Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are talking international crimes! HOLY crap they are in some serious

Report from a task committee formed to address the state of Texas' substandard performance in childcare

Part V. Conclusion
Although many of the problems with the Texas foster care system in 2004 have been
improved, serious problems remain. In particular, the problem of increasing conservatorship
caseloads and inadequate conservator caseworker staffing, which are closely related to the
problem of inadequate funding, are simply getting worse, and the 80th Legislature’s efforts to
address the caseworker and caseload issues were inadequate. Without a continued and much
more significant effort by the state to address these problems, the children in Texas’ foster care system will suffer.

http://www.texasappleseed.net/1HZ601!.pdf

Its nto the best situation I agree. But it will be ALTO better then being raped everyday.

BTW this has taken and International turn. If they can proove that canadian children were transported down to the states to be raped, they got a serious problem!

No one is being "RAPED EVERY DAY" that is just sensationalism. We don't want to fall in to that way of thinking if we want what is best for these children. The best thing for them is if people stand apart from the rampant "sensationalist" thinking and just think clearly.

No one is being "RAPED EVERY DAY" that is just sensationalism. We don't want to fall in to that way of thinking if we want what is best for these children. The best thing for them is if people stand apart from the rampant "sensationalist" thinking and just think clearly.

Do you kno wthat they are not being raped everyday?? I don't knwo that they are. But you don't know they aren't

Oh, yeah I forgot. If the man has 30 wives, then each of them only get raped on average once a month.

Now we are talking international crimes! HOLY crap they are in some serious

I agree, Ladybass. I am glad that Canada will be investigating why Canadian children had been shipped to Jeffs compound. International trafficking in children. I hope that the men can be charged before they run and hide, cowards that they are. It has nothing to do with proving parentage; they already know which men were present in the compound on the day of the raid.

I agree, Ladybass. I am glad that Canada will be investigating why Canadian children had been shipped to Jeffs compound. International trafficking in children. I hope that the men can be charged before they run and hide, cowards that they are. It has nothing to do with proving parentage; they already know which men were present in the compound on the day of the raid.

I believe there will be many more raids or investigations going onCause they know whats been going down now.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15928947/detail.html

Texas Rangers confirmed Friday that a 33-year-old Colorado Springs woman is considered a "person of interest" as they investigate who made the phone call that prompted a raid on a Texas polygamist compound.

"The Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety is actively pursuing Rozita Swinton of Colorado Springs, Colo., as a 'person of interest' regarding telephone calls placed to a crisis center hot line in San Angelo, Texas, in late March 2008," the Texas Rangers said in a release Friday. (more at link)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15928947/detail.html

Texas Rangers confirmed Friday that a 33-year-old Colorado Springs woman is considered a "person of interest" as they investigate who made the phone call that prompted a raid on a Texas polygamist compound.

"The Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety is actively pursuing Rozita Swinton of Colorado Springs, Colo., as a 'person of interest' regarding telephone calls placed to a crisis center hot line in San Angelo, Texas, in late March 2008," the Texas Rangers said in a release Friday. (more at link)

The strange thing about all this is the comments of the FLDS women at the YFZ ranch. When the women came back to the ranch, reporters tried to question them, but the women were avoiding interviews. In response to a reporter's question about Sarah, one woman said, "there's no one here by that name" and walked away from the reporter

Then, a couple days later when the media was invited into the compound, reporters asked the same question about Sarah, and got a variety of answers - "She was here but got mad and left" and "she didn't like it here and is a traitor!" With that last comment, the woman who said it was angry.

Then the CPS worker testified that when she was at the school house interviewing children, about 5 by the name of Sarah were identified, and one seemed very close to the Sarah CPS was looking for. The CPS worker said that one of the children told her that Sarah had been there about 4 days prior to that day, but she hadn't seen her since.

It's these comments that make me go hmmmmmm.

Robert Kirby is one of my favorite columnists. He's got a warped sense of humor and can laugh at himself and the LDS church. And he just likes to mess with people.

http://www.sltrib.com/faith/ci_8977685

Recently, I spoke to a group of non-Utahns. It was clear from the beginning that none of them knew much about Mormons other than we were possibly - how to put this nicely? - nuts.
These were not stupid people. In fact, I admit to being the dumbest person in the room. They were in Salt Lake for a university-level conference. They probably all had doctorates in stuff more or less useful.
After my gab, I took polite questions about Mormonism, namely polygamy, the temple, plural marriage, underwear, extra wives and some more about polygamy.
One lady wanted to know when "regular" Mormons like me stopped practicing polygamy. I said we never did. She said she was pretty sure that we had because she read about it in Newsweek.
I explained that Mormons like me no longer needed to take plural wives to live polygamy, that there were enough disparate personalities in one average woman to satisfy the Lord on the matter. (more at link)

Robert Kirby is one of my favorite columnists. He's got a warped sense of humor and can laugh at himself and the LDS church. And he just likes to mess with people.

Recently, I spoke to a group of non-Utahns. It was clear from the beginning that none of them knew much about Mormons other than we were possibly - how to put this nicely? - nuts.
These were not stupid people. In fact, I admit to being the dumbest person in the room. They were in Salt Lake for a university-level conference. They probably all had doctorates in stuff more or less useful.
After my gab, I took polite questions about Mormonism, namely polygamy, the temple, plural marriage, underwear, extra wives and some more about polygamy.
One lady wanted to know when "regular" Mormons like me stopped practicing polygamy. I said we never did. She said she was pretty sure that we had because she read about it in Newsweek.
I explained that Mormons like me no longer needed to take plural wives to live polygamy, that there were enough disparate personalities in one average woman to satisfy the Lord on the matter. (more at link)

I LOVE Robert Kirby! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Yeah it's stupid and a bunch of brain washing crap. I love God and he loves me. He don't need me to wear that to prove anything to him..makes no sense. Anyway the only reason the women had to keep the undies on during intercourse was because they were 13 years old and probably scared to death that an old grandpa aged man was about to have sex with them. Maybe the undies was more of a security blanket type of thing for them. Poor kids. I hope the book gets thrown at all these perverts.

Holy Underwear, Batman! Although I have to admit that it is still confusing, because earlier Suzi told me that the LDS was called The Church of the Special Underwear! So maybe that is one common theme which binds all Mormons together (and keeps them apart in bed lol!). I am so not meaning any disrespect, but I am laughing my head off just thinking about not only making love, but giving birth in the holy underwear?

I have one very serious question: WTF???:crazy: :crazy:

That is funny! hes got a good point! LOL

I LOVE Robert Kirby! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

He's a funny guy. His brother Ron, is the Chief of Police in my small town and my daughter dated the Chief's son during high school. She's met Robert amd says he is like that in person. I hear it lands him in hot water with his wife and sometimes in church on Sundays. lol.

He's a funny guy. His brother Ron, is the Chief of Police in my small town and my daughter dated the Chief's son during high school. She's met Robert amd says he is like that in person. I hear it lands him in hot water with his wife and sometimes in church on Sundays. lol.

I bet it does get him in trouble, but you've got to appreciate that wit. He is refreshing to read.

I'm sure they do feel "gratified". Heck, winning feels good doesn't it?

But are they really qualified to assume responsibility for over 400 young children?

"Putting these kids in the Texas foster care system could prove tragic by any measure."
The state fails federal guidelines in five out of six key categories, including the "absence of abuse while in care," and "timeliness of adoption."

Because many of the children come from families with five or more siblings, officials say it is nearly certain they will have to be separated and placed apart from each other if kept in state care.

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/17852469.html

Is any state ready to put 400 kids in foster care right now? Probably not? Is any state performing to high standards in foster care? No, we have a crisis on our hands in foster care right now.

However, that doesn't mean we need to leave the children in what is a potentially abusive situation. It has been proven that there are underage girls that are pregnant. There are adults who have not reported it. Both of those are crimes.

Until parentage can be sorted out, and the state is assured that these children are going to be safe in their homes with their parents, and are not going to be living with a sex offender, they really have no choice but to remove them.

Noone is looking at adoption right now. If the parents don't show up for DNA testing, we may have another story on our hands about that.

I was a foster parent in TX for over 15 years. There are wonderful foster families here, and I would say they are in the majority. Are many of the kids going to have to be separated? Probably, and it's a damned shame. If I could, I'd get my license renewed and take in a whole family of them. I had a sibling group of 6, and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

There are no perfect answers in this situation. CPS has to do what it has been mandated by law to do, and I feel like they are doing that. The judge made the right decision, IMO. Many are going to disagree, and that is your right. But the laws of TX dictate what had to happen here. TX authorities have followed the law.

I really don't think the parents will submit to DNA testing, the results will prove criminal activity and perhaps end with incarceration. My belief is FLDS will claim the government is overzealous and prosecuting based on religious belief. The men are cowards, and will simply walk away, they may not even let the women be tested. This is going to get worse before it gets any better.

Do you kno wthat they are not being raped everyday?? I don't knwo that they are. But you don't know they aren't

Is it rape if a man over 18 has consensual sex with a girl under the legal age in that state? Yes it is, in a legal sense. That is why they call it statutory rape. That is the state acknowledging that it is "rape" ONLY in the legal sense. Putting that word statutory in front of the word rape lets the reader know that there are extenuating circumstances in a particular case.

The law of Texas said in 2006 that girls 14 and over could marry, so we can assume that having sex would be implied in that. Then the law changed to move the age to 16.

To know that there is someone being raped daily we would have to know exactly how many menstruating girls there are under the age of 16. Then we would have to know if they had been spiritually married or not. There would have to be 30 girls meeting that description for there to be a valid claim to a rape every day. And if the girl was a willing participant, then it could only be termed as statutory rape.

I see that term RAPE as well as INCEST and CHILD sex and PERVS leaping out in the comments section on a lot of the online newspapers articles. Sometimes I think that those people are using those inflammatory words to express their emotional outrage. But the majority of them I suspect are using the same words to "justify" things in their own conscience. Things that are making them uneasy as far as what they see a government doing here and what is being forced on these innocent children in the name of doing what is "good" for them. Using inflammatory phrases quiets that disturbing little conscience in a person. As long as they reassure themselves this excessive action is justified, because after all this is RAPE and PERVS etc etc they don't have to take a cold clear analytical look at what is happening here. They can just go back to their nice little comfortable life. After all, they did their part to protect society and these children...... they posted some buzz words about the bad guys on the internet.

so that is why I stay away from those words. And I think the rationalization that a few children meeting the legal definition of abuse justifys placing hundreds at risk, to be poorly thought out. Foster care is known for increasing a childs chance of being abused not decreasing it. So if 3 girls under the age of 16 are pregnant in this sect, I am NOT sure that justifies taking over 400 children and putting them into a system that ups all their chances of abuse. I will not be a voice for that. MY conscience wont allow me to.

Heres a sobering statistic...

In 2002, more than 17,000 girls aged 14 or under became pregnant nationwide (see this report from the Guttmacher Institute, pdf, p. 9). More than a quarter million American girls aged 15-17 became pregnant that same year (p. 7)!

In cases where the teens above were impregnated by males over the age of 18 then logically (?) we must admit to being a nation full of pervs and rapists. And we are taking the FLDS's children away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela