WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... I just figured something out! I came to a conclusion based on many facts and ideas of others. Since my conclusion is not proven fact, I won't share it. I think I know what happened...and why.

Oh no you don't Nancee. You cannot just leave us hanging!

If the killer or accomplice was close to the victim and felt guilty about the act, they would want the body found. They might also “place” it and cover the face. Especially if the victim was killed by accident such as in a fit of rage. A couple of us think the majority of damage could have been post-mortem to deflect suspicion.

maybe so?

Oops I forgot to mention on my last post that the sheriff was down at the boat launch asking everyone if they'd been there 3 Tuesdays ago around the same time and seen anything suspicious, specifically any suspicious vehicles. It was discouraging to me that they would have someone down there still asking questions and stuff, made it seem like they really don't have much of anything. But like it's been mentioned maybe they are just looking for witnesses to build a case against someone.

They know who did this. They are going to continue asking questions and talk to anyone that will talk so they can be sure they have solid evidence. They need a motive. If the POI is now with an attorney, so goes any chance of him giving up any information. They NEED a witness that can confirm ANYTHING at this point.

I know in past posts you have said you knew JF. Do you still hold true on your initial stance that he could never do something like this? I am just curious if you are starting to wonder yourself?

Well, I'd be lying if I said that all of this speculation and heresay didn't have an effect on my thoughts/ponderings. There seems to be a lot of intersting ideas and theories that would point to him, but until I hear something personally from someone involved I'm going to keep my previous stance. And maybe that's just because I don't want to believe otherwise....but like I said, until I have a solid reason to force me out of possible denial, I'm sticking with my original statement.

To those of you who replied to me (Dee Riggs, Wenatchee World), thank you very much. My editor wonders if I might pose three more questions of those who responded.
— what town are you from
— Did you have a personal connection to Mackenzie (Did you know her)
— Have you called any tips into the tip line at the RiverCom dispatch center.
Thanks, Dee
deeriggs@wenatcheeworld.com

Nancy, there is nothing wrong with throwing out a theory on this site. You dont have to specifically accuse anyone of a crime, just throw out a possible theory. I think that helps spark thoughts by others and makes for a better discussion. IMHO.

To those of you who replied to me (Dee Riggs, Wenatchee World), thank you very much. My editor wonders if I might pose three more questions of those who responded.
— what town are you from
— Did you have a personal connection to Mackenzie (Did you know her)
— Have you called any tips into the tip line at the RiverCom dispatch center.
Thanks, Dee
deeriggs@wenatcheeworld.com

Dee,

1. From Wenatchee
2. One degree of seperation between Mackenzie but I don't think I was ever around her.
3. I have not called in any tips

Nancy, there is nothing wrong with throwing out a theory on this site. You dont have to specifically accuse anyone of a crime, just throw out a possible theory. I think that helps spark thoughts by others and makes for a better discussion. IMHO.

IMO you are correct

Perhaps MC was having a relationship with JF, but JO.........still very much in love with her, found out! I still find it a very, very, very big coincidence that his poems apparently write of slaying a girl he loves after finding out about someone else!

i have thought that it is possible that the prep may have tried to force himself on MAC and/or raped her and she was threatening to go to LE about it. I have heard that MAc and JF did not get along and that could be why. Just a thought...

Well, I'd be lying if I said that all of this speculation and heresay didn't have an effect on my thoughts/ponderings. There seems to be a lot of intersting ideas and theories that would point to him, but until I hear something personally from someone involved I'm going to keep my previous stance. And maybe that's just because I don't want to believe otherwise....but like I said, until I have a solid reason to force me out of possible denial, I'm sticking with my original statement.

That is very respectable :)

Dee Riggs:
I am a resident of East Wenatchee and own another home in Wenatchee.
I did not personally know MacKenzie, but had some dealings with her Mom a looong time ago, before the divorce with Earthworks.
I have not called in any tips. I haven't even heard any of the gossip as I have been out of the area for a couple of months, but returning home this week.

I can't get my head around the Spillman connection. JF and he were brothers-in-law! I wonder if they still keep in touch? If he is "coaching" from the inside....Can I even say this stuff?? Also, why no sexual molestation if it was indeed a male that did this??

well, i'd be lying if i said that all of this speculation and heresay didn't have an effect on my thoughts/ponderings. There seems to be a lot of intersting ideas and theories that would point to him, but until i hear something personally from someone involved i'm going to keep my previous stance. And maybe that's just because i don't want to believe otherwise....but like i said, until i have a solid reason to force me out of possible denial, i'm sticking with my original statement.

very good post!

I understand why things take time. But what is frustrating is when the 17 year old went missing last week in CA, they arrested a guy because they found his DNA on her underwear. That took all of a day or two. Why this huge wait? They MUST have some samples back. I'm sure they are finding new evidence is turning up as they locate additional crime scenes, but how can they not have enough to at least hold him until more results come in...

They know who did this. They are going to continue asking questions and talk to anyone that will talk so they can be sure they have solid evidence. They need a motive. If the POI is now with an attorney, so goes any chance of him giving up any information. They NEED a witness that can confirm ANYTHING at this point.

As usual, greydiggity you are right on. If the LE jumps too quick to arrest, they will jepordize the ability to keep/convict POI.

I would venture to guess that LE is asking questions publicy to maybe fill in a gap or two in time frames. Not because they do not know who did this.

When someone goes into the doctor with a list of symptoms, the doctor must sift through and use process of elimination to get to idology of problem. What seems to complicate things is when there is more than one PROBLEM causing the symptoms.

I believe this might be the case with MC's whereabouts that day.

For example, maybe she met someone at the park to get some pot. This would answer some of the questions about narrowing down "pings" vs. someone maybe admitting to meeing her there, but has no clue where she went after.
Then it goes on to meeting someone else, possible perp, at another location. From there things go on to the horrible ending......

I am only using hypothetical scenerio to get my analogy across. There is no evidence to the example I used. I just think there might have been a couple "errands" that she possibly made after work before meeting up w perp, only a thought.....

I understand why things take time. But what is frustrating is when the 17 year old went missing last week in CA, they arrested a guy because they found his DNA on her underwear. That took all of a day or two. Why this huge wait? They MUST have some samples back. I'm sure they are finding new evidence is turning up as they locate additional crime scenes, but how can they not have enough to at least hold him until more results come in...

I totally agree that it seems to be taking a ridiculous amount of time. For those of you in Wenatchee, do you have confidence in the LE? What about past cases of murders- have they found the killers? This is just the weirdest case- with them not giving any information to the public. I feel like if they had given more information from the beginning, they would have gotten more valid tips. The more time that goes by, the less chance they have of convicting someone, I feel like. Any forensic evidence would surely be gone if not collected by now. Very frustrating!!

By not informing the public, which would include local realtors about crime scenes such as the Sunnyslope spec home, a lot of evidence has been lost or compromised.

I totally agree that it seems to be taking a ridiculous amount of time. For those of you in Wenatchee, do you have confidence in the LE? What about past cases of murders- have they found the killers? This is just the weirdest case- with them not giving any information to the public. I feel like if they had given more information from the beginning, they would have gotten more valid tips. The more time that goes by, the less chance they have of convicting someone, I feel like. Any forensic evidence would surely be gone if not collected by now. Very frustrating!!

!. There have been several murders that LE took way too long to solve or never solved at all. I don't have much confidence in them, but this case seems to be a little better handled. Maybe because the FBI was involved.

2. The 911 call to the residence on Okanogan was in Chelan, not wenatchee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios