WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know more about JF... tons of info on WC, MC, etc. JF seems to not exist in records. Anyone have more info on him?

Yes that would. Do you have a link?

We have to keep in mind that just because report by a neighbor of 'seeing' the car around 7 PM, doesn't mean it wasn't there earlier.

What I figured ***ASSUMPTION*** about the time-line of the car arriving up Pitcher Canyon was that someone would have noticed it around say 5:30 or 6 pm, (when folks are on their way home from work), but no one did and that was the reason 6 pm was on the flyer. It just couldn't have been earlier or it would have been noticed on someone's drive home from work. (It was parked in a pretty noticeable spot).

What I figured ***ASSUMPTION*** about the time-line of the car arriving up Pitcher Canyon was that someone would have noticed it around say 5:30 or 6 pm, (when folks are on their way home from work), but no one did and that was the reason 6 pm was on the flyer. It just couldn't have been earlier or it would have been noticed on someone's drive home from work. (It was parked in a pretty noticeable spot).

Yes, but wasn't it parked at the end of the road? The folks that live below that wouldn't have seen it.

Give the guy a break, I read it as he was just getting a little frustrated. No big deal, everybody hug :)

We all share the same goal here

Apologies. I am not a moderator here, it seems my post came across as if I were trying to be. My posts were based on getting bagged by "the moderators" in Threads 2 or 3 (if IIRCC) about chit-chatting and staying focused.

No bad feelings intended, on my part, I believe I tried to express that in my original post.

Thanks, Liz, for mediating the situation with some suggestions for pro-active measures going forward. We are all here for MacKenzie, indeed.

Yes, but wasn't it parked at the end of the road? The folks that live below that wouldn't have seen it.

Yup, but the WS who drove up there the other day with did notice this was also a spot with extra mailboxes, (meaning there are other houses up there and I assume someone has a 8 to 5 pm type job)... Just assumption again.

Apologies. I am not a moderator here, it seems my post came across as if I were trying to be. My posts were based on getting bagged by "the moderators" in Threads 2 or 3 (if IIRCC) about chit-chatting and staying focused.

No bad feelings intended, on my part, I believe I tried to express that in my original post.

Thanks, Liz, for mediating the situation with some suggestions for pro-active measures going forward. We are all here for MacKenzie, indeed.

I think that, if you are a few pages behind and you post an answer or an observation, etc. your post goes to the end of the thread and then you have to go back and find you spot, etc. If somebody else answered between you and your post at the end of the thread, things get redundant.
If you right mouse click on the quote button, that will open up the quote in another tab at the top of the page. Then, you can leave it there if you want to catch up on more of your reading and it's possible your post will be unnecessary and you can just close that tab. It also keeps you on the page you are reading so you don't have to scroll back constantly.. If you do submit the post, it goes to the end of the thread, but you stay on the page you are reading, saving much time!
After you submit your post, you still need to close the tab at the top of the page.

i wanna try something new...what if the family wasn't involved.
i never met anyone in wenatchee or east wenatche yet that seem to be violent. it seems like it was done from someone who doesn't live in this area.
i was wondering maybe she met someone online who came here and visited a couple times. when i moved here 13 years ago it didn't take me long to get to know the area.
if this guy is from tocoma then maybe it is someone she met recently. even tho there was family problems i'm not really convinced family was involved. alot of people in this town are more trusting than some. there is alot of open doors. did she go out of town on the weekends or make friends she just met?

Today I was monitoring a scanner and heard something that I thought was interesting. Someone at dispatch was talking to an officer in the field about requests for crime posters. I assume that it was about Mackenzie. They stated the business that was making the request and the officer acted like they were going to stop by and drop them off.

Does this sound like a normal situation? I was just curious. To me it seems strange that an officer in the field would be handling this request.

Regarding the 911 call from Dan's in Leavenworth, I found this ...

http://www.kozi.com/blotterfiles/Fire-EMS_Log0210.pdf

I believe it shows what that call was all about. I have no idea if it had ANYTHING to do with MC.

ETA: If you dig through the other records, you'll find info on the day she was found. BALL (Ballard ambulance?) dispatched at 15:54:22 on 2-13-10.

Yup, but the WS who drove up there the other day with did notice this was also a spot with extra mailboxes, (meaning there are other houses up there and I assume someone has a 8 to 5 pm type job)... Just assumption again.

I believe the car was parked at the end of the pavement, near a stock lot owned by the family (RH) who lives on the property and has a home overlooking it. That house and at least one other, a bit more than 1/2 a mile on up the gravel road are above it. I actually think there were two houses past RH's.

Past the 1/2 mile mark, the road becomes primative (dirt and mud), is marked private, no trespassing and I think there are no more homes.

The spot where the car was abandoned is a bit up from the rest of the homes below it, and likely would only have been noticed by the families living above that point.

i never met anyone in wenatchee or east wenatche yet that seem to be violent. it seems like it was done from someone who doesn't live in this area.
i was wondering maybe she met someone online who came here and visited a couple times. when i moved here 13 years ago it didn't take me long to get to know the area.
if this guy is from tocoma then maybe it is someone she met recently. even tho there was family problems i'm not really convinced family was involved. alot of people in this town are more trusting than some. there is alot of open doors. did she go out of town on the weekends or make friends she just met?

My only problem with that is the 2 confirmed locations involved. Pitcher Canyon could be considered random I guess, but the body placement in a duck blind on Crescent bar sugggests someone with intimate knowledge of the area. I am still hoping to find out if the phone book listing in crescent bar with the same surname as JF is related... Not trying to argue withya just sharing my own thoughts

It's a pretty long drive from Tacoma (3 hours in good traffic)... not saying it couldn't happen.

Good questions, though... did she meet anyone new?

Today I was monitoring a scanner and heard something that I thought was interesting. Someone at dispatch was talking to an officer in the field about requests for crime posters. I assume that it was about Mackenzie. They stated the business that was making the request and the officer acted like they were going to stop by and drop them off.

Does this sound like a normal situation? I was just curious. To me it seems strange that an officer in the field would be handling this request.

Respectfully snipped...

This sounds normal for a late winter day in Wenatchee. My experience in riding with LE in a past job was that they were pretty involved in helping any effort, public or private that was for promoting safety, security and community concerns. If they are not too busy, they will pitch in and do this stuff as needed.

It's a pretty long drive from Tacoma (3 hours in good traffic)... not saying it couldn't happen.

Good questions, though... did she meet anyone new?

She does have a friend on her FB page (I think it was FB) who lists Tacoma as where he lives and there was a rumor and specualtion that she was seeing him?

The placement of the car is what would make me think this is possible. I have said before, I could think of several better places they could have left it. It has always seemed like they dumped it there as it was the first "out of the way" place they came to.

A person who does not know this area would not think to go further up to even more secluded areas.

John Douglas on Organized vs. Disorganized Killers:

Function terms

Instead of such ambiguous phrases, I decided to come up with functional terms that described the crime's appearance: Organized, Disorganized or Mixed. That appearance reflects directly on the offender.

* Organized. When I say a crime is organized, I generally mean it was premeditated. Little evidence is found at the scene. The subject carefully planned the crime to minimize risk and apprehension. Generally, the organized criminal is the anti-social personality. Someone who knows right from wrong. Someone who is not insane, who will show no remorse over his criminal acts.

* Disorganized. In contrast, when I say disorganized, I'm referring to a crime or crime scene that shows little, if any, pre-planning on the part of the Unsub (unknown subject). The disorganized Unsub has a high risk of being identified and apprehended. Evidentiary items such as fingerprints, blood and semen are often found at the scene. In cases of rape and homicide the Unsub often utilizes a "blitz" style of attack that renders the victim unconscious or dead. The disorganization of the crime may indicate any or all of the following conditions: a youthful offender, the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, difficulty controlling the victim or mental illness.

* Mixed. When I say mixed classification, I mean a case such as that of O.J. Simpson, where the crime scene appears to be very premeditated. The subject brings to the scene the weapon, gloves and a hat -- premeditated. Yet the crime scene appears disorganized. The subject had a well-planned idea but did not expect to be confronted, as the subject was, in this case, by Ron Goldman. So he -- O.J. -- basically lost control over the situation so the crime's ultimate appearance shifted from organized to disorganized.

When you look at some cases in the mixed category, you may be able to pick up more than one offender at the scene. For example, one part of the scene may appear to be very sophisticated and very organized, while other parts are in total disarray. This may indicate that two people participated in the act, operating in concert with one another.

Sharpest possible portrait

The use of such straightforward descriptions suits the work well. Criminal profiling, after all, is essentially a research function conducted from a law enforcement perspective. The best terminology is that which helps paint the sharpest possible portrait of the Unsub.

The simple and easy process that I use in all my cases is applicable in every crime of violence, including homicide, rape, child abduction, arson, bombing, product tampering and extortion.

MORE: http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com/articles/030214.php

The placement of the car is what would make me think this is possible. I have said before, I could think of several better places they could have left it. It has always seemed like they dumped it there as it was the first "out of the way" place they came to.

A person who does not know this area would not think to go further up to even more secluded areas.

Again, not being argumentative but... The body is hid in a duck blind near a "vacant" home in CB. Thats the key for me. This is someone that knows the area well. Moo is that pitcher canyon was not important, it was just a random spot far from where the body was placed. Again Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip