Was Burke Involved? # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abrasions aren't caused by poking. They are caused by rubbing or scraping.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/abrasion?s=t

I don't know that OP meant "abrasions" per se. There were a couple of two-pronged circular injuries on the body. Some have theorized that they were made by a taser. I think they were made by a part of the train in the train room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(I raised a child diagnosed with anti-social personality traits. He was in and out of treatment for much of his high school years. He is an adult now and still exhibits these traits but no longer seeks treatment for them. He was my first child and he started exhibiting the traits around 2-yrs-old and started exhibiting behaviors between 8-10. I never had any more children after him because I was afraid of him and what he was capable of. BR as a child reminded me a lot of my child.)

I didn't realize there was a different thread regarding member's theories because I am new around here. Should I move my comments from here to there?

Serenity - that makes for very sad reading. I hope things work out well for you and your son.

Your experience shows that you have personal experience of a child who may be similar to the way BR was (and possibly still is).

As for moving your post, I think you should keep it where it is but also copy and paste it into the Member's Theories thread.

The problem with any potentially incriminating statements coming from Burke in that timeframe is the fact he was around all the adults and hearing them speak about her murder. Had he been immediately taken in for questioning and started describing certain things he shouldn't know unless he was involved or a witness, then it would be a huge red flag.
I agree with the bolded but the unbolded doesn't answer my question. Why would him overhearing adults talking about the murder prompt him NOT to mention her strangulation when asked about her COD? That's the only thing he should definitely know from overhearing adults, whether he heard anything about head injuries or not. And we know from Kolar's book that Burke knew she was strangled by the 28th. So why, a few weeks later, does someone who knows for a fact his sister was strangled say, "I know what happened" and then say a knife was involved and she was hit on the head with a hammer - but not mention she was strangled? Did he forget?

I don't know that it means anything either way (pro-BDI or anti-BDI) but it's something I noticed that seems odd.

I don't know that OP meant "abrasions" per se. There were a couple of two-pronged circular injuries on the body. Some have theorized that they were made by a taser. I think they were made by a part of the train in the train room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe autopsy report specifies that the marks in question are abrasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the bolded but the unbolded doesn't answer my question. Why would him overhearing adults talking about the murder prompt him NOT to mention her strangulation when asked about her COD? That's the only thing he should definitely know from overhearing adults, whether he heard anything about head injuries or not. And we know from Kolar's book that Burke knew she was strangled by the 28th. So why, a few weeks later, does someone who knows for a fact his sister was strangled say, "I know what happened" and then say a knife was involved and she was hit on the head with a hammer - but not mention she was strangled? Did he forget?

I don't know that it means anything either way (pro-BDI or anti-BDI) but it's something I noticed that seems odd.

DrollForeignFaction,
Yup, technically apart from knowing whatever the media and his friends said, nobody really knew what had caused JonBenet's injuries, even the ligature per se was not itemized.

So for BR to be so specific is extremely interesting. You might expect a I dunno from most children to a parroting of whatever is reported on news casts.

Yet BR states a knife was involved, BR's knife was found in the wine-cellar and she was hit on the head with a hammer and JonBenet was indeed whacked on the head.

We just don't know with what, but BR sure does.

"I know what happened" and then say a knife was involved and she was hit on the head with a hammer - but not mention she was strangled? Did he forget?
Maybe BR's child mind was working in a counter factual sense, i.e. they say she was strangled, yet I never did that so anything I say cannot impact on her real cause of death?

It could be BR sexually assaulted and whacked JonBenet on the head and the parents applied the ligature?

if BR's knife was in the basement, it would point more evidence to the fact that he used it to cut the rope for the garrote. which wasn't a garrote but simply a tool he built to drag her body from a location to the wine cellar to hide her. the more i look at it, the more it looks like a primitive way a child would invent to move something, similar to how you'd drag a pull-along

Yes lets talk about Burke. To me he's the missing link, and not because of that cro magnon look on his face during the Dr. Philosopher Show. It turns out Burke is full of the same substance he liked to smear around when he was 10.

First, he said he was pretending to be asleep during the events that transpired that night. I pretend to be asleep when I don't want sex, not during a murder. When there is a murder/cover-up going on at 3 in the morning I tend to get up just to see, you know, whats happening. So Burke probably pretended to be asleep Christmas Eve because he was excited, then feigned sleep Xmas day at the White's because he couldn't stand Priscilla White's cooking and than again no sleep on the night of the 25th. No wonder we haven't seen this guy in 20 years, he was catching up on his sleep.

Next Dr. Quick Draw McGraw takes a left turn during his interrogation and takes Burke for a ride on the Pineapple Express, with the express intent of an "AHA" revelation, just like his buddy Oprah had when she discovered her man Steadman actually wrote a book. "Very good honey, we'll put it up here with the ones I wrote." Problem was Burke didn't bite on the pineapple bait, said he didn't even like pineapple on his pizza. Who does?

Next Phil shined a light on the Eveready Burke allegedly used to strike JB, you know the kind with the lithium assault and batteries. We now know, of course, that not only was the flashlight disposable but so were the facts of that entire evening, tossed aside than recycled into a kidnapping/murder plot complete with that Kidnapping, She Wrote note starring Patsy Ramsey as Jessica Fletcher.

Finally Phil, who calls himself a doctor but can't even cure a cold let alone a cold case, looks Burke straight in the eye and asks him if he killed JB. Of course Burke turned on his stone face of denial and upstaged Phil's Perry Mason moment. I guess that dog didn't hunt. Look Phil, your credibility is like your hair, there is none left. You were nothing more then Oprah's Maury Po*****! At this point in your career you can't even look a Cyclops in the eye.

The only thing I learned about Burke was that he has the body language of his dad. He's stiffer than a mannequin encased in cement with only his eyes moving like he was watching a Wimbledon tennis match. He always has that look of disdain on his face I usually get whenever I see a no smoking sign. He takes 9 month long pregnant pauses before answering the tough questions and he continually shifts his body around like a lap dancer who's rent is due. I really don't know if Burke did it, but thanks for asking Tricia.

if BR's knife was in the basement, it would point more evidence to the fact that he used it to cut the rope for the garrote. *snip*

Allow me to reword that for you:

If Burke's knife was in the basement, it would point more evidence to the possibility that it was used to cut the cord for the garrote.

Yes lets talk about Burke. To me he's the missing link, and not because of that cro magnon look on his face during the Dr. Philosopher Show. It turns out Burke is full of the same substance he liked to smear around when he was 10.

First, he said he was pretending to be asleep during the events that transpired that night. I pretend to be asleep when I don't want sex, not during a murder. When there is a murder/cover-up going on at 3 in the morning I tend to get up just to see, you know, whats happening. So Burke probably pretended to be asleep Christmas Eve because he was excited, then feigned sleep Xmas day at the White's because he couldn't stand Priscilla White's cooking and than again no sleep on the night of the 25th. No wonder we haven't seen this guy in 20 years, he was catching up on his sleep.

Next Dr. Quick Draw McGraw takes a left turn during his interrogation and takes Burke for a ride on the Pineapple Express, with the express intent of an "AHA" revelation, just like his buddy Oprah had when she discovered her man Steadman actually wrote a book. "Very good honey, we'll put it up here with the ones I wrote." Problem was Burke didn't bite on the pineapple bait, said he didn't even like pineapple on his pizza. Who does?

Next Phil shined a light on the Eveready Burke allegedly used to strike JB, you know the kind with the lithium assault and batteries. We now know, of course, that not only was the flashlight disposable but so were the facts of that entire evening, tossed aside than recycled into a kidnapping/murder plot complete with that Kidnapping, She Wrote note starring Patsy Ramsey as Jessica Fletcher.

Finally Phil, who calls himself a doctor but can't even cure a cold let alone a cold case, looks Burke straight in the eye and asks him if he killed JB. Of course Burke turned on his stone face of denial and upstaged Phil's Perry Mason moment. I guess that dog didn't hunt. Look Phil, your credibility is like your hair, there is none left. You were nothing more then Oprah's Maury Po*****! At this point in your career you can't even look a Cyclops in the eye.

The only thing I learned about Burke was that he has the body language of his dad. He's stiffer than a mannequin encased in cement with only his eyes moving like he was watching a Wimbledon tennis match. He always has that look of disdain on his face I usually get whenever I see a no smoking sign. He takes 9 month long pregnant pauses before answering the tough questions and he continually shifts his body around like a lap dancer who's rent is due. I really don't know if Burke did it, but thanks for asking Tricia.

Orsen - I can hear Sam Spade saying those words.

You didn't write the Maltese Falcon did you?

BR did it all and the parents covered it up.

Imo.

I'm convinced. I am up to episode five of a six part series on Netflix (Australia) that has an ex-FBI profiler, ex-Scotland Yard behavioural analyst, Henry Lee, Werner Spitz and a few others. I think the BR theory is the best one I've seen yet.

I'm convinced. I am up to episode five of a six part series on Netflix (Australia) that has an ex-FBI profiler, ex-Scotland Yard behavioural analyst, Henry Lee, Werner Spitz and a few others. I think the BR theory is the best one I've seen yet.
I'm curious, Evamo (and welcome to WS, BTW)... you said you're up to episode five of a six-part series. How many hours total is the series? In the US, they originally planned on showing three 2-hour long episodes, but cut one of those 2-hour episodes out (leaving only four hours total).

I'm curious, Evamo (and welcome to WS, BTW)... you said you're up to episode five of a six-part series. How many hours total is the series? In the US, they originally planned on showing three 2-hour long episodes, but cut one of those 2-hour episodes out (leaving only four hours total).

I want to know that, too. I've heard rumors that the full show would be broadcast in other countries before this one.

Oops, my mistake - I just realised I'm watching the program on Stan, not Netflix. Stan is similar to Netflix, not sure if it's in other countries or not. I hope I'm allowed to post the link here?

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/10/everything-coming-to-netflix-stan-and-foxtel-this-november/

It's a six part series and each episode is about 42 minutes (so would be an hour long if it were on a commercial network). It's called The Case of JonBenet Ramsey.

It's perplexing. I think PR and JR's grief is genuine, which leads me to think Burke hit JBR and they covered for him. I'm wondering if perhaps he has supressed the memories of it.

I wonder if we'll ever know the truth!

Remember Dr. P said BR is "socially ackward" HAH! That entire interview showed him smiling and
smirking except when it came to his mother (PR). He's a grown man now acting like he's a young
child.

I was wondering.....does anyone know if there is a connection between James Burke and Peter Hackett being that Peter is a Police Surgeon? And is there any proof that James Burke frequented sex workers? If so I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the party Peter was having the night Shannen Gilbert was killed. I m thinking COVER UP?

I don't know where to post this, but why haven't friends, family, housekeepers, etc. - written a book?

I've posted this in the "Media Links", but there is an upcoming special re the JBR case
on the cable channel
"REELZ" on Dec. 17th

Evamo, I'm intrigued that you are seeing it in 6 parts in your country. It was originally meant to be three 2hr episodes in the US but only two aired - the third one was scrapped at the last moment for unknown reasons - probably related to that lawsuit Lin Wood is threatening. Jim Clemente and Laura from the show also have a true crime podcast and they dedicated a few episodes to the case, but they abruptly stopped doing podcasts and had the last JBR podcast removed from iTunes before most people could download it (though a few people, such as myself, got it in time).

Would you mind answering a few questions once you finish watching the whole thing? There were some clips that never aired in the trailer that I'd like to know more about:

- there's footage of the team outside BRs house trying to get him to speak with them but he ran away. What was that like?
- in the first episode they talk to Fleet and Priscilla White off camera, but we never see any more of them. Do the Whites show up at any other point?
- they played what sounded like a very angry Pam Paugh saying "Don't you EVER contact me again." Any context for that?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member