WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys - we are getting a lot of alerts on this thread for sleuthing a victim's family member. Here are the rules: You may discuss RS's inconsistencies that have been printed in the media - you MUST provide a link. You may NOT copy and paste from social websites - you MAY paraphrase and provide a link.

All sleuthing and comments must be respectful of the person's current status as a victim's family member. This is a delicate balance - but I know you can do it, cuz I've seen you do it before.

Our goal is to find out the truth while being respectful of those that are suffering from this tragedy.

Please let any of the mods know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Salem

So I have been reading all the posts over the last few days and finally catching up. And here's a few pointers that leave me pretty perplexed...and have me leaning towards the possibility that she was hiding / running from RS.

Also, I'm sorry that I didnt post any links or who the points were from. I only have the best intentions here, believe me. I just got lazy.

I read earlier (around page 9) about the crack pipes in the van’s glove box? First I've heard of this. I’m surprised Shantina didn’t take those with her if they were hers. It may have been deliberately left there…or even could have been the owner of the van who left it behind without Shantina even knowing it was in there.? Who’s van was it again? RS’s?

I also believe Shantina may have been checking maps at the convenience stores to actually find a place to hide…like previous location she had been to in the area, and not to find the freeway.

If she had been in contact with someone (to run away with), wouldn’t they know from her phone, internet records? If she ran away with someone, it would have to be with someone she trusted….someone she’s known for quite some time. There would be some sort of evidence that she was in contact with them, whether it be her cell phone or Facebook?

No other bags, overnight items, etc., ever turned up? Her purse is missing…she took that with her. A big deal IMO. Could mean she planned to run away.

And I’m wondering about the items left on the beach….found a whole day or more later. Did anyone ever confirm that the tide does not reach all the way up to the shoreline?

Also, if there was foul play of any sort, AZ would have possibly have evidence on him (bruises, scrapes, skin under his nails).

Shantina never called called the Steps to see if RS found their home even. Very curious.

Rob said he asked her to marry him that week prior to her disappearing.
This is intriguing. A definity possibility IMO that she was trying to bail.

And here's a VERY good point: <<After all, it's a well known fact that she grew up in the Puget Sound area - therefore, IMO, she would have knowledge of the highs & lows of the tides>>.

And I definitely, respectfully, think that LE know more than they are revealing. "Something" is missing here.

It was in this Examiner piece, in an interview conducted by phone. If the journalist is wrong, she is wrong, but how do we find that out?

6:47 p.m. - Simmons said Smiley stopped at a Handy Pantry and called him from a pay phone.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d14-Olympia--Desperate-search-for-mother-and-8year-old-son-fiance-believes-could-be-sinister

She's a member here. She could be asked to clarify if RS actually said 'handy pantry' when he described the call shortly before 7.

With all due respect, I have my own opinion. Is it being implied because a mod is okay with it, then that should be my opinion as well.

Not at all. Just pointing out that her post apparently didn't go against the rules here.

I read earlier (around page 9) about the crack pipes in the van’s glove box? First I've heard of this. I’m surprised Shantina didn’t take those with her if they were hers. It may have been deliberately left there…or even could have been the owner of the van who left it behind without Shantina even knowing it was in there.? Who’s van was it again? RS’s?

As far as I know the items were not identified as as crack pipes or other drug paraphernalia by LE.

snip

I am not at all fine with anyone presenting rumor, speculation, or fabrication as fact. Ever.

Just to clarify, I never said you were. I apologize if that is how my post was interpreted. I was referring to her making a list detailing why she'd come to that conclusion, and that you didn't seem to have a problem with that, because of this comment to her post: "I see what you're saying, hounds. And there's nothing at all wrong with examining the situation and the circumstances, putting them together, and drawing conclusions. I do it all the time myself We just need to be careful that don't identify it in a way that could lead others to think they're documented facts."

As far as I know the items were not identified as as crack pipes or other drug paraphernalia by LE.

This to me goes along with the theory that they were not meant to be viewed by media. But that a press photographer managed to get a shot. A theory, but a formidable and plausible one, I would think...... They were not shown again. This goes along, IMO, with what cjoosten says above:
"And I definitely, respectfully, think that LE know more than they are revealing. "Something" is missing here." ( PS: This is just an example, an aside, really, and has no direct bearing on this case, and is not me, but my brother-in-law: He has been a Lt.Detective for a County prosecutor's office in NJ for 15 years, and is head of Homicide and Major Crimes. He has said in the past, that LE will often keep very quiet to media and public as they pursue a course. Just more grist for the mill, so to speak....)

There are no crack pipes involved in this case in any way at all.

It was speculation that unfortunately must have grown some legs.

I also believe Shantina may have been checking maps at the convenience stores to actually find a place to hide…like previous location she had been to in the area, and not to find the freeway.

She did not appear to me to be hiding. Every hour from 7 until 10 she made contact with people in person or on the phone, was in a diner, went into stores, was talking to people, was on videos, was very open in the videos, was letting people know where she was and where she was trying to get to. I just don't get any sense of trying to hide.

Ok, inconsistencies ("You may discuss RS's inconsistencies."--Salem)

Have we resolved this this one?

RS's words, according to the timeline originally posted at www.robbsimmons.com (no longer there, however):

"I had Cub Scout Training that was planned to finish at 6:30

Shantina called me twice around 4:15 to let me know she was heading out. I asked her grab my phone charger, since my phone was near dead.

My training wrapped up at 4:30, I figured that she was already on the road heading to Castle Rock, so I proceeds to Castle Rock as well

I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at."

Then, the following is from http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/shantina-smiley-suffered-alcoholic-replase-fiance/story?id=10122149

"Simmons said he last talked to Smiley Saturday afternoon before she and her son set out for her stepfather's home, about two hours away.

"She said she's getting ready to hit the road and I said 'Okay I'll see you on the road,'" Simmons said. He expected to catch with them so they could drive down together, but he never saw them again."

===

So--If he indeed told SS in the 4:15 call "Okay, I'll see you on the road", can we conclude from that statement that RS knew the training would likely soon end at the time of this call, and must have informed SS of this fact? Otherwise, why say that and how he would be able to catch up to them on the road if he left much later?

But then, why would SS ask him in the 6:45 call she made to him if he could grab her phone, as if she thought he would still be in Silverdale? For her to ask this leads to the belief that she must have still thought the training was ending at 6:30.

I can't reconcile the statements in a way that make sense to me. Then again, does this have any significance to figuring out what happened to SS? Don't know.

snipped for space

And, on another note, I have spent some time perusing all her friends' wall posts on her FB page -- going back further that the night of her disappearance and found it quite odd that she had no interaction with her friends who have stated how good of a friend she was to them. I didn't see any reconnecting with anybody from her past other than adding them as friends. Not sure if that means anything or not. :waitasec:

I also thought it was strange that she didn't have any recent comments from friends on myspace. The last one was on 11/3/09. It shows she last signed in on 3/7/10 - and she set her mood on 2/22 and 2/12. So it looks like she used myspace, but maybe more of her friends used FB. We can't see her activity on there because she has her wall blocked. Elf, are you referring to what you were able to see on your mutual friend's page?

This to me goes along with the theory that they were not meant to be viewed by media. But that a press photographer managed to get a shot. A theory, but a formidable and plausible one, I would think......

An equally plausible theory is that no comment or identification was made on the items because they are just the typical stuff found in a car.

There was a missing flier that was put out that said on it that her overnight bag had been found.

Actually didn't it say something like - her bag was found not in the van?

That could mean her bag was found, but it was not found in the van.

Or it could mean, her bag was not found at all, in the van or otherwise.

Which is it?

Which is it?

And if something was found, where was it found?

Which is it?

No matter how I read it, it says her bag was found. I've never heard anyone in my life say 'her bag was found not'. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE