WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you looking up the right person? Because a few of us looked at it yesterday and there were 20 or so cases when he was the defendent...

Yes, it was the correct person. And, yes, he has several court cases listed. But all the court cases are civil matters, not criminal.

You can tell if its a criminal case by the third number in the cause number.

For example, if the cause number is: 09-1-00045-2, then it is a criminal case (felony) filed in 2009.

If the cause number is 09-2-00045-2, then it is a civil lawsuit filed in 2009.

If the cause number is 09-3-00045-2, then it is a Family Law matter filed in 2009.

Wenatchee resident, new to the board-have been following along for quite some time. Never met MC.

Maybe I missed this, but why assume that MC was murdered within the 3:40-7 time frame? Is it possible the killer/s could have held her somewhere for an extended period of time (hrs/days), done the deed, and then place the body in CB?

My reasoning is because she was found in the same clothes she left the academy in. I honestly believe it was someone close to her. For that reason, I don't believe that they would have held her captive for days. I don't think they would have it in them. No solid reasoning behind that...I do think her body was placed at CB sometime during the Friday night/Saturday morning before she was found. Where she was between Tues. and Sat. is still running around in my mind.

What about the number 9? Also, what about these ones:
C00052261, CV03-0360, 7758867

09-9-00045-2 means a monetary judgment has been entered in another case.

The C00052261, CV03-0360, and 7758867 are district court matters, probably criminal cases. But all of those cases are for a different person, not our JF, i.e., only cases #1 thru #20 are JF's. #21 thru #29 are for a different person with a similar name.

I think this is may be the case. I just wonder when the time of death was? Sometime between 5:40 and a few minutes before 7 ?? (because the phone was turned off, or destroyed, at approximately at 5:40, and car was parked at PC Rd at around 7.)

Was MC's car *parked* there at 7 or was it *discovered* there at 7?

As far as I know the people who reported the car did not see whom parked it ... nor who walked away from it ... nor exactly when either occurred.

If there was no blood evidence in MC's car we might assume her car was parked on PC:
  • before she was murdered.
  • after she was murdered, by someone other than the actual murderer.
  • after she was murdered, by the actual murderer but s/he thouroughly cleaned up, changed clothes and / or was wearing discardables.
Ponders:
  • Was money withdrawn from MC's debit or gas accounts the day / evening she went missing?
  • Store purchases?
  • ATM videos checked?
  • Bank drive-thru videos checked?
  • Gas stations videos checked?
  • Boat ramp parking lot seems like a place to schedule a meet with someone if you're not very familiar with that someone or do not feel entirely comfortable with them.
  • During autopsies, stomach / digestive track is checked for content: when did MC last eat?
  • Were MC's school lockers checked?
  • Why was there no blood on the ground and surrounding foliage at the CB crime scene?

I just went back through all the WW articles and I can't find anything about the last ping being @ 5:40. i do see where the last activity on her phone was a text message to the bf @ 3:40. Does anyone know where the time 5:40 came from?? I can't find it anywhere. That would make a huge difference .

Sorry my thoughts are jumping around so much and not following the thread very well....but...

WC's 911 "practices"...so odd. Is she planning something she needs to "practice" for??

09-9-00045-2 means a monetary judgment has been entered in another case.

The C00052261, CV03-0360, and 7758867 are district court matters, probably criminal cases. But all of those cases are for a different person, not our JF.

I was told his middle initial is B so that would be him....

We really have no idea if this kid even knew Mackenzie though correct? Or is there something I haven't heard? That is very possible :)

We do not know because we do not know the runaway's identity.

He wouldn't necessarily have to know MC. MC could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, where a peeved runaway was looking to lash out at someone. Who knows.

The evidence inside the CB home could have been as simple as a sink where hands or something else was washed. Could have left some DNA behind. Unless LE spent days investigating that house, I doubt that it was the main crime scene, but rather the place to dispose of the body.

If the house was used to wash up, then it was either a) broken into, b) unlocked by key or code (if so then possibly back to the realtor/construction connection) or c) accidentally left unlocked (which I doubt).

There's a sink on the back patio, in an outdoor kitchenette. Even if the house wasn't broken into, that could have been used, although it wouldn't be technically inside the home. That back patio is enormous and very secluded.

kitchenette.jpg

I just went back through all the WW articles and I can't find anything about the last ping being @ 5:40. i do see where the last activity on her phone was a text message to the bf @ 3:40. Does anyone know where the time 5:40 came from?? I can't find it anywhere. That would make a huge difference

Was MC's car *parked* there at 7 or was it *discovered* there at 7?

As far as I know the people who reported the car did not see whom parked it ... nor who walked away from it ... nor exactly when either occurred.

If there was no blood evidence in MC's car we might assume her car was parked on PC:
  • before she was murdered.
  • after she was murdered, by someone other than the actual murderer.
  • after she was murdered, by the actual murderer but s/he thouroughly cleaned up, changed clothes and / or was wearing discardables.
Ponders:
  • Was money withdrawn from MC's debit or gas accounts the day / evening she went missing?
  • Store purchases?
  • ATM videos checked?
  • Bank drive-thru videos checked?
  • Gas stations videos checked?
  • Boat ramp parking lot seems like a place to schedule a meet with someone if you're not very familiar with that someone or do not feel entirely comfortable with them.
  • During autopsies, stomach / digestive track is checked for content: when did MC last eat?
  • Were MC's school lockers checked?
  • Why was there no blood on the ground and surrounding foliage at the CB crime scene?

Her car was noticed at 7 but not called in until 8 and the person that called it in did not see anyone drop it off.

I believe there was something in one of the WW articles that said they have been monitoring her phone and debit card records (this all before they found the body) and there was no activity. I could be wrong on the debit card but it seems I remember reading that somewhere. I am sure her locker and bedroom(s) have all been checked by this point as that is standard in a murder investigation. I believe there was no blood on the ground at the CB location because she had been deceased for several days by that point. Again, JMO

I was told his middle initial is B so that would be him....

The first name is different, even though only slightly. But for court records, that's a huge difference and most likely means different persons. That said, it's still possible they are the same person.

Has anyone done a time line with links and sources yet? If not, I'd be happy to do one. Or at least start one and then everyone can contribute.

Go for it Puff, like I said I can't find any reference to 5:40 but maybe I am just missing it.

I think perhaps someone said 5:40 in a post by mistake and it kind of became fact in everyone's minds. just a thought.

Here is my theory... Mom's BF is allegedly having a few unwarranted affairs around town. Mac does not like her mom dating him. She sees him for the real person he is. She spends more time with dad because she doesn't like to be around them together. She hears legit rumors of his affairs. She tells him she wants to talk to him. She leaves salon to go meet at the dock/park. (maybe she gets a coffee first. Coffee shop can't confirm or deny they served her, or maybe coffee at McDonalds in the drive thru) While waiting for him, she texts her BF. Mom's BF shows up and she starts to tell him that she has discovered the affairs and she is going to tell her mom. He says they should go somewhere else and talk and suggests taking a drive. (they get in her car) He realizes that without Mac's mom, he is nothing. No money, failed relationships, rocky marriage, etc. She is his source of money and employment. (I bet if we check back, he does countless construction jobs because of her building commitments) Without her, where is he. He realizes he has to shut her up immediately. (Maybe Mac's mom caught him cheating before and said never again?) They end up at the murder scene. (I am not convinced this is the spec house or where her body is found, I think there will be another spot disclosed) He uses something to knock her out. He uses tools from construction to mutilate her body. I am going with a jab saw. Dry wallers use them. (my neighbor is a drywaller and this tool is gruesome. I can't believe they even sell this tool. I'd panic anytime my kids would go in his garage for fear they would hurt themselves.) He is attempting to dismember her and get rid of her body. Never to be seen again. He can't take the gruesome task and decides to try and make her unrecognizable. (People has attested to the fact that parts of her body were partially removed~allegedly) When he realizes that this isn't going as planned (or not planned) he needs help. Does he possibly call the brothers that are currently incarcerated to help with he body removal? They arrive and help load the body into the back of their pick up truck. (assumption) These are the car tires he is seen washing later that night at the car wash. They follow Mom's BF in Mac's red car to where her car was found. He leaves it there to seem like an abduction. He gets in their truck with the body. They head to CB and dispose of her body where it is discovered. He knows he only as until 7 when Mac is supposed to be at her dad's for dinner. Shortly there after, family will start to wonder.
Mac's mom is NOT involved at all. She as been warned by police that he is their only POI. She is told not to talk or give any information.
This is why there was no sex.
They were not having an affair, and she was not pregnant.
Mom's BF has been questioned, failed poly and now has a lawyer.
Brothers were picked up on other charges but are being held. Have they talked?
911 calls from Mac's mom the other night are most likely sheer fear of him coming over.
Mac's mom and Dad are being quiet because they KNOW what is going on.
The end. (for now anyway!)

I think perhaps someone said 5:40 in a post by mistake and it kind of became fact in everyone's minds. just a thought.

I remember reading in the WW that MC's cellphone did an "On/Off ping" at 5:40 p.m. It was one of the early articles after her body was found. Still, my memory could be wrong on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!