WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that she physically abused her kids to get pictures to blame on her husband. I'm wondering if she tried to take it to another level. Perhaps she thought she could poison Sky by giving him a dose of something that would make him sick either too sick to go to the father or something that she intended to blame on the father so that he would look guilty. Maybe she did something and it accidentally killed him.

Do we take this as fact or something that came out of a custody battle? Did Julia really hurt the kids or did dad?

I didn't know that she physically abused her kids to get pictures to blame on her husband. I'm wondering if she tried to take it to another level. Perhaps she thought she could poison Sky by giving him a dose of something that would make him sick either too sick to go to the father or something that she intended to blame on the father so that he would look guilty. Maybe she did something and it accidentally killed him.

I find this to be the most plausible explanation because SM did say in his declaration (if we are to believe him as being as truthful as possible) that he felt she was bruising the kids and blaming it on him. Throughout the declaration and court dockets, we see her accusations against SM escalate...so there is a verifiable pattern there.

Add in that she actually emailed a friend that morning giving legs to the Sky is sick story (but I think this was after Sky was deceased, sadly).

I know, hope is completely understandable. It's all we have.

Hope upon hope, Abby. :)

Because Julia's alleged mental illness symptoms typically worsen when under stress, whatever plan she had (IF she had one) might be derailed now if she is totally unhinged by the turn of events. If there WAS a plan, it might be up to the conspirators to step forward and do the right thing. There were few people in JB's life still enabling her, so conspirators should not be complicated to identify. I have noticed a "deer in the headlights" look in someone close that I thought might know more but be too emotionally enmeshed and maybe invested too deeply to know which way to turn. If involved, I hope this person does the right thing by ACCEPTING that Julia's mental state right now leaves her unable to be the right parent to care for Sky and returns Sky to his loving father.

Haha, true. But that route is actually the suggested route to the zoo according to Google maps.

And depending on traffic, that actually can be easier than trying to merge off of I-5 onto Hwy 16 (nightmare!). Heck, I've taken that route home on occasion, and I live on the west end. If I was going to take a tour of exotic Tacoma (haha), I'd want to hit up Ruston Way instead of the rest of the city.

Will you laugh to know my sister and I took this route on purpose last Friday as part of a holiday outing to Tacoma? :) I mean, this was part of the plan; "we'll hit the waterfront then head up through Ruston..." We love that little drive.

However, it's a heck of a drive from Redmond - 45-minute trips from Sumner to Greenwood (!!) notwithstanding. Posting that photo seems odd, all right, but this seems so very far afield. Red herring, perhaps?

fyi
seattletimes The Seattle Times
Bellevue police plan briefing this afternoon on case of missing 2-year-old seati.ms/uIGbdS #SearchForSky
14 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I am so far behind on this case. I started reading from Thread #1 to try to catch up, but it was too daunting of a task, and now I feel totally lost. Is there somewhere that provides a "snapshot" of all the pertinent info we have so far? I've heard bits and pieces of the dad not being allowed to use the bathroom, and the kids not being allowed to sleep in their beds (so they wouldn't mess them up?)...is this true?

How do you all keep up with this???

I am so far behind on this case. I started reading from Thread #1 to try to catch up, but it was too daunting of a task, and now I feel totally lost. Is there somewhere that provides a "snapshot" of all the pertinent info we have so far? I've heard bits and pieces of the dad not being allowed to use the bathroom, and the kids not being allowed to sleep in their beds (so they wouldn't mess them up?)...is this true?

Here's a start (It's kind of long): http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Decl+of+Solomon+Metalwala.pdf

It is interesting that a woman who resembles Julia went missing on November 8th. Helps me to hold on to a sliver of hope that he is alive and well somewhere.

But it's hard to grasp someone who would keep a secret like that for this long. Wouldn't they be facing charges of obstructing justice?

And if Julia goes to jail, is this person just going to become his sole caretaker?

IMO

please come home Sky!

Just regarding the marina pic. I believe it was taken from Fisherman's Park using a zoom. I might be wrong, but that would fit with the angle.

Hmmmm. . .if I have time today, I have to run errands, I'll swing by there and see if that's a possibility.

Also, I don't know if that pic has any significance. I'm more inclined to think it hints at the mountain then the marina. Diving around here is pretty hard. It's usually pretty murky, but I don't know for sure about the area of the marina.

MOO

I don't think anyone helped her with anything. She's a very attractive blonde woman and her son is darker so she and he would stand out. If she took a ferry I'm sure someone would remember.

One thing I'm not sure about if we are allowed to sleuth. I'm wondering if her husband was stalking her at any point because of the custody issue. Maybe trying to catch her doing something wrong.

He seems to willing to go on television and chat it up. He's so peppy and "on" it seems odd to me. As if this isn't really happening.

I'm wondering if he was following her and took Sky after she left him in the car.

I don't think anyone helped her with anything. She's a very attractive blonde woman and her son is darker so she and he would stand out. If she took a ferry I'm sure someone would remember.

One thing I'm not sure about if we are allowed to sleuth. I'm wondering if her husband was stalking her at any point because of the custody issue. Maybe trying to catch her doing something wrong.

He seems to willing to go on television and chat it up. He's so peppy and "on" it seems odd to me. As if this isn't really happening.

I'm wondering if he was following her and took Sky after she left him in the car.

IF SM were following JB, all he would have to do is call LE to report his son was yet again abandoned . . . I believe that he is stuffing most of his emotions and really trying to remain positive.

I am glad everyone is trying to think out of the box and pool our collective brains to help find this "little dude".

I wish I could be even half as positive as SM about his son's safe return. Even though it appears JB and the children live right in the heart of the city . . . I keep trying to find areas that are closest to the home that would be good "dump sites"

IF SM were following JB, all he would have to do is call LE to report his son was yet again abandoned . . . I believe that he is stuffing most of his emotions and really trying to remain positive.

I am glad everyone is trying to think out of the box and pool our collective brains to help find this "little dude".

I wish I could be even half as positive as SM about his son's safe return. Even though it appears JB and the children live right in the heart of the city . . . I keep trying to find areas that are closest to the home that would be good "dump sites"

BBM: I'll try to get Oriah, Sarx or Shreshowtime over here to help us with that.

Agreed.

I've seen mods make clear that Solomon is a victim in this case, but some are choosing to discuss something along these lines.

He's been willing to take polygraphs. He's been seen choking on tears and as far as I have seen, very soft spoken. The car was not out of gas. There have been no mechanical problems reported, and it ran for something like 2 hours on the gas it had in the tank with no mechanical issues when the police tested it. This scenario is quite a stretch given these facts.

And why would he be stalking her when just a few days prior he was finally granted visitation with his children?

Oh Gal, whenver I get behind or get lost in a case, I look through the Missing and Timeline Forum at the top of the Missing Forum for the latest news. It's not discussion, just a listing of the news, and you can go back and read it as it happened from the beginning. That's the best way to catch up, and every now and then you will catch a clue that no one else has thought about, so it's a good idea to prowl through it from time to time.
Sky Metalwala Media Links

a little boy so sick that his mama was taking him to the hospital . . . but no details about his "sickness"? How long had he been sick? Can anyone verify he was sick? She was more worried about him being sick than being abducted? Even after being charged with "child endangerment" for leaving this same child unattended?

Makes me really wonder if JB can put herself in her child's mind at all . . . how scary for a little guy (who is very ill) to wake up in a strange car, in a strange place, on the side of the road and no one is near to calm him? WTH? No adult to soothe him . . . no big sister to hug him? . . . cold day with no coat . . . could he get himself out of his car seat? Was he used to being buckled into his car seat for extended periods of time? (whether it was in a car or not?)

How scary if in fact what JB is telling us is the truth! He's 2 . . . does he have no one looking out for his welfare? And IIRC no verifiable pictures of him since mid September 2011?

My 4 yo daughter cannot unbuckle her car seat - granted, some buckles may be easier than others, but he seems really young to be able to do it himself.

BBM. Exactly. It makes no sense if JB did in fact abandon one while dad was following her. Dad hides one to get JB in trouble while his baby girl gets sent to Foster Care? Nah, just not plausible when he could have called LE immediately to report the child being left alone in the car again.

Also, based on dads being surprised and shocked JB would leave the children alone again, I'm certain he was completely unaware she was doing so prior to Sky's disappearance or he would have brought that up in earlier custody hearings. I don't believe anyone was aware Julia was leaving the children alone often for extended periods of time until she admitted so after Sky went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3