WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Wenwe!

I had a 98 Acura and whenever it went in the shop, they hooked it up to "read" what had gone on and what, if any, problems were being read. I remember having this whole discussion about the days of the car refusing to "make that sound" for the mechanic being over.

It's surely not as high tech as modern versions, but there is SOME information is surely there. Makes you wonder how much.

ETA- I called the person who adopted my Acura, he's toys around on it so I asked him if he knew anything about the system. He said only that he thinks it's an A-1 Cardone Engine Control Computer. I did a quick google, but all I found was places to buy it. ETA- wouldn't take this as gospel either, it was just his thought without checking :) A quick google search implies it may be a Chasis computer.

Right. I was in a rush this morning to get to work after my post but I did get a chance to look it up. They do have ferries from Seattle to Vancouver and Victoria Island everyday from Monday - Friday.

You are correct. All is needed is an EDL (enhanced driver's license) for adults. For children, a birth certificate is required and parental consent from the other parent. I think that could easily be forged, imo.

If Julia has family in Canada, I could see this as a very good possibility that Sky got across!

Why would she send only one child to Canada? She had custody of both children, now she lost custody of her daughter. If both children went missing then maybe, but as it is, I don't think that is plausible.

I saw this last night and the red chalk lines are driving me bananas. Why two on the back and one on the front? Puzzling.

Looking up stuff about tires and tread marks makes me believe they are marking where the treads are in one spot. Tire marks look different going in one direction from another. maybe they found tracks somewhere else that match her's or are trying find out if she was in fact going the direction she said..what I understand is tires are like finger prints each are different from another. It's the only thing I can think of to why they would mark them.. MOO

Thanks, Wenwe!

I had a 98 Acura and whenever it went in the shop, they hooked it up to "read" what had gone on and what, if any, problems were being read. I remember having this whole discussion about the days of the car refusing to "make that sound" for the mechanic being over.

It's surely not as high tech as modern versions, but there is SOME information is surely there. Makes you wonder how much.

ETA- I called the person who adopted my Acura, he's toys around on it so I asked him if he knew anything about the system. He said only that he thinks it's an A-1 Cardone Engine Control Computer. I did a quick google, but all I found was places to buy it. ETA- wouldn't take this as gospel either, it was just his thought without checking :)

Just an aside about the computers that the dealerships have vs. the ones that every other Mom & Pop car repair can get. . . . the dealerships have all of the code information and further computers that can narrow down further codes. The computers that are available to all of other vehicle repair facilities have capabilitites to read code but only the bare minimum required by federal law. For instance . . . a code at the repair shop could tell you that it is a fuel injection problem . . . . but the dealership computers can diagnose if it is an injector or the connector to the injector or the richness of the fuel or if it is sending a code from somewhere else, etc. . . .

So . . . (my DH would hate it if he knew I was telling all of this) for all of you who have taken your car to the local mechanic and they "think" it might be this. . . and they throw a part on it and then it still happens and so 4 repairs later the Mom and Pop shop are still trying to figure out what is going wrong . . . the dealership can diagnose exactly what part is bad in the first code read. To save money in the long run . . . have the dealership diagnose the problem and then get it repaired somewhere else with genuine parts.

I saw this last night and the red chalk lines are driving me bananas. Why two on the back and one on the front? Puzzling.

One way of measuring if the mileage odometer is correct? (by viewing on video tape)

Stupid question alert: Does this mean LE still has custody of the car?

Why would she send only one child to Canada? She had custody of both children, now she lost custody of her daughter. If both children went missing then maybe, but as it is, I don't think that is plausible.

SPECULATION ONLY:

She needed her daughter as a witness (Sky in the car) and a friend who witnessed (Sky not in the car)

Her plan fell apart. She never expected her daughter being taken from her and put in foster care. Who would do that to a mom who just had her baby stolen? She thought everyone would believe her.

That's not how she planned it in the 2 weeks nobody saw them. All was supposed to go according to plan.

Mediation all went well. Custody agreement. 2 days later she says no way. Sky abduction. Chaos. Custody on hold. ooops.....we have a problem. LE doesn't believe her abduction story.

Hi all! First time posting to this particular forum but this case is heart-wrenching and so full of inconsistencies. I hope they find little Sky soon.

So sorry if this has already been discussed but in the description of what Sky was wearing at the beginning of this thread, they describe the exact clothes he is wearing in the picture also posted at the beginning of this thread. Has there been an explanation for this? Did she take the picture that morning on the way to the hospital or is this further indication that she made them wear the same clothes everyday? If she took the picture that morning, he doesn't really look sick enough to be brought to the hospital. He looks like a happy, healthy kid. Another inconsistency???

My DH is a master automotive technician for a major dealership for over 25 years. . . . with regard to the Acura, I am not sure of the year of the vehicle but there are computers that can be plugged into the main computer to determine what happened during the last 60 cycles of turning on the key. They can see how fast the vehicle was going (if and when) anything caused the car to become disabled. The computer can read out if there was any type of malfunction and what happened and what the car was doing at that exact time. If the car was really old (ie: 1990's) it may not have all of those capabilities but all of the newer ones do.

TY wenwe4! I think the car is a '98. This may be for someone in LE, but can you ask him if he has any inkling for chalk on the tires? TIA

n/t, Personally I believe that if she had Sky stored somewhere, she would pull strings to make him appear in a way that makes her story look true to get her kids back. Either that, or whoever had him would realize it was TOO BIG and roll over on her and say "woah... not kidnapping, she asked me to watch him!"

I don't know, I have a pretty awful feeling on this case...

n/t, Personally I believe that if she had Sky stored somewhere, she would pull strings to make him appear in a way that makes her story look true to get her kids back. Either that, or whoever had him would realize it was TOO BIG and roll over on her and say "woah... not kidnapping, she asked me to watch him!"

I don't know, I have a pretty awful feeling on this case...

I'm trying desperately to think outside the box but I know the chances that he's alive and well somewhere are slim.

a little boy so sick that his mama was taking him to the hospital . . . but no details about his "sickness"? How long had he been sick? Can anyone verify he was sick? She was more worried about him being sick than being abducted? Even after being charged with "child endangerment" for leaving this same child unattended?

Makes me really wonder if JB can put herself in her child's mind at all . . . how scary for a little guy (who is very ill) to wake up in a strange car, in a strange place, on the side of the road and no one is near to calm him? WTH? No adult to soothe him . . . no big sister to hug him? . . . cold day with no coat . . . could he get himself out of his car seat? Was he used to being buckled into his car seat for extended periods of time? (whether it was in a car or not?)

How scary if in fact what JB is telling us is the truth! He's 2 . . . does he have no one looking out for his welfare? And IIRC no verifiable pictures of him since mid September 2011?

If she purposefully secreted Sky into Canada or intentionally hurt him :(, I believe she did so for revenge against SM...and still would have MM for her bargining piece for support....and just pure Hello for SM in the future. But, because of the running out of gas excuse has me thinking it was an accident by neglect of some kind. Panic/stress that sent her reeling. If she would have said the car had just quit running for some reason it would have been more believable, imo. The odds of having a SO perp come by vs a good samaritian to report it are too great. JMO

I didn't know that she physically abused her kids to get pictures to blame on her husband. I'm wondering if she tried to take it to another level. Perhaps she thought she could poison Sky by giving him a dose of something that would make him sick either too sick to go to the father or something that she intended to blame on the father so that he would look guilty. Maybe she did something and it accidentally killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper