GUILTY WA - Remains in bags, Alki Beach, Seattle, Jun 2020 - Jessica Lewis & Austin "Cash" Wenner *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
$750/ea per month is very much the norm for the PNW demographic.

That's a blanket statement that definitely applies to the region in general, but $1,500 for a room in this stretch of Burien is legitimately crazy. They could have very easily gotten a 1 BR for under $1,000 in the immediate area, or even up to a 2 BR in a nicer part of the city (even relatively close by) for $1,500. If he had a criminal record (as suggested earlier on the thread) that would probably kick those options off the menu though. I don't think it's legally supposed to here, but I know property managers will go through hoops to avoid it. Especially if it involved meth.

I assumed it was some predatory lender situation where the homeowner didn't care who was renting it, didn't ask questions as long as you forked over the money. Then I saw it was an AirBnB, which also makes sense. They could have racked up a daily rate or homeowners will sometimes offer a reduced fee for extended stays, which is still way above market for normal rates but you're recognizing it's a reconciliation for them losing daily rental $ (while also having a guaranteed tenant for an extended period, including tough midweek days to book).

Just a little context fwiw. Even if you're from Seattle, Burien (and especially certain parts of it) is kind of its own unique beast.

Last edited:
That's a blanket statement that definitely applies to the region in general, but $1,500 for a room in this stretch of Burien is legitimately crazy. They could have very easily gotten a 1 BR for under $1,000 in the immediate area, or even up to a 2 BR in a nicer part of the city (even relatively close by) for $1,500. If he had a criminal record (as suggested earlier on the thread) that would probably kick those options off the menu though. I don't think it's legally supposed to here, but I know property managers will go through hoops to avoid it. Especially if it involved meth.

I assumed it was some predatory lender situation where the homeowner didn't care who was renting it, didn't ask questions as long as you forked over the money. Then I saw it was an AirBnB, which also makes sense. They could have racked up a daily rate or homeowners will sometimes offer a reduced fee for extended stays, which is still way above market for normal rates but you're recognizing it's a reconciliation for them losing daily rental $ (while also having a guaranteed tenant for an extended period, including tough midweek days to book).

Just a little context fwiw. Even if you're from Seattle, Burien (and especially certain parts of it) is kind of its own unique beast.
Welcome to Ws podpod, thanks for the local perpective!

Not even criminal history, sometimes- I’m currently trying to find a new place in the area. I make $20 an hour, I’m the manager of a local business, I’ve been at my current place for three years, never a missed payment save for one in April before my COVID unemployment kicked in, not so much as a parking ticket on my record- but my credit score is not good, and I can’t even request a tour at a lot of the places I would need for my family without a 700+ credit score.

Not even criminal history, sometimes- I’m currently trying to find a new place in the area. I make $20 an hour, I’m the manager of a local business, I’ve been at my current place for three years, never a missed payment save for one in April before my COVID unemployment kicked in, not so much as a parking ticket on my record- but my credit score is not good, and I can’t even request a tour at a lot of the places I would need for my family without a 700+ credit score.
When I was looking for a place here a few years ago (SWFL) I had a doctor put something on my credit report for like $90. I had no idea what they were talking about when I called. I had no record on my cell phone of them calling me about it and no mailings that came to my place. I did an online payment and took care of it. However, in the meantime, the HOA of the place I really wanted denied me based on that bill and kept my $75 application fee. I was furious!!! The credit agency's receive updated reports every 2 weeks. If I were you, I'd see what I could do in the short term to raise your score before giving your credit score again to a rental place. Good Luck!

When I was looking for a place here a few years ago (SWFL) I had a doctor put something on my credit report for like $90. I had no idea what they were talking about when I called. I had no record on my cell phone of them calling me about it and no mailings that came to my place. I did an online payment and took care of it. However, in the meantime, the HOA of the place I really wanted denied me based on that bill and kept my $75 application fee. I was furious!!! The credit agency's receive updated reports every 2 weeks. If I were you, I'd see what I could do in the short term to raise your score before giving your credit score again to a rental place. Good Luck!
Kind of ironic, but after this horrific case, maybe people should be checking out the Landlord and not the other way around!

Correcting my previous statement about the domestic assault: Dudley was charged for that, in addition to several other past issues.

FOLLOWUP: Suitcase-bodies suspect charged with murder; second disposal site revealed

The court document notes that Dudley’s criminal history includes a felony drug conviction from Thurston County in 1996 and convictions in California for Carrying a Concealed Weapon in a Vehicle
(1994), Taking a Vehicle for Temporary Use (1995), and Vehicle Theft (1996), plus an Oregon conviction for DUI (1977). As we reported last week, he was charged more recently with misdemeanor domestic-violence assault for allegedly attacking a woman he had been dating. He remains jailed in lieu of $5 million bail. (added) He’s scheduled for arraignment September 8th.

A copy of the sexual assault petition can be found at the link.

Double murder suspect was possibly more than violent; He was also accused of a decade of sexual assault by his daughter | Westside Seattle

Michael Lee Dudley, the suspect who was arrested on Friday in the double homicide of Burien residents Austin Wenner and Jessica Lewis not only had a violent past, he had a sexual assault restraining order filed against him by his own daughter in June of 2018.

Snip

Jaschke who was close to her niece Jessica said Dudley was, ”A sicko," and explained, "Sometimes he would break their car so they couldn't leave. He put trackers on people's cars. Anytime he ever got in a dispute with anybody he would tell them to leave but try to lock them in the house. He killed the dog in front of them and left the carcass outside for 3 days to scare them. They had nowhere to go That's why they stayed there."

"He beat this dog to death with a hammer because it got one of his chickens...he just left it out there for the other dogs to look at and sniff. He's a freaking psycho." She went on to say, "Once there was a electrician guy doing work for him and they had a falling out and he was trying to tell that guy to leave but yet he wouldn't let him leave. He threatened him with a gun and 911 was called.

$1,500 a month for a room??? That is crazy high to me. It sounds like this dude got involved in drugs or something? Where did he dismember them, in that room???

Snips:
Court documents say 62-year-old Michael L. Dudley was arrested from his Burien home Wednesday, by Seattle police.

Long-time neighbors say Dudley had lived there for 15 to 20 years.

“He was a nice man, he started out really, really well,” said Catherine Rogers, a neighbor.

Documents released say Dudley admitted to having arguments with the victims.

Other neighbors say the man they knew for years, recently started behaving strangely and wonder if other factors were involved.

“This summer things had really nose-dived,” Rogers said. “I used to be able to see his house and the laurels have all grown up,” she said. Dudley’s house is now barely visible from the street.

Other factors, huh?:confused: Yeah, he allegedly wasn't as nice as they thought according to some folks close to him. Sexual assault, animal cruelty, threatening bodily harm...:eek: what else is in this man's past that hasn't been uncovered yet? I hope they check him out with a fine-toothed comb.

Other factors, huh?:confused: Yeah, he allegedly wasn't as nice as they thought according to some folks close to him. Sexual assault, animal cruelty, threatening bodily harm...:eek: what else is in this man's past that hasn't been uncovered yet? I hope they check him out with a fine-toothed comb.
Beginning to understand why the alleged creep shot JL more than he shot AW and also why he did the rest.. imo.

I haven't followed the case closely. Do we know if the autopsy determined whether she had been sexually assaulted?
Never read anything to that effect.... but did find it interesting and curious that the poor woman was shot more times than the guy, maybe she reminded him of his daughter. imo. speculation.

A copy of the sexual assault petition can be found at the link.

"He beat this dog to death with a hammer because it got one of his chickens...he just left it out there for the other dogs to look at and sniff. He's a freaking psycho." She went on to say, "Once there was a electrician guy doing work for him and they had a falling out and he was trying to tell that guy to leave but yet he wouldn't let him leave. He threatened him with a gun and 911 was called.

On killing dogs, here's what he had to say: Mike Dudley
"There is no neutral between good and evil."

and then proceeds to offer to book him a flight to show up for his friend

my family stays put and doesnt dare move because of our credit scores. im in san jose which has a similar market :(

I've heard the Bay Area is horrible when it comes to finding a place to live, I had no idea Seattle was the same.
O/t Things bad for housing everywhere it seems, check out this recent sale..
Tiny Toronto house goes on market for nearly $1M | Toronto Sun
house1-e1595861382833.png

The owner of a tiny bungalow at 300 Euclid Ave. in Toronto is asking for $999,999. Photo by SCREENGRAB /PURPLE BRICKS REALTY

My most recent frustration involved trying to set up a tour for a West Seattle 4-bedroom and being told I did not meet prescreening requirements due to not having a 700+ score. Thing is, the prescreening was multiple choice- the highest option that could be selected was 650-700. I can only assume they weren’t actually intending to show it to the public or something.

So I definitely understand that they had nowhere else to go. It feels hopeless for me and I don’t even have kids to feed and school. Absolutely horrifying that they couldn’t escape this monster.

Published August 26

I've bolded or underlined some of the new facts.

Dudley has prior criminal history including a felony drug conviction, vehicle theft and a DUI conviction, according to Aug. 24 charging documents.

While the case is still under active investigation and additional charges may follow, the charging documents state “the defendant, likely with the aid of others, dismembered the two victims after he killed them, separated their bodies in multiple bags and suitcases and tried to hide them in different bodies of water.”

Austin [aka Cash] and Jessica had been renting the room in Dudley’s home since December 2019.

Motive for the killings is not yet fully known, but charging documents said evidence shows the defendant was angry with the victims for not paying rent and for bringing potential criminal activity to the home.

Around 4 p.m. June 19, Seattle police and Seattle firefighters recovered several trash bags and suitcaseS containing human remains that were located in the water near the 1100 block of Alki Avenue SW. The agencies initially responded to the area for reports of a suspicious suitcase that had washed up on the beach.

Upon a search of the area, officers saw trash bags containing body parts floating in the water.

On June 22, King County sheriff’s deputies discovered another suitcase with human remains, later to be confirmed as one of the victims, near the 10000 block of West Marginal Place near the Seattle City Light power substation.

Medical Examiner’s Office determined “the victims had been beaten and shot prior to being dismembered,” according to a probable cause document.

The medical examiner’s office reported there may have been multiple people involved in the homicide because of how the victims had been dismembered.

Another witness, who was friends with Dudley and did not know Lewis or Wenner, said she moved her belongings into Dudley’s residence on June 9. Dudley appeared to have “defensive wounds” on his body.

Jessica separated from her husband more than a decade ago.

Dudley’s arraignment, where he’s expected to enter a plea, is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Sept. 8 at the King County Courthouse [Room 1201A].

Burien landlord charged with murder of Federal Way woman, Kent man | Federal Way Mirror

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back