GUILTY WA - Remains in bags, Alki Beach, Seattle, Jun 2020 - Jessica Lewis & Austin "Cash" Wenner *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see a number of posts with comments on FB. Here is one:

Never Forget Me

REMAINS OF 2 BODIES FOUND IN SUITCASES ON WEST SEATTLE BEACH IDENTIFIED
35-year-old Jessica Lewis and 27-year-old Austin Wenner
Author: KING 5 Staff
Published: 11:08 PM PDT July 1, 2020

SEATTLE, WA — Seattle police have identified the remains of two bodies found inside bags earlier this month on a West Seattle beach.
On June 19, police responded after getting a call about a suspicious bag on the beach near the water in the 1100 block of Alki Avenue SW.
Another bag was found in the water, and once the contents inside were determined to be human remains, detectives responded to investigate, according to a release from the Seattle Police Department.
The King County Medical Examiner's office identified the deceased as 35-year-old Jessica Lewis who died in Seattle on June 16 from multiple gunshot wounds. The second victim was identified as 27-year-old Austin Wenner who died of a gunshot wound to the torso on June 16.
The manner of death for both victims is homicide.
Detectives said they do not believe this case is connected to any other investigations in the Puget Sound area.
There are no suspects in custody.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Seattle Police Department’s Violent Crimes tip line at (206) 233-5000.
www.king5.com/amp/article/news/local/remains-found-on-west-seattle-beach-identified/281-d3a505c4-1ea2-4e72-984a-f5bb4f8fa843

There is a comment where Austen talks about addiction issues and a comment on Jessica's page from a few years ago where someone says "where are you????" I fear these two operated on the margins of society or may have even been homeless in the Seattle area. My impression was that he has a child with another person but I could be wrong about that.

There is a comment where Austen talks about addiction issues and a comment on Jessica's page from a few years ago where someone says "where are you????" I fear these two operated on the margins of society or may have even been homeless in the Seattle area. My impression was that he has a child with another person but I could be wrong about that.
this info was listed in a link above from west seattle blog.

Also one of them is from Kent and the Green river runs through Kent. I think the suitcases were washed out to sea and the tides carried them to Alki. That is a very busy area and not a logical dump site. Of course, murderers are not always logical.
I’m not sure if you’ve ever seen the condition of anything that’s come out of the Green River but I do not imagine that a suitcase so clean and pristine looking as that one would have come out of that river after traveling any significant distance. I would be very surprised if it entered any body of water outside the local Sound area in which it was found.

Last edited:
In an article published in 2016 Jessica Lewis said her family gathered at the Red Lion Inn & Suites in Federal Way to celebrate her cousin's 13th birthday. He received some electronics and several pieces of luggage from family members. He put the gifts in their hotel room, then joined his family in the lobby for some snacks. When they returned to the room an hour later, all the gifts were gone.

There's a 00:34 second video where Jessica says, "You got electronics. Congratulations, but you ruined a kid's birthday".

She’s obviously older than the FB image posted on this thread and her hair is blonde, but it seems a huge coincidence to have 2 people with that name being mentioned in the same breath as Federal Way.

Thieves arrested after allegedly breaking into a hotel room and stealing birthday gifts

I’m not sure if you’ve ever seen the condition of anything that’s come out of the Green River but I do not imagine that a suitcase so clean and pristine looking as that one would have come out of that river after traveling any significant distance. I would be very surprised if it entered any body of water outside the local Sound area in which it was found.

Could the suitcase and bags have been tossed out right there at night when the water was high in the hopes that they would be carried out to sea?

In an article published in 2016 Jessica Lewis said her family gathered at the Red Lion Inn & Suites in Federal Way to celebrate her cousin's 13th birthday. He received some electronics and several pieces of luggage from family members. He put the gifts in their hotel room, then joined his family in the lobby for some snacks. When they returned to the room an hour later, all the gifts were gone.

There's a 00:34 second video where Jessica says, "You got electronics. Congratulations, but you ruined a kid's birthday".

She’s obviously older than the FB image posted on this thread and her hair is blonde, but it seems a huge coincidence to have 2 people with that name being mentioned in the same breath as Federal Way.

Thieves arrested after allegedly breaking into a hotel room and stealing birthday gifts
I don't think that's her

Remains of 2 people found in bags in West Seattle identified, police say

Austin Wenner, 27, and Jessica Lewis, 35, were both shot to death.
KIRO-TV
From the news reports shared in here, it sounds like the remains were fresh enough to estimate PMI to three days. But I wonder if they have even more information now to confirm that? Drug deal gone awry as some people speculated in comments on one article seems a little too commonplace to end up cut up in suitcases. Weird all around.

From the news reports shared in here, it sounds like the remains were fresh enough to estimate PMI to three days. But I wonder if they have even more information now to confirm that? Drug deal gone awry as some people speculated in comments on one article seems a little too commonplace to end up cut up in suitcases. Weird all around.
I’m not sold on the drug connection either. Drug crimes generally are cleaner so to speak. A few bullets and it’s over. This strikes me as a love triangle, or some similar type motive. It takes someone especially angry to mutilate a body.

I’m not sold on the drug connection either. Drug crimes generally are cleaner so to speak. A few bullets and it’s over. This strikes me as a love triangle, or some similar type motive. It takes someone especially angry to mutilate a body.
Exactly. Nobody goes through that trouble over something as transient as drug deals. Unless you are deeply connected to them somehow and a larger narrative. I would agree about anger fueling that kind of action, though I don't know who in the world has that kind of time and energy over a love triangle.

PS: Fully admit my confidence in talking about drug deals is based entirely on having watched all of Breaking Bad. For all I know it's a darker, weirder world out there than that.

I'm with the love triangle theory for sure. And the theory that the bag, suitcase were tossed into the water close by at night with the intention of them sinking. Super easy to do with a little fishing boat at night with noone noticing/caring - I live right up the hill. The boat launch is right there or they couldve boated up from the connecting Duwamish River. Suitcase bag were found close together; deposited too far from the discovery sight they would not have been found together. I haven't crossed off the idea that they were actually thrown in from shore by a very not so bright individual.

I'm with the love triangle theory for sure. And the theory that the bag, suitcase were tossed into the water close by at night with the intention of them sinking. Super easy to do with a little fishing boat at night with noone noticing/caring - I live right up the hill. The boat launch is right there or they couldve boated up from the connecting Duwamish River. Suitcase bag were found close together; deposited too far from the discovery sight they would not have been found together. I haven't crossed off the idea that they were actually thrown in from shore by a very not so bright individual.
I think you're right, that is probably what happened. What are the chances that two suitcases would end up at the same spot?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Yes, I paid attention to the fact that she died from multiple gunshot wounds, while her BF got only one. Even execution-style usually takes two.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is strange are the thrash bags and neat packaging. As if someone was environmentally concerned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back