WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Has anyone given a time she was supposedly at the carwash? Could this have been en route to the Academy? Giving someone a ride, dash into carwash to get road grime off, drop off person she gave ride, then get to Hair Academy?

Welcome ontheoutside! Thanks for posting!

Semi-confirmed rumor was that the car wash attendant places them their between 3:30 and 4:30? But we have been told by police her last text message was from the boat launch area at 3:40. There might just be enough time to go to boat launch after the car wash. Although there is more time for the car wash to have occurred after being at the boat launch -- if (Big IF) we are going by the car wash attendants recollected time frame - which is also only a semi-confirmed rumor to begin with.

can you share which portion was a rumor? The status of the water? The outdoor kitchen as potential clean up? The clean up in the lake? OR the brutality done post mortem? Thanks!!

Yes, river water clean up, after post-mortem brutality....

sorry... ok, C R was jailed 2/22 and has a 3/14/10 release date. Department of corrections disc. hold dating back from 2 cases in '05 and '06.
D R was jailed the same day (interesting) 2/22 and has a release of 3/16/10.
Probation violation for him.
I asked if the release date is tentative or exact and she said it depends if anything else has come up in the system at their release time. (either pending, current or new charges...)
As soon as I said their names, she said "oh yeah," so either she has heard of their charges or every person in wenatchee has been calling!!

Thanks, Grey. I imagine they have had calls or else they have heard the rumors. I noticed that VDD has a hearing this week to have his '05 case redacted, so he must have received some negative attention as well.

You are correct. Where the car was dumped is a dirt feed lot, and a catchall for old farm equipment, debris, and just all sort of stuff, flanked by outbuildings. There are several no trespassing and keep out signs. It is all fenced in by barbed wire and can only be pulled into in one spot right off the pavement. It is not a driveway at all, in fact the Hurd's live farther up the hill accessed by a different drive all together.

The pavement starts mere feet from where her car was left, just a few feet to maybe 10 if the car was well pulled in to the empty space available.

It was a poor place to dump a car and not very well thought out IMO.

I heard a RUMOR today that initially LE didn't think it was so odd that the car was parked there because MC and her friends used to park there to go 4-wheeling. The person who told me this said she heard it from a friend in LE.

In case anyone missed it in Saturday's WW, Internet detectives ferret out clues in Mackenzie Cowell case

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from the timeline in the sidebar, "Officials have said there was a single set of footprints around the car."

Around the car .... hmmm. Does this indicate that the person who ditched the car walked around it before departing?

AROUND CAR? Maybe to the trunk to get a bike, or to hop in another car! I have believed there was another car involved all along. And footprints lead away- ....one set, not MC's....,dogs lose scent (rumor?)......

2 guys/people accomplished this part, my opinon.

Also.........Here a quote from a page or so back:

Originally Posted by pufnstuf
The vomit rumor started here. Or was repeated here. When we repeat rumors and don't clearly state that we're repeating rumors, then it will get picked up by the MANY people from Wenatchee who are reading this forum, and it will be repeated as fact.

Then WS members from Wenatchee will say that they heard several people saya that the perp vomited at the crime scene, and it must be true because they heard it from ten people...when in fact, the rumor began at WS.

That's why we have to be VERY careful to mark every post with info based on rumors as such.

Just like the spec house thing. Where did that come from? Why does everyone try to tailor their hypotheses around that spec house?

Answer: Speck house has something to do with investigation. Many LE have been there on several occasions. Witnessed by someone WS.

Yes, river water clean up, after post-mortem brutality....

I noticed that the crime scene tape extended out into the river from where MC's body was found and that the divers were called in. I wonder if they found any evidence there? Maybe so if the killer cleaned himself or MC in the river.

I heard a RUMOR today that initially LE didn't think it was so odd that the car was parked there because MC and her friends used to park there to go 4-wheeling. The person who told me this said she heard it from a friend in LE.

Well, then...perhaps she went to PC, to meet a friend, to go four-wheeling???

I'm curious where everyone thinks the murder occurred? At someone's house? The spec house? Crescent Bar?

I have no idea right now but I do think that whereever it was, there has to have been evidence left behind. I'd guess there was a lot of blood and usually people can't clean up everything completely. I wonder if any other places have been processed for evidence...do you guys think the LE even know exactly where it took place?

About the single set of foot prints, around MC's car, that lead to where ever:
Maybe, the person whose foot prints were around the car, walked over, and over his own foot prints, in order to mess them up and make them difficult to track?

sorry... ok, C R was jailed 2/22 and has a 3/14/10 release date. Department of corrections disc. hold dating back from 2 cases in '05 and '06.
I asked if the release date is tentative or exact and she said it depends if anything else has come up in the system at their release time. (either pending, current or new charges...)
As soon as I said their names, she said "oh yeah," so either she has heard of their charges or every person in wenatchee has been calling!!

What I read into this and it's just MOO, is that these brothers were contacted on the same day for some reason. CR was pulled in on a warrant and DR was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing (cause for PV). It does look curious that they were arrested on the same day.

I wonder if and when the brothers were last in jail, previous to these dates?

they must have not included the footprints of the 911 caller. as it was stated he noticed clothing in the car. so he must have gotten close enough to leave his own prints. i also have trouble with the finder of mc. but need more research first

Well, then...perhaps she went to PC, to meet a friend, to go four-wheeling???
or... perhaps the killer was close enough to MC to know that she went there to go fourwheeling. Just a thought

((aside: I have followed along on this case from the start but have not posted much))

thoughts on the car placement/timing:

1) I think the perp used his vehicle to transport her body as we have not heard of any forensics coming back on her car. (eta: if she had been transported in her own car there would be some sort of evidence to that effect and LE has already stated they do not think she was killed at the river/looking for third crime scene)

2) I could see (rumored blood evidence at spec house) this as the "third" crime scene police are referring to and the place where she was killed

3) I could see her sitting in her car at the river area waiting to "meet" someone and texts her boyfriend, "hey" as she sits and waits in the car. I could see them than leaving in the perps car and going perhaps to the spec house where they could 'talk' with more privacy.

4) I can than see the perp driving her body to the dump site in his vehicle (and for some reason I keep seeing a truck but that is just my "nurse intuition" coming out)

5) I can see him than return to the river, park his car, drive her car to the area, and walk back to retrieve his own vehicle.

due to time restraints I also think he could have left her body in his car while placing her car. Than walked back down to his truck and drove to dump site
------------------

all of the above is just moo/thoughts on what could possibly have happened.

I'm curious where everyone thinks the murder occurred? At someone's house? The spec house? Crescent Bar?

JMHO, but I think it happened at an unknown or undisclosed location. Not where the car was left, not where the body was left, not at the spec house, but at another location. For such a crime to be committed, there must be significant evidence at the homicide scene. Since it has been stated here at WS that there was an open house at the spec house the weekend the body was found (I think that was the right time but not sure), then I highly doubt the murder took place at that house. With so many people in and out and around the house, it is reasonable to think that something significant would have been found if it was the main crime scene. And if it was the main crime scene, I can imagine it would be sealed up tight.

All this is speculation of course. MOO.

I have never heard that she had stab wounds. It was more an attempt to dismember her. The reason they could not immediately identify her body is because her face was unrecognizable due to beating. That is what I heard. This has not been confirmed by LE of course.

I did also hear that she had a bag over her head so yes, that would be the first reason she could not be identified. I would imagine they didn't want to disrupt the crime scene until the proper people arrived.

Speaking of the bag...I've just been trying to keep up with y'all and not doing too well at times (real life tends to interfere!) so this may have been mentioned previously. I apologize in advance if it has :). I know that the rumor is that Mackenzie had a bag over her head :(, I'm also just wondering if possibly LE is the one that did that placed it there to preserve evidence (I know that bagging a victims hands for that reason is procedure in a case like this) and that maybe the 'sources' of this info ran with that? Anyone think that's even a possibility? You guys know who your sources are and how close they are to the investigation. Do most locals that have heard this feel as though their source is in a position to know whether the bag was placed before or after LE got there? TIA!

I'm LOVING having all you locals posting here! Even though fact and rumor have to be sorted out from the "word on the street" lol, the truth is people will talk and in my experience while certainly not everything that locals hear (in ANY case, not just this one of course) will probably turn out to be the truth, I'd bet my last dollar that quite a bit of it will! Thanks to you all for your insight!

Speaking of the bag...I've just been trying to keep up with y'all and not doing too well at times (real life tends to interfere!) so this may have been mentioned previously. I apologize in advance if it has :). I know that the rumor is that Mackenzie had a bag over her head :(, I'm also just wondering if possibly LE is the one that did that placed it there to preserve evidence (I know that bagging a victims hands for that reason is procedure in a case like this) and that maybe the 'sources' of this info ran with that? Anyone think that's even a possibility? You guys know who your sources are and how close they are to the investigation. Do most locals that have heard this feel as though their source is in a position to know whether the bag was placed before or after LE got there? TIA!

I'm LOVING having all you locals posting here! Even though fact and rumor have to be sorted out from the "word on the street" lol, the truth is people will talk and in my experience while certainly not everything that locals hear (in ANY case, not just this one of course) will probably turn out to be the truth, I'd bet my last dollar that quite a bit of it will! Thanks to you all for your insight!

What I can tell you is that we arrived just as LE were arriving on the scene, and the people that discovered her body told us there was a bag over her head when they found her.

What I read into this and it's just MOO, is that these brothers were contacted on the same day for some reason. CR was pulled in on a warrant and DR was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing (cause for PV). It does look curious that they were arrested on the same day.

It's also the same day the Lowes guy was arrested. Maybe they were part of that?

I thought she already had this surgery, no? I couldn't see an underbite in her senior pictures, but it looked like she had one in younger pictures... can anyone confirm this?

I'm wondering if this surgery may be a series of surgeries rather than just one anyway? I'm not in the medical field, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that could be corrected with one. Maybe it is though...

I would have to go back and read the post but IIRC they were referring to the boat launch out in Orondo (near Mac's dad's house), not the one at the foot of Orondo street.

She was at the Orondo Street Boat launch, the one by Gold's Gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle