it butt backwards..Sorry! I got the times she posted mixed up..And as of right now there has been NO new posts by her or the 'friend'..Hope that helps all who can't view the FB page :)

The D. woman posted on her friend's wall, at 9:11 last night. It said, "good night thanks for the '' C. case '' info..."

8:30 AM- Just listened to an interview with Capt. Doug Jones on KOHO (101.1 FM) Radio

- They have interviewed everyone known close to MC and several suspects close to MC and the process of elimination continues end QUOTE]

What does he mean by "and several suspects close to MC"?

8:30 AM- Just listened to an interview with Capt. Doug Jones on KOHO (101.1 FM) Radio

- They have interviewed everyone known close to MC and several suspects close to MC and the process of elimination continues end QUOTE]

What does he mean by "and several suspects close to MC"?

I think he was referring to the fact that LE has interviewed everyone close to MC, including all folks who could be suspected.

He did state- again this is not an exact quote- that the first people questioned are those close to the victim and that they had done this.

The source on FB (the one that worked at Chelan County) just posted that it was a rumor. Arg.

NO- it says "was it just a rumor"

I think she is asking if it was rumor.

Look, this FB woman, the one several have linked to, is a true piece of work. One of my former co-workers used to refer to her as "Mrs. Jerry Springer". The minute I had to deal with her, I understood. I believe she has mental health issues, among other things. I'd love to believe someone here knows something, but not seeing the beginning of this message (the part that was deleted) makes me wonder if this isn't something she conjured up to get some attention.

mine comes up the correct day... even more frustrating. Can someone go snoop around and see what our POI is doing?

Just throwing my thoughts into the ring.

-It has been demonstrated that you must conduct your online searches carefully; there are many Douglas Counties in the United States. I fell vicitm to that recently after reading the rumor that a suspect was arrested. I found a Douglas County jail roster with a person, last name of F, in custody. Too bad it was not in Washington State.

-I saw a series of posts in the last two threads regarding evidence collected. If we assume that a thorough investigation is being conducted, then there are lots of things being collected. Someone - and I do not envy them - has to determine what is evidence to be further scrutinized (scientifically tested, if need be) and what is held back for review later. So I would submit that there is a time lag between locating, collecting, and testing what has been collected.

In a previous post, I asked for people to focus and present their theories. So far, there seems to be a preoccupation for theories with a single perpatrator. This intrigues me as I think that at some point in this crime, there was at least an accomplice.

How many people here have had a large dog die on them? My dog was about 60 pounds when she passed away and it was a challenge to physically move it. I have hunted with friends, and a small deer (in the 90 pound range) over terrian will quickly wear you out. I can not fathom the mental strain in addition to the physical strain of trying to move a dead person.

I currently tend to agree with girlfawkes earlier theory but am contemplating how an accomplice fits in.

As always, this is my opinion only....based on the numerous posts submitted here.

I'm looking back through old articles again... found this one particularly interesting:

“We don’t want people to think there is some crazed rapist out there,” said Sgt. Cherie Smith of the Wenatchee Police Department. “That was not the motivation for this at all.”

Smith said investigators declined to comment on what they suspect is the motivation for the 17-year-old’s death. They have also declined to comment on the cause of her death. She said investigators do not want to comment on when they think she died.

Smith said Monday that when Cowell’s body was found Feb. 13 on a beach at Crescent Bar, she was wearing the same clothes that she was last seen wearing when she was alive on Feb. 9. She was also wearing the same boots that she was wearing in a video, released by the task force, of her walking to her car in a city-owned parking lot Feb. 9. The lot is behind the Academy of Hair Design, 208 S. Wenatchee Ave., where Cowell was a student.

"At all." Then they know what the motivation was. It could have been a failed rape attempt that led to violence, but not according to Cherie Smith, who says that rape was not a motivation "at all."

To exclude attempted rape as a motivation, they'd have to have another motivation in place. Wonder whose face is on that card that they're holding so close to their chest.

How many people here have had a large dog die on them? My dog was about 60 pounds when she passed away and it was a challenge to physically move it.

When my German Shepherd died, I wrapped him in a blanket and pulled the blanket onto a plastic children's sled. I pulled him along the ground without any problem. The hassle was getting him onto the sled, not pulling it once he was on it. He was about 60 lbs. If you are going downhill, it's got to be easier, too.

I was in a store this weekend and happened to be helped by JV. That was a little strange after knowing his connection. I know it doesn't mean anything... but what a genuinely nice guy!

I was in a store this weekend and happened to be helped by JV. That was a little strange after knowing his connection. I know it doesn't mean anything... but what a genuinely nice guy!

Was it in the store that was rumored to be visited after she left the salon?

I'm looking back through old articles again... found this one particularly interesting:

“We don’t want people to think there is some crazed rapist out there,” said Sgt. Cherie Smith of the Wenatchee Police Department. “That was not the motivation for this at all.”

Smith said investigators declined to comment on what they suspect is the motivation for the 17-year-old’s death. They have also declined to comment on the cause of her death. She said investigators do not want to comment on when they think she died.

Smith said Monday that when Cowell’s body was found Feb. 13 on a beach at Crescent Bar, she was wearing the same clothes that she was last seen wearing when she was alive on Feb. 9. She was also wearing the same boots that she was wearing in a video, released by the task force, of her walking to her car in a city-owned parking lot Feb. 9. The lot is behind the Academy of Hair Design, 208 S. Wenatchee Ave., where Cowell was a student.

"At all." Then they know what the motivation was. It could have been a failed rape attempt that led to violence, but not according to Cherie Smith, who says that rape was not a motivation "at all."

To exclude attempted rape as a motivation, they'd have to have another motivation in place. Wonder whose face is on that card that they're holding so close to their chest.

bbm

Excluding one motivation does not necessarily imply another, specific motivation is in queue but we might suspect 'typical' motivation sets are in play for investigation. I believe LE's assumption that 'rape' was not a motivation is based on the condition of the body with intact clothing and (probably) autopsy results.

bbm

Excluding one motivation does not necessarily imply another, specific motivation is in queue but we might suspect 'typical' motivation sets are in play for investigation. I believe LE's assumption that 'rape' was not a motivation is based on the condition of the body with intact clothing and (probably) autopsy results.

These are the the four motives for murder:
-love/sex (including jealousy?)
-greed
-revenge
-madness

Which motive are we leaning towards? I posted earlier that I thought it was a serial killer (which, I guess, would fall under "madness").

Has anybody heard that LE just arrested 3 people...????

sorry guys...I didn't realize that you were talking about this earlier :loser:

I'm at work and my office mate and I heard this rumor and I was so excited to hear someone was arrested that i just went to the last page...:doh::doh: My apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots