WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the thread. I was hoping to find other photos of Roger but I was not lucky.
I can figure out if he has attached or unattached ear lobes. The facial resemblance is high, he even has a mole in the same chin location. And he looks like the regression image ( thanks EmiLove832!)
He is currently not on the exclusions list for Lyle. My only issue is the long time between Roger went missing (1993) and Lyle´s suicide (2001). What happen in the meantime?
Anyone would like to submit him?

I agree with the photo looking like him - and I am also struggling with the timing between Roger going missing and Lyle being found - 8 years is a long time .. and if he was already depressed about possibly having cancer back in 1993, would he have wanted to live, alone or not letting loved ones know where he was, for 8 years before killing himself? Unless it turned out he didn't have cancer, but was just feeling like a burden .. if Roger is "Lyle", I wish we knew what happened to him during those 8 years

...Anyone would like to submit him?
The credit will be all yours (of course), but I'd be happy to submit this. I look at Lyle's last photos every week or so, and want to know what caused him so much pain.

The credit will be all yours (of course), but I'd be happy to submit this. I look at Lyle's last photos every week or so, and want to know what caused him so much pain.

I hope you do submit the information. I sent an email to the contact person listed on NAMUS, but it'd be great if others made submissions as well.

I hope you do submit the information. I sent an email to the contact person listed on NAMUS, but it'd be great if others made submissions as well.

Good job sending the possibility in to NAMUS. I have never submitted anyone before. I sent this in on the DoeNetwork and to Roger Schwerman's investigator, Dustin Driscoll. I don't know if Lane Youmans (Lyle's original investigator) still posts on WS, but will try to send him a message as well.

Great find, ALadInsane.

I came across other family members while trying to find more pics of Roger... attached lobes seem to run in the family

Good job sending the possibility in to NAMUS. I have never submitted anyone before. I sent this in on the DoeNetwork and to Roger Schwerman's investigator, Dustin Driscoll. I don't know if Lane Youmans (Lyle's original investigator) still posts on WS, but will try to send him a message as well.

Great find, ALadInsane.

Hi Sutton,
I'm excited to say that Detective Dustin replied really quickly and stated that they are currently reviewing him as a potential match! Either way I hope they eventually find out Stevik's identity. Dying alone in a hotel room is a very sad way to depart this earth.

Hi Sutton,
I'm excited to say that Detective Dustin replied really quickly and stated that they are currently reviewing him as a potential match! Either way I hope they eventually find out Stevik's identity. Dying alone in a hotel room is a very sad way to depart this earth.

That's great news. I didn't mean to copy your steps--I thought you'd contacted the administrator listed for Lyle. Regardless, the end goal is the same. I am happy to hear LE is already working on this.

That's great news. I didn't mean to copy your steps--I thought you'd contacted the administrator listed for Lyle. Regardless, the end goal is the same. I am happy to hear LE is already working on this.

Oops, sorry for the confusion. It was the contact info listed for Roger Schwerman (Dustin Driscoll) who had replied to me and stated they were reviewing the two (Roger and Lyle) for a potential match. Hope that clarifies.

I didn't see any mention of Roger on his parents FB pages. I was hoping to find another photo so we could see his eyebrows without glasses.

Did you find the right page? There are two additional photos of Roger on his mother's FB. Her name begins with a C.

I think this could be a match.

Roger's mom posted a pic of him on May 3, acknowledging he's gone from this world. The photo shows a clear shot of his ear, which seems attached. The picture looks even more like Lyle than the one on Roger's missing pages, IMO.

His family seems very genuine. I hope, if Lyle proves to be Roger, it is 'good' news for them. I can PM anyone the pic or FB link if you PM me first.

I found her post ... Does it seem they just assume Roger has passed or do they know he has??

I found her post ... Does it seem they just assume Roger has passed or do they know he has??

I took it be an assumption bc of the way it's worded. But idk.

-----

On the subreddit for Lyle, Roger Schwerman is included in a list of rule outs. The reason is specified as "No associations in CODIS"? What does this mean?

Sorry I can't link to the Reddit doc.

That means that since they both have markers in CODIS, and CODIS didn't signal a potential match, that they're taking at as a ruleout by default.

That means that since they both have markers in CODIS, and CODIS didn't signal a potential match, that they're taking at as a ruleout by default.

That makes sense. But that means this is not a possible match, right? Because...wow. I just see so many similarities between Lyle's photos and Roger.

That makes sense. But that means this is not a possible match, right? Because...wow. I just see so many similarities between Lyle's photos and Roger.

I'm surprised as well. The rule-out date is listed as May 19, 2016 on the Reddit.com database.
I'm glad that they were compared/checked out. I still hope both families discover what happened to their loved ones.

Hi there!

I'm Urbex - a mod from Reddit.
Dustin Driscoll (RSA from NamUs) sent me an email with the exclusion for Roger. They both have adequate DNA samples on file with no associations, so they're excluded as a match. :( We were so sure it was him too...

The people on Lyle's Reddit are dedicated to getting him identified. They've been in contact with his LE/ME and I believe they suggested the isotopes. At some point I hope LE will reach out to the media. What we've found is there are no articles about Lyle.

We (the mods at Reddit) are currently working on a Public Records Request for the complete Isotope report (as recommended by LE) - We'll share as soon as it arrives!!!

Truthfully, I wasn't seeing it. Nose is wrong, so are eye/eyebrows. But it was too close not to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member