WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious as to the timing of Julia using her brother's car. I think it was stated somewhere that Julia was to return the car on the same date that little Sky was reported missing.

Did she call him one day and ask to use his car for 10 days and he delivered it THAT same day?

Or did she call him one day and make an appointment ahead of time to use his car and he delivered it at a later date?

I think that will help us determine if it was an "urgent, I gotta have a car NOW" kind of thing, or if it was a "I am planning ahead" kind of thing.

If it was an urgent type thing then it could indicate that there was an accident or a sudden fit of rage against little Sky.

If it was a plan ahead type thing then it could indicate a more pre-meditated action against little Sky.

The police report from when they'd left him in the car at Target lists his birth date as 9/2/09. Back to lurking... :seeya:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72321923/1364-001?secret_password=15yojo6t2ds5t6w1d937

Don't lurk! Join the convo!

LDTs are often useless on severely mentally ill people because they do have their own versions of reality and they often can't focus long enough to get through the test anyway. That said, Julia has apparently been functioning well enough to have primary custody of two small children. She should be able to take a LDT. Just my opinion.
Wherever Sky is, it is getting less and less likely they are going to find him...but maybe they will. I don't know why they haven't brought Julia in and broken her yet.

Like I said before, the police don't have the option of hauling a person in for questioning and "breaking" them. We have a constitutional right to silence. That is the law. Julia chose to speak to LE on the day her son went missing. Since then, she has refused to meet with them and the latest reports are that her attorney is not returning their calls. That is her right.

The police cannot force her to come into their station. They cannot force her to answer any question. Bringing her in and interrogating her is simply not an option for them.

I think my main problem with SM being a part of it is that I don't believe that SM and JB could ever ever work together to keep something like this quiet. Which means that SM would have to have acted alone. And that means that JB's story about running out of gas must be true and somehow SM took Sky or got something else to.

It just doesn't seem likely to me...

I do think everyone should be looked at, but I scratched him off on day one when I realized he just couldn't fit in anywhere.

He's considered a victim so any possible theories that may involve him are off limits on this board, apparently.

I think it's interesting that LE hasn't ruled anything out, he took one polygraph that came back inconclusive and was going to take another one but his attorney would not release the results.

Yes, let's do the right thing and look at Julia who afterall has OCD and many other mental illnesses (not confirmed but allowed to speculate here), didn't allow her hubby to use the toilet and starved/abused her kids without proof that she even did any of that.

Her story doesn't add up so she must be guilty of murdering her son.

At this point Sky's father is a victim. We are a victim friendly site. Sleuthing is not allowed at this point. He can be discussed as he is in the media. Thank you.

Ima

Bump!

He's considered a victim so any possible theories that may involve him are off limits on this board, apparently.

I think it's interesting that LE hasn't ruled anything out, he took one polygraph that came back inconclusive and was going to take another one but his attorney would not release the results.

Yes, let's do the right thing and look at Julia who afterall has OCD and many other mental illnesses (not confirmed but allowed to speculate here), didn't allow her hubby to use the toilet and starved/abused her kids without proof that she even did any of that.

BBM. Yes, it is looking more and more that way. Sadly.

Does anyone know what the source is for the information that Julia bought shoes and got her hair cut on Friday, November 4th? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Let's talk about responsibility for a minute. OCD or not, the court gave custody to JB. The reason that she is at the center of the story (as well as the speculation) is that while Sky was in her care, she told police she walked away from her car with a living child in it strapped in a car seat, and when she came back, he was gone.

She may not be guilty of abuse, and no one knows for sure if this was murder, but the fact is she is guilty of leaving an allegedly sick child alone in a car by the side of the road. And just in telling that story alone her logic is fuzzy to me, not to mention the fact that her car was never out of gas anyway.

We have to go back to who was on the scene the last time the child was alive, and that's the mother. Everything starts with her, and from there LE has to work backwards to figure out what happened to Sky.

ETA: And by the way, her OCD was confirmed in court papers, I believe, by an examiner for the custody case.

I suspect that what SM is seeing as MBP is probably more the byproduct of JB's abusive, manipulative, and self-serving behavior in general.

Sounds like since SM (says he) didn't bruise the kids, but the kids became bruised, that he is saying JB having MSBP could be the cause. But I'm not sure an isolated incident of a parent bruising a child to blame on the other parent would qualify as MSBP. I have had the misfortune of having known someone with MSBP and despite hundreds and hundreds of ER visits for the child in a year's time, and reporting by the hospitals that they suspected MSBP, and many others reporting, the psychologists I guess were unable to confirm it and this person got custody of the child back. I suspect a MSBP diagnosis means that person can never care for children again (nor care for anyone, no medical jobs, etc) so shrinks are hesitant to ever use the label unless it's cause on video or something. That's what it seems like anyway. So the fact that JB wasn't diagnosed with MSBP doesn't mean much, but SM's evidence for her having the disease seems a long stretch.

It is not as uncommon as some may think it is.. So with what I know I have no problem believing that Julia had ECT in Russia 20+ years ago..

I read a biography of a guy who had a few ECT treatments as a kid. He had been headstrong and acted up, and when nothing else worked to get him to calm down, a doctor who was a big promotor of ECT at the time convinced his parents to have the shock therapy done on him. If JB had the same experience, i could see how she would view it (especially as a kid) as "punishment" because she wouldn't conform to what parents/teachers/doctors wanted. But that's not how the parents/teachers/doctors would have viewed it.

I couldn't find the name of the biography i read, but i found an article with famous people who have had ECT (all within the past couple decades it seems) with positive and negative opinions on it. http://www.news-medical.net/health/Electroconvulsive-Therapy-Patient-Experience.aspx

It does seem to mess with people's memories and also (as I recall from the biography) seems to act like many antidepressants in that it reduces the depths and heights of peaks and valleys in mood.

I have said from day one that there were two sides to the fight, money and kids. SM used money, JB used the kids. I dont think he was innocent in that but the kid went missing in her care, not his. I also think JBs issues run much deeper than anything SM did to her.

I agree. Also worth noting that probably 85%+ divorces fall into the same money/kids power struggle.

Nah I think he lied to the cops and I`d like to know why. This was before they were married and he was facing deportation.

I think there's a reason why he used his brother's name with the police. Either he was already in trouble for something or it had to do with the deportation, or since she was still only 16 or 17 at the time, if his brother is younger and under 18, maybe he used his name so as not to get in trouble for being with a minor.

Does anyone know what the source is for the information that Julia bought shoes and got her hair cut on Friday, November 4th? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find it. Thanks!

I've only seen it theorized because of the ross bag, the change of shoes in the police released photos, the seeming change of hair color in the photos and the fact that there's a hair salon in the closes Ross shopping center. If any of that was factually proven, i haven't seen it either.

I wonder why there hasn't been anymore updates on this case. the news seems to be focused on the parents right now than on sky.

how do we know that solomon actually used his brother's name when he spoke to the police? for all we know, the article might have gotten that wrong. <snipped>

Might not be the only thing that particular article got wrong. It states that Julia and Solomon got married in his mother's kitchen whereas MSM reported that they got married in her mother's kitchen (and cited NB's own declaration as the source).

In another declaration, her mother, Nadia Biryukova, wrote that they married in 2003 in her kitchen just before he was to be deported to Pakistan.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2011/11/07/sky-metalwala-missing-was_n_1080847.html

Kirsten Joyce
Q13 Fox News reporter
10:29 p.m. PST, November 23, 2011

SEATTLE&#8212;
The father of missing 2-year-old Sky Metalwala charged his wife was suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, to the point where she would not allow any food into their home and would wash their shoes every day, according to documents obtained by Q13 Fox News.

Police said Child Protective Services had investigated and found that Biryukova had been hospitalized at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue for being suicidal. "At the hospital, it was reported that (she) wouldn't let food at the house. Theresa (CPS investigator) confirmed with the father that this was happening, but the father said he would take the children out to eat so they were being fed."

http://www.myfoxspokane.com/news/kc...into-their-residence-20111123,0,5050711.story

I wonder why there hasn't been anymore updates on this case. the news seems to be focused on the parents right now than on sky.

I'm still holding out hope that they found something of interest out in Watershed Park and are awaiting lab results on whatever it is they seized. That might take a few days. My other hope is that they are buying time with JB, making her anxious, and hoping she cracks on her own without them having to charge her with a crime that has little forensic evidence. The last time they went a while without a press conference, they said they didn't have anything new to present but then quickly came out with those surveillance photos of JB and recent pics of Sky in the sink. That was also around the time JB started uploading new pics on her flickr account, so I'm hoping this is all strategic on LE's part to smoke her out....and that they do, in fact, think they have something, but are waiting on confirmation. I keep coming back to those holes princesspjs (sp? -- sorry!) photographed at the park. Gave me chills.

Police said Child Protective Services had investigated and found that Biryukova had been hospitalized at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue for being suicidal. "At the hospital, it was reported that (she) wouldn't let food at the house. Theresa (CPS investigator) confirmed with the father that this was happening, but the father said he would take the children out to eat so they were being fed."

http://www.myfoxspokane.com/news/kc...into-their-residence-20111123,0,5050711.story

I think it's to be applauded that your posts are often in defense of parents, it seems like you don't want to be the one to throw a potentially innocent parent under the bus. I tend to be with you, as you know, in the LI case. Until there is evidence, I hate for parents to be accused of such a terrible crime against their children. I think I would completely dissolve if I had to face first a missing child, and then the world believing I would have hurt my child.

The things is, Soloman is a parent too. IMO we should be glad that he's being seen as a victim until any evidence surfaces.

Throwing him under the bus would be a horrible thing to add to this, unless there is evidence that we should IMO.

2 questions regarding JB's blog or website or whatever that had the recorded visitation swap.. Is it legal in WA to record audio of others? (I know videotape is usually allowed if no sound, or if it is obvious that the person is being recorded, or audio only if the person is aware or gives consent (eg leaving a voicemail or stating permission)) just not sure about audio only. I remember the Casey Anthony case had someone recording a conversation without notification and they almost got legal charges against them...

2nd question: JB mentions that SM didn't let her see M for 7 months.. when was this? Is there a timeline for their relationship/custody stuff anywhere?

TIA!

2 questions regarding JB's blog or website or whatever that had the recorded visitation swap.. Is it legal in WA to record audio of others? (I know videotape is usually allowed if no sound, or if it is obvious that the person is being recorded, or audio only if the person is aware or gives consent (eg leaving a voicemail or stating permission)) just not sure about audio only. I remember the Casey Anthony case had someone recording a conversation without notification and they almost got legal charges against them...

2nd question: JB mentions that SM didn't let her see M for 7 months.. when was this? Is there a timeline for their relationship/custody stuff anywhere?

TIA!

I'm not sure about WA laws, but in the radio interview SM said that both he and JB would record the children's exchanges because they were both told by their lawyers to do so...so, I think they were both aware it was being done.

I think the 7 months was prior to him filing for divorce in March of 2010. I think he and the kids went to stay with his mom after the foreclosure and when JB went into the hospital. I'd have to reference SM's declaration to be sure though.

Forgive my train of thought. I just got home from a class at school.

Ground penetrating radar should be used in the park. Every university would have the technology and the people that know how to use it to search in cases like these. It can show disturbed soil area as well as objects in the ground.

I also think the landfills need to be searched. I know that would be difficult since the exact date of being missing is not known but I sure would like to see some action in this case. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl