WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I missed this originally. JF's dad is a retired police officer??

MelissaW..I'm not sure if anyone has answered you yet.. sorry if I'm repeating anyone...SF's father may be a retired East Wenatchee Police SGT.

This is supposed to be a friendly forum.

I'm pretty sure (not positive, just pretty sure) that we are not to tell other members how or what they should (or should not) post. Unless maybe it's to remind someone about something we have been specifically asked by the mods not to post. IF you feel someone is violating your posting privileges, you can always hit the alert icon in the upper right hand corner of the post, to alert a mod.

You shouldn't have to have a fear of posting. :)

I am preety sure my posting days are over. Good luck to everyone and great job.:seeya:

I'm not sure...is there a way to report a message that I feel is inappropriate?
I tried to click on an icon and the page jumped.

Hmmm .... when you click on the icon (the little red triangle with the exclamation mark inside it), it will take you to a 'report post' page. You can add a comment if you wish; or just hit submit and a moderator will take a look at it as soon as they get the opportunity. HTH! :)

That was me. The scanner at my work is broken and so I took pictures which didn't turn out very well, but then couldn't figure out how to post them on here. Is that another one of those things I have to have at least 50 posts for? It was frustrating but I'll try again tomorrow. It really does say that she left on a 15 minute break, I promise.

I'm not sure of an exact number that's required for that, Psychnatural. Might be 50 or somewhere close to that number. You might be able to contact a mod and ask if they'd give you permission to post a pic. You might be able to ask for special permission to do that.

A quick way to get your post count up, is to go to the Game Room and join in the Countdown Thread or one of the word games. You can post a post every 30 seconds so anyone can get their post count up pretty quickly there! HTH! :)

I believe you about the 15 minute break! But, I'd still love to see that flyer if you can get it posted.

I am preety sure my posting days are over. Good luck to everyone and great job.:seeya:

I really wish you wouldn't go... just because one person thinks something doesn't mean the rest of us agree... No worries, you can post all you want :)

I cant speak for anyone here, only myself and those I have spoke to face to face about this case. The common emotions I see are frustration and fear. With that said, lets all take a deep breath and remember why we are here...for Mackenzie!

Police initially said it wasn't an abduction. Then they called in the FBI Child Abduction Response team. It obviously was an abduction.

Not necessarily, CARD teams will respond to a LE request for help for any "mysterious disappearance" of a minor, and "all incidents of crimes against children."

LE's statement that she wasn't abducted is one of the few things I believe that they have said.

Miss J, before you go I tried asking you about this post and I never saw a reply. If I missed your reply I apologize and I'm sure someone will point it out if I have. Otherwise here it is again:

Originally Posted by Miss J:
This is my first time posting on here so please cut me a little slack.
I have read all of the threads except for the last few pages. I am ready to share the RUMOR I heard from someone who goes to school with ( High School and The Academy) and who also dances with her. I was told this RUMOR less than a week after the body was found.
Here goes....MC confided in friends that a week prior to her dissappearence that she was raped by JF and she had proof on her cell phone. RUMOR!!!!!

1. Did she share this information with you as "just another rumor" or was she one of the friends that was supposedly confided in?

2. Or did she get the rumor from one of the friends who was confided in?

I agree... One of the things that I love about this site is that it has always been so calm and the people on here are so kind and respectful. I really hope the new people can see that. We are absolutely here for Mackenzie.

Just wanted to remind people that if you feel a post is inappropriate (whether tone, language or another reason) simply report it. We don't need to trade insults and have debates not related to the case here.

WS also disallows departing posts. You are free to say goodbye in PM of course.

I'm just posting a reminder to keep the board as drama free as possible. This thread is for Mackenzie Cowell.

I have been trying to keep up with all posts, so I apologize if someone has already posted this.

While reviewing the original "Missing" poster at WW, courtesy of CCSO, I noticed that the time for locating the car is around 6:00pm, not 7:00 as we've all been led to believe.

If this is correct, it changes the time line a little bit.

Give the guy a break, I read it as he was just getting a little frustrated. No big deal, everybody hug :)

We all share the same goal here

:grouphug:

Okay now, on with sleuthing this case! :dance:

I have been trying to keep up with all posts, so I apologize if someone has already posted this.

While reviewing the original "Missing" poster at WW, courtesy of CCSO, I noticed that the time for locating the car is around 6:00pm, not 7:00 as we've all been led to believe.

Yes that would. Do you have a link?

We have to keep in mind that just because report by a neighbor of 'seeing' the car around 7 PM, doesn't mean it wasn't there earlier.

I think that is likely incorrect. There was some initial descriptive and timeline info that was wrong, such as her height. IIRC (would have to go back and look) the initial report was called in at 8:02 or 8:03, with the report summary stating that the caller had first seen it there at 7PM.

ETA- so unless LE got info from another PC resident very early on that indicated 6PM, the "official" information is still at 7. Am I making sense? LOL, tired :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
looneymom