GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would this so-called "acquaintance" be so quick to rat them out to the cops if he/she was trying to help them ??

I mean, the description of the car has everything you need in order to identify it. The only thing they didn't list was whether it had a center console or not.

If someone was trying to help them, wouldn't said person have them park it in their garage or try and hide it, and then go back in the house and finish watching their favorite Jerry Springer episode ? Why would the cops have been tipped off ?

Why would this so-called "acquaintance" be so quick to rat them out to the cops if he/she was trying to help them ??

I mean, the description of the car has everything you need in order to identify it. The only thing they didn't list was whether it had a center console or not.

If someone was trying to help them, wouldn't said person have them park it in their garage or try and hide it, and then go back in the house and finish watching their favorite Jerry Springer episode ? Why would the cops have been tipped off ?
Excellent point!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good points! I'm very curious about this piece of the puzzle as well...

Unless a neighbor saw and phoned in a tip?

I dont believe the acquaintance tipped them off.
The car was said to have been found via license plate reader.
So IMO, an unsuspecting patrol officer was patrolling his beat and the reader caught the vehicle license plate.
Then, im sure the acquaintance had to talk.

I dont believe the acquaintance tipped them off.
The car was said to have been found via license plate reader.
So IMO, an unsuspecting patrol officer was patrolling his beat and the reader caught the vehicle license plate.
Then, im sure the acquaintance had to talk.

Well, all I know is that there is a whole lot of distance between Phoenix, Arizona and Calexico, California. The plate reader had to have had the information programmed into it as to which car to alert on. That would have been done long before it read their plate.

I guess it's possible they actually stole the car from a really clueless acquaintance, someone who didn't even realize they were wanted for anything. Either way, the cops got every bit of information they need in order to find that car and do a traffic stop.

Sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton said during a news conference Tuesday that the Acura was given to the brothers, but she did not elaborate.

Police recovered the truck Saturday at the home of the brothers’ parents in Ellensburg. The truck’s registration had been transferred to the name of Reed’s mother. The brothers then fled the home in their parents’ Volkswagen, according to investigators.

Ireton, the sheriff’s spokeswoman, said it’s too early to speculate on whether the brothers’ mother could face criminal charges for aiding her sons.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ought-in-arlington-slayings-found-in-arizona/

reed gold car.jpg

They are now believed to be driving a 2002 gold Acura 32T with Arizona license plate BNN-9968. The Snohomish County sheriff's office said it was given to them by an acquaintance. A license plate reader in Calexico, Calif. It’s believed the brothers may be trying to head to Mexico.

According to the sheriff’s office, a plate reader hit on the Acura’s license plate Monday near the border town of Calexico, Calif, about 250 miles west of Phoenix. The brothers’ exact location is unknown, but authorities think they’re on the run to Mexico.

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/car...on-murder-suspects-found-in-arizona/143106358

Their "acquaintance" must have reported that car stolen after it was taken and not brought back.

Please reqd this reporter's twitter feed.
@ElisaHahnK5

On the twitter feed it says same as King 5 that they got the gold Acura from an acquaintance. It doesn't say the red VW EOS was left there. Again, there's two of them on the run, so it is certainly possible the red car was dropped @ 3700 W Caron, but that the Acura was obtained at another location. Or they swapped it for the Acura at the acquaintance's house, and it is on that block. But there's been nothing to indicate which scenario happened.

I wonder if they split up and one headed north and one headed south. Or if the south is some sort of a sham.

I just don't trust anything about this case to be what it seems to be. I realize I'm being difficult and most likely the obvious is the truth. But there's still a big piece missing...

View attachment 92156

According to the sheriff’s office, a plate reader hit on the Acura’s license plate Monday near the border town of Calexico, Calif, about 250 miles west of Phoenix. The brothers’ exact location is unknown, but authorities think they’re on the run to Mexico.

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/car...on-murder-suspects-found-in-arizona/143106358

Their "acquaintance" must have reported that car stolen after it was taken and not brought back.

Awww, I see where I got mixed up. Thank you, I thought they found it in AZ via license plate reader.

I just heard second hand from a (non-SAR/LE) guy in SnoCo that heard on his scanner late yesterday that remains were found near the site. I don't have a link to back that up.

Also, it would not be SOP to announce that over the radio (either SAR or patrol). We'd either use a code phrase, or call detectives by phone, especially in a high profile case like this. And they'd call the ME by phone.

Of course, this doesn't always work perfectly. I was working on a case where the media got to the body site first because a local deputy accidentally put it out on the radio first.

I just heard second hand from a (non-SAR/LE) guy in SnoCo that heard on his scanner late yesterday that remains were found near the site. I don't have a link to back that up.

Also, it would not be SOP to announce that over the radio (either SAR or patrol). We'd either use a code phrase, or call detectives by phone, especially in a high profile case like this. And they'd call the ME by phone.

Of course, this doesn't always work perfectly. I was working on a case where the media got to the body site first because a local deputy accidentally put it out on the radio first.

Ugh... That's unfortunate. When I was in HS, a girl was accidentally shot in the parking lot (long story) and the media arrived before the ambulance. It was literally adding insult to injury. :-(

On the twitter feed it says same as King 5 that they got the gold Acura from an acquaintance. It doesn't say the red VW EOS was left there. Again, there's two of them on the run, so it is certainly possible the red car was dropped @ 3700 W Caron, but that the Acura was obtained at another location. Or they swapped it for the Acura at the acquaintance's house, and it is on that block. But there's been nothing to indicate which scenario happened.
Left, dropped, at either rate, that is where it was found and as I posted up thread, there is an identical car (Lexus) with AZ license plates, visible by google street view.

Oh, I really hope this is true.

Something I've been wondering...... Why did they even move the bodies if they were going to leave obvious signs that a homicide took place?

Left, dropped, at either rate, that is where it was found and as I posted up thread, there is an identical car (Lexus) with AZ license plates, visible by google street view.

The car they are reported to be in is a gold 2002 Acura 32T (perhaps 3.2 TL).
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...couple's-murder-traced-to-Arizona-California-

I looked in streeview and couldn't see a gold Acura. Can you provide a specific Google street view link to exactly where you are looking?
Or a screenshot?

Does anyone know how anything regarding the "fence" or lack thereof in Mexicali? I cant see them going through boarder patrol, wondering how else they may get across? If the red car was found yesterday and the license plate reader in Calexico Ca was yesterday as well, I have an awful feeling they may already be in Mexico.

@JoannaKIRO7: Just talked to #borderpatrol in WA. Agent used to work Calexico, CA. Says if Reed brothers make it there crossing is easy @KIRO7Seattle at 5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back