WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The placement of the car is what would make me think this is possible. I have said before, I could think of several better places they could have left it. It has always seemed like they dumped it there as it was the first "out of the way" place they came to.

A person who does not know this area would not think to go further up to even more secluded areas.

does that road dead end.....could the perps be trying dump the car on the way out of town?

Again, not being argumentative but... The body is hid in a duck blind near a "vacant" home in CB. Thats the key for me. This is someone that knows the area well. Moo is that pitcher canyon was not important, it was just a random spot far from where the body was placed. Again Moo

police are not sure how long the body was there. is it possible the body was placed before her car was parked?

does that road dead end.....could the perps be trying dump the car on the way out of town?

Unless you have a serious 4x4, that time of year, the roads either dead end or lead back to town. All paved roads lead back to town. It is not the way out, for sure

i still think someone had a boat or was gonna get a boat. there has to be a neibor who saw something. it's so unreal that there is no witnesses.

the niebor by the vacant house commented on seeing brodies in the WW. was the neibor there during the week the body was discovered?

police are not sure how long the body was there. is it possible the body was placed before her car was parked?

Somebody on here is in contact with a person who saw the body. That person was perhaps on his/her daily walk? If so, did that person walk a similar path on days prior to the discovery of her body?

Again, not being argumentative but... The body is hid in a duck blind near a "vacant" home in CB. Thats the key for me. This is someone that knows the area well. Moo is that pitcher canyon was not important, it was just a random spot far from where the body was placed. Again Moo

Don't get me wrong, I'm just doing a little speculation as to what would signal someone from out of area as a possibility.

I think your reasoniong, combined with multiple other factors point to a local that knew the area. It is my reasoning as well.

I think the car dumping was likely random, or a result of inability to dump in a preferred spot, a matter or time and panic, or something similar. If the perp was alone and on foot after the dump, it could have been dumped there because they felt they could easily get back to town by walking on the road or hiking through some hills.

her last text message was to her BF saying hey what's up? could she be returning a message back to her BF? i was just wondering if he met her later that night. does he have a aliby where he was when he got off at 4 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm just doing a little speculation as to what would signal someone from out of area as a possibility.

I think your reasoniong, combined with multiple other factors point to a local that knew the area. It is my reasoning as well.

I think the car dumping was likely random, or a result of inability to dump in a preferred spot, a matter or time and panic, or something similar. If the perp was alone and on foot after the dump, it could have been dumped there because they felt they could easily get back to town by walking on the road or hiking through some hills.

the scent dogs only tracked to the pavement. it's possible the perp got into another get away vehicle.

i have two teenage boys at home. i could ask them if they heard anything around town.

Somebody on here is in contact with a person who saw the body. That person was perhaps on his/her daily walk? If so, did that person walk a similar path on days prior to the discovery of her body?

that's a good question. i wonder if this same person live close by

the niebor by the vacant house commented on seeing brodies in the WW. was the neibor there during the week the body was discovered?

Yeah, we talked about this before. Del Rio swears that he saw those brodies in the fall. I don't think you can put too much weight into what that neighbor says he saw. My theory was that he either wanted to appear to be a conscientious neighbor because he obviously didn't know and/or he wanted his 15 minutes of fame. All the while confusing and wasting people's time worrying about some donuts.

Yeah, we talked about this before. Del Rio swears that he saw those brodies in the fall. I don't think you can put too much weight into what that neighbor says he saw. My theory was that he either wanted to appear to be a conscientious neighbor because he obviously didn't know and/or he wanted his 15 minutes of fame. All the while confusing and wasting people's time worrying about some donuts.

the figure 8 looks like it was there for a while but there does look there are fresh tire tracks. i'll look for the pic and post it for you to see what i'm talking about.

She does have a friend on her FB page (I think it was FB) who lists Tacoma as where he lives and there was a rumor and specualtion that she was seeing him?

My memory is faulty in my old age, but I think it was not a rumor, just a thought someone had that perhaps they were seeing each other.

Someone can correct me. :crazy:

John Douglas on Organized vs. Disorganized Killers:

Function terms

Instead of such ambiguous phrases, I decided to come up with functional terms that described the crime's appearance: Organized, Disorganized or Mixed. That appearance reflects directly on the offender.

Respectfully snipped...

This is great stuff, puf!

We could easily classify the facts that we have into areas that fit these descriptions and darw some conclusions. Unfortuantely, we would likely be a bit off, as LE is more than likely withholding much eveidence from the public that may lean our classifications in an opposite direction.

An example: Based upon what we know, the meeting of the killer and MC was well planned as we know nothing about it. This would classify the killer as organized. But, LE could have hours of film we know nothing about (although many of us suspect this) that show the killer with MC. This would prove the killer to be Disorganized.

My speculation is that if we go only off what we know, this killer is a mix. If we speculate on what likely has, the killer could be of an entirely different makeup.

We could consider what we know to be fact from LE and media, what we have discovered on our own (duck blind, road condition) and what we have concluded from this. We can then consider some rumours and ignore others. Then we can possibly have an idea about what happened, who did this and why.

Records from Cowell’s cell phone last week show “just normal cell phone activity for Mackenzie,” Moore said. “There were no numbers that were different or unique from who she was normally calling.” “This is a gal who used her cell phone to text nearly 200 times a day,” Moore said.

this is from the same week she went missing

Regarding the 911 call from Dan's in Leavenworth, I found this ...

http://www.kozi.com/blotterfiles/Fire-EMS_Log0210.pdf

I believe it shows what that call was all about. I have no idea if it had ANYTHING to do with MC.

ETA: If you dig through the other records, you'll find info on the day she was found. BALL (Ballard ambulance?) dispatched at 15:54:22 on 2-13-10.

What time was she found? Ballard was dispatched at almost 4 pm to, I assume, pick up the body? Would that be enough time to do a complete forensic investigation before they moved the body?

Respectfully snipped...

An example: Based upon what we know, the meeting of the killer and MC was well planned as we know nothing about it. This would classify the killer as organized. But, LE could have hours of film we know nothing about (although many of us suspect this) that show the killer with MC. This would prove the killer to be Disorganized.

Video evidence showing suspect with MC: "This would prove the killer to be Disorganized."

Respectfully. Not if the killer wanted to be seen with MC.

If we put that together with this quote pepsi just posted by LE:
Records from Cowell’s cell phone last week show “just normal cell phone activity for Mackenzie,” Moore said. “There were no numbers that were different or unique from who she was normally calling.” “This is a gal who used her cell phone to text nearly 200 times a day,” Moore said.

This meeting with the suspect may have been normal routine and cell phone, text message record indicates that. But she never ended up dead before. So being seen with MC may actually help with his alibi and explain any DNA of his they may discover on the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip