GUILTY WA - Remains in bags, Alki Beach, Seattle, Jun 2020 - Jessica Lewis & Austin "Cash" Wenner *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the side by side photo on Austin's fb page posted December 19, 2015. His relationship status is currently set as "single" with no link to her page. Her FB has "in a relationship" with no link to his page. I am assuming its to each other but...
Austin Wenner is with Jessica Lewis.
December 19, 2015 ·

Curious her page has no photos of her four children?

I read now they had a longterm relationship. Back to more reading for me!

The only suitcase I saw on video originally being opened by the young person was neatly packed with small neatly tied (flat looking) packages with something that looked like butcher or freezer paper. Their live video didn't not show any other suitcases or bags.

I definitely did not see a video with tied or paper wrapped evidence, only the one with the black plastic bag. Let me know if you find the one you saw, I am a bit confused!

Re post
The Telegraph
''A group of teenagers filmed the moment they stumbled upon a suitcase containing human remains on TikTok. They said they were using 'Randonaut', an app which gives users random coordinates for them to explore.''

https://www.westsideseattle.com/hig...ing-answers-********-page-seeking-raise-10000

''Jessica Lewis and Austin "Cash" Wenner have been identifed as the murder victims whose remains washed up on the beach near Duwamish Head in West Seattle June 19. The remains were wrapped in plastic and stuffed in suitcases. Forensic examination determined they had both been shot''
rbbm.
“Somebody knows something.” Family of murdered couple found in suitcase asking for answers, justice
''FBI profilers told KIRO-7 whoever put the remains in bags could have been attempting to make a statement.

"If they're trying to send a message, what are they saying? That they're animals? That's the only message that you've gotten out to anybody!"

"What I can do is keep this alive in everybody's mind," she said. "Somebody knows something. Somebody saw something, they might be scared to say anything. You know what? The smart one of the bunch is going to go and turn themselves in. Because no jury is going to have any sympathy for any of them."
Now that's interesting. That doesn't make me think they have suspects in mind if they have FBI profilers trying to read the situation and delivering that assessment.

While I agree the gunshot CoD sounds too ... expedient? rather than sadistic? ... I don't know that choice of murder weapon necessarily excludes some new local serial killer trying to get their start. I still firmly believe that it took Zodiac performing those surprise car attacks on young people in the middle of nowhere to work up the courage to commit the Lake Berryessa attack.

Now that's interesting. That doesn't make me think they have suspects in mind if they have FBI profilers trying to read the situation and delivering that assessment.

While I agree the gunshot CoD sounds too ... expedient? rather than sadistic? ... I don't know that choice of murder weapon necessarily excludes some new local serial killer trying to get their start. I still firmly believe that it took Zodiac performing those surprise car attacks on young people in the middle of nowhere to work up the courage to commit the Lake Berryessa attack.
Zodiac also left all his victims out in the open where he killed them. He did not take the time to dismember them, wrap them in bags, pack them into luggage, and drive them out to a body of water for disposal. Are there any serial killers you can think of who kill via firearm and take care in disposing of remains? I am not asking that to be condescending or sarcastic, I am sincerely asking if this is an MO for a subset of SKs I am not aware of.

Zodiac also left all his victims out in the open where he killed them. He did not take the time to dismember them, wrap them in bags, pack them into luggage, and drive them out to a body of water for disposal. Are there any serial killers you can think of who kill via firearm and take care in disposing of remains? I am not asking that to be condescending or sarcastic, I am sincerely asking if this is an MO for a subset of SKs I am not aware of.
Oh, no worries, I'm with you on that. I meant to go searching yesterday but ran out of time. On my Google list for today! I think we can all agree we are curious if this is the work of quote unquote a madman, or if this is your run-of-the-mill desperation murder and coverup. Not that I don't find run-of-the-mill murder totally bonkers. But there is a real difference between feeling stalked by a predator or just bumping into the wrong person at the wrong time. You know?

Without doing a review of the well known serial killers, the only one who did any dismembering, wrapping and leaving of body parts (some on dry land) was the Long Island Serial Killer.

Long Island serial killer - Wikipedia

There have been individual killers who used suitcases for disposal, but IIRC, most of those weren't serial killers and usually knew their victims (spouse, girlfriend, child, etc.). In many of those cases, the wrapping and suitcases were used to allow the killer to removed the deceased person from a home or apartment where they lived to be disposed of somewhere where the killer assumes LE won't be able to identify the victim or killer.

Without doing a review of the well known serial killers, the only one who did any dismembering, wrapping and leaving of body parts (some on dry land) was the Long Island Serial Killer.

Long Island serial killer - Wikipedia

There have been individual killers who used suitcases for disposal, but IIRC, most of those weren't serial killers and usually knew their victims (spouse, girlfriend, child, etc.). In many of those cases, the wrapping and suitcases were used to allow the killer to removed the deceased person from a home or apartment where they lived to be disposed of somewhere where the killer assumes LE won't be able to identify the victim or killer.
That's definitely not the only one who dismembered. We want to find the crossover between "used a gun to kill" and additionally "disposed by dismembering." It seems an uncommon pairing in that guns suggest expediency and detachment and dismembering requires time and up-close effort. So the question is if they use a gun what are they getting out of it? But that's all based on the assumption that serial killers as a group want to be up close and personal. Son of Sam used a gun, Zodiac used a gun in almost all instances (and this is why I cite Lake Berryessa as the most unique and telling aspect of that personality.) But as pointed out above, these murders were people all left out in the open. Taking the time to be near the body and dispose of them through dismembering ups the risk of being found in the act and increases the risk of being seen dumping.

I did find a Vox article that looked at research into serial killing by its most basic definition: more than two kills in separate incidents. Guns are actually like almost half of those deaths. But this research also allows for gang activity, which technically fits the serial killing definition. If a gang member kills multiple separate people with a gun, they are technically a serial killer, so their data may skew a lot of this research in the Vox article. Gang murders are typically studied separately I believe from say a BTK or a Dahmer.

Last edited:
Not that this is likely, but..
what if the shooting deaths were just a means to an end, ie. the "pleasure" being to dismember human beings,''pack'' them and leave the bags at a beach to shock and horrify not just the person who finds them, but the whole community? speculation, imo.

Not that this is likely, but..
what if the shooting deaths were just a means to an end, ie. the "pleasure" being to dismember human beings,''pack'' them and leave the bags at a beach to shock and horrify not just the person who finds them, but the whole community? speculation, imo.
Exactly. Just knowing the erm variety of ways serial killers have operated, I don't think I can be too shocked anymore. But I absolutely agree there is meaning or significance to the killer in terms of weapon choice, intent, disposal. I think that's largely where the organized/disorganized killer comes from, right?

Like, a disorganized serial killer is a Richard Speck type. Picks a place at random, terrorizes with "overkill" in a fury rather than as a plan, leaves a lot of evidence, already has a record and a history of dangerous behavior, low IQ, history of abuse, etc. This person would have a gun and would use it because it's there, or they would use a knife because it's there, or a rock because it's there. There wouldn't be thought to the strategy, if you will.

Then you have your organized killers, the GSK or BTK type who hyper-plans everything, is ultra careful, and presents a totally normal face to the world. LISK is in this category according to FBI profile. This person is expected to be a man of some wealth, has a job, has an SO. And it's in this category where I think you find a Zodiac, someone who uses a gun for expediency. Zodiac got off on the media attention and the communicating with police more than the actual acts.

So if this Seattle dismemberment situation is a serial killer, I think you look at the gunshots as expedient and thus intentional, meaning organized. Then you have the dismemberment. Why dismember? Two bodies are heavy. Hard to move around. Maybe this killer doesn't have a car or easy transport? Kill location was too visible? Or, could it be a woman? Guns and dismembering make it easier to kill someone and transport rather than overpowering someone with a different weapon. And then you need to dispose somewhere. Why near Pike Place Market? High traffic, of COURSE they would be found. So maybe that speaks to that FBI profiler comment about this person wanting to get attention? If you really want to hide your tracks, you dump that stuff somewhere remote, not near the tourist boats. So if you want bodies in suitcases to be found in downtown Seattle, then yeah, I'm with @dotr on this above, you want to scare people. If this happens AGAIN then I think we know the situation for sure.

I found Patrick Kearney was a gunshot and dismemberment type. Seems he would pick up men in his automobile and while driving on a highway would shoot the men in the head almost immediately, let them stay slumped against the doorframe, and then take them to remote locations. He was a necrophiliac so it seems that was the real goal, not the kill but the body. Then he dismembered and disposed in bags all over the place. I guess he's one of three who have the "Freeway Killer" moniker?

The two victims, Jessica Lewis, 35, and Austin Wenner, 27, were shot days earlier, according to the King County Medical Examiner's Office. A family member said the two had dated for years.

About a week later, the teens found the bodies stuffed in bags on a beach in west Seattle and immediately called 911 -- then posted the video the next day, CNN affiliate KIRO reported.

Seattle Police Detective Mark Jamieson confirmed that the TikTok video wasn't posted until the next day.

Lewis was a mother of four and she'd dated Wenner for eight years, her aunt, Gina Jaschke told the affiliate.

Teens discover couple's bodies in bags while filming TikTok videos in Seattle - CNN

This is the side by side photo on Austin's fb page posted December 19, 2015. His relationship status is currently set as "single" with no link to her page. Her FB has "in a relationship" with no link to his page. I am assuming its to each other but...
Austin Wenner is with Jessica Lewis.
December 19, 2015 ·

Curious her page has no photos of her four children?
She has a picture of a newborn baby, and a picture of three children. The youngest baby appears to be Austin's child. I don't know if he had other children though.

I'm looking at the pics on Jessica's FB page. A pic dated in Feb 2017 shows three children 2 boys and one girl. It's summer outside so I have to presume the image is dated at least from 2016. The older boy looks about 8 or 9, the younger boy around 3 or 4. That would suggest to me that the two older children are not Wenner's children but the younger boy is. That premise is supported by the fact some comments on his FB page in 2014 remind him he will be the father of three kids, not one, if he stays with her.

Now we know that Jessica actually has four children. The media pages still say they share one child so does that mean Jessica had another child with another man after? We don't know the age of the last child as far as I know.

So three shots to the abdomen to JL and one shot to AW. Was she in another relationship? I wonder if she was carrying another child. Could it be a double murder by an enraged SO who found his wife/girlfriend still seeing another man from a previous relationship? Could it be a murder/suicide and someone tried to clean up a murder site?

I'm looking at the pics on Jessica's FB page. A pic dated in Feb 2017 shows three children 2 boys and one girl. It's summer outside so I have to presume the image is dated at least from 2016. The older boy looks about 8 or 9, the younger boy around 3 or 4. That would suggest to me that the two older children are not Wenner's children but the younger boy is. That premise is supported by the fact some comments on his FB page in 2014 remind him he will be the father of three kids, not one, if he stays with her.

Now we know that Jessica actually has four children. The media pages still say they share one child so does that mean Jessica had another child with another man after? We don't know the age of the last child as far as I know.

So three shots to the abdomen to JL and one shot to AW. Was she in another relationship? I wonder if she was carrying another child. Could it be a double murder by an enraged SO who found his wife/girlfriend still seeing another man from a previous relationship? Could it be a murder/suicide and someone tried to clean up a murder site?

the extra shots to her also made me think it was personal to her and possibly an ex or current lover who was unhappy about something

Hello Everyone,

I haven’t been on here for quite some time, but, I just read about this very bizarre case... I have read the family is raising money for a reward — Has the family or LE specified the exact time they were last seen alive? I know the CR states they died on June 16th, but, I have yet to find any information regarding their activities before deaths— or how/why the coroner specified that date exactly: Has anyone read anything about that specifically? Or has the CR been released?

*Edited for my terrible grammar issues :/

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper