GUILTY WA - Remains in bags, Alki Beach, Seattle, Jun 2020 - Jessica Lewis & Austin "Cash" Wenner *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Marlys Gordon was in a relationship with Michael Dudley off and on between 2002 and 2016.

The news brought up some tough memories for her. "He started to hit me and grab my hair and my head, and threw me on the floor and hit my head into the hardwood floor. Threw me and my stuff on his patio out the door, and came out and hit my head on the patio, did that with one hand and held a gun in another hand”.

She recalls an incident in 2016 that led to Dudley being arrested and charged with assault.

She describes Dudley as having an intense personality, extremely intelligent and well-connected.

“I know bail is a percentage, and that would not be difficult to raise because he’s got friends that could help him out with that,” Gordon said.

Man charged in West Seattle suitcase murders likely had help, prosecutors say | king5.com

It’s worth remembering that bail is $5 million, so I'm really interested in knowing who he's well-connected to.

Aug 25, 2020

BTB-DudleyResidencePolice082120-1280x640.jpg

Burien Police / King County Sheriff’s Office confirms that three people were arrested Saturday night at the residence of Michael Lee Dudley, the 62-year old charged with murdering two and trying to dispose of their dismembered bodies in suitcases in the water off West Seattle in June.

Police say that three individuals were reported trespassing on Dudley’s property in the 16800 block of Ambaum Blvd. S. on Saturday night, Aug. 22, 2020 at about 6:15 p.m.

Burien patrol responded and took two males and a female into custody.

“They had cut the padlock on the main gate and were in the process of towing a vehicle off the property when interrupted,” Sgt. Ryan Abbott told The B-Town Blog. “All three were booked for burglary.”

It is unknown why they were trying to tow the vehicle away.

Hmmm... concerned potential evidence left inside the vehicle that could lead to them?

Burien Police stop 3 trying to tow vehicle from murder suspect's property in Burien - The B-Town (Burien) Blog

Aug 25, 2020

Burien Police / King County Sheriff’s Office confirms that three people were arrested Saturday night at the residence of Michael Lee Dudley, the 62-year old charged with murdering two and trying to dispose of their dismembered bodies in suitcases in the water off West Seattle in June.

Police say that three individuals were reported trespassing on Dudley’s property in the 16800 block of Ambaum Blvd. S. on Saturday night, Aug. 22, 2020 at about 6:15 p.m.

“They had cut the padlock on the main gate and were in the process of towing a vehicle off the property when interrupted,” Sgt. Ryan Abbott told The B-Town Blog. “All three were booked for burglary.”

Hmmm... concerned potential evidence left inside the vehicle that could lead to them?

Burien Police stop 3 trying to tow vehicle from murder suspect's property in Burien - The B-Town (Burien) Blog
Possibly. I thought perhaps the 3 people may have been trying to get to their own vehicle. Maybe it's the case that Dudley was holding the vehicle until he received rent money from them. Seems money is important to this man...important enough to kill, allegedly.

Aug 25, 2020

There's so many different (yet still very similar) witness statements referenced in the arrest affidavit that it's difficult to sort it all out. MD apparently told one of the witnesses that JL & AW were assaulted and threatened by multiple Samoan males because they had stolen one of their vehicles. Could this be the vehicle that was being towed?

The affidavit also states that the unknown Samoan males had placed a bullet in the house mailbox with AW's name written on it. This (understandably) terrified the couple and further angered MD because it was added trouble on his doorstep. I wonder who these guys might be and if they are also involved in this somehow.

There's so many different (yet still very similar) witness statements referenced in the arrest affidavit that it's difficult to sort it all out. MD apparently told one of the witnesses that JL & AW were assaulted and threatened by multiple Samoan males because they had stolen one of their vehicles. Could this be the vehicle that was being towed?

The affidavit also states that the unknown Samoan males had placed a bullet in the house mailbox with AW's name written on it. This (understandably) terrified the couple and further angered MD because it was added trouble on his doorstep. I wonder who these guys might be and if they are also involved in this somehow.
The AFD also speculates the defendant had assistance and my thoughts turned to the Samoan American males that the couple may have encroached on (territory) with their alleged activity, in addition to the stolen vehicle. A vehicle would be the last of my concerns given the severity of the crime. We may never know as I certainly don't see Duley giving up anybody. MOO

I've just learned that the TikTok video has been taken down on 26 August.

The family had demanded that it be taken down but TikTok had previously said the video wasn’t subject to removal because it hadn’t broken any rules.

"We found that the video did not violate our guidelines, as it did not include any visuals of the remains,” the company said. “We have been in touch with the family to explain this decision."

It’s unclear whether TikTok removed the video or whether the user who posted it was responsible for its disappearance from the platform.

TikTok Video Showing Discovery Of Suitcase Containing Remains Of Murdered Couple Vanishes After Family Pleads For Its Removal

I just found out about this.

1) I was so sure no one would be found...good job, WA police! Again, considering how difficult it might be these days.

2) Odd coincidence in the names of the culprits in the two recent WA cases.

3) To go through this nauseating act for rent is perverted crazy. The man probably fell through all psychiatric cracks.

4) the situation with the housing market is tough for both renters and lessers.

In the UK here so thank you very much for that link ...

Wow! First of all, here in the UK we never get to see a document like that, never, at ANY point and before a trial even starts the public are told very little.

My second WOW! is for the 'witness' who saw the bloodied hand under a pile of clothes and did absolutely nothing! If that was me, I'd have walked out of that house fresh out the shower, still in my towel and wet hair and I would've ran to the nearest, safest place to call police ... 'Good guys' don't cut up bodies!

In the UK here so thank you very much for that link ...

Wow! First of all, here in the UK we never get to see a document like that, never, at ANY point and before a trial even starts the public are told very little.

I totally agree. It's the same here in Oz, plus our Courts love to indulge in name suppression, mostly for absurd reasons. Trials are NEVER televised, photographs can't be taken and reporters can't tweet from Court. Sketch artists are OK. You would never see things like crime scene photos either, not that I want to see gruesome photos such as those from cases like the Jodi Arias trial, but surely the courts could use some discretion

Courts should be open and transparent and free speech goes hand in hand with open justice. Justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done. First, open justice assists in the search for truth and plays an important role in informing and educating the public. Second, it enhances accountability and deters misconduct. And why on earth would court documents be barred? We obviously are living in the dark ages here.

The only comment I have about U.S. trials is that sometimes too much is released IMO. The Chris Watts trial is a good example of what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the rant.

Seeking healing; One year after a horrific murder families and friends honor those lost | Westside Seattle

The families and friends of Austin Wenner and Jessica Lewis who were murdered in June 2020, came to Anchor Park on Alki Ave SW on June 10 to commemorate their loss by floating lanterns in the water.
Photo by Patrick Robinson

06/10/2021
Austin "Cash" Wenner and Jessica Lewis were murdered last June. Micheal Lee Dudley, 63, was charged with double homicide in August and remains in jail on a $5 million bail.

On June 9, a small group gathered to commemorate and honor the couple by writing messages on floating lanterns and floating them on the water.

Wenner's mother Charleen Kriens with help from Lewis's Aunt Gina Jaschke organized the event.

Kriens said, "They are safe now, and with each other. God brought them to this place."

Lewis's parents Patty and Rocky could not be there but Gina shared this message,

"My brother's grief for his only daughter, is something that can't be put into words. On behalf of our family, I just want to thank the kind people of Seattle, for helping look out for the Memorial of Austin and Jessica down on Alki.

Austin and Jessica too, helped others and they would want to say Thank You themselves. But unfortunately the sad reality is, they never will be able to themselves. Instead some depraved old man awaits trial for their murders. Somebody, who lived 2 very different lives gets to breathe the air around him. But not our beloved children. The wheels of justice will continue to spin round in this case and his accomplices are next up. Because we won't have it any other way, but for ALL those who partook in their deaths, and who helped hide this horrific crime- to hold each one accountable. Jessica and Austin washed up on this beach, because they wanted to be found. And they are watching down, protecting those they love, with a fire and pierce to those whose number's up next in this whole ordeal. You're angels now Austin and Jessica. Always and forever together. We will never forget."

Probably tattoos.

I still think about that stranded boater who did not want rescue help night (or two) before remains were found in the same approximate area.
Yeah. I remember seeing that and thinking that guy is up to no good. Good thing the Coast Guard was there,and there's records of the incident, vessel number, owner etc. Go Coast Guard. MOO

Dec 9 2022
''A US landlord has been found guilty of murdering two tenants in a case that made headlines when TikTok refused to take down video of the victims' bodies.
Michael Dudley of Burien, near Seattle, was convicted of killing Jessica Lewis, 35, and Austin "Cash" Wenner, 27.''

''Dudley will be sentenced in March and faces a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back