WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he looks very similar to Lyle. Looking at that second picture of Shawn, the one with the headband, you can see that he has a prominent mole on his chin in the same place as Lyle. There are other moles that are a little lighter on the cheek in Shawn's photo, and I believe Lyle had similar ones when looking at the PM from the hotel scene photos. The noses might be a little different in my opinion, but it's hard to say. Intriguing suggestion regardless, I don't think I would have spotted the similarities right away.

the isotope test places lyle in southern cali...
At this point, does the isotope test actually definitively place Lyle in southern California? The full isotope report isn't back yet (according to Reddit), so I'm not sure at this point we can say that the isotope test definitively puts him in any one specific place; all we can say is that it doesn't rule southern California out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lylestevik/comments/4do9ej/the_isotope_testing_weve_also_been_patiently/

Reddit imgr map: http://m.imgur.com/TG099xa from this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/lylestevik/comments/4dogpj/lyles_isotope_results_in_visual_map_form_read_the/

Why were the istotope results posted on Reddit instead of being released through the media and posted somewhere the rest of us can see it? How do we even know it's real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why were the istotope results posted on Reddit instead of being released through the media and posted somewhere the rest of us can see it? How do we even know it's real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know (not a Redditor), but my guess is because they (a group on Reddit) requested/paid for it, and since isotope tests aren't definitive evidence, the media probably wouldn't be interested in the results since they weren't commissioned/released by LE as a proven "lead." I only meant to point out that California seems to be a possibility, not a probability. Being unsure of the reliability of the isotope results just adds to the iffy-ness of southern California being a definite for Lyle. I just think we need to be careful about saying things like "the isotope test places lyle in south cali" when that doesn't seem to be the case with what we actually know right now--that's how rumors get started and pass from lore into "fact," and people mistakenly stop looking at non-southern California possibilities.

ETA: As far as I know, most Reddit threads are open to the general public; you just can't post there without an account (but you can read). I found the isotope map by googling "Lyle Stevik isotope"; I didn't have to be a member of Reddit to read it. So the results are somewhere the rest of us can see it.

This mp may have nothing to do with Lyle, but just in case she has something to do with Lyle choosing Grey H. as his last place to lay his head, noting here.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/flink_laura.html
Laura L. Flink
flink_laura.jpg

Above Images: Flink

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 21, 1969 from Pacific Beach, Grays Harbor County, Washington
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 15, 1947
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Clothing: Green sweatshirt, green stretch pants, moccasin shoes, and a gold corduroy jacket.
AKA: Sam, Laura Bondurant, Laura Lewis
Case Number: 69-03497

Details of Disappearance
Laura was last seen at approximately 4:00pm driving on County Road 101 towards Pacific Beach, WA.

Her vehicle, described as a red, two door, 1967 Ford Ranchero, was located abandoned on February 24, 1969 in the 700 block of J Street in Hoquiam, WA.
rbbm.

I don't know (not a Redditor), but my guess is because they (a group on Reddit) requested/paid for it, and since isotope tests aren't definitive evidence, the media probably wouldn't be interested in the results since they weren't commissioned/released by LE as a proven "lead." I only meant to point out that California seems to be a possibility, not a probability. Being unsure of the reliability of the isotope results just adds to the iffy-ness of southern California being a definite for Lyle. I just think we need to be careful about saying things like "the isotope test places lyle in south cali" when that doesn't seem to be the case with what we actually know right now--that's how rumors get started and pass from lore into "fact," and people mistakenly stop looking at non-southern California possibilities.

ETA: As far as I know, most Reddit threads are open to the general public; you just can't post there without an account (but you can read). I found the isotope map by googling "Lyle Stevik isotope"; I didn't have to be a member of Reddit to read it. So the results are somewhere the rest of us can see it.

The people on Lyle's Reddit are dedicated to getting him identified. They've been in contact with his LE/ME and I believe they suggested the isotopes. At some point I hope LE will reach out to the media. What we've found is there are no articles about Lyle.

Thanks. That kind of half-answered my question, which I wasn't very clear about. How do we know this is authentic? Did LE really turn over samples to some random online group?

Thanks. That kind of half-answered my question, which I wasn't very clear about. How do we know this is authentic? Did LE really turn over samples to some random online group?

No, LE contacted the company that does it. Reddit didn't do anything except suggest it.

Will these tests be able to tell if Lyle was Native American or not? :thinking:

UPDATE . o had a email back from the sherriffs of ... he said it has been scietifically proven that Shawn Lone Wolf Christman isnt lyle stevik... one more down

Will these tests be able to tell if Lyle was Native American or not? :thinking:

Not directly. They'd indicate if the water he drank matched water on a reservation--but of course not all Native Americans live on the reservation, and many people who don't identify as native have native genes in their ancestry. So it's complicated.

Here ´s a new suggestion for Lyle:
Roger Schwerman http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/676dmca.html
Missing from California in 1993, very thin build, same height as Lyle. Grew up in Alabama, so matches the isotopes tests results. He was depressed and awaiting cancer screening tests.
I think there is a strong resemblance.

The earlobes though. :-/

True, but I think Lyle's earlobes look completely attached because they are so streched due to his position. And Roger's earlobes might be somewhat attached, I can't tell so much in the picture.

Mostly I think the face shape, the chin and jawline match. Lips are full for both men. Noses could match. The tip of Lyle's nose is distended, but it was at least 8 years in between photos. The bridge of the nose and the eyebrows match. Similar hairlines, but an 8 year lapse could explain any differences. Hair looks very similar. Height would match.

The eyelashes are a but if a problem. Roger seems to have a thick, almost double lashes, giving him natural eyeliner. They look curled in the photo. Lyle seems to have thinner straighter lashes.

And I agree about the earlobes, but I don't think the pic of Roger is enough to rule him out.

Missing from California in 1993, very thin build, same height as Lyle. Grew up in Alabama, so matches the isotopes tests results. He was depressed and awaiting cancer screening tests.

Do you know if someone officially reported this suggestion? The picture looks very much like the age regression picture of Lyle Stevik. I hope it is a match.

WOW! This is one of the first suggestions that actually made me think that could be him!

I started looking around to see if I could find any other photos of him but theres no other photos available.

I did find his family and after a little digging, they have been in Alabama since 1979-ish.

I didn't see any mention of Roger on his parents FB pages. I was hoping to find another photo so we could see his eyebrows without glasses.

Hope someone turned Roger in, he looks like a great match.

ETA - Made a side by side with Lyle's regression image, Roger and Lyle's reconstruction image.

Attachments

• Lyle&Roger.jpg
    Lyle&Roger.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors