Identified! WA - Snohomish Co., WhtFem 516UFWA, 15-22, hitchhiker, Aug 1977 - Lisa Roberts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking about the what David Roth has told the Police and I don't think that it is her denying his sexual advances that caused him to strangle and shoot her.There must be something else that triggered him off. I have heard that he said he now thinks that it was because she told him that the two guys she was living with would hurt him. But he choked her first, it would seem like he would shoot her first if he was acting out of fear.

Also, I think she was staying somewhere in Everett, because she didn't have any change of clothes, money.

It could be possible that the two men that she lived with were involved in some illegal activities like selling drug and didn't report her missing because they didn't want any police attention.

I might check to see if there was anything going on in Everett or Seattle around that time she might have been going to.

i have been thinking the same things for years, so i am glad to hear someone else shares my humble opinion.

i know from research that there was a huge drug bust in everett around the time. i will redig for the link. i had thought that might be a possible connection...but it appears everyone was apprehended.

i will post the link when i find it so we can all look into it :)

I'm an Everett girl myself, born and bred and have known about this girl for much of my life.

I noticed up-thread a mention of Carlene Tengelsen. Does anyone know if she was ever called in?

I'm an Everett girl myself, born and bred and have known about this girl for much of my life.

I noticed up-thread a mention of Carlene Tengelsen. Does anyone know if she was ever called in?

I saw one other post about her but I don't think anyone has called her in. Yea. The chipped front tooth and the height are pretty good for a match.

I have seen a lot of possibilities. Many that weren't in the rule out list I might call in the batch tomorrow. See if anything comes of it.

Also do anyone have the old reconstruction of SJD? I have always been curios to see it and I can't seem to find it on the web?

I have never seen it. If you are going to talk to Snohomish LE I am sure they will share it with you if they have it. They have always been super responsive and helpful...

ima sanders?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11209/148

height similar. possible runaway. kind of a long distance, but not necessarily over three years--and dentist did think SJD was originally from somewhere in the east. also looks like she might have front tooth chip....

whoops. just noticed she had been ruled out by dentals. Must pay better attention.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc%20405/serial%20killers/Roth,%20Randy%20-%202005.pdf

Useful background about SJD's murderer's family. As has been mentioned before, his brother Randy was convicted of murdering several wives in insurance scams.

A couple of new insights from the link....Randy, prior to moving back to Lynwood, lived in Portland. Definite background of juvenile criminal behaviors.

Also re-read the passage in Ann Rule's A Rose for Her Grave that describes David as "well over six feet tall" with pockmarks from "scars of teenage acne."

David at the time of his crime was living in Lynwood with his mother. Randy went to Meadowlake High School...most likely David did too, graduating in 1975.

SJD was found near Mariner High School. She was strangled and shot in the head seven times. David told a friend the day before her discovery he had been driving near Boeing's Everett plant and saw her hitchhiking.

Also interesting from Rule's account was story of mother and sister at David's trial praying loudly and being disruptive in court. Court appointed psych. said David had "abnormally" close relationship with mother.

The whole picking her up at Boeing plant differs from other accounts that he picked her up near Silver Lake after swimming. Silver Lake is closer to Mariner HS...but why lie to his buddy right after the crime?

I think DRs stories are pretty hinky in general, but I thought I would share some of these new/old accounts because I have been pondering it a lot.

I just can't help feeling that the overkill was meant to disguise her identity or rage, because he knew her.

I know a lot of other people have thought in the past SJD might have been a pro...which is why the Boeing thing is interesting to me because that might be a lucrative place for pros to walk and for johns to troll. Do any of the locals who lurk have an opinion about this, either based on memory or based on local stories?

Also, was there or is there a rivalry between Meadowlake and Mariner?

Here's a new NamUs casefile.

Theresa Kay Davis

2048521150045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
photophp.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14223/1

Her listed height (5'6") is a little short for Snohomish County Jane Doe. But she has a pretty strong resemblance.

Also, her age at the time of disappearance is not listed, but she would probably be at the upper end of SCJD's age range.

Looks very similar, Carl. Perhaps she was trying to get back to her sister's place in Tacoma (from AK, possibly) and got caught up with the wrong person in Everett.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14228/178

Here is another MP from King County, 1975. Was known to hitchhike.

Wallet was found in 1978 in Wenatchee Forest. She's also a little on the short side for SJD...

I saw that. But she doesn't appear to be of the same racial background as our Jane Doe. She appears to be partly Asian or Native American.

I thought about that, but I also noticed that the rule out list includes other MPs of different racial heritage.

Plus, the referral to a tan makes me wonder if she might have had a mixed heritage that made her prone to darker skin.

In any case, I am thrilled at the momentum of LE, especially in WA, with uploading cases to NAMUS!

Bumping...anniversary coming up in a week.

This girl was murdered 35 years ago this week. Still no positive identification.

I wonder if this unidentified girl might be Margaret Kay Holst, age 18, who disappeared from Omaha, Nebraska on 4 August 1977.

View a photo of Margaret Kay Holst, 18, missing 4 August 1977 from Omaha, NE at:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2589dfne.html

View a composite sketch of an unidentified homicide victim from 1977 (Courtesy of Snohomish County Sheriff's Office) at:

http://www.theheraldbusinessjournal.com/article/20080501/NEWS01/97575371/0/images

LINK to Margaret's thread on Websleuths Missing Forum:

NE NE - Margaret Kay Holst, 18, Omaha, 4 Aug 1977 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

here is the last list of rule outs we have:

Maria Florence Anjiras 08-10-61 DNA
Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone 04-22-60 DNA
Rose Lena Cole 12-23-56 DNA
Mary Rachael Trlica 11-15-57 DNA
Corinne June Groenenberg 10-14-57 DNA
Debra T. Pscholka 11-07-58 DNA
Roxanne Marie Sims 11-25-58 DNA
Kimberly Ann Stewart 03-22-56 DNA/Dental
Cherry Ann Greenman 05-07-56 DNA/Prints
Danuta Theresa Vann 11-12-54 Fingerprints
Myrna Loy Stone 02-16-39 Fingerprints