WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I didn't say Lyle was associated with 9/11? I said I cant get my head around that it was so close and no one has come forward stating they know Lyle. My reasoning for this?...I think it could be possible he lost his only relative/friend that awful day and what I was saying may not be directly tied to the case... but it was only so many days after 9/11. Unfortunately on cases like this, we have to think outside the box, outside what has already been linked to this case as it may never be solved otherwise.

9/11 has been a long-standing theory here, and it's valid. No need to explain yourself. If we keep going in circles we won't gain any ground. Moving on! Keep thinking outside the box. Just like the circus theory, the Native American theory, etc. the 9/11 theory is just as good as any.

Well, to answer your question... it is known that Lyle had very likely had recent significant weight loss before he died, and autopsy showed nothing... autopsy had basically shown that he was healthy. I work in the medical field and this information led me to wonder if Lyle had TB, because TB(even in its active form) is oftentimes not easily identified. Weight loss, significant weight loss especially is associated with TB. People with TB may also have a very bad cough and very unpleasant taste in their mouth due to mucus and sputum.
So like you see, I didn't just come up with this... something led me to believe this
<modsnip>

Ok, well, serious depression also leads to major weight loss as well. Being in the medical field you should also have the knowledge that if a significant event (i.e. 9/11) has nothing to do with someone who suffers from major depression/anxiety, that doesn't mean they aren't affected by it. Anxiety sufferers can be affected by ANYTHING-- whether it directly relates to them or not. So please, consider others on this thread and their wonderful ideas and theories. Just as your theory on TB is one to consider, so are all the others.

9/11 has been a long-standing theory here, and it's valid. No need to explain yourself. If we keep going in circles we won't gain any ground. Moving on! Keep thinking outside the box. Just like the circus theory, the Native American theory, etc. the 9/11 theory is just as good as any.

Thank you!

Could the DNA scrutinizing they did with Lori Ruff be used in this case? (I am sure that this has already been discussed in this thread however, as always, when I want to find something, I cant!

Thank you!

Could the DNA scrutinizing they did with Lori Ruff be used in this case? (I am sure that this has already been discussed in this thread however, as always, when I want to find something, I cant!

Yeah it's been discussed and I don't remember 100% but the isotope results they performed on Lyle showed all the regions he's lived in over the years, or once tied to at least. I'm sure other users can shed more light on the DNA aspect, as I sometimes get a little lost in the cobwebs on these UID cases. Lyle has fascinated me for years but there is just so much info sometimes I forget half of it!

Yeah it's been discussed and I don't remember 100% but the isotope results they performed on Lyle showed all the regions he's lived in over the years, or once tied to at least. I'm sure other users can shed more light on the DNA aspect, as I sometimes get a little lost in the cobwebs on these UID cases. Lyle has fascinated me for years but there is just so much info sometimes I forget half of it!

:yeahthat: I second that!

Why? because it was a bit after 9/11? I am sure there are lots of crimes/suicides that occurred at that time in the US. What is your point? Is there any kind of evidence that ties this person to 9/11 in any fashion? <modsnip>

Hi Brainy, there are a lot of people; myself included that feel 9/11 could have been the reason he committed suicide; since he did it 6 days after. It's very possible he was supposed to be in the towers that day, or that he lost a loved one. It's also very possible his death had nothing to do with it.

Ok, not to sound over the top, but I have wondered if Lyle had TB&#8230; considering the weight loss&#8230;
TB is a tricky disease. Autopsy might have not shown anything at all. Actually, it is highly likely that the autopsy might have not shown anything. It is kind of a disease that there is not one marker that identifies it. Many people with TB don&#8217;t even have an abnormal CXR.

<modsnip> I in know way said he was involved in 9/11. I was merely considering that this poor man may have lost someone in 9/11. Maybe the only person he had. <modsnip>

At the bottom left of every reply is a red triangle, it is used to report a post. If you see a post that offends you, click the red triangle to let a mod deal with it. Don't even reply to it. You can also add the person to your ignore list, which means you won't see any of their comments. To do that, click their name in their reply, select view profile, you will see
Add as Friend
Send Email
Add to Ignore List

<modsnip>

<modsnip>What an upsetting thought to think 9/11 is the reason why and he could not cope with it. I mean any reason that gentleman felt the need to take his life but there were so many people affected by 9/11 I wish he felt he could reach out to somebody.

<modsnip>What an upsetting thought to think 9/11 is the reason why and he could not cope with it. I mean any reason that gentleman felt the need to take his life but there were so many people affected by 9/11 I wish he felt he could reach out to somebody.

<modsnip>

I'm originally from a town in North Jersey that's less then 30 minutes from NY city. My hub hauls new cars, gets his loads right across from the towers in NJ.

When the planes hit, I had just finished getting injections in my back; couldn't drive for 30 minutes. I had to leave to pick my kids up from school. Their schools were near the military bases Fort Dix and McGuire in South Jersey. I was petrified that the base would get targeted. The phone lines were not going thru, so I had no clue if my husband was in North Jersey at the time.

Its terrifying to think something like this happened here; so many innocent people lost their lives/ loved ones.

We won't know if Lyle suffered loss from 9/11 until he's indentified.

We've had so many Doe's identified in the last few years; I feel Lyle's turn is coming in the near future. So many people are working his case to try to get his photo to just the right person that may recognize him

<modsnip>

I'm originally from a town in North Jersey that's less then 30 minutes from NY city. My hub hauls new cars, gets his loads right across from the towers in NJ.

When the planes hit, I had just finished getting injections in my back; couldn't drive for 30 minutes. I had to leave to pick my kids up from school. Their schools were near the military bases Fort Dix and McGuire in South Jersey. I was petrified that the base would get targeted. The phone lines were not going thru, so I had no clue if my husband was in North Jersey at the time.

Its terrifying to think something like this happened here; so many innocent people lost their lives/ loved ones.

We won't know if Lyle suffered loss from 9/11 until he's indentified.

We've had so many Doe's identified in the last few years; I feel Lyle's turn is coming in the near future. So many people are working his case to try to get his photo to just the right person that may recognize him

BBM. How absolutely terrifying. It was shocking enough just watching it all unfold over the TV let alone being so so close, or in the thick of it.

As places like WS and others have more new members and more people catch onto this case this picture will be passing over more eyes. It's just a matter of time for 'Lyle.'

This once mp. goes to show how someone can travel far away from home, fall into homelessness, unable to make his way home again because he lost his id, passport ect.
He could have been a Lyle, but luckily he was finally reunited with his family!
The funny thing is, i came across this case looking for mps, circa 2000 and he looked similar to LS.
Any situation is possible, imo. i love to read the many theories from so many wonderful and varied posters!
imo.

http://glanews.com/australian-man-missing-since-2000-found-sleeping-rough-in-uk/
Jason Douglas, who went missing in Australia in 2000, was found homeless and living in the UK.

An Australian man who went missing 16 years ago has been found living rough on the streets of Britain.

Jason Douglas lost contact with his family in Brisbane in 2000 after travelling to the UK for work.
Douglas, now 36, was living with family in Milton Keynes in England when his uncle suffered a heart attack and died as they played soccer.
Devastated by the tragic death, Douglas remained in the UK and stayed with friends, before becoming homeless and losing contact with his family.

I noticed this guy on Namus. His height is off - he is listed as 65 to 68 inches, and Lyle is listed as 72 inches.

I still couldn't resist mentioning him though and I will list the reasons why -

1) He went missing on 31st August 2001, 17 days before Lyle was found.
2) He was a resident at a centre for mental health patients at the time he went missing.
3) His age (33) is in the correct range.
4) His weight (140-145 pounds) is exactly the same as Lyle's estimated weight.
5) His hair is the same colour as Lyle's.
6) His eyes were brown - could they possibly have been mistaken for hazel, like Lyle's eyes?
7) From what I can see from behind the glasses, his eyebrows appear similar to Lyle's.
8) I think I can see facial similarities.

Here he is - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33133/3/

Let me know what you guys think. :)

I noticed this guy on Namus. His height is off - he is listed as 65 to 68 inches, and Lyle is listed as 72 inches.

2) He was a resident at a centre for mental health patients at the time he went missing.
6) His eyes were brown - could they possibly have been mistaken for hazel, like Lyle's eyes?
7) From what I can see from behind the glasses, his eyebrows appear similar to Lyle's.

Good find, but the earlobes are off. They don't look attached at all.

Are we positive it was suicide? I just cannit help but think there is more then meets the eye. Are the hotel iwners employees 100% certain of events and did they take his bag or wallet? I just have so many unanswered questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Good find, but the earlobes are off. They don't look attached at all.

I just enlarged Thomas' photo and I can't tell whether the earlobes are attached or not. The photo is a bit blurry though, and my eyesight is not the best. :)

Almost makes me wonder if he could be Laurentian man, sometimes speculated about on Lyle's thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?60257-Canada-Laurentian-Hills-WhtMale-334UMON-28-40-eyeglasses-Sep-01&highlight=deep+river
Canada - Laurentian Hills, WhtMale 334UMON, 28-40, eyeglasses, Sep'01

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/61619
attachment.php

Thomas Couch

Attachments

• img_61619.jpeg
    img_61619.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 193
Lyle had an apendectomy scar, and no surgical scar on his back though :(

Almost makes me wonder if he could be Laurentian man, sometimes speculated about on Lyle's thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?60257-Canada-Laurentian-Hills-WhtMale-334UMON-28-40-eyeglasses-Sep-01&highlight=deep+river
Canada - Laurentian Hills, WhtMale 334UMON, 28-40, eyeglasses, Sep'01

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/61619
attachment.php

Thomas Couch

Great spot. I still think that Thomas has some potential as a match for Lyle, but he probably matches this other Doe even more. I will mention Thomas on the other thread.

Thank you. :)

Great spot. I still think that Thomas has some potential as a match for Lyle, but he probably matches this other Doe even more. I will mention Thomas on the other thread.

Thank you. :)

I say submit him anyway. What's the worst that could happen-- he ends up on the rule-out list and we move on. Right?

Question. In the original post of this case, (the way it shows in my feed) there are two photos. One of LS postmortem and another photo to the left that shows someone heavier. Does anyone know who that is? I say that because it looks like it was supposed to be another picture of LS but it looks nothing like him. The Post was by KateB. I was just wondering where it came from; if it was another picture, like a "before" pic or if it was a comparison to another missing person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Question. In the original post of this case, (the way it shows in my feed) there are two photos. One of LS postmortem and another photo to the left that shows someone heavier. Does anyone know who that is? I say that because it looks like it was supposed to be another picture of LS but it looks nothing like him. The Post was by KateB. I was just wondering where it came from; if it was another picture, like a "before" pic or if it was a comparison to another missing person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Both are Lyle. One is a reconstruction of Victim created by David M. Morris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay