WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few comments.

MC cell phone had several calls to Lowe’s in the days (week?) before she went missing. I don’t know if LE ever figure out who she was calling there.

JF was at one time a drywaller. But I think he is more a jack-of-all-trades now.

wait, what? How do you know her phone had calls to Lowe's??
I stick with my murder weapon as a drywallers Jab Saw then for sure. Ew.

The evidence inside the CB home could have been as simple as a sink where hands or something else was washed. Could have left some DNA behind. Unless LE spent days investigating that house, I doubt that it was the main crime scene, but rather the place to dispose of the body.

If the house was used to wash up, then it was either a) broken into, b) unlocked by key or code (if so then possibly back to the realtor/construction connection) or c) accidentally left unlocked (which I doubt).

I think the person who "lost their stomach" and/or others who left the body may have used it to clean up. JMO

I am new to this site due to registration difficulties (apparently you cannot register with a hotmail address) anyways! I have been actively following this case even though I never knew Mackenzie. I live in East Wenatchee and from day one I was curious as to the nature of this tragic event.

I live in Pullman while I am attending school but live in EW on breaks.

I have been very curious as to why JL has been brought into this thread. I realize all posts have their own opinion and I am willing to listen to all of them!

My little sister who is 16 was photographed by JL. She was contacted through a friend that had modeled for JL. My mom was skeptical and he allowed my mom, and my other little sister to tag along for the photo shoots. Being the protective brother that I am, I questioned my mom and my sister if this guy was a creep. I added him on FB and checked him out but both my mom, and both my little sisters said he was a really good guy and was only trying to get a portfolio together in order to start a photography business. He was not only targeting young girls, as I have seen on his facebook he has taken family photos and also asks people if they would like wedding pictures, ect.

I also had a friend from highschool model for JL and she had nothing but good things to say to him. I hope this helps in the speculation of JL's involvement in tne MC investigation.

Seeing that my mother, and both of my little sisters, along with a good friend from highschool have all met and been around JL, I completely disagree with the speculation of JLs involvement. On the other hand, I completely realize why that speculation would arise! Sleuthing seems cool!

I like this site! Hey everyone!!

Yes, it was the correct person. And, yes, he has several court cases listed. But all the court cases are civil matters, not criminal.

You can tell if its a criminal case by the third number in the cause number.

For example, if the cause number is: 09-1-00045-2, then it is a criminal case (felony) filed in 2009.

If the cause number is 09-2-00045-2, then it is a civil lawsuit filed in 2009.

If the cause number is 09-3-00045-2, then it is a Family Law matter filed in 2009.

There are also several cases starting with a C. These are criminal or traffic.

I've been doing some off the wall internet searchers to see if anything new comes up and I found some info on WC BF I hadn't read or heard before. This may not be new news to some of you but I found it interesting, and it is all public record. The information is on a missing children website concerning Mac. The information has full names and addresses and I'm not sure if it's appropriate or allowed to post that type of information, even if it is a link, on here. May I post the link?

A boat would be noticed in the river, at CB....I think.

I think that this may have been a thought in the killer's mind though- coming back to dump it somehow- maybe even pull it into the river and hope it floats away. It seems like they probably had other plans but were panicking and needed to get out of there quickly.

09-9-00045-2 means a monetary judgment has been entered in another case.

The C00052261, CV03-0360, and 7758867 are district court matters, probably criminal cases. But all of those cases are for a different person, not our JF, i.e., only cases #1 thru #20 are JF's. #21 thru #29 are for a different person with a similar name.

That is not correct. Some of the cases 21-29 are his. Also if you expand his name with an extra letter you will find more.

A few comments.

According to a neighbor the property had a bar gate across the driveway that was padlocked with a set up much like the WDFW uses. Which makes it very difficult to cut.
(Del you might be able to verify this)

MC cell phone had several calls to Lowe’s in the days (week?) before she went missing. I don’t know if LE ever figure out who she was calling there.

JF was at one time a drywaller. But I think he is more a jack-of-all-trades now.

Yes, the CB property does have such a gate but I have not seen it closed for at least a year now (maybe because the house is for sale and closing the gate would cause too much of a headache for real estate agents or prevent buyers from randomly stopping there and having a look around???).

I think if she was having an affair, there is a very strong possibility she turned her phone off. The reasoning would be so she wouldn't be interrupted by say, her boyfriend?

My thoughts exactly, Melissa! Seems we are on the same page quite often. Great minds think alike! lol :p

Maybe she told someone that she was going to end the relationship with her boyfriend and did not follow through for whatever reason. Whoever she was with got pissed and threw her phone, when it kept ringing? With these new phones chances are the back would have come off and the battery would have disconnected.

I wonder how much time LE spent looking through her car?

I bet they went through her car meticulously. I think the killer probably has not only mutilated the body, but the phone as well. I don't think he would chance just tossing it in the water, or a garbage bin. I imagine him removing the front, back, battery, parts, and smashing them to smithereens (is that a word)? Maybe pouring some chemical on it, charring it and then disposing it in a million different places. Like the toilet. What was her cell company? Did I hear verizon? Do they use a sim card? That would be the most obvious piece of evidence, and again, easily annihilated.

I am new to this site due to registration difficulties (apparently you cannot register with a hotmail address) anyways! I have been actively following this case even though I never knew Mackenzie. I live in East Wenatchee and from day one I was curious as to the nature of this tragic event.

I live in Pullman while I am attending school but live in EW on breaks.

I have been very curious as to why JL has been brought into this thread. I realize all posts have their own opinion and I am willing to listen to all of them!

I like this site! Hey everyone!!

:Welcome-12-june:

I think his involvement was dismissed very quickly. I think people on here are looking at everyone because the LE haven't revealed much information but it was pretty unanimous that even considering him was a ridiculous possibility. Thanks for the reassurance though!

The day Mackenzie disappeared, the snowmobiler also disappeared. The killer may have left the body there, planning on coming back. Then the snowmobiler got lost. I believe the search area is just across the river and to the north. You would think twice about moving a body is helicopters were flying over head even if they weren’t looking for you.

I had thought about that. If they saw killer, from the air, doing anything...they would investigate. They might even have thought what they were seeing the snow moblier and try rescue him.

Someone mentioned the killer "trying" to dismember her (sorry) and getting sick... is this in reference to the possibility that there was vomit at the scene? I've been thinking about that one for a couple of days now.

Also, del rio, do you know of any large wildlife around Crescent Bar? I've never seen anything but birds but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

There is lots of large wildlife around CB: mountain lions, coyotes, mule deer, and etc. The Coluckum elk herd winters directly across the river at the West Bar, and some elk do swim across the river. I've heard rumors that a black bear was seen in the West Bar a year or two ago.

Seems like no reason to go into house or garage. We are pretty sure she was brought there deceased. This would be out of the heat of the moment, giving suspect plenty of time to think it through, (also, plenty of time to WORRY). With that worry building I would think someone would want to be in and out of there as fast as possible. Check for any headlights, then turn down the driveway staying against the bank. Stop just before that first picture you took. Turn off lights but leave engine running, (restarting car can be heard louder then leaving it run). Drag/carry body, (which should be wrapped in plastic sheeting to keep vehicle "clean"), and leave it. Plastic collects fingerprints so take it with you to dispose of elsewhere.

Thinking it through this way leads me to think mutilation was attempted at the first scene, (possibly up Pitcher Canyon/Mission Ridge area??) Can you make it into Beehive Lake yet? Maybe up that way could be the BIG scene???

Parking a car at the spot you thought of is consistent with the "skid marks" left in the driveway, as shown in one of my photos.

Is anyone one any good at determining whether "skid marks" are from stopping or starting? I've heard that there are some experts who are able to determine that.

There is lots of large wildlife around CB: mountain lions, coyotes, mule deer, and etc. The Coluckum elk herd winters directly across the river at the West Bar, and some elk do swim across the river. I've heard rumors that a black bear was seen in the West Bar a year or two ago.

So there may be a possibility that a mountin lion or coyote could have caused some of the mutilation then. I wonder if there are any animal droppings nearby that could support that theory...

Parking a car at the spot you thought of is consistent with the "skid marks" left in the driveway, as shown in one of my photos.

Is anyone one any good at determining whether "skid marks" are from stopping or starting? I've heard that there are some experts who are able to determine that.

Either way- if the person was stopping or starting- they had to have been caused by someone in a hurry, right? Stopping very quickly or spinning tires trying to get out of there quickly.

A boat would be noticed in the river, at CB....I think.

No, probably not. There are always boats on that part of the river (lots of fishermen and duck hunters on the river). Launching a boat at CB and/or taking it on the river wouldn't raise any eyebrows.

In one of the photos taken by the media, I don't suppose anybody noticed the white buoy in the river just off shore from the CB property? I know that was not there until recently (but it could have been put there by LE's divers) and it is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro