Identified! WA - Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #6 *name withheld*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been an offer extended to the family (as posted on his sub on red) to crowdsource funding for his funeral. If anyone is interested, keep an eye on that.

Incredible... I'm shaking... usually doesn't happen to me, reactions like that. Just wow.

Just remarkable. Congratulations and thank you for all of your work and commitment. Astonishing.

Is there an official statement from DNA doe project thus far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still looking for the official word if anyone has seen it, please post or provide a link

TY :loveyou:

Right now the mod of his Reddit and the group for him have confimed it. That's pretty much as official at it will be atm.

Perfect ... TY. Have been reading Reddit, however sometimes its tough to strum through with so much posting. Have been watching Grays LE page have not seen anything as of yet ... thought I may have missed a posting somewhere else

Yeah I found that kind of odd - I mean I doubt anyone would lie about this case being solved (what would they gain??) but doesn't NAMUS pull *quickly* when someone is ID'd?
Wasn't Buckskin pulled down right after the PC?

I am so emotional right now! Thank you to all the tireless efforts of everyone who worked for years, and for DNA to make these identifications possible.

He went to great lengths to hide his identity and while I respect that, I know his family will be relieved to know what happened to him.

Apparently he was identified via fingerprints according to reddit. Maybe they used the DNA to narrow down and from there used prints? Moo
Please do not take this as confirmed fact as of now.

I can't say I blame the family for wishing to remain anonymous, I mean looking at what the internet did to buckskin girls family, I wouldn't want my name out there either. Glad they finally have some answers now, may he finally rest in peace.

I just hope that - should his name come out - people are so much more kind and caring than they were to Marcia's family.

We have to remember this was a suicide and that the family is grieving.

That being said, thank God he was identified.

Apparently he was identified via fingerprints according to reddit. Maybe they used the DNA to narrow down and from there used prints? Moo
Please do not take this as confirmed fact as of now.

Yes, that would be normal--the researchers locate a likely match, and then LE has to confirm the match through their regular procedures. The official identification comes from LE.

Namus wouldn't take the listing down until LE notifies them, either.

Here's the latest from the DDP FB page, outside of warning people not to make comments judging the family:
People have been asking all morning about Lyle Stevik's identification. There will be a press release shortly. We will issue a statement here at that point. Thanks for your patience!

Mind blown about the news.

New user here, and relatively new to the case. Can anyone link the latest update? Trying to get up to speed. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214