WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on a radio station that the reward money could only be used for the reward & not just given directly to the family. They stated, if the reward money was not used, it would go to designated areas (I cannot remember what they had said the money would be used for if not used for a reward).

I think unused money is going to go to dance team. I read it somewhere, but I dont remember where. It is not tax deductable, so I guess it can go any where, eh?

There maybe two funds. One for reward, and I am not sure who started that. And one for funeral? Maybe started by WC office.........

There have been several times different media sources have confused the reward money with money being raised for funeral expenses. The police department said that they would not be involved in deciding who would receive the reward. A newspaper in the valley said that money raised would go to a reward, while a radio station said the money would go to pay the funeral expenses.

Could this be a Freudian slip? Does someone know the reward money will not be needed?

There seems to be a funeral and reward fund. One of the WW articles posted where to send money to depending on what you wanted to donate to.

I think there are two funds.

One was a reward fund and anyone can donate. The other fund was sponsored by the realtors of the area, and for funeral expenses.

I have a very bad feeling that this is going to end up being the saddest thing I have ever witnessed.

Yes.
Think about this, if I posted:
Chelan
I was partners when Mackenzie volunteered at Chelan Downtown Association Functions.
I have talked with LE seven times.

Someone who also knew Mackenzie and may be involved in her death may be able to figure out who you are and that you are talking to the police. If you have to talk with the Wenatchee World, do not post it to this site. Directly email Dee. I don’t have a problem with anyone sharing what they know with the media that is not the point. The point is that if you give out information on a website where everyone can read the post, while there is a murderer on the loose, you could be putting yourself and your family in danger. Use your head, email Dee directly.

You are right. However, most of us are all from Wenatchee, didn't know MC, and haven't called in any tips.

I just finished reading today's posts. Wow, we have lots of new posters now! Welcome. Did the reporter ever confirm themselves with the site? I see the reporter posted again today. The rumor is thick around town that MC had some kind of relationship with JF, wanted or unwanted. I also heard that JF became a suspect from the get go. I heard he tried to get his tires changed right after.

I just finished reading today's posts. Wow, we have lots of new posters now! Welcome. Did the reporter ever confirm themselves with the site? I see the reporter posted again today. The rumor is thick around town that MC had some kind of relationship with JF, wanted or unwanted. I also heard that JF became a suspect from the get go. I heard he tried to get his tires changed right after.

Why? Did he lose traction from the caked on mud from all his "brody~ing"...

IF and the word is IF WC purchased the new truck for JF after the disappearance and IF the rumors that WC allowed JF to move back in after the disappearance is true that would weigh heavily ….

All just speculation.

Tell me about the truck, please, if you can.

has any tried to google earth where mac's body or car was found? maybe we could get lucky and see something

I just finished reading today's posts. Wow, we have lots of new posters now! Welcome.

I wonder if the posters at Webslueth have ever helped solve any of the crimes in the past. Posters, here, are smart and seem to have a lot of information.

That's the first time I've heard about the tires. Very interesting stuff. :waitasec:

So did WC buy him a new vehicle and let him move into her home after MC disappeared?

WC purchased a new truck for JF from the local GMC dealer not too long ago. For some reason none of us has ever followed up to see when this happened.

A pick up truck? Have you seen it? (Sorry to ask..so if you don't want to answer...then don't)

Most of the maps that Google Earth and the other map sites use are archived and the same, areas like Seattle may get map updates from year to year. I believe that the maps on Google in the Wenatchee area are several years old. The only current map I was able to find is on Flash-Earth, the NASA map. Unfortunately because of security reasons you are not able to zoom in very far. Also cloud cover obstructs most of the views.

Pepsi
Could you post a link to the WW regarding the mother deciding who the money goes to?

WC purchased a new truck for JF from the local GMC dealer not too long ago. For some reason none of us has ever followed up to see when this happened.

So were these new tires he was trying to get for the BRAND NEW truck he just got? Ironic that a brand new truck would come with such worn tires. (just a hint of sarcasm)

let me see if i can find and then i will post......i think i read it when the memorial first came out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julie11