WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a sidenote on the police tactics used to date in this case.

I think a good defense attorney will see right through this non-sense of asking for witnesses to what very likely amounts to a non-event happening at the boat-launch area TWO WEEKS after the fact. In my opinion this very public display of investigation was nothing more than a cover-their-butts tactic for when the defense lawyers ask detectives if they were looking for any other leads or just blindly focusing on their client, (a no-no when they refuse to name suspects or POI). To me it appears they are blindly focused and at the sake of leaving an entire town on edge, jumpy and buying firearms. Surprised no one has shot anyone yet in the heightened state of fear the town has been left in.

Also, I can't think of a better way to run an investigation that would almost guarantee a best-seller when some detective decides to write this book. Hey, at least Wenatchee doesn't have a "Drew Peterson" on the case, right? right??

We might not have a Drew Peterson, but we have Chelan County; Douglas County and even Grant County; Wenatchee PD and East Wenatchee PD AND FBI. Alot of ego's, I'm sure. Lots of chiefs and not enough indians?

You should. Just try to stay off of the property (criminal trespass). I took all the photos from vantage points not on the property.

I will make sure to not be on the property at all. I have a friend that has a camera lenes that will take a photo from the heights and have a pretty good photo of a house in wenatchee, I will try to track him down and see if I can get it for a bit. Not sure when I can get out there tho, I am doing stuff for my final project in psychology, and have classes all week with a long day on friday.

This is probably why they are calling the killer a monster and why del rio said it was "over kill."

Did you guys read the details about the serial killer from Douglas County that killed the mother and daughter that was the roommate and brother in law of WC's boyfriend? They were the most disturbing details I had ever heard!
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/werewolf_killers/1.html

Well, I learned something new about that case! I had heard most of those things. However; I had heard that the killer had stalked Rita and offered her a drink that night at a bar where she was with a client. I did NOT know he was actually stalking A! At the time, my 14 year old daughter went to school with A! We lived only a couple of blocks away! I remember well that week of sheer terror and panic, as we did not know the police had him under surveillance! We believed him to be on the loose!

I'm going to go throw up now!

Well Kiddies I must head to bed I have classes in the morning and I am not going to get much sleep with all this new info running through my head.
:bedtime:

Awesome. Do me a favor and try to take some photos of the brushy area between the pond and the river. There are two faint trails carved in that brushy area that go from the grassy area in front of the pond down the hill to where the stream meets the river. Basically, if the orange trail continued straight down the hill to the brushy area, it would meet these two trails.

I suspect the killer(s) used one of these trails to access the location where MC's body was placed.

I will try for sure.

Can someone interpret this spray paint?

Del Rio......is that rebar in the picture??? If so............why would it be there? Do you recall seeing rebar there when you were there in the fall? You typically see rebar at new construction or perhaps a remodel, but I wouldn't think you would still find rebar where decorative landscaping has been added in!

*this was discussed early on. It hasn't been brought up lately. I thought we had moved on from him, but I don't remember why. He seems so obvious that there is no way it could be him! Does anyone remember that he supposedly referred to Mackenzie as "trainwreck" in real life? (not just in his his poetry)That has been on my mind since I heard that. Why did we veer away from him? Thanks for bringing it to the forefront again!
Seriously? I just checked out the Edit Red poems, and you guys are totally grasping at straws. How can you bring someone into this and basically accuse them of a crime just because they write poetry? I have a child his age. Poet has been to my house. Very athletic, focused, dedicated. Supportive parents. Can't believe he is being dragged into this. Did I totally miss something?

Can someone interpret this spray paint?

ummmmmmmmm................could it possibly be the shape of a sheep??????
and the rebar a shephard's hook?...........as in.................Little Bo Peep???????

As in poem boy's "Final Stand"?

I should probably try to sleep now. I am probably dreaming stuff up!

Seriously? I just checked out the Edit Red poems, and you guys are totally grasping at straws. How can you bring someone into this and basically accuse them of a crime just because they write poetry? I have a child his age. Poet has been to my house. Very athletic, focused, dedicated. Supportive parents. Can't believe he is being dragged into this. Did I totally miss something?

Well, let's hear your take on the poems........

Can someone tell me which parent got custody of MC? I thought I heard that it was her father.

I believe I read in one of the WW reports that one of her best friends said she spent equal time with each parent. Probably joint custody, but someone who knows would have to answer that for sure. I'm not sure if that's in the public records or not.

I believe I read in one of the WW reports that one of her best friends said she spent equal time with each parent. Probably joint custody, but someone who knows would have to answer that for sure. I'm not sure if that's in the public records or not.

Parenting Plans are usually public record.

But joint custody is rare. It may have been fairly equal, but at most 40/60.

For those wanting to view the removed poem (or one of the removed poems) you can go to the first thread on this topic, and insert the title, Fatality, into the search bar of that thread and the results will yield all those posts. There had been a few revisions to the poem since first posted, prior to it being removed altogether.

I don't believe anyone has stated that the poetry points to said 'poet' being related in any way to Mackenzie's death; just that the timing of it has been eerily coincidental.

Can I get your guys' opinions on the attached photo?

Specifically, the fluorescent orange line.

To me it looks like the marked a pathway... I am not familiar with the site but could it be the shortest path from the driveway to the shore?

Parenting Plans are usually public record.

But joint custody is rare. It may have been fairly equal, but at most 40/60.

The court case showed parenting plans for the boys, but not one for MC.

He in no way shape or form is being dragged into this. I think the new people on here are just discovering his poetry now. It is ironic how eerie his poetry is. However, if a murder hadn't just occurred, no one would be talking about it. Timing is everything. That said, he has a future ahead of him, under the category "Crime poetry!" He is no more a suspect than you are. Assuming, that is, that you aren't a suspect!!

That was some interesting reading I just woke up too. I can't believe all the information that has been leaked. True or not, it sure makes you think. The sad part is, she obviously went through sheer hell to get where she is now. I almost hope her mom had something to do with it, because if she didn't I don't know how any mother could function knowing what her daughter just went through.

No I am not a dispatcher, I have a home scanner that scans police, fire and ambulance. I was an EMT for 7 years and listen to keep up with all the buds on the ambulance.

Any chance you heard the original 911 call that was placed when her body was discovered? Seems you are in the loop more than us laypeople! I'm sure you know the call logs from those days are missing and I think we are all dying to know. Thanks to you and your knowledge as well and welcome to websleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffanylynne82