Was Burke Involved? # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's despicable! :gaah:

Oh, he's worse than that!

I recently spoke to someone who has dealt with our Mr. Wood (don't ask who it was; I'll tell no tales). I told this person that if I had been in his/her shoes, I'd have reached across the table, grabbed Woody by his lapels, dragged him over to me and beat the ****** out of him!

And folks, I'm not Chuck Norris; I'm not King Kong; but I can whup Lin Wood!

Whether or not he knew it, it's guaranteed his lawyers knew it!
And any civil litigation attorney bringing forth a defamation lawsuit on behalf of John or Burke after the 2013 announcement of the GJ's true bill would have had an obligation to inform his client that the indictments were public knowledge and could or probably would be brought up by the defense. In Burke's case, he therefore would have known before the suit was filed that CBS's alleged "reckless" false statements statements dovetailed with the GJ's charges that his parents helped a third person in the house that night, and that he could only be that third person. But maybe Burke and John don't talk much. And maybe John missed the news. And maybe his attorneys never bothered to clue him in. Or maybe they tried and he's hard of hearing. Seems pretty doubtful to me, but, hey, John says he didn't know and we know he's and honest and truthful guy.

I told this person that if I had been in his/her shoes, I'd have reached across the table, grabbed Woody by his lapels, dragged him over to me and beat the ****** out of him!

I'd pay top dollar to see that!

Most of CNN's show was every bit of the mish mash that every other new JBR special has been. But at the very end, after John's awkward, clearly false claim of ignorance about the GJ charge that he and Patsy "helped a third person" with his fake laugh followed by a "That's just absurd", they cut directly to young Burke and the narrator saying "There are those who speculate that the third person was Burke". Then straight to a grinning Burke on Dr. Phil saying they need to find the real killer. And then back to John Ramsey making light of Burke's demeanor and defending him as an awesome person.

Oh wow, that is intense!! Very smart decision to use editing to imply what the situation really was, rather than explicitly stating it and giving the Ramsey's someone else to sue.

I could see both parents protecting Burke. I could possibly see Patsy protecting John as her lifestyle would be over. She was still in the marriage after thesupposed affairs by John. I don’t see him staying in the marriage if Patsy did it. Would he throw Patsy under the bus and move on. His first marriage ended in divorce. I wonder what were the problems in the first marriage. Has the first wife talked?

I could see both parents protecting Burke. I could possibly see Patsy protecting John as her lifestyle would be over. She was still in the marriage after thesupposed affairs by John. I don’t see him staying in the marriage if Patsy did it. Would he throw Patsy under the bus and move on. His first marriage ended in divorce. I wonder what were the problems in the first marriage. Has the first wife talked?

They would protect each other if the following scenario went down:

JR was abusing JBR. PR discovered this the night of the murder (in JBR's bedroom), and flipped out. Whether accidentally (while hitting JR) or on purpose, she struck JBR. This is simply one example: JR would have something to hide (the abuse) and PR would have something to hide (the head injury). It wouldn't so much be a matter of one "protecting" the other as much as it would be a matter of not divulging what one knows about the other, because once one did, the other would follow. So they swept it under the rug for the sake of the family/BR. Both still would have "played a role" in the murder, either indirectly (JR) or directly (PR), and they both had everything to lose. So JR covered up the abuse by utilizing the paint brush and PR covered up the head blow by the strangulation (mistakenly thinking JBR was already dead), the ransom note was written, and the rest is history.

John lawyered up his first wife, Lucinda, immediately and she resisted talking to the police until they agreed to publicly clear the adult children (Melinda and John Andrew, who were in Atlanta). Not sure what all that was about!

But John admitted that his first marriage ended because he had an affair with an employee of his. Speculation abounds as to whether he ever cheated on Patsy. I wouldn't be surprised, he was always away traveling, Patsy had serious cancer, and according to the housekeeper Linda their marriage was empty and Patsy didn't enjoy sex with John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*snip*

But John admitted that his first marriage ended because he had an affair with an employee of his. Speculation abounds as to whether he ever cheated on Patsy. I wouldn't be surprised, he was always away traveling, Patsy had serious cancer, and according to the housekeeper Linda their marriage was empty and Patsy didn't enjoy sex with John.

LHP wrote that Patsy told her she didn't want to or couldn't perform fellatio.

Yes, that's in LHP's "first chapter". Here's what she told the National Enquirer in their Feb. 4th 1997 issue:
"Patsy showed warmth and affection - but I never saw John smile or show affection," Linda revealed. "There was no hugging and warm embraces when he came back from his many business trips.
"Patsy confided in me. She told me she hated sex, even though she put up with it. 'I have never enjoyed it, never ever,' she told me.
"She asked my advice, whether I knew of anything that would help her, any book or any method to get her more interested.
Patsy and John could seem affectionate when entertaining, but other times they seemed detached from each other.
"I was stunned at how he acted when I went to the memorial service for JonBenet on December 29 - ironically Patsy's birthday.
"After the service, grief-stricken Patsy was sitting in the parish house sobbing her shoulders wracked with sorrow. John was outside with friends, smiling and chatting away.
"It was the first time I ever saw him smile - and it gave me chills."
I was struck by how pro-Patsy the interview was. Glowing praise for Patsy and her mothering skills all over. This must have been before LHP realized her "friend" Patsy tried to make a Patsy out of her from minute one and went all PDI. Sounds like she's kind of JDI here, actually.

She didn't use that word. I doubt if she would have known the meaning of it.

When I read that article I was of an opposite opinion. I felt it was very nasty and spiteful.

I'm certainly not a fan of the R's and I think they were definitely involved in covering up their child's murder but they DID employ LHP and even loaned her money. When cops interviewed Linda she was even wearing a pair of Patsy's old shoes.

She was a useless housekeeper too - have you seen the mess on the floors of the upstairs levels? She obviously didn't see picking up clothes or tidying anything as part of her duties.

And I think to gossip about the R's sex life was very nasty. Yes, I know she had been thrown under the bus, so to speak, but even so.

^ If memory serves, the R's didn't have housekeepers during the holidays, just FYI.

When I read that article I was of an opposite opinion. I felt it was very nasty and spiteful.

I'm certainly not a fan of the R's and I think they were definitely involved in covering up their child's murder but they DID employ LHP and even loaned her money. When cops interviewed Linda she was even wearing a pair of Patsy's old shoes.

She was a useless housekeeper too - have you seen the mess on the floors of the upstairs levels? She obviously didn't see picking up clothes or tidying anything as part of her duties.

And I think to gossip about the R's sex life was very nasty. Yes, I know she had been thrown under the bus, so to speak, but even so.

That's just an excerpt from a longer article, though. She actually defends and says a lot of nice things about Patsy and doesn't seem to think she's involved which is why I found it odd that she did gossip about their sex life which I agree is pretty rude. That paragraph was the only juicy bit of the article. And of course all of this is filtered through some tabloid writer's paraphrasing ("shoulders wracked with sorrow" does not sound like LHP to me). It is pretty spiteful towards John though. The only nice thing she could say about him was that he always picked up after himself.

That first book chapter was not written by LHP. It was put together by Darnay Hoffman and his former wife Sydney Barrows, previously known as the ‘Mayflower Madam.’ (She’s now a business consultant and writer.) LHP did give an interview to the Enquirer, but the spicy sex material from the first chapter of that alleged book was something Hoffman/Barrows developed.

Just a note regarding LHP as a housekeeper. It's a 7K sq ft house and she was only there 3 days a week: 9 -3. Her primary job was cleaning, which is difficult to do when you have to first pick up after people. Dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming that large house would take up much of those 18 hours each week. She also stripped and re-made beds and did laundry. The last day she worked was 12/23.

From acandyrose:
I first met JonBenet when she was in preschool. She was home, like, half a day. Patsy called her Jonnie B. I spent half my time picking up after her. She and her brother would just leave everything on the floor - their socks, their shoes, toys, books, just everything. They were never trained to put things away properly.

I always came in the side door, and I'd walk right into the kitchen and not know where to start. Dishes all over. If they had Ovaltine, the jar would still be open. I always had to wipe the peanut butter off the counter. "I think we ought to get a hamper," I told Patsy.

"Yeah, that sounds good," she answered. But we never got one.

"Linda is not here to pick up," Patsy's mother would say.

"She's here to clean. How do you expect her to do a good job if she's picking up?"

"OK, Mom, I'll work it out."

Patsy's clothes went into the laundry chute. I never had to pick up after John. Maybe once- a pair of shoes. Patsy changed purses once a week. She'd lay her purse ON THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE and I'd clean it out and put it in the closet. She had maybe forty of them, and even more pairs of shoes. I think the problem with the children was they didn't have any responsibility. They were spoiled.

That's just an excerpt from a longer article, though. She actually defends and says a lot of nice things about Patsy and doesn't seem to think she's involved which is why I found it odd that she did gossip about their sex life which I agree is pretty rude. That paragraph was the only juicy bit of the article. And of course all of this is filtered through some tabloid writer's paraphrasing ("shoulders wracked with sorrow" does not sound like LHP to me). It is pretty spiteful towards John though. The only nice thing she could say about him was that he always picked up after himself.

DrollForeignFaction,
I never took the sex life stuff seriously its out of tune with the tone of the interview.

It does reek of tabloid spin, where every story is juiced up!

Not sure which thread to post this, but re JB's dog - I understand the neighbors would watch her dog
when the family went away, but why did her dog end up living with the neighbors? Could it be that
"someone" was abusing the dog at the home? I can't imagine a little girl having to visit HER dog
at the neighbors house.

Not sure which thread to post this, but re JB's dog - I understand the neighbors would watch her dog
when the family went away, but why did her dog end up living with the neighbors? Could it be that
"someone" was abusing the dog at the home?
I can't imagine a little girl having to visit HER dog
at the neighbors house.

Oh yeah the dog was sent away to live with the Barnhills. The IDIs like to say but it was only for when they took vacations. Rubbish.

After the murder, Joe said they never contacted him about having the dog back. He said, "I guess it's mine now."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42