DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KOMO
Story Published: Feb 24, 2010 at 8:11 AM PST

Still no suspects in slaying of Wenatchee teen
The family of a 17-year-old girl murdered after she left beauty school is offering a $5,800 reward for information leading to an arrest and prosecution.

Mackenzie Cowell was found dead along the Columbia River on Feb. 13, four days after she was last seen alive.

Investigators have ruled the death a homicide, but the exact manner of death has not been released.

Wenatchee police officials said detectives have followed up on more than 150 tips in the case, but so far no suspects or persons of interest have been identified. - snipped

http://www.komonews.com/news/85203917.html

I heard yesterday from an extremely reliable source that law-enforcement was told that several pieces of vital information had been leaked to the public and that it needed to stop. In addition, they told me that some, if not all, witnesses were called and told to keep their mouths shut about information that they know. There is some fear that it could have a negative effect on the investigation if the information was leaked.

This is most likely why the Wenatchee World has been policing their website so closely. If you keep checking the comments on the World’s site keep fluctuating. Public adds the World removes; no problem they are just doing their job. I hope by Friday they release more information; there is just not enough to go on at this time.

I check on comments there pretty often and have seen a few things that made me go hmmmm, but nothing I would consider vital. More along the lines of people claiming they had been there and seen her body, someone linked Mac's brother's myspace, and mostly just stupid stuff. I did however see an interesting few comments yesterday, but missed the first one that sparked the conversation. Some people were referring to Mac's BF as Cam****. (Yes, yet ANOTHER name, sigh).

I wonder if what they are talking about was the court records that were linked? That's all public info though, so personally I can't really see it.

So just out of curiosity nobody has officially said where she was suppose to be going, whether it be to the high school for dance practice or to go get a coffee and come back to the hair academy. Just curious if anyone knows.

Looking at the big picture, I find it very interesting that we are missing so much information about people that I think you would have heard from, not as a suspect, but as a concerned part of Mackenzie’s life. Notice, the below list is not a list of suspects, this is a list of people who I think, under normal circumstances, would have made some type of public plea.

1. Mackenzie’s boyfriend
2. Mackenzie’s mom’s boyfriend

I am very surprised that they have not made public pleas or are even known at this time. I believe that the information removed from the Wenatchee World’s website dealt with this information. I also find it strange that the Wenatchee World would remove this information and yet they left a comment about Mackenzie’s mom on there for several days. (It may still be in the comment section?)

Overview of 2/9/2010:

1. 2/9/2010

3:00-3:30PM: Mackenzie leaves beauty school
5:45 PM: the last ping on her phone is detected
7:00 PM: her car is found in Picture Canyon
8:00 PM: her car is reported and the search for Mackenzie starts
11:13 PM: call made to 911, girl is crying? May not be related.

I am going to start putting together a time line, vital information (known and unknown) and a suspect profile. If you have vital information, known or unknown send it to me and I will include it. Also, you can send me names, because we are putting this together and the names will not be published, unless they are named suspects at some point. After I compile and collate the information I will send you a copy, if you would like.

If you want to send me info, let me know and I will give you the email address where you can send it.

The Wenatchee World
Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Friends gather for Mackenzie

Officials at the Town Toyota Center say they expect several thousands of people to attend a memorial service for homicide victim Mackenzie Cowell at 11 a.m. Thursday at the facility.

“We are planning on a full house,” said Ernie Rodriguez, marketing director for the center. The center’s capacity is about 4,500 people, including seating on the floor.

Interest in the death of the 17-year-old Wenatchee High School student has run high since her body was found Feb. 13 on a bank of the Columbia River at Crescent Bar.

More than 2,500 people have signed up as members of a Facebook group called “Celebrating the life of Mackenzie Nicole Cowell.” Stories about the case have generated hundreds of comments on wenatcheeworld.com - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/24/friends-gather-for-mackenzie-town-toyota-center/

So just out of curiosity nobody has officially said where she was suppose to be going, whether it be to the high school for dance practice or to go get a coffee and come back to the hair academy. Just curious if anyone knows.

from the latest article:

Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said students and officials at the school thought she was just taking a break and would be returning to the academy. He said her father, Reid Cowell, expected her for dinner at his Orondo home that night.

Mackenzie’s red 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix was found abandoned up Pitcher Canyon Road about 8 p.m. that night. - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/24/friends-gather-for-mackenzie-town-toyota-center/

from the latest article:

Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said students and officials at the school thought she was just taking a break and would be returning to the academy. He said her father, Reid Cowell, expected her for dinner at his Orondo home that night.

Mackenzie’s red 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix was found abandoned up Pitcher Canyon Road about 8 p.m. that night. - snipped

That is what I thought I had read at the beginning but then I thought I came across an article stating she was going to dance practice at the high school, but I could be wrong. Also if they were expecting her to return and she didn't why weren't they concerned. So many questions unanswered.

The person currently in jail on the murder charge is not the person who killed her. He is there for shooting a man at a party from a rival gang.

Hey guys. I have been reading the comments on this site ever sense Mackenzie Cowell went missing. I too, am a local and us locals have heard tons of rumors and speculations, I'm not going to post anything of that nature on here, due to the fact that I don't want ANYTHING to get in the middle of the police and FBI finding this horrible person. I will say however that this VDD guy wouldn't be the one that did this just because he has past accounts with Mackenzie, if he was being charged with her murder he wouldn't already have these felonys to his name, and he would be holding untill a trial, so I would be paying attention to those that don't have a charge yet versus the ones that do. Like they said, they have clues but no significant lead, and I doubt that they would be lieing about this, I'm sure they have ideas but they aren't going to say FOR SURE untill they have whoever did this behind bars. This is a small town and trying to link people through facebook to facebook isn't going to get to far because everyone in this town is linked one way or another. I do have some questions though. Has anyone looked into where her father and or step-father work? Is it in any way related to that house? would a construction worker have known of mackenzie and known this code or have the key to get into the house? I don't know just different ideas and thoughts. I hope they find this horrible person that did this, and I hope that they have him behind bars so us locals can finally relax..

Am I the only one that thinks it is strange we don’t know for sure who Mackenzie’s boyfriend is? You would think they would have come forward at some point and say something?

Her boyfriend is that JV guy.. I hope I'm not going against the rules by putting the initials on here? but from rumors speculating and what not.. her boyfriend is NOT this poet guy, I can tell you that much. It seems more reasonable that it would be the JV guy? and who cares who her boyfriend is, the FBI knows thats all that matters, he obviously didn't do it or they would know more at this time. if the guy writing these poems was an interest to them he would have been questioned.

The only reason I ask, is that someone who claims to be a friend of hers has said that he is not her boyfriend. How long have they been going out?

Am I the only one that thinks it is strange we don’t know for sure who Mackenzie’s boyfriend is? You would think they would have come forward at some point and say something?

As far as I understand it the FBI/DCSO/CCSO have told anyone involved with the case to stay out from in-front of the cameras and microphones to keep from potentially compromising the case.

They said that after the body was found, or am I wrong? What about when it was a missing persons case?

ChevyGirl,

I don’t think that anyone on this forum has accused anyone of murder. When you look at a crime it is very important to take an overall view of the crime, not just a focused view. If you focus on one thing and disregard everything else you may miss something.

Everyone who had a relationship with Mackenzie is upset and will be for some time. Even after they know everything about the case, that will not make the pain go away.

I know this from personal experience. I have a relative that was killed. They had a suspect; however, because of his relationship with Law Enforcement, the suspect was not arrested that night. They felt bad for him because he was violently ill because of what happened. In the end no one ever served time for the crime. Even though we know what happened, our family hurts each and every time something like this happens.
You and everyone who knew her have a long road to haul. No matter what we find out or whoever they find out killed Mackenzie, everyone involved will hurt.

Again, we are not making any accusations against anyone, this is not a game of “Clue” this is serious and real life. We just want the person responsible to be caught.

I am getting frustrated. I wrote a long paragraph that detailed my frustrations; however, this is not the right place for it. I decided to keep it to myself.

What I will say is that there are so many contradictory statements by Law Enforcement and those involved that I don’t know what to believe anymore.

I hope it gets cleared up soon.

Does anyone know why the comments regarding the previous restraining order re: Mackenzie and VDD were removed from the Wenatchee World comments section? Too close for comfort?

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but was VDD in jail on other charges, when Mackenzie disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe