Was Burke Involved? # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the show was business as usual interspersed with more John Ramsey lies, but he was caught in a huge one at the very end. I've just watched it a couple of times now. He acknowledged they were indicted for child abuse, but tried to claim that was because he didn't lock the door or something that night, and then the reporter hits him with "what about the accessory to first degree murder charges for both you and Patsy?" He incredibly claims he's never heard such a thing and then asks what that even means. And she tells him it means they thought you and Patsy helped someone else that night. He laughs nervously. Immediate cut-away to film of Burke at the funeral.

He's gotten away with so many lies over the years, but he went way too far this time. He should have kept his mouth shut like he promised he would after Dr. Phil.

I did not expect this to end on the note that it did (almost didn't finish watching it because one can only take so much Santa Claus, Lou Smit and John Mark Karr again) but seeing John's huge whopper at the end was worth it. And as this clearly ended with an implication that the grand jury concluded Burke did it, I wonder if this will have any impact on Lin Wood's civil suing.

It hasn't been shown in the UK yet, and may never be, possibly because most of the British public probably haven't even heard of the case.

I would like to have have seen "John's huge whopper" though. Lol.

Or maybe not.

Yes, the show was business as usual interspersed with more John Ramsey lies, but he was caught in a huge one at the very end. I've just watched it a couple of times now. He acknowledged they were indicted for child abuse, but tried to claim that was because he didn't lock the door or something that night, and then the reporter hits him with "what about the accessory to first degree murder charges for both you and Patsy?" He incredibly claims he's never heard such a thing and then asks what that even means. And she tells him it means they thought you and Patsy helped someone else that night. He laughs nervously. Immediate cut-away to film of Burke at the funeral.

He's gotten away with so many lies over the years, but he went way too far this time. He should have kept his mouth shut like he promised he would after Dr. Phil.

I did not expect this to end on the note that it did (almost didn't finish watching it because one can only take so much Santa Claus, Lou Smit and John Mark Karr again) but seeing John's huge whopper at the end was worth it. And as this clearly ended with an implication that the grand jury concluded Burke did it, I wonder if this will have any impact on Lin Wood's civil suing.

HarmonyE,
That sounds a hoot. JR speechless, I'll have to find this to download.

BBM: From what you described, i.e. the cut-away, it wont affect the Spitz case since CNN never named BR?

I reckon BR is a limited public figure and Spitz via free speech can speculate on who did it. Since BR is a suspect its difficult to see how he can pin Spitz down? He's probably hoping Spitz's insurers don't want a protracted case, so will settle out of court?

I wonder what bearing the DNA retesting will have on BR's lawsuit?

Checked Wood's twitter but he's silent on this except for:

attachment.php

Attachments

• woody.png
    woody.png
    18 KB · Views: 627
MAKING MONEY OFF THE RAMSEY CASE

MR. WOOD: "Hey, I made more money handling the Ramsey case than you've made in
your whole damn career practicing law, Darnay."
MR. HOFFMAN: -- "you mean instead of settling for chump change, which you've done in all these other cases, you're actually getting paid a decent…."
MR. WOOD: "I've made more money in the Ramsey case than you've made in your entire
career as a lawyer, you want to bet on that?"

Quotes from Gideon Epstein Deposition
(Wolf vs Ramsey) May 17, 2002

Of course something came up and I couldn't watch it last night, but I did catch literally the last 2 minutes of the special and I was utterly flabbergasted by JR's answer about the tombstone. He said, when asked why he put the 25th on the tombstone, something to the effect of: "Well, I gave that a lot of thought, but I wanted to remind everyone that my little girl was killed by an evil person; and she was killed on Christmas night, on silent night." .....Are you effing kidding me?? That's what you wanted her memory to be? How could he give such an utterly stupid answer? If he would have said something like, "Well, I didn't want her to be remembered from how she died; the last memory I had of her was on Christmas, when she was her happy, usual self, and when I put her to bed on Christmas night -- that is my personal last memory of her; that's the last time I saw her (on Christmas night) and that's how I want to remember her."......but he wants to remember the fact that she was killed instead? WTF? But not only that, but this is YOUR daughter -- not everyone's. The fact he's more concerned with what "everyone" remembers her as being (a victim to an evil person on Christmas night) as opposed to what he himself wants to remember about his own daughter seems to speak volumes -- he only cares about what other people think.

Maybe I'm over-reacting, but seriously, I was blown away by that answer. I honestly couldn't believe he'd say that.
Well, I agree. But then I think he's demented. And by that I don't mean to say that I think he is getting dementia.

Really? I shut it down half way through. Just only so much of John Ramseys BS I can stomach in one sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The program provided an overview of the case for anyone who doesn't really know it, and it included all the red herrings. All the pro-R crowd was probably happy with up to a point; and after that point, they were probably livid - including JR, I would think. my 2cents

Thanks. I saw the update. There's probably more out there, but even if there isn't, it's just not possible that he's hearing this for the first time more than 3 years later.

I'm with you; I hope he keeps on talking because the lies just keep getting bigger and bolder. He clearly did Burke no favors with this last interview and the editor took the opportunity to use John's own words to set up the final scene implying Burke may be the best suspect after all.

John is going to have to answer for quite a lot during his deposition in Burke's civil case against Spitz. I just hope Spitz's attorney can keep up with the endless piles of contradictions and blatant lies.

RBBM - re lies getting bigger and boulder - ooooops an unavoidable pun, and a good one at that!

John and Patsy presumably put the 25th on JBR's grave because they knew, beyond doubt, that that is when she died.

The thing that gets me about JR (PR too when she was interviewed) is how they could talk, quite cheerfully about the most horrific experience any parent could possibly go through.

It's almost as though JBR was a commodity.

Personally I wouldn't even be able to think about how she died without breaking down, let alone talk about it, over and over.

Sorry to sound a bit corny but I think a parents memories should be kept privately within their hearts, not laid out for the world to dissect.

And any remuneration they receive should go to a foundation to help find missing children, or for bereaved parent counselling. Imo.

Not sure if there's a video, but it simply isn't possible that he didn't hear this in 2013. And he knew about the child abuse charge, which was the second charge in the indictment, but hadn't heard about the first charge? Beyond impossible. He wasn't prepared for the question, but in true Ramsey fashion dodged it by claiming he didn't know what she was talking about. Because if he hadn't dodged it, this would have lead to more questions about Burke and he clearly did not want to go there. I don't know what's more incredible, John's impossible lies or his refusal to shut up.

I haven't had a chance to see this yet but the bolded says everything I'm thinking now. Who does this clown think he's fooling? And why, oh why, can't these idiots stay away from the cameras?? Dr. Phil would have been a great "last interview" (of course I KNEW it wouldn't be, he's so predictable) because Phil is in Lin Wood's back pocket, the questions were guaranteed to be easy. But is he so deluded that he thought he could go on CNN and skate through without any challenges? I can even imagine him doing his patent "Look how innocent and unperturbed I am!" smile as he denies knowing about the accessory charges.

Something else that occurred to me recently: didn't Henry Lee state in his book that came out years ago that he advised Hunter to make the decision he did with the grand jury? Interesting that he later shows up in a BDI special on CBS that proposes what it does about the grand jury indictments. I wonder how involved (if at all) he was in that aspect of the show's theory. Has anyone here read HL's book where he references the case?

Just wanted to post, as I know some have missed her here on JonBenet's thread. PositiveLight posted today on the Sherri Papini thread.

I haven't had a chance to see this yet but the bolded says everything I'm thinking now. Who does this clown think he's fooling? And why, oh why, can't these idiots stay away from the cameras?? Dr. Phil would have been a great "last interview" (of course I KNEW it wouldn't be, he's so predictable) because Phil is in Lin Wood's back pocket, the questions were guaranteed to be easy. But is he so deluded that he thought he could go on CNN and skate through without any challenges? I can even imagine him doing his patent "Look how innocent and unperturbed I am!" smile as he denies knowing about the accessory charges.

Something else that occurred to me recently: didn't Henry Lee state in his book that came out years ago that he advised Hunter to make the decision he did with the grand jury? Interesting that he later shows up in a BDI special on CBS that proposes what it does about the grand jury indictments. I wonder how involved (if at all) he was in that aspect of the show's theory. Has anyone here read HL's book where he references the case?

If the CBS special is the same one I just watched in Australia, Henry Lee was there as part of the team but barely said a word on camera. I don't know why he even bothered to show up.

Re Burke, I finished watching the series last night and they showed footage from Patsy's funeral. BR was hugging his dad at the grave and he had that same ridiculous smile, as though he were pleased his mother was dead!!

HarmonyE,
That sounds a hoot. JR speechless, I'll have to find this to download.

BBM: From what you described, i.e. the cut-away, it wont affect the Spitz case since CNN never named BR?

I reckon BR is a limited public figure and Spitz via free speech can speculate on who did it. Since BR is a suspect its difficult to see how he can pin Spitz down? He's probably hoping Spitz's insurers don't want a protracted case, so will settle out of court?
Most of CNN's show was every bit of the mish mash that every other new JBR special has been. But at the very end, after John's awkward, clearly false claim of ignorance about the GJ charge that he and Patsy "helped a third person" with his fake laugh followed by a "That's just absurd", they cut directly to young Burke and the narrator saying "There are those who speculate that the third person was Burke". Then straight to a grinning Burke on Dr. Phil saying they need to find the real killer. And then back to John Ramsey making light of Burke's demeanor and defending him as an awesome person.
John ends with explaining that they picked 12/25 for the gravestone date, not because they know she died then, but because they wanted to remind the world that a little girl was murdered on "silent night". Which I always figured was Christmas Eve, but I ain't the religious type.

(For those apparently flabbergasted by John's explanation of the date, this is not new. Patsy said something similar years ago, although perhaps not as explicitly.)

Unlike CBS, no one fingered Burke directly. But throughout the show they raised suspects only to explain why they were ruled out. The last suspect raised was Burke. And they didn't say he'd been ruled out. Instead, they showed him smiling on Dr. Phil with only his father to defend him. The viewers are left to read between the lines.

Does this help Spitz and maybe later CBS? I think it very possibly does. CNN is a huge network too and if others are considering Burke as a damned good suspect, this may well serve to weaken the claim that Spitz (and/or CBS) damaged this public figure's reputation with their unfounded claims. The more media sources that raise the question of his guilt, the weaker that argument becomes.

Watching Asleigh right now...My main concern. There were NO fingerprints on the so-called ransom note.
Also, no fingerprints on the flashlight.

JR just said he did not know that the GJ voted to indict for accessory!
And I shouted "Liar!" at my TV!
There is No Way he didn't know that!

Is everybody watching this CNN special?

Whether or not he knew it, it's guaranteed his lawyers knew it!

What do you make of the letter of apology written to the Ramsey's from the Boulder police? They claim to have dna from the crime scene and years later test the inside and outside of JB's pajama bottoms and the same dna is found of an unknown person.

I'd make toilet paper out of it, that's what!

Really? I shut it down half way through. Just only so much of John Ramseys BS I can stomach in one sitting.

Only so much of John Ramsey I can stomach PERIOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass