GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not with felony convictions.

I had to book a trip for my boss to canada (he is even a Canadian Citizen). His girlfriend was not allowed to enter due to a DUI. There was alot of red tape and forms to get approvd.

Hi all -- Long-time reader, first-time poster. I've been following this awful story from B.C., Canada, where Monique had ties. (I didn't know her.)

We travel across the border every few months, and we often get the third degree both ways. Maybe we just look shifty! :bodyguard:

My friend's husband has a misdemeanor and he is not allowed into Canada for ten years. And they're really strict about it! Fingers crossed these suspects aren't in Mexico :(

My ex husband is a trucker, he delivers at times in Canada. He has pleaded with me to lift a restraining order I have had on him for over twenty years, since our violent split. They give him a hard time and he has to go in each time, going both directions. So I do believe they are more stringent now. (NO I will not lift it...for those curious minds)....IMHO

I don't suspect we will hear much more until they are found and apprehended. IF they are in Mexico, I don't suspect it will be a hurried extradition process.
My concern is with the 1st degree murder charge(s), aren't those death penalty in Wa? I know the governor has a moratorium on the death penalty in Wa, but, wouldn't the charges have to be downgraded in order to assure the Mexican government there would be no death penalty ?

Me and my son were discussing this. The person who handed them five hundred dollars and the keys to a pretty nice car.....what were they promised for this. People don't just hand that kind of thing over, I am betting Mommy and/or Daddy are compensating them for this handsomely.

Even in Mexico, how far do they expect five hundred dollars to take them? I think they have a lifeline at home going to wire them funds, five hundred will sustain them a week at best. IMHO

Me and my son were discussing this. The person who handed them five hundred dollars and the keys to a pretty nice car.....what were they promised for this. People don't just hand that kind of thing over, I am betting Mommy and/or Daddy are compensating them for this handsomely.

Even in Mexico, how far do they expect five hundred dollars to take them? I think they have a lifeline at home going to wire them funds, five hundred will sustain them a week at best. IMHO
I'm pretty confident all of that is being watched like a hawk.
I have some suspicions that the person (s) in AZ may be fellow prison mates possibly. IF they knew the Reed bro's were on the run and then gave all of this generosity it only speaks to like minds of not caring too much for any form of LE. JMO

I don't suspect we will hear much more until they are found and apprehended. IF they are in Mexico, I don't suspect it will be a hurried extradition process.
My concern is with the 1st degree murder charge(s), aren't those death penalty in Wa? I know the governor has a moratorium on the death penalty in Wa, but, wouldn't the charges have to be downgraded in order to assure the Mexican government there would be no death penalty ?

AFAIK (and I will look for a link) Mexico will not extradite to any place with the death penalty unless it is off the table. I don't think the charges would have to be downgraded, because LWOP would be an acceptable alternative for murder 1. JMO

ETA: Here is a quote and a link to the most comprehensive information about extradition I have found. It's been very helpful in understanding the situation with Brenda Delgado, who is a dual citizen and as such, can only be extradited. As the quote explains, we can hope that Mexico will just deport the Reed creeps, since they are U.S. citizens. If Mexico deports, the death penalty does not have to be off the table and it's a much faster process.

Alternatives to an extradition
Deportations
A deportation is the fastest way to get a fugitive back from Mexico. The fugitive cannot be a Mexican citizen, however, because Mexico will not deport one of its citizens. Also, when a deportation occurs, there are no political strings attached. For example, to get a capital murder suspect extradited, assurances have to be given to Mexico that the death penalty will not be applied to the case. This is not necessary in a deportation. Another benefit might be getting around the specialty rule, which states that a fugitive can be tried only for the offense for which he was extradited. There are exceptions, but basically the rule is not a concern in a deportation.

Once the Mexican authorities decide (more often than not, they are convinced through on-the-fly negotiations with U.S. agents working the case) to deport someone, it can take between two and six hours before the paperwork is complete. Once that occurs, U.S. law enforcement officers want no further delays in getting their hands on the suspect. This is where our city’s proximity to the border can be an asset—no flight arrangements have to be made. In two recent murder cases the deportation out of Ciudad Juarez culminated with Mexican authorities taking the suspects to one of the international bridges in downtown El Paso and literally turning him loose on their side of the bridge while U.S. law enforcement officers waited anxiously a few yards away on the U.S. side.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/update-pursuit-fugitives-who-flee-mexico

AFAIK (and I will look for a link) Mexico will not extradite to any place with the death penalty unless it is off the table. I don't think the charges would have to be downgraded, because LWOP would be an acceptable alternative for murder 1. JMO

ETA: Here is a quote and a link to the most comprehensive information about extradition I have found. It's been very helpful in understanding the situation with Brenda Delgado, who is a dual citizen and as such, can only be extradited. As the quote explains, we can hope that Mexico will just deport the Reed creeps, since they are U.S. citizens. If Mexico deports, the death penalty does not have to be off the table and it's a much faster process.
Alternatives to an *extradition
Deportations
A deportation is the fastest way to get a fugitive back from Mexico. The fugitive cannot be a Mexican citizen, however, because Mexico will not deport one of its citizens. Also, when a deportation occurs, there are no political strings attached. For example, to get a capital murder suspect extradited, assurances have to be given to Mexico that the death penalty will not be applied to the case. This is not necessary in a deportation. Another benefit might be getting around the specialty rule, which states that a fugitive can be tried only for the offense for which he was extradited. There are exceptions, but basically the rule is not a concern in a deportation.
Once the Mexican authorities decide (more often than not, they are convinced through on-the-fly negotiations with U.S. agents working the case) to deport someone, it can take between two and six hours before the paperwork is complete. Once that occurs, U.S. law enforcement officers want no further delays in getting their hands on the suspect. This is where our city’s proximity to the border can be an asset—no flight arrangements have to be made. In two recent murder cases the deportation out of Ciudad Juarez culminated with Mexican authorities taking the suspects to one of the international bridges in downtown El Paso and literally turning him loose on their side of the bridge while U.S. law enforcement officers waited anxiously a few yards away on the U.S. side.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/update-pursuit-fugitives-who-flee-mexico
Thank you, and a big shout out from NORTHERN Oregon!:thewave:

This happened to us in 2010. Well after 9/11. Sorry for off topic but I just think you can get from the US to Canada without a lot of fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You reminded me of a story of my friend...her and a handful of girlfriends were heading to Vegas and she didn't realize her passport expired until at the airport. They still let her go! I was shocked. IIRC, everyone worried about her being allowed back into Canada on the way back, and of course she was. Maybe it was dumb luck, but I was definitely surprised.

Let's not forget, they definitely were in Ellensburg because their truck was found there and that's where they got the VW. The timing is the only thing excluding the Moses Lake sighting right now. Moses Lake is about 1hr from Ellensburg.

To the point of throwing people off their trail, I would also point out -- there are no confirmed SIGHTINGS by LE or photo evidence of the suspects on the run.

There is only evidence of their vehicles. And statement of the friends in Phoenix.

Let's say they have a cousin Jimmy in Ellensburg. They tell Jimmy "take this red car to Phoenix, go see our friend Phil, get a car from him and drive it towards the Mexico border. If the police come around, have him tell them you gave us the car and $500. Meanwhile, we're going to have dinner at a golf course in Moses Lake and head east."

While it is unlikely, it is possible, though honestly I don't think they are that smart.

Yeah, I was wondering about a scenario like this.

http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/ca

image.jpg

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/mexico.html

You must present a valid U.S. passport or passport card in order to enter Mexico. Although documents may not be routinely checked along the land border, Mexican authorities at immigration checkpoints approximately 25 kilometers from the U.S. border will often conduct vehicle and document inspections and require valid travel documents and an entry permit or Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM). If you enter by land and travel further than 25 kilometers into Mexico, you should stop at an immigration checkpoint to obtain an FMM, even if not explicitly directed to do so by Mexican officials. Beyond the border zone, all non-Mexican citizens must have valid immigration documents (an FMM or temporary or permanent resident card) regardless of the original place of entry. Failure to present an FMM or other valid immigration document can result in detention by immigration authorities and/or delays or missed flights because airlines may insist that a valid immigration document be obtained from Mexican immigration authorities before issuing a boarding pass.

Electronic banking will probably be what dials LE into their location. "Affluenza Boy"(?) I think got caught in MX by paying for a pizza with a debit/credit card

My ex husband is a trucker, he delivers at times in Canada. He has pleaded with me to lift a restraining order I have had on him for over twenty years, since our violent split. They give him a hard time and he has to go in each time, going both directions. So I do believe they are more stringent now. (NO I will not lift it...for those curious minds)....IMHO
Stick to your guns Portabella. Don't let your guard down. A restraining order is for a good reason. IMO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Washington_state#Capital_offenses

The death penalty can only be brought for aggravated first degree homicide.

This case qualifies because 2 people were killed. Also possibly because the murder may have been from or near a car.

How this is handled will be up to the SnoCo Prosecuting Attorney's Office. I'm pretty sure they'd drop the death penalty if these clowns are in Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Washington_state#Capital_offenses

The death penalty can only be brought for aggravated first degree homicide.

This case qualifies because 2 people were killed. Also possibly because the murder may have been from or near a car.

How this is handled will be up to the SnoCo Prosecuting Attorney's Office. I'm pretty sure they'd drop the death penalty if these clowns are in Mexico.
BBM

The good news is that if Mexico will just deport them instead of extradite, the death penalty won't have to be dropped. Here's the link to my earlier post about this. It is a MUCH easier and faster process to get U.S. citizens deported than extradited, and Mexico is usually willing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2016-SUSPECTS-SOUGHT&p=12480798#post12480798

These guys are clearly not too bright, and apparently ignorant to all of the technology LE can access to find them. I don't believe it will be long before they are found. What disturbs me is that they have "shoot out with LE " written all over them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back