WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is it kind of odd that this case is drawing so much attention--and the FBI is involved--when it's a non-custodial parent and the situation doesn't rise to the level of an Amber Alert?

MOO

Is it just me, or is it kind of odd that this case is drawing so much attention--and the FBI is involved--when it's a non-custodial parent and the situation doesn't rise to the level of an Amber Alert?

MOO
I think the case has lost attraction once it was understood to be a custodial issue.

Initially, a beautiful young woman went missing from the airport and that's what got attention. Was she abducted? Beautiful young women always get attention, that is nothing new.

Then, when she was linked to the missing father and daughter, a mystery developed....but since the missing people don't seem to be in dire danger (that we know of), public interest naturally wanes. At this point, it does seem to be an elaborate scheme to gain custody.

FBI is involved because a child was taken across state and perhaps international borders, imo.

jmo

MOO

I have a weird hunch that the FBI might be involved, for reasons that extend to his parents. We really know nothing about them. Yet.

When the biomom expressed that AA had means to retaliate (forget the exact words) I think he was knowledgeable and serious.

Moo.

“The vehicles registered to the family” from the Nancy Grace interview above. I wonder if they’re exploring the possibility that the family smuggled them across the border and dropped them in Mexico. This would explain why it doesn’t seem obvious that their passports dinged at the border crossings, particularly if NC didn’t even have her passport (did it stay with her family at the airport?).

Being on the DL in Mexico though does not sound like a safe place to be, especially for people who don’t seem particularly worldly or streetwise. JMO
You do not show a passport to ENTER Mexico. Only to come back to the US.

You do not show a passport to ENTER Mexico. Only to come back to the US.
Can you please provide a source for that? We discussed this a few pages back and what we found is you do have to show a passport or an Enhanced Driver's license to enter Mexico.

"Travelers entering Mexico by land should have a valid passport book or card. If you enter Mexico by land and plan to travel beyond the immediate border area (approximately 12 miles or 20 kilometers into Mexico), you must stop at an INM office to obtain an entry permit (Forma Migratoria Multiple or FMM), even if not explicitly directed to do so by Mexican officials."

The investigation has since revealed, however, that Aung and Cole likely traveled to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with Idaho license plate number 1L5147U.

Aung is reportedly 5-foot, 9-inches and approximately 135 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information should contact the Pullman Police Department at PoliceTips@pullman-wa.gov or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324) or tips.fbi.gov.
Missing Fiancée and Child: Fugitive Father Sparks International Manhunt

International manhunt for 2 adults believed to have missing child

With Aaron reportedly being so close to his parents, I wonder how they are communicating. Through burner phones? Any way the FBI could determine that calls/texts etc are coming in to The Aung parents? Burner phones ping, right? I don't know about the technology. Wasn't there another case recently where a burner phone was actually tracked?

With Aaron reportedly being so close to his parents, I wonder how they are communicating. Through burner phones? Any way the FBI could determine that calls/texts etc are coming in to The Aung parents? Burner phones ping, right? I don't know about the technology. Wasn't there another case recently where a burner phone was actually tracked?

I can't recall which case it was but I do rememebr reading sometime ago that someone was caught even using a burner phone because LE knew who the suspect would be calling and tapped the recipient's phone. The suspect made calls from a burner phone, but LE saw suspicious incoming calls to the recipient they were monitoring and were able to then backtrack it to the suspect with the burner phone. (Sorry I can't remember the case! Seems like it may have been in Florida if my memory serves?)

Can you please provide a source for that? We discussed this a few pages back and what we found is you do have to show a passport or an Enhanced Driver's license to enter Mexico.

"Travelers entering Mexico by land should have a valid passport book or card. If you enter Mexico by land and plan to travel beyond the immediate border area (approximately 12 miles or 20 kilometers into Mexico), you must stop at an INM office to obtain an entry permit (Forma Migratoria Multiple or FMM), even if not explicitly directed to do so by Mexican officials."
(I am going to say something that hope does not derail and does not become too controversial. YMMV and all that. I live in Arizona. I am a white female with a decent vehicle. I can drive into Mexico pretty easily. Sometimes have to show my license - it is the new enhanced one. But I have also been basically "waved though" as well.)

If they are in Mexico, we will hear more soon IMO. It's not the place to hide out.

The investigation has since revealed, however, that Aung and Cole likely traveled to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with Idaho license plate number 1L5147U.

Aung is reportedly 5-foot, 9-inches and approximately 135 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information should contact the Pullman Police Department at PoliceTips@pullman-wa.gov or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324) or tips.fbi.gov.
Missing Fiancée and Child: Fugitive Father Sparks International Manhunt

International manhunt for 2 adults believed to have missing child
Is there an actual statement from the FBI or Pullman police stating Aung and Cole are wanted with their descriptions, description of the vehicle, possible locations etc? All I have seen are news reports talking about the Cadillac and mentioning Mexico. Have there been any press conferences? Where are the news people getting this info?

Is there an actual statement from the FBI or Pullman police stating Aung and Cole are wanted with their descriptions, description of the vehicle, possible locations etc? All I have seen are news reports talking about the Cadillac and mentioning Mexico. Have there been any press conferences? Where are the news people getting this info?

Pullman Police put a statement out on their Facebook with the description of them and the information about Mexico and the Cadillac.

Yes I saw that. This is more anecdotal I suppose, but I live in Southern CA and I am always waved straight through. The cars don’t even stop.

MOO
I think this case is a nothing burger. Mildly interesting but nobody in danger and just another dumbbell move by young people who are madly in love.

I think this case is a nothing burger. Mildly interesting but nobody in danger and just another dumbbell move by young people who are madly in love.
I'm sure Seraya's mother feels very differently. It would be a nothing burger to me if the two madly inlove dumbells hadn't taken off with a toddler they didn't have custodial rights to.

I'm sure Seraya's mother feels very differently. It would be a nothing burger to me if the two madly inlove dumbells hadn't taken off with a toddler they didn't have custodial rights to.
I certainly get that but noted, before, that the little girl's mother didn't seem very upset when she appeared on Nancy Grace. I just think there's a lot more going on with these people than we know.

I certainly get that but noted, before, that the little girl's mother didn't seem very upset when she appeared on Nancy Grace. I just think there's a lot more going on with these people than we know.
I feel her mother is trying hard to maintain composure, hold it together, and get the info out to NG's wide audience about her daughter. I understand you and others may see it differntly.

I feel her mother is trying hard to maintain composure, hold it together, and get the info out to NG's wide audience about her daughter. I understand you and others may see it differntly.
I agree and would add she probably knows a lot more than we do and doesn’t have a reason to think her child has been hurt. She seems focused to me. Moo

my understanding is that you're supposed to have it with you but they often don't ask to see it

ETA: others here have said they are just waved through

Many years ago I visited the interior of Mexico a few times a year. It was easy to cross the border into Mexico, but things got much more complicated at the 20-Kilometer Check Point. There was a checkpoint on all major highways. A visa was required to go past that point, car documentation and proof of insurance had to be shown to border guards.
Here's some information: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montre...s-foreigners/311-travelling-to-mexico-by-land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895