WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the post from the person on the other board who is apparently the one coordinating.

Saturday's Search

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We (the searchers) were told law enforcement was also conducting a search but we saw no one. That doesn't mean they were not there, it just means they were were probably in different areas looking. I am unaware if dogs were involved, but I pray they were. I have heard nothing on the news so I assume they found nothing if they were out.

We have so many pieces of a puzzle but the pieces don't all link together yet. I know that police resources are limited. I had hoped they would ask us for help with searching. At the very least, point us in a direction of interest they might have. The more resources you can tap into, the greater your chance of recovery. However, we have had no contact with them. I know they are concerned about contamination of a crime scene if we do find her, but the sooner we find her, the more evidence they will have to work with. The longer it is utnil she is found, the more degridation of the crime scene...the harder it will be to get good evidence.

I know there have been questions about her family not being at any of the searches. This has been deliberate on my part. I have not been in contact with the family in person and do not want to be in contact with them until we have a resolve. I am constantly wrestling with my own demons about what happened to Nancy becase of my long work relationsihp with her. Keeping my emotions in check and keeping these searches as analytical as I can is a struggle. I am exhausted after each and every one. Having her family there would make it harder for me to maintain my focus. That might be selfish of me, but finding her is my top priority. What if we found her and they were there. I don't want them to see her in their minds as other than the vibrant, warm person she was.

As Tubbs has said, we are entertaining all ideas folks have. Whether they are psychic impressions or just random thoughts, we appreciate everything folks are bringing to the table.

We will solve this mystery. Thanks for all your help and support.

It sounds to me like this person is making the searches about himself/herself. (I sure hope the co-worker who was last with Nancy is not the one coordinating the searches!)

Good Morning~

I don't know if this person is THE creepy co-worker everyone was talking about. She sounds like a woman (goes by OlyBev) but maybe not? Another poster and searcher over there goes by Rainydayz. These two have been searching. I would think if OlyBev was the creepy co-worker somebody on that board would have mentioned it. They were pretty vocal about being totally creeped out by that co-worker guy. But again, I don't really know and had not thought of that. :waitasec:

She (?) claims to have worked closely with Nancy for years. I too found the statements about not contacting the family about the searches a little weird, but maybe they are just trying to protect the family if they do find her?

I registered over there but haven't activated my account. I guess I should so I can start asking some questions.

Nancy Moyer still not found.
It would be interesting to know if LE thinks she disappeared Fri. night or sometime during the weekend.

It seems from the details we know now, that Nancy either was outside, door open a little, smoking and someone came up to the house. Maybe one of the railroad workers, maybe a transient living in the wrecker's yard, maybe someone stopped to supposedly ask for directions and they just took her.
If so, no telling where she could be.

Or maybe she went out to find the missing kitty, leaving the door ajar, and something happened while she was outside.

It would be good to know if her coat is there, are her tennis shoes there, are her house shoes there? But we do not.

I have not heard any reports of her sister saying what Nancy's plans were for the weekend. Maybe they are keeping that under wraps.

It could be that someone from work, the co worker that has been mentioned or the the person who was going to take her out on Sat. night, 'stopped by' Sat. morning to help her with a repair. Maybe the back door stuck?
Something like that.
And then maybe that person made a pass and Nancy said no and then, the worst happened.
If that theory is at all plausible, then LE would need to look at those co workers favorite places to hang out.
It seems killers leave their victims in some place familiar to them.

Another search for Nancy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER SEARCH FOR NANCY MOYER THIS SATURDAY 4/11

If you want to help or be part of a search team…
Meet @ the Tenino Park (historic name “the Quarry”)
@ 9am this Saturday.
(Meet in the gravel parking lot by the kids play ground- not the camping & ball field parking lot.)
Items you might need:
Safety vest, cell phone, walkie-talkies, rain gear or umbrella, gloves, walking stick, good hiking/walking shoes, and water.

Here's the latest post from OlyBev on the other board about Nancy. She is apparently the search coordinator. I can understand why the "hinky" in some of us can "hink" up. But...I really do think she (?) is just a very to the point person and no nonsense about this. But I don't know for sure. Keep in mind...the investigators even changed this to a homicide investigation. So....

Saturday's Search

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Goombah for announcing we are going back out to search for Nancy again this Saturday, April 11. Any and all help will be welcome.

For those interested in aiding in the search, I need to point out that this is a recovery search. As much as I want to believe Nancy is alive, my heart knows better. You need to prepare yourself for the possibility that you might find something gruesome. It is exhausting work. It definitely takes its toll on you mentally.

The search this weekend will be car searches. There is alot of roadway that needs to be covered. The police and dogs covered the immediate area near her home with no result. We have also searched the local roads through Tenino. We now have to expand our efforts to include more of the outlying areas.

My goal is to find a crime scene for the police to process. For those of you who cannot actively participate, wish us luck. For those who want to participate, I will see you Saturday at 9:00 a.m.

Any psychic reads or impressions would be most welcome.

Thanks - Take care of each other.

OlyBev
View Public Profile
Find all posts by OlyBev

#4 04-08-2009, 05:46 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I wish all the searchers good luck. I hope that Nancy is found.
Prayers for the family and friends of Nancy M.

In thinking about Nancy M and so many other women who just disappear, it is hard to know where to start a search or what to think.
If there is a suspect, then looking at his/her comfort zones, may lead to finding a body.
But, without an actual suspect, if this was a random crime, then where to start?
If random, they had never seen Nancy before, that person could have had a car and Nancy could have been taken just about anywhere.
If random, by a person from the town, would have taken Nancy somewhere in their comfort zone, somewhere they felt she would not be found.

Have the rail cars been searched? Has the wrecker yard been searched?
These places were mentioned as being across the street from Nancy's house.

I feel pretty certain that whoever took Nancy lived in the vicinity and knew who Nancy was. The fact she was taken on a night when her girls were gone seems like it was pre-meditated. She lives very close to a park. I have read about it being searched but I wonder how thoroughly.

The Park IS surrounded by woods, and then there's that wooded trail that goes clear to Yelm. I won't even normally (daytime) go on that trail, and especially now. There's just SO much wooded area around here! The Park is far enough away that it's not likely she just decided to go walk over at night and leave her door open.

Hey Tubbs. Thanks for joining and replying. If you noticed...I was just quoting OlyBevs posts. I for one didn't think OlyBev was a suspect. And I agreed with Dreamweaver that the co-workers were caring and dedicated people. As far as Matthew, I never thought much about him either. He obviously cared for Nancy as a friend. He never creeped me out.

Keep in mind....on this board everyone suspects everyone until they are ruled out. No way in heck I disrespected OlyBev. I was in no way attacking her. I understood her posts and felt she was just to the point, and that is all.

Just clarifying. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do. I hope Nancy is found soon. This is truly disturbing and I want her to be found. I'm a Mother. I have 2 daughters. It's very sad.

Thanks and good luck to all of you!

NANCY MOYER
SEARCH
THIS SATURDAY 4/18

If you want to help
@ 9am Saturday 4/18.

(Meet in the gravel parking lot by the kids play ground- not the camping & ball field parking lot.)

Items you might need:
Safety vest, cell phone, walkie-talkies, rain gear or umbrella, gloves, walking/poking stick, good hiking/walking shoes, binoculars and drinking water​

NANCY MOYER
SEARCH
THIS SATURDAY 4/18

If you want to help
@ 9am Saturday 4/18.

Items you might need:
Safety vest, cell phone, walkie-talkies, rain gear or umbrella, gloves, walking/poking stick, good hiking/walking shoes, binoculars and drinking water​

Thanks so much Goombah!

If anyone local can tell me the name of the railyard or the name of the trains that are there, it would be much appreciated. I can try and track where they are sent.

And if anyone local can tell me the name of the wrecker's yard near Nancy's house?
TIA.

This is OlyBev who has been the subject of some discussion listed above. Normally I have no issues with healthy discussion. Of course, this is the first time I have ever been the subject of what I think has been negative discussion. Because of this, I would like to reply to some of the questions/concerns that have been posted above regarding me.

I have been a co-worker and friend of Nancy Moyer for over ten years. I have watched her grow from a new bride to a mother of two beautiful young girls. We have shared many laughs over the years. We do not work in the same section or on the same floor. Nancy worked as my fiscal technician but we didn't always interact every day. I was not informed she was missing until two days after the fact. I felt like I had been sucker punched.

I know the Thurston County Sheriff's Dept jumped on this case when it was handed to them, but I could not visually see anything happening. I started to get angry. A group of wonderful co-workers came to me and asked me what we were going to do. What I thought was a simple answer at the time was...let's go find her.

We have been searching for Nancy every weekend since her disappearance. I had no idea the toll these searches would take on me and others. As stated above, I am a very direct person. As the weeks have passed, I have lost my hope that Nancy is still alive. Knowing Nancy as long as I have, I know she would not willing walk away from her friends and especially her two little girls. She would find some way to get in touch with us if she could.

I feel our search efforts are now recovery efforts. My goal is to find Nancy and return her to her family. The thought of her lying out in the woods somewhere breaks my heart. She deserves to be found and brought home and treated with the respect. Not thrown away like a piece of garbage.

I have never met Nancy's family. I have not invited them to participate in the searches because I can't stand the thought of finding her and having them see what has happened to her. No family deserves that last image of their child, wife, mother.

In resonse to other concerns raised above...we all have creepy co-workers. I have no doubt some here might say the same of me although I totally object to that description. I am a pain in the butt, but not creepy.

The police have given polygraphs to Nancy's co-workers and from what I have been told, those who have taken the polygraphs have passed. That is very good news to me. I have worked here for 32 years and have never looked at any or my co-workers with suspicion. That all changed when Nancy disappeared. I don't know if I will ever be as trusting here again. I find that very sad.

Any ideas you might have about searching for her would be most welcome. We are doing everything we can to keep her face in the media. Someone out there knows something. Right now, I cannot rest until I have exhausted all efforts I can think of in finding her. I am blessed to have the support and help of some amazing people and hope you folks here might be able to provide us with some insight on were/how to look for her.

Bev

http://www.theolympian.com/localhig...&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

In reading the posts at the end of the article, on 4/14/9, 11:48p.m.,someone posts that supposedly there is a backhoe at Nancy's house, digging up the yard.

I don't know if this is true or not. Does anyone who drives by Nancy's house know anything about it?

Dream,

The searchers were out April 12. I did not see a backhoe at Nancy's house at that time. We will be back out there 4/18 and will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the tip.

Dream,

The searchers were out April 12. I did not see a backhoe at Nancy's house at that time. We will be back out there 4/18 and will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the tip.

Let me be the first to welcome you to Websleuths, OlyBev! We are always grateful for the input of friends, family and co-workers of crime victims!

I am sorry that your friend seems to have met with foul play. IMO (in my opinion), the fact that you are such a direct person is a positive attribute when faced with the task of searching for a friend or loved one.
Often, understandably strong emotions can lead a crime victim's family and friends into denial or hopelessness. It is good that you are looking at things from a perspective of practicality...people like you are a blessing!
Please don't be discouraged, and thank you very much for the update!

Susan

Welcome to Websleuths tubbs! I see that you are local too!
Thank you for the backhoe info. I have to confess that this is the first time I've checked this thread in a while, so I'm not really up to date on what's been going on the past week or two. As soon as others who have been discussing this case see that you and Oly are here, I am sure they will have questions and suggestions to help in the search.

Thank you for caring about Nancy!

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485