WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to throw it out there, I made a circle up Eaglerock at about 7:00 p.m. There was no LE activity in the neighborhood, no activity at the C home. Packages on the front porch, and the older burgandy truck in the driveway. I hope she is visiting the boys at college this weekend, and finding comfort with them.

I don't see any reason for JV to lie and say he sent the message at 4:15, but if LE has records showing the last transmission of a message at 3:40, then that would be the one I would go with.

The thing is, we speculated that LE wasn't telling us the whole story or maybe twisting the truth. Before this case, I was naive and never thought they would do this but it seems like there has been so much of that going on here!

Kinda feels like trying to grasp for straws while sinking in quick sand...

Speculation: A clean car is important to the male who is rumored to have been in the passenger seat at the rumored car wash. If this person owns a car, it looks nice. (Pure pop-psy on my part). It could be this person asked or told MC to wash the car.

Just to throw it out there, I made a circle up Eaglerock at about 7:00 p.m. There was no LE activity in the neighborhood, no activity at the C home. Packages on the front porch, and the older burgandy truck in the driveway. I hope she is visiting the boys at college this weekend, and finding comfort with them.

Seems I read somewhere that she was going to spend MC's birthday and Easter with the boys.

Seems I read somewhere that she was going to spend MC's birthday and Easter with the boys.

Yes, actually after I posted that I checked the FB "Celebrating the Life of MC" site, and WC says she is going to Seattle for MC's birthday, making her favorite meal of Dunguness Chicken and Artichokes. They also had a cake for MC's birthday. Speaking from personal experience, they are doing the best they can to honor MC, and keep her alive in their hearts by remembering her, and celebrating MC on her birthday. I am sure it was a hard day.

I wonder why the windshield wipers are like that? Someone may have been in a hurry to get out of the car and hit the switch and didn't fix it before turning the ignition off.. was it raining at all that day?

MC's wiper (driver's side) was stuck upright and has been for a long time before her disappearance. That was a distinctive characteristic that has been omitted from descriptions of her car all along. The windshield was also cracked.

MC's wiper (driver's side) was stuck upright and has been for a long time before her disappearance. That was a distinctive characteristic that has been omitted from descriptions of her car all along. The windshield was also cracked.

How do you know the windshield was cracked? Did this occur on 2/9, or was it a previous incident? Any more info. on the car? Thanks, Sillyputty. (LOVED silly putty back in the day! Great name.)

Do you know who her passenger was?

So many people online but so few of us posting. I would love to hear if anyone can back up anything that's been stated here, or offer something new.

Hi Melissa, Reading Hotmadre's post, I went back to pp 23, reading:
"If I were the perp, the FIRST thing I would do is seperate myself from the most difficult thing to conceal...the car". Ozz, with the response:

"If I were the perp and needed to dispose of a red car, I would probably wait until at leastdusk to drive it anywhere. Because red cars tend to stand out like a sore thumb!" Liz

What Liz says makes such sense, also knowing the killer or accomplice had to drive that car almost back to Wenatchee before crossing the river to drive it to the place where it was left. I always thought that was odd or pretty risky, if it is the case.

Maybe Ozz is right, and as Hotmadre's post suggests, the car was driven to be ditched after they arrived at CB. I had always thought the opposite, she was killed and the killer then drove the car to a place that was distanced from the body and not far from town so he could walk back to Wenatchee, as LE has suggested.

If not, it could easily mean that the passenger directed her from the car wash to the house at CB. If it were a gang abduction, the first thing they would want to do is get rid of her car. One gang member's contribution. LE must have a reason to believe whoever ditched the car walked back to town, maybe if there were no other tire tracks when there were a set of footprints. That doesn't add up.

It does put a different light on how it could have happened, if she was a captive at the car wash. If the passenger was a girl maybe no one would think it odd. No one would be thinking a female would be her abductor/killer, at least in the early stages of the investigation, right? And maybe a girl wouldn't think it strange to drive this red car on the open road in daylight! IMO IMO

It sure opened my eyes, reading those posts :waitasec:

PS: I have a lot of faith in the Astros. If they said she was being murdered at 4:15, I believe it, which would mean it could have been well planned. As she was being killed, her car was being driven to where it would be ditched. IMO

I was just reading a Seattle Weekly blog about MC dated March 12th and one of the comments to the article dated March 31st said, "It was the boyfriend's best friend, what a pig, what a disgusting no good pig". Do we know who JV's best friend is?

I am just catching up but-----you guys keep saying LE is playing cat and mouse by giving false information out to the public. Is that legal and/or usable by defense in a trial? It doesn't seem right that LE could "lie".

How do you know the windshield was cracked? Did this occur on 2/9, or was it a previous incident? Any more info. on the car? Thanks, Sillyputty. (LOVED silly putty back in the day! Great name.)

I have seen her car frequently. Not sure how long the windshield was cracked, or how long her wiper has been like that. I recall seeing it "stuck up" when she was brushing snow off of it this winter. It was one of those silly little things that when you saw it you thought~THAT CAR is Mackenzie's!

General question about Hoppy Frog's post----she tells us not to "bash" MC's mom because there is no evidence that she was involved in the murder. We have no evidence that ANYONE was involved in the murder so does that mean we can't talk about anyone on here?? I am confused. Maybe Hoppy means that we can't "bash" anyone. Can anyone explain? I had the same problem yesterday when Hoppy told us not to talk about JF's wife because she is innocent---but we don't know that. Help......

Thanks Melissa. I apologize if I seemed to be doubting anything earlier. I'm just trying to play devil's advocate I guess. If we all agreed on everything here I don't think that would help MC much.

So I do have a question about MC's car, related to the car wash rumor. JV says MC didn't wash her car much if at all, to paraphrase. But if you look at the pictures of her car, it doesn't look that dirty, KWIM? It almost looks like it could have been washed that day and then got a little dirty driving after that.

IMO the car wash rumor could be true, but more importantly to me the question is why does a car wash become important on this day?

Notes about MC's car and the car wash ....

I owned a '97 and own a '02 Grand Prix, both with the spoiler. When this particular Grand Prix design was introduced in '97 the spoiler originally was part of an option package but almost immediately became a 'standard' item that model year.

The spoiler is not insulated properly around the base perimeter. The spoiler base and trunk lid contour match in shape, but not *exactly*.

Whenever you wash this car or drive through at least a moderate rain, water accumulates between under the spoiler base and the top surface of the trunk lid. Consistently.

After you dry the car, and eventually drive from the car wash the water trapped under the spoiler seeps out over the trunk lid from the lowest points around the base of the spoiler left-side and right-side along the rear edge. Consistently.

The volume of water and trapped dirt under the spoiler dictate how much water seeps out and how much remains to eventually evaporate.

In a previous post I attached a pic with arrows indicating where water seeped out and pathed down the trunk lid of MC's car.

It is also clear in the pic that dirt accumulated over the car after having been washed, as evidenced by the water seepage running along a 'dirty' trunk lid.

The dirt could have accumulated when LE had the car towed from PCR to the impound lot or the dirt could have accumulated from the last driver's dump drive.

Timeline:
  • morning of 02/09/2010 - unknown - where was / what did MC do?
  • 11:30 am - MC visits the Target with intent to meet JV. MC hangs a bit perusing CDs then decides to leave because JV is still attending to a customer(s).
  • unknown - assumption is MC goes to the Academy of Hair Design.
  • 2:45 pm - JV receives / exchanges text from / with MC. This is before MC leaves the Academy of Hair Design or at least she is still in the immediate vicinity of / in the building.
  • 3:01 pm - video shows MC walking to her car in the parking lot.
  • 3:40 pm - LE reports MC's phone (and probably MC) is 'located' at the boat dock. This is sketchy and *too accurate* a placement if based on phone signaling only. Maybe Gold's Gym? Can JV confirm? Did MC frequent the boat dock?
  • 4:00 pm - MC and a 'passenger' are witnessed at the car wash. Possibly on video. Attendant assists MC with inserting money. JV indicates MC was not a regular visitor to a car wash - or at least was not adamant about washing her car so who knows if she did or did not actually visit the car wash for whatever other reason?
  • 4:15 pm - JV sends a text to MC but it is not received by MC's phone. The phone either is powered off or is outside of cell coverage areas, such as along the route to CB?
  • 5:42 pm - LE reports a last 'ping' of MC's phone. This leads me to conclude the phone was not powered off earlier but was outside of coverage area. I do not expect a perp to power on the phone after having powered it off. LE does not reveal the ping location. Why not? I believe LE can not pinpoint an area and do not want this public.
  • Present Day - LE and Websleuthers pull hair out sleuthing this case. Wig and Toupee manufacturers follow closely behind picking up remnants.

I wonder if the LE knows about this article with the so called "suspect" being the boyfriends best friend...maybe someone should tip them?

Wiper control bar damage and Windshield crack possibilities:
  • MC received car in that condition.
  • Stone / rock kick-up from vehicles tires traveling in front of MC's car.
  • Front defroster air too hot on very cold day.
  • Previous confrontation(s) led to crack and / or wiper bar damage (purposefull)
  • Car shows no damage but could have been repaired so collision is a possibility

I am just catching up but-----you guys keep saying LE is playing cat and mouse by giving false information out to the public. Is that legal and/or usable by defense in a trial? It doesn't seem right that LE could "lie".

It’s perfectly legal for LE to lie to the press, suspects, witnesses, the public, and etc. Some would maintain that that is normal. The only forum in which it is it illegal for LE (like everyone) to lie is the courtroom, i.e., perjury.

And, no, it’s not usable by the defense during trial if LE provides false information to the “public.”

Melissa---
I have a question for JV. There was the rumor that MC was especially happy during the couple of days prior to her disappearance. Does he remember that and why does he think she felt that way? Thank you and him for helping MC.

General question about Hoppy Frog's post----she tells us not to "bash" MC's mom because there is no evidence that she was involved in the murder. We have no evidence that ANYONE was involved in the murder so does that mean we can't talk about anyone on here?? I am confused. Maybe Hoppy means that we can't "bash" anyone. Can anyone explain? I had the same problem yesterday when Hoppy told us not to talk about JF's wife because she is innocent---but we don't know that. Help......
TOS rule number one:
1) Be a decent human being
I take that to mean no bashing anyone~suspect or not. MOO.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads