WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering from the beginning...how do you know so much about the case. i hope your not doing anything to hurt the investigation.

I hope that wasn't directed at me because I don't know much about this case at all. Every day, I'm on here trying to learn more.

I'm wondering if kitten was relating a portion of what Mackenzie's father said at the vigil.

Through tears, Mackenzie’s father, Reid Cowell of Orondo, thanked those who attended. “We want her to get home safe and get back to normal,” he said. “This is an amazing show for Mackenzie. She’s just an angel. I’m not sure she knows what we’re seeing here tonight, which is the love for her. This is a welcome-home party for her. ... We’ll do this again when she’s back.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/13/hundreds-attend-candelight-vigil/

BBM

Perhaps what kitten heard on the radio was a portion of what RC said at the candlelight vigil? :waitasec:

Plus, AFAIK, JF hasn't uttered a single word that's been publicized since Mackenzie's disappearance. Not that I'm aware of, at least.

That makes sense.

I'm wondering if kitten was relating a portion of what Mackenzie's father said at the vigil.

Through tears, Mackenzie’s father, Reid Cowell of Orondo, thanked those who attended. “We want her to get home safe and get back to normal,” he said. “This is an amazing show for Mackenzie. She’s just an angel. I’m not sure she knows what we’re seeing here tonight, which is the love for her. This is a welcome-home party for her. ... We’ll do this again when she’s back.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/13/hundreds-attend-candelight-vigil/

BBM

Perhaps what kitten heard on the radio was a portion of what RC said at the candlelight vigil? :waitasec:

Plus, AFAIK, JF hasn't uttered a single word that's been publicized since Mackenzie's disappearance. Not that I'm aware of, at least.

I'm not aware of any statements either, or even that he was at the vigil.

the only way you can see documents is only if your involved with the case. my dad use to be a detective so i know how documents are found when there is an investigation going. all documents are sealed until the case is over.

No, that is grossly incorrect.

Except for parentage cases and juvenile cases, nothing is sealed unless and until a judge signs a special order sealing the records. And that is extremely difficult to do because WA's constitution and the federal constitution require court documents and records to be open and available to the public, except in very compelling situations.

If you don't believe me, go to the Chalen County Clerk's Office tomorrow and ask to see the court's file for cause number 01-3-00378-8. It will be immediately brought to you and you may review it at your leisure.

there is no way document are shown to the public because this is an ongoing investigation. it has to go thru the judge first before it's public.only after the case is completed

Any documents involved in this ongoing investigation would not be filed with the clerk of the court yet because no charges have been filed. So, there would be no such documents at the clerk's office yet.

All affidavits for search warrants (and possibly the search warrant itself) are sealed by order of a judge until charges are filed or the investigation is over.

No, that is grossly incorrect.

Except for parentage cases and juvenile cases, nothing is sealed unless and until a judge signs a special order sealing the records. And that is extremely difficult to do because WA's constitution and the federal constitution require court documents and records to be open and available to the public, except in very compelling situations.

If you don't believe me, go to the Chalen County Clerk's Office tomorrow and ask to see the court's file for cause number 01-3-00378-8. It will be immediately brought to you and you may review it at your leisure. If that doesn't happen, PM me and we will file a lawsuit and get you a lot of money.

Can you see it online too or just in person at the Clerk's office?

Can you see it online too or just in person at the Clerk's office?

I can see it online because I have a subscription with Liberty Net to be able to do so (which anybody may get if you are willing to pay their flat-fee). So, unless you have a subscription with Liberty Net, you cannot see such documents online anywhere. You would have to view them the old fashion way by going to the clerk's office.

So can anyone confirm or deny wether JF has a relative less than a mile away from where the body was found on Crescent Bar? Same last name but no idea if there is any link. To get to that address you would drive right by the home where the body was discovered. Was this already discussed?

Maybe MelissaW can confirm that or find out.

I have no idea unless they happen to be in the same vicinity of my parents' home. Does anyone know the address?

Thanks for posting the flier, pepsi.

The pix of MC's car in the flier pdf are fairly decent. There appears to be something in the right side of the side-view pic, behind the car in the background, but it does not extend 'up' to meet MC's car. It could be a wire or cable, or simply an anomaly in the gravel.

If it were a chain, certainly it would appear in the front-view pic. I've attached an enlarged view ... no chain.

Attachments

• GP_front_large.jpg
    GP_front_large.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 28
Sorry, I'm still debating whether to post my theory.

This is hard . . . . not because I'm fearful of you all ripping me a new one. It's because of MC.

I know there have been quite a few postings since this statement was posted, and a few have covered this issue. I still think you should post your complete opinion and finalize what you wrote in the first two very detailed postings.

Whether we agree or disagree with how you arrive at your conclusion, what your conclusion may be and such, it's important- at least to me- that you voice it in your words.

I'd like to hear your take on this, from beginning to end. Eventually, for what it's worth, I'll give mine.

Eventually, and possibly soon, what we think will have less weight and attention, as this thing is going to get wrapped up. So let's get the ideas out there

Hey All please help me out... is there anyone or anything of significance along Sunset Hwy (Hwy 2), on the east side of the river as you head up to Orondo?

Thanks for posting the flier, pepsi.

The pix of MC's car in the flier pdf are fairly decent. There appears to be something in the right side of the side-view pic, behind the car in the background, but it does not extend 'up' to meet MC's car. It could be a wire or cable, or simply an anomaly in the gravel.

If it were a chain, certainly it would appear in the front-view pic. I've attached an enlarged view ... no chain.

Most likely that 'something' is a jumper cable. Look at the front-view pic along the fence .. there are jumper cables attached to the fence at various intervals. If you look at the side-view pic in the flier, the color of the 'something' and the cable descending from the fence appear to be the same.

This is not the poster that was recently distributed to local businesses by the volunteers for the police dept. (VIP's). What was distributed earlier this week makes reference to MC not returning from a 15-minute break and also gives information about the reward. I do not have a copy of it, otherwise I would scan and post.

Psychnatural posted yesterday about a poster/flyer she'd received yesterday and was asked to put up at her place of business. She said that it stated that Mackenzie left to go on a 15-minute break and never returned.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #7

I thought someone mentioned later that they were going to try to get a copy of it, and scan it to post for us. Not sure who that was though.

i read in a post before that MC was cremated? i thought that was kinda fast considering she was murdered.

My mom was killed in a homicide and we had her body back for cremation within half a week. Once the autopsy is performed and enough samples are taken for testing and the body has been thoroughly investigated, it's released to the family. Ugh...

My mom was killed in a homicide and we had her body back for cremation within half a week. Once the autopsy is performed and enough samples are taken for testing and the body has been thoroughly investigated, it's released to the family. Ugh...

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic loss! It must be hard for you to re-live things by being on this website. We really appreciate your insights though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd