WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Sky, my days have been very stressful here at work trying to get everything tied up for year end. I am so terribly sad every time I come here and you still have not been found. I am terribly sad that your mom still has not found her heart.

I will tell you that when I open the front page, his little picture makes my heart warm. How could anyone not look at that beautiful little face and not feel pure joy?! What a darling little boy, missing, but not forgotten. You have earned a place in many stranger's hearts little Sky.

Gitana, I am so grateful to have you on this site -- you're always wonderful at clearing up confusion and I am appreciative for your expertise! I feel like I learn something new every day.

Does anyone recall what is the absolute last thing we heard from LE? As I recall it, they said they didn't have anything new to report and then, two or so days later, came out with the bombshell of surveillance photos and then a short while later searched Watershed Park, saying that they'd retrieved some items of interest that they were sending to a lab. I think that's the last we heard from them, right?

If that's the case, it makes me think we'll hear from them again soon -- if only to say that they haven't found anything new in the lab results. But, I don't think we're headed in that direction.

I'm so grateful, too!!!

I have my 2 year old great nephew here with me tonight (big treat getting to stay at Auntie's house :) ) and I just had to come here and post because my heart is breaking thinking that little Sky is out there somewhere. Watching Kaileb playing with the Christmas train we have and seeing his eyes get so big and wide looking at the presents under the tree......made this missing little boy even more real to me --- makes my heart hurt. I can't imagine how his dad and sister must feel without him around....this is such a PRECIOUS age.

Dear God, wherever Sky is - please keep him safe and warm - and let him have some Christmas magic.

Well, I have learned that there is reason to believe that there was possible evidence that Sky was deceased in JB's apartment. Considering where I learned this, I took it to mean there was a cadaver dog hit. :(

I have no way to verify this, so if MODS don't think this should be here please remove.

TIA

I'm grateful for any bit of info, no matter how small, even if it is disheartening, because it may indicate that we might be one step closer to the truth and to Sky.

Ugh, the thought of him starving to death is horrible, as someone supposed up thread. You know, reading how he touches all of us here, how everyone wants to envision him warm and safe and happy, how no one can understand how he couldn't have touched his mother's heart, well, frankly, I'm thinking she must have been very ill not to have put this little baby first, to not have protected him and lived to make him happy.

I'm not a psychologist. I don't know how this works, so it's hard to me to understand. I remember first hearing about Andrea Yates and I was steadfast in believing that she is evil. I thought, I don't care how mentally ill a person is, mother's instinct should have broken through the fog of psychosis at some point as she drowned all five of her children, one by one. Some instinct should have prevented those murders, or at least stopped her from continuing on.

But then I read a book about the case and gained a new perspective. I can't say that I understand it or such serious mental illness, but I realized I was probably missing something and needed to try to understand. Because Andrea Yates now essentially lives in hell, in an endless cycle of getting stable mentally on medication, then realizing what she's done and going crazy again. It is horrific and it made me realize how sick she actually must have been.

I can't actually categorize Julia the same way, though, because she didn't call the police and calmly announce what she did. She is hiding what happened, hiding Sky and continuing to cause heartbreak. That tells me she is cognizant to some degree of the wrongfulness of her actions and lucid enough to try to get out of trouble.

Yet, her husband warned that she was severely mentally ill and that something like this could happen and it did. I wish those with psych backgrounds could explain a bit more how mental illness could cause something like this and if so, how ill can a person be if they are hiding what they've done, what would the possible cycle be if a person killed a child during psychosis, or allowed a child to die because their illness was too powerful for them to care for the child, etc., what happens after such an event in their minds? My instinct tells me that we will hear more from such people. That their illness will prevent them from keeping quiet. I want to know what the professionals can say. Rougelatete? Anyone else?

It looks like they are just handing fliers out. They don't know where to look and I don't think anyone but one person has a clue where this baby is. Water, forest, landfill - the possibilities are endless. I lose heart over these cases.

This makes me sick -here we go again... just count the babies -and the sweet, sweet boys from my neck of the woods -Kyron, and Sky. How can people be so clever as to elude such professionals involved? And now baby Ayla in Maine.

What gives? Is this new, or is it just new to me, since Kyron went missing -was the first time I ever even tuned into these tragedies...

I'm grateful for any bit of info, no matter how small, even if it is disheartening, because it may indicate that we might be one step closer to the truth and to Sky.

Ugh, the thought of him starving to death is horrible, as someone supposed up thread. You know, reading how he touches all of us here, how everyone wants to envision him warm and safe and happy, how no one can understand how he couldn't have touched his mother's heart, well, frankly, I'm thinking she must have been very ill not to have put this little baby first, to not have protected him and lived to make him happy.

I'm not a psychologist. I don't know how this works, so it's hard to me to understand. I remember first hearing about Andrea Yates and I was steadfast in believing that she is evil. I thought, I don't care how mentally ill a person is, mother's instinct should have broken through the fog of psychosis at some point as she drowned all five of her children, one by one. Some instinct should have prevented those murders, or at least stopped her from continuing on.

But then I read a book about the case and gained a new perspective. I can't say that I understand it or such serious mental illness, but I realized I was probably missing something and needed to try to understand. Because Andrea Yates now essentially lives in hell, in an endless cycle of getting stable mentally on medication, then realizing what she's done and going crazy again. It is horrific and it made me realize how sick she actually must have been.

I can't actually categorize Julia the same way, though, because she didn't call the police and calmly announce what she did. She is hiding what happened, hiding Sky and continuing to cause heartbreak. That tells me she is cognizant to some degree of the wrongfulness of her actions and lucid enough to try to get out of trouble.

Yet, her husband warned that she was severely mentally ill and that something like this could happen and it did. I wish those with psych backgrounds could explain a bit more how mental illness could cause something like this and if so, how ill can a person be if they are hiding what they've done, what would the possible cycle be if a person killed a child during psychosis, or allowed a child to die because their illness was too powerful for them to care for the child, etc., what happens after such an event in their minds? My instinct tells me that we will hear more from such people. That their illness will prevent them from keeping quiet. I want to know what the professionals can say. Rougelatete? Anyone else?

I agree. I actually just started tearing up reading these last few posts. Poor little guy, he was born to a great daddy, it seems, and a sick mommy. Unfortunately, the courts made the wrong decision by granting JB custody, especially knowing about her being suicidal and everything. So sad that something like this had to happen for them to realize their mistake and grant custody of M to her daddy. I hope she is doing alright with him, and remembers him as he was, and not how JB told her to say he was. I hope she is much much happier, even without her little baby brother. God bless this family, hopefully we see movement in this case during the holidays!

The reason I am leaning towards this being the case:

JB has yet to be arrested. If LE had any real indication that she killed Sky (and I don’t think they do), don’t you think they would’ve arrested her by now? They have enough to get her on child endangerment. I can’t see LE letting someone who they believe killed their child walk the streets for this long. It is in LE’s best interest to keep JB out of jail right now and let her do her thing (which seems to be playing around on the internet). At some point, she will do something that will lead them to the person that has Sky, they are just patiently waiting. There is one search going on right now, but there hasn’t been any in weeks. Why aren’t LE out searching more thoroughly? Because they don’t think there is a body to search for. It’s also pretty clear that JB isn’t a very good liar, this was made obvious after LE found the car to have gas in it. Do you really think she killed her son and has been able to elude police for this long? I don’t.

Respectfully disagree. The best and perhaps only shot they have here is to wait and watch for Julia to screw up or for new evidence to surface. In the same way that homicidal parents learned from Casey, so did Law Enforcement. We have a populace trained by television and schools to be incapable of critical thinking. The don't even understand what a term like "reasonable doubt" even means.

Hell, you can even see this at play in these forums. When talking about posters here at websleauths we at least know that everyone can read and has an interest in these cases, and they are certainly more savy than the average, yet how often have we seen people even here ignore an overwhelming preponderance of evidence in order to equate unanswered questions about trivialities, or even their gut feelings, with innocence? How much worse then a jury, where they know nothing about crimes of this sort, know nothing of the statistics, know nothing really about what is and is not possible in terms of real forensic science, and form their conclusions based on the magical and instant ironclad verdicts from TV programs.

Respectfully disagree. The best and perhaps only shot they have here is to wait and watch for Julia to screw up or for new evidence to surface.

Respectfully snipped and bbm. Imo, this is EXACTLY what LE is doing.

I'm curious to find out if JB will make the effort to see her daughter. I don't think she will, but if she does her visits will be scrutinized and watched carefully by a court ordered 3rd party supervisor. It may be during one of those supervised visits JB screws up and her communications with M will help LE break this case wide open.

JMO

Respectfully disagree. The best and perhaps only shot they have here is to wait and watch for Julia to screw up or for new evidence to surface. In the same way that homicidal parents learned from Casey, so did Law Enforcement. We have a populace trained by television and schools to be incapable of critical thinking. The don't even understand what a term like "reasonable doubt" even means.

Hell, you can even see this at play in these forums. When talking about posters here at websleauths we at least know that everyone can read and has an interest in these cases, and they are certainly more savy than the average, yet how often have we seen people even here ignore an overwhelming preponderance of evidence in order to equate unanswered questions about trivialities, or even their gut feelings, with innocence? How much worse then a jury, where they know nothing about crimes of this sort, know nothing of the statistics, know nothing really about what is and is not possible in terms of real forensic science, and form their conclusions based on the magical and instant ironclad verdicts from TV programs.

resp.bbm = Chris, I agree with you, however, I could also quote that line and add .."with guilty" at the end of it. There are some that don't like the way a person responds to media/or lack of, their lifestyle, their associates, their manners, clothing, hairstyle etc...and no matter how the evidence stacks up they cry out for throwing them in jail.
I've often stated that I'm glad we aren't judge and jury or some people would simply walk away from their crime while innocent people would be thrown to the wolves.
There is no doubt reading different posts that not all the info strikes people the same way. There are some vehemently for and just as strongly against...even when we all have the same info. Some people won't let go of one particular issue even if it's minor to others or not even valid to the case. Just goes to show different personalities!
All we can do is hope and pray that LE is gathering up every iota of information and that someone will eventually be made to pay for taking these sweet babies ~ or even better that they are found safe and sound and returned to their loved ones.
Merry Christmas everyone ~ I hope 2012 brings fewer cases of missing people!

resp.bbm = Chris, I agree with you, however, I could also quote that line and add .."with guilty" at the end of it. There are some that don't like the way a person responds to media/or lack of, their lifestyle, their associates, their manners, clothing, hairstyle etc...and no matter how the evidence stacks up they cry out for throwing them in jail.
I've often stated that I'm glad we aren't judge and jury or some people would simply walk away from their crime while innocent people would be thrown to the wolves.
There is no doubt reading different posts that not all the info strikes people the same way. There are some vehemently for and just as strongly against...even when we all have the same info. Some people won't let go of one particular issue even if it's minor to others or not even valid to the case. Just goes to show different personalities!
All we can do is hope and pray that LE is gathering up every iota of information and that someone will eventually be made to pay for taking these sweet babies ~ or even better that they are found safe and sound and returned to their loved ones.

Quoted for, well just for emphasis. Very well said.

Respectfully snipped and bbm. Imo, this is EXACTLY what LE is doing.

I'm curious to find out if JB will make the effort to see her daughter. I don't think she will, but if she does her visits will be scrutinized and watched carefully by a court ordered 3rd party supervisor. It may be during one of those supervised visits JB screws up and her communications with M will help LE break this case wide open.

JMO

I agree. I keep thinking maybe with JB's OCD she would feel compelled to "check" on where she put Sky. Unfortunately, she may have put him somewhere where that is not possible. . .like in the trash. . .a dumpster. . .etc. . . .or a body of water.

If there was one question I could ask LE, it would be if they found the stroller. I think they believe that JB disappeared Sky before she had her brother's car. Knowing that would shed some light on where to search for him.

Where are you, Sky? :(

This makes me sick -here we go again... just count the babies -and the sweet, sweet boys from my neck of the woods -Kyron, and Sky. How can people be so clever as to elude such professionals involved? And now baby Ayla in Maine.

What gives? Is this new, or is it just new to me, since Kyron went missing -was the first time I ever even tuned into these tragedies...

I think there has been a rash of these cases. Kyron, Gabriel, Aliayah, Baby Lisa, Jhessye, Hasani, Ayla, Sky, Baby Kate, Haleigh, Hailey, not to mention the missing moms like Michelle Parker, Susan Powell, Stacey Peterson, etc., etc. Children and wives who likely were harmed by those closest to them, who disappear without a trace and whoever did these crimes, appears to be getting away with it.

We have had such cases in the past, but it seems like we have had so many more in the last few years. I think people have learned "too much" from shows like Law and Order, CSI, true crime shows which show how people confess and are caught, and publicized trials which show how people get caught, or don't. I think people are realizing that if they hide the body well enough and keep their mouths shut, they can get away with it.

Remember the good ol' days, when most cases were like Tyler Dasher's? When a kid went missing, body was found soon after and parent confessed when interrogated by a seasoned professional?

We need a new plan.

I agree. I keep thinking maybe with JB's OCD she would feel compelled to "check" on where she put Sky. Unfortunately, she may have put him somewhere where that is not possible. . .like in the trash. . .a dumpster. . .etc. . . .or a body of water.

If there was one question I could ask LE, it would be if they found the stroller. I think they believe that JB disappeared Sky before she had her brother's car. Knowing that would shed some light on where to search for him.

Where are you, Sky? :(

BBM
I've wondered that too. IIRC M supposedly told them Sky was with them in the car that day. If she was as motherly toward him as reported - HOW could she have left him behind in the car - since he was supposedly sick enough to go to the hospital?? Which makes me think he wasn't there and she was coached to say he was by mom possibly?

I know small children often don't understand danger as we adults do, but they often have strong attachments to others as well as objects (ie - favorite blankie or binkies) and can raise quite a ruckus when separated from them. So, what really happened that day?

BBM
I've wondered that too. IIRC M supposedly told them Sky was with them in the car that day. If she was as motherly toward him as reported - HOW could she have left him behind in the car - since he was supposedly sick enough to go to the hospital?? Which makes me think he wasn't there and she was coached to say he was by mom possibly?

I know small children often don't understand danger as we adults do, but they often have strong attachments to others as well as objects (ie - favorite blankie or binkies) and can raise quite a ruckus when separated from them. So, what really happened that day?

I agree with those who believe M may have seen something wrapped in a blanket that her mother told her was Sky. Don't think he made it into the car alive that day.

I think there has been a rash of these cases. Kyron, Gabriel, Aliayah, Baby Lisa, Jhessye, Ayla, Sky, Baby Kate, Haleigh, Hailey, not to mention the missing moms like Michelle Parker, Susan Powell, Stacey Peterson, etc., etc. Children and wives who likely were harmed by those closest to them, who disappear without a trace and whoever did these crimes, appears to be getting away with it.

We have had such cases in the past, but it seems like we have had so many more in the last few years. I think people have learned "too much" from shows like Law and Order, CSI, true crime shows which show how people confess and are caught, and publicized trials which show how people get caught, or don't. I think people are realizing that if they hide the body well enough and keep their mouths shut, they can get away with it.

Remember the good ol' days, when most cases were like Tyler Dasher's? When a kid went missing, body was found soon after and parent confessed when interrogated by a seasoned professional?

We need a new plan.

BBM
AMEN!
And books - true crime stories, murder mysteries, etc... are full of tips and I'm sure are used as "how-to get away with it" manuals. These have affected society so much that when people die I sometimes even find myself wondering what really happened....YIKES!

:blushing:

What if she is telling the truth and he was abducted?

Something has been in the back of my mind. If it's been discussed previously, please forgive.

About passports and travel with children. How does that work? Couldn't someone basically wrap up a child, use a passport that resembles them quite closely and take them to another country?

I know the idea is simplistic, but if a friend or family member - ie cousin etc has a child who closely resembles yours whisks one in a difficult situation away all the while using the situation to point a finger at the supposed-offending spouse? When my cousin and I were small children - we often couldn't be told apart. Looking back at pictures we sometimes still can't.

Please forgive my ignorance, I know there are visas etc, but could it be a possibility?

bbm

Yes we do. In your country and mine, she is innocent until proven guilty and until today at 6:35 pm EST the last time I checked she wasn't guilty of anything in the eyes of the law. She's walking free.

She is innocent in the eyes of the courts, which means that her liberty and property cannot be taken from her without her facing facing and being found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of her peers. That's all that means. She is not "innocent" in the eyes of law enforcement -- they are free to assume that she is as guilty as the evidence suggests, and they are free to act upon this information within the limits of the law.

Nor is this legal presumption of innocence a shackle on us, as individuals. As members of society and hopefully reasonable responsible adults, we have an obligation to consider the evidence, weight it, apply our best possible judgement, and reach conclusions. As adults we are not allowed to wander in a cloud of indecision, unless that is where the evidence leads.

In THIS case we know that a felony took place -- even if mom only secreted her son, it's a felony. Sadly, we also know, based upon the evidence (or lack in this case) that this crime is nothing so innocent. Little Sky is likely dead, killed by his mother's indifference and insanity, or through a deliberate and calculated act of evil.

We know that she threatened to murder this child. We know she was institutionalized for her potentially violent mental illness multiple times. We know that she has a history of lying and manipulation, and feels comfortable lying to the police. We know that she was the last person seen with her son. We know that her story of the events of that final day were a lie. We know that her son is now missing and she refuses to cooperate with the people who want to see him discovered or returned. We know that since his disappearance she has done nothing to assist in his discovery: she has not gone to the media, she has not handed out fliers, she has not plead with his mythical kidnappers for his return, she has only lied to the police. She has, instead, posted on the internet looking to prostitute herself out for money. We know that no adult had seen any hint of Sky for at least two weeks prior to Julia reporting him missing. We know that Julia, who did not work, had plenty of time to watch and follow carefully the Casey Anthony trial.

These are all things that we KNOW. They are pieces of data, evidence, that we can use to form an intellient decision about what likely occured.

They are not absolute proof, but then nothing ever is -- including your impressions of an event that you personally witnessed. DNA is not proof, fingerprints are not proof, a video tape of the crime is not proof, a signed confession is not proof. All these things, like the facts relayed above, are just evidence. A jury must decide if the evidence surpasses any REASONABLE doubt, a deliberately high standard. We are not so constrained when it comes to forming our opinions.

What if she is telling the truth and he was abducted?

I am, of course, open to considering this if there is ANY evidence at all to support it.

A theory advanced without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Do you have any evidence that this might have happened?

Of course. I have seen people leap to a "guilty" verdict here based on nothing more than a two or three SECOND long portion of edited video. It goes both ways, we all do it sometimes too -- or I do at any rate.

Fortunately, there are enough people here who are grounded that this is not as much of a problem as it is elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro