WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over and out for now. Will be back at 3:30 today.

I looked at *a lot* of pictures, and I think she was somewhat organic/earthy/holistic. Whether or not she was doing it to impress peers, I have no idea. But in those pictures, there was "wholesome" type of snacks, a heavy-duty juice machine, a picture of the children's homeopathic center where they took the daughter, lots of fruits on the counter, the kids eating salads, etc.

Just an observation...

Bouncing off my own post...

As a mental health professional and as someone who has suffered from debilitating anxiety coupled with depression in the past, I can tell you that there are many homeopathic/holistic practitioners who do not believe that medication is necessary for mental illness. We have a homeopathic pediatrician (who is also an MD) and she is very well balanced in her approach. However, I have seen others try to tell me to stop taking Prozac when I was taking it years ago, telling me to take vitamins and exercise. I ignored them because - while exercise and vitamins may help in the long run - I had a child to take care of and needed to get out of the bed every day. THAT was my first priority and the quickest way there was the one I chose.

The reason I'm saying this is - I wonder if the mom saw some holistic folks herself (or just did some reading or whatever) and was convinced that she didn't need her own meds? I'm not saying that holistic methods aren't helpful or that all holistic-type of practitioners would recommend that course of action. But I do know that they are out there.

Just a thought as I was wondering about what could have contributed to a possible breakdown and let her slide down a slippery slope. MOO

Any reaction from her "camp," her attorney from yesterday's PC? Mike hasn't heard.

He believes Julia holds the key to finding Sky.

No more additional searches planned.

I honestly don't understand the no additional searches. It hasn't even been a week.

Why hasn't the father taken his second poly. It was suppose to be done yesterday!

I honestly don't understand the no additional searches. It hasn't even been a week.

Maybe they pulled some security camera footage from the place where she lives and saw that she left with M and a blanket and no Sky. If that were the case, and no one has seen the child in 2 weeks and security camera footage proves the same, then maybe they just don't want to waste resources on a wild goose chase.

The fact that they have no more searches planned is very telling, IMO.

Julia said she had difficulty with her car - ran out of gas and had been running badly. They will take it out for a test drive.

Respectfully snipped. Oh, and running badly is added to the mix? Ya, riiight. If her very sick child was so ill he needed to be immediately taken to the hospital, we're supposed to believe she takes him in a car on E (or almost on E) without her purse and her cell phone and doesn't call for an ambulance or call someone for a ride? GMAB. This womans story has more holes in it than swiss cheese!

JMO

Maybe they pulled some security camera footage from the place where she lives and saw that she left with M and a blanket and no Sky. If that were the case, and no one has seen the child in 2 weeks and security camera footage proves the same, then maybe they just don't want to waste resources on a wild goose chase.

The fact that they have no more searches planned is very telling, IMO.

I hope so, because otherwise I imagine it would be hard to pin down her timeline if she has secluded herself and the kids from mostly everyone.

Not a lot new to report. One thing that's come up, the Amber alert system. Reserved for very specific criteria. In the absence of specific suspect information, it's didn't fall in line with an amber alert. The criteria didn't fit and we didn't do an Amber alert.

Looking at the vehicle some more throughout the day, mechanical inspection. The car is in our secure vehicle lab.
What could a test drive tell? Could tell us how the vehicle is functioning, if it has any mechanical problems. It's something we need to check off in our investigation.
Julia's told us she's had difficulty in her car, told us not running right I believe, need to rule it out.

When will they say Julia is a person of interest? It's something they'll talk about today.
What are they doing to put pressure on Julia? Gather information, continue to use all of our resources to find him. Eventually they expect to set up another interview with Julia, doesn't know when or it.

They would extend an invitation. If the status changes for her, and she becomes a suspect, they could subpoena her. They haven't asked her if she's watched the Law and Order episode.
They may put similar amount of fuel in the car to test it, but he doesn't know the extent of the investigation.

They believe Julia holds the key to the investigation.
It's a fine line that we're walking in regards to the timing of the investigation and what's best to do. When the time comes and we feel we should ask for additional clarification from Julia, they'll do that.

Julia's network of family and friends extends beyond the US and this particular state and we've reached out to all those people for specific information.
Polygraphs: Another person that they haven't scheduled. A close friend. And the father, Solomon.
I don't know anything about Julia's mental state in the last couple of weeks.

I don't want to discuss what other people around her have said about her mental state in the past couple of weeks.
Is the investigation extended beyond Washington? They don't have any evidence to say Sky is beyond the area of the apartment or where the car was.
Searched a small storage locker at the apartment building—no evidentiary value.

We've heard about using drugs to put him to sleep and they are trying to document that as part of the investigation.

Okay, see you at 3:30.

bbm....:waitasec:

The part at the very end about drugging the child/children to get them to sleep seems pretty important. As people here have speculated, that could have easily led to death, especially over an 11 hour mediation. I just feel sick for the poor daughter.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Sky was in fact deceased prior to the 11 hour mediation.

Perhaps that's the reason it took so long because Julia was adamant on SM not being able to see Sky (because he is deceased) and after 11 hours she finally just gave up with the full intention on calling the next day to say she "felt pressured" and cancelling everything.

this would give Julia two weeks to put Sky almost anywhere.

JMO

I hope so, because otherwise I imagine it would be hard to pin down her timeline if she has secluded herself and the kids from mostly everyone.

I am also wondering if LE didn't also take a page from the Anthony Saga and have decided to just keep everything quiet. The advantage of not arresting her, since she has already has a lawyer is that they don't have to start handing anything over until after an arrest has been made.

I don't know, but if the child could have been missing as late as nearly 3 weeks out, then it may be a situation where they are just stuck trying to get her to answer and since she is only answering through her lawyer, it may be difficult to get any valuable information that will be solid enough to take them to Sky.

Uh oh, no more additional searches planned speaks volumes. :(

When he said that, i thought the same thing PLUS when stating that he thinks he's still local means that something is leaning toward that theory... I think LE is forming their opinions about what is really going on...

especially when they think he is still in the area!!! :banghead:

It makes no sense. It's like they're talking in code. Why another presser at 3:30 when there is nothing?

Weird.

they searched exhaustively around the car and could find no trace of him.... ground zero currently seems to be around redmond. It is a shame that LE has to work thru an attorney and at arms length from mom and her fantastical story...

I am sure if they get a lead or information that indicates a need for an actual search they will do that... LE is seriously dealing with multiple cans of worms in finding this child imhoo.. :twocents:

I am officially befuddled...

Leave a 2 yo in an unlocked car on the side of a road but take your 4 yo with you?
Leave your 3 mo in the car at Target cause you didn't want to wake him up? WTF kind of idiocy is that?

Good grief I can't take anymore innocent "missing" babies...

I truly can't believe they have not had cadaver dogs take a whiff of that blanket, car or apt. Nope. Maybe it is the reason they have halted the searches for the time being? :(

also, the twice daily briefings keep the story in the media... I think LE needs people to call in tips and leads, etc...

Even if they say, 'we have nothing more' I am all for that...

We've heard about using drugs to put him to sleep and they are trying to document that as part of the investigation.

Okay, see you at 3:30.

Snipped by me, respectfully for space

:thud: Really?

The press conference cut out for me just before the end. Well, I wonder what drugs she was using. I guess I can add that possibility to my list of similarities. Ugh! :furious: This is going to end very badly.

I am officially befuddled...

Leave a 2 yo in an unlocked car on the side of a road but take your 4 yo with you?
Leave your 3 mo in the car at Target cause you didn't want to wake him up? WTF kind of idiocy is that?

Good grief I can't take anymore innocent "missing" babies...

further yet... I thought to myself... was M*** taken into the target that day? If so why is she always taken with and Sky left behind in a car?

I would like to hear a reporter ask this question (if M*** was with her parents in target that day..... as she would have been around Sky's current age now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo