WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay... so don't wet your pants with laughter or anything but I was putting the first name in the last name box! eek!

Love ya anyway Nursie
icon12.gif

one of the court documents mentions waiving a fee d/t being a military dependent.... and needing certification of service

who is in the military? SM?

I think this woman loves drama. She has her facebook page, flickr, thousands of pics of her kids all over the net. She uploads audio recordings of exchanges. She's made no effort to hide anything since Sky went missing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was ticked pink with all this national attention this case is getting, so she can air out her dirty laundry and publicly call out her husband.

Also, I don't think she is a stupid girl, which is in direct contrast with her actions yesterday morning. She uses big words like "conniving" when describing how he allegedly attacked her. I think she planned this out quite meticulously.

I'm really torn on this one too, Surfie. It's so hard to say with limited info, but I'm playing devil's advocate for a minute... If JB is a victim of violent abuse, as she claims, she could be the victim of something bigger. Especially if this abuse escalated over time, the children were used as pawns, etc. I know those soundbytes don't sound good for her - but I wonder how I, myself would sound if I were a desperate terrified victim, and did not want to turn over custody of my children to someone I knew was a threat. I just don't know...

She recorded and uploaded those sound bytes for a reason (despite, it seems, for the fact that they don't make her sound that great), on a blog that was easily found by searching her full name. Why? Could she be leaving a trail of evidence, knowing something bad may happen to her? I'm really on the fence here: was she the abuser of the victim? I just don't want to point fingers yet. I keep thinking about how Grant Hayes made poor Laura Ackerson out to be a horrible psychotic, used the children as a pawn to get back at her, etc. And look what happened to her.... JMO, of course.

So you think he may have done something to her car and then followed to try to get her alone and then possibly saw her take the daughter and leave the son so he snatched the boy? I suppose anything is possible. But in this case, she was the last person with the child and she admitted to leaving this little baby alone in a car on the side of the road, locking only one door, but not the others. Too strange.

Also, we tend, as Americans, to look at people of middle eastern or east Indian descent with suspicion. They are abusive, patriarchal, value sons over daughters, kidnap their kids, etc. I have been guilty myself of that attitude. That may have led to the court outcomes in this case, I mean, the attitude may have. And it may affect our attitudes here.

The fact is, she didn't need to publish those audio tapes. The court docket reveals she has a lot of family and friends willing to speak for her. Surely she could have left the audio with them. Also, the docket shows transcriptions or filings of several "audio" tapes. She didn't need to make this public, via a blog. She has the kids and a protective order against him, from what I can tell. So the court is on her side. All the evidence, if he tried to kill her, let's say, is very likely in the court record. I don't get this.

And if she's scared of him, why would she ever leave one child unattended? You stay in that car and flash emergency lights until someone comes. You flag down a motorist. You don't take one baby and leave the other in an unlocked car on the side of the road.

The dad graduated high school in Washington. He has tons of friends across very many backgrounds, many average, American friends. He is a Vancouver Canucks NHL fan. He's an active Christian in Bellevue. I don't know. Doesn't fit the stereotype but then, it is a stereotype.

I'm really torn on this one too, Surfie. It's so hard to say with limited info, but I'm playing devil's advocate for a minute... If JB is a victim of violent abuse, as she claims, she could be the victim of something bigger. Especially if this abuse escalated over time, the children were used as pawns, etc. I know those soundbytes don't sound good for her - but I wonder how I, myself would sound if I were a desperate terrified victim, and did not want to turn over custody of my children to someone I knew was a threat. I just don't know...

She recorded and uploaded those sound bytes for a reason (despite, it seems, for the fact that they don't make her sound that great), on a blog that was easily found by searching her full name. Why? Could she be leaving a trail of evidence, knowing something bad may happen to her? I'm really on the fence here: was she the abuser of the victim? I just don't want to point fingers yet. I keep thinking about how Grant Hayes made poor Laura Ackerson out to be a horrible psychotic, used the children as a pawn to get back at her, etc. And look what happened to her.... JMO, of course.

You've got a point there, one I won't easily dismiss.

I'm just going to come out and say something about my story. I don't wish to derail the thread, please keep that in mind everybody.

I have an audio recording of my estranged husband sexually abusing my daughter. It's gone on so long, she's not willing to give a statement. I committed a crime by making this recording, if you can believe it. It's not admissible in court. I am left without a penny, hoping my lawyer doesn't dump me at any moment for owing him thousands, trying to keep my kids. I've exhausted my legislators trying to get him prosecuted. It's not going to happen, not until my daughter has had lots of time, anyway.

I fear for my life from this man. He has EVERYTHING to lose. Here is the difference in what I've done, though. Trusted people have copies of this recording, and all the evidence I have. Trusted friends have statements from me in writing what I wish for my kids, and to please investigate anything that should happen to me, even if seems accidental. The recording is not public, it's not even online anonymously. Even his family members who have turned on me because they have not heard it, have not been given this recording. The police will always have it, but just in case the system continues to fail us and something happens, they have the option of going public, and going "nuclear" with what they have.

Now I realize I just aired this in public in a sense, but my name is not attached here. I have never said the things that were said in those recordings. I have to exchange my son with him every week until the court sorts it out (no contact with my daughter). I have not disparaged the father to my young son, because he couldn't possibly begin to understand. And I wouldn't leave a trail with names attached for the sake of both my kids.

Your mileage may vary, this is all my anecdotal stuff here. Having gone through this myself, I won't say I'm totally judging her (not on this particular aspect), but I judge her for the content and the public nature.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but 11/06/2011 was daylight savings. We "fell back," or gained an hour at that time. I've forgotten before in the past, and missed an appointment as a result. :)

The search resumed Monday morning in the area surrounding her home, according to Bellevue police.

Meanwhile, the FBI has joined the search for 2-year-old Sky Metalwala.

and this (they got the gender wrong obviously)

The missing child's 4-year-old brother has been taken into protective custody by Child Protective Services, according to agency spokeswoman Sherry Hill. She could not say whether the agency has had any previous involvement with the family.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016709944_missing08m.html

"The missing child's 4-year-old brother has been taken into protective custody by Child Protective Services, according to agency spokeswoman Sherry Hill. She could not say whether the agency has had any previous involvement with the family."

I don't know why they are still calling a daughter a boy, but least she is with CPS.

Biryukova, Julia Valerie
Juvenile Respondent King Co Superior Ct 97-8-07337-7
12-08-1997

Gitana1, what would this case be about? Any guess?

Possibly linked to the case posted by Knox, below? I don't know. It's a different system than Calif. Similar but different titles, etc.

respectfully snipped and bolded :)

That's really troubling - what are the chances that this baby would NOT have been found by good, church-going folks in this case? It's a lot more likely that good people would have stopped and called LE than a predator would happen by and snatch the kid. That leads me to think that the chance that the baby was in the car at all is very low.

I agree.

I found JB's parent's divorce case, fwiw.

"The missing child's 4-year-old brother has been taken into protective custody by Child Protective Services, according to agency spokeswoman Sherry Hill. She could not say whether the agency has had any previous involvement with the family."

I don't know why they are still calling a daughter a boy, but least she is with CPS.

Wrong gender or no, THANK GOODNESS the child has been placed in protective custody!

After seeing her pics of the kids I can sort of see why Sky was left behind. She clearly favors the daughter...and that is so sad :( Hope he is found soon!

I don't read too much into the fact that there are not as many pictures of Sky as there are of the daughter. Maybe Dad was the picture-taker in the family. I noticed there were a lot of pictures of Mom and the daughter on the flickr pages. So I assume it was Dad taking those pictures.

It sounds like the marriage fell apart soon after Sky was born and they separated when he was just 6 months old or so. The more recent pictures of the children, could have been taken by JB's father or brother.

My ex and I divorced when my children were 5 and 6 years old. We have a ton of pictures of everyday activities up until that time. While I got custody of the children, my ex got custody of the camera. I was so busy raising two kids, I didn't stop and take pictures regularly. So from that point on, most of the pictures of my children were taken during vacations or on holidays when I made the effort to take out the camera.

(of course, now that my children are grown, I wish I had been better at taking pictures!)

I have a grudging respect for mothers who are willing to take or hide their children from men who have (really) abused or molested their kids. But this is not the way to do it. Not coming up with a crazy kidnap story AND not leaving the other child there un-"kidnapped". Even an idiot would know that she will lose custody of this kid, simply because she was so neglectful with her son. If she had just taken both kids and run off, I could (maybe) buy the "abuse" stuff, but this makes no sense.

Biryukova, Julia Valerie
Juvenile Respondent King Co Superior Ct 97-8-07337-7
12-08-1997

Gitana1, what would this case be about? Any guess?

"respondent" is almost always going to be Ex Parte/Family court in Washington. If it's family law, most likely she's named as respondent because the husband is the "petitioner", as in the one filing.

"Right now we don't know, we can only go off what the mother told us," said Lafrate. "But we're going to search beyond that, and since we can't find the child right here in this area, we're going to be asking other questions."
Police would like to hear from anyone that may have travelled along 112th Ave N.E., between SR 520 and NE 24th Ave N.E., Sunday morning between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m.

another snip from the article I just posted

So you think he may have done something to her car and then followed to try to get her alone and then possibly saw her take the daughter and leave the son so he snatched the boy? I suppose anything is possible. But in this case, she was the last person with the child and she admitted to leaving this little baby alone in a car on the side of the road, locking only one door, but not the others. Too strange.

Also, we tend, as Americans, to look at people of middle eastern or east Indian descent with suspicion. They are abusive, patriarchal, value sons over daughters, kidnap their kids, etc. I have been guilty myself of that attitude. That may have led to the court outcomes in this case, I mean, the attitude may have. And it may affect our attitudes here.

The fact is, she didn't need to publish those audio tapes. The court docket reveals she has a lot of family and friends willing to speak for her. Surely she could have left the audio with them. Also, the docket shows transcriptions or filings of several "audio" tapes. She didn't need to make this public, via a blog. She has the kids and a protective order against him, from what I can tell. So the court is on her side. All the evidence, if he tried to kill her, let's say, is very likely in the court record. I don't get this.

And if she's scared of him, why would she ever leave one child unattended? You stay in that car and flash emergency lights until someone comes. You flag down a motorist. You don't take one baby and leave the other in an unlocked car on the side of the road.

The dad graduated high school in Washington. He has tons of friends across very many backgrounds, many average, American friends. He is a Vancouver Canucks NHL fan. He's an active Christian in Bellevue. I don't know. Doesn't fit the stereotype but then, it is a stereotype.

BBM. I understand what you're saying But, no, I didn't say any of those things. I was thinking more along the lines of hiding Sky (not wanting the husband to have him) and setting up this whole scenario. And I'm not even sure I beleive that. As I said, I was just playing devil's advocate. Whether she is the perp or victim (or both), it's obvious that she is definitely a manipulator - and could have manipulated this situation - either out of fear or control.

And for what it's worth - I am a stong advocate for domestic abuse victims, and usually consider that side of the coin - especially when custody of children is involved. The father's descent has absolution nothing to do with that assertion. Anyone familiar with me and my stances on WS would know it is one I take solely from the abuse victim advocate standpoint. It is something I take very seriously.

I understand that cultural prejudices can come into play, and it is something we all need to pay attention to. However, I also felt the need to reply and let you know that it was not at all what was driving my last comment. Thanks.

That speaks volumes to me. It is readily apparent that both families have family members who would take care of this child while everything is being sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay