Was Burke involved in JB's death?

• Burke was involved in the death of JBR

Votes: 377 59.6%
  • Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

Votes: 256 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read enough and I understand on a non emotional level about human psychology to know that there is nothing in the Ramsey's history that would indicate that any of them were capable of sexually assaulting and brutally murdering their much beloved 6 year old daughter. Same goes for Burke.

Thanks for asking.

Apart from the fact that someone in the house DID assault and brutally murder her....

And what do we KNOW of P and J's psychology, anyway?

I was married to a man for 10 years who turned out to have a personality disorder while masquerading as a "nice guy" to this day.

Secrets are just that - secret. IE...NO ONE ELSE KNOWS what went on in that house behind closed doors.

[modsnip]

Agreed. The thing is there is no, none, nada proof of a use from that household by anyone let alone the 9 yr old boy.

Burke is a victim. He was never a suspect of anything.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

I think the proof of chronic abuse was found at autopsy.

Widely reported in the media. I have no reason to not believe it.

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1998/21ramsey.html

those sources say enhancement of the tape reveals Burke's voice in the background, asking his parents "What did you find?" John Ramsey allegedly can be heard shouting to Burke, "We are not talking to you," and Patsy shouts "Oh my Jesus, oh my Jesus."

The statements were recorded after Patsy Ramsey mistakenly thought she had hung up the telephone after making the 911 call.

A full transcript of the tape is being printed today in this week's National Enquirer. The general content of the transcript in the supermarket tabloid is accurate, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Anonymous sources are pretty weak in helping me decide whether something is true. Without knowing who the source is, it's impossible to judge the validity of the information. JMO.

Anonymous sources are pretty weak in helping me decide whether something is true. Without knowing who the source is, it's impossible to judge the validity of the information. JMO.

The source wasn't anonymous to the reporter. I find the Daily Camera to be a reputable media outlet.

The source wasn't anonymous to the reporter. I find the Daily Camera to be a reputable media outlet.

It's still an anonymous source for me the reader. I don't give it much weight because of that.

Even reputable media outlets get things wrong at times. This may be one of them. MOO.

This is a pro-JB site. Victim or not, BR is a suspect - as are ALL the surviving family members. When a murder is committed in the home, EVERY person present in the home is a suspect until/unless the killer is identified by NAME.

This is a pro-JB site. Victim or not, BR is a suspect - as are ALL the surviving family members. When a murder is committed in the home, EVERY person present in the home is a suspect until/unless the killer is identified by NAME.

That is the exact opposite of the Forum rules.

The forum rules state that Family are victims and not to be sleuthed until proven otherwise.

In the case of P & J, there is a grand jury indictment so they are no longer "victims" therefore viable suspects.

In the case of Burke, there is ZERO indication or evidence that he was anything other than a little boy in an awful situation.

That is the exact opposite of the Forum rules.

The forum rules state that Family are victims and not to be sleuthed until proven otherwise.

In the case of P & J, there is a grand jury indictment so they are no longer "victims" therefore viable suspects.

In the case of Burke, there is ZERO indication or evidence that he was anything other than a little boy in an awful situation.

Yes, he was in an awful situation, one that spun horribly out of control. But still a suspect- he was there. They all were.

There were leaks, there were embellishments, & there were lies. So, what's on the 911 call? If the FBI and the Secret Service hold any merit in this realm, then the Daily Camera's "anonymous source" was probably just pulling your leg in an effort to propagate the BPD's infamous public pressure strategy, affirmed by Steve Thomas.

From NBC News:

In his book, 'JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation,' Thomas claimed that by enhancing the tape you can hear John and Patsy talking to their son Burke. He claims that’s important because the Ramseys reportedly told police their son was asleep at the time of the call. If true, Thomas claims it suggests the family was altering their story right from the start.

But both the FBI and Secret Service — who examined the tapes — said such a conversation could not be heard.

NBC News had the tape tested by experts at two different labs that examine 911 tapes to see if there was any conversation after the hang up.

'I would say my findings are much more in parallel with the FBI’s findings. There’s not enough there to give any sort of conclusive, intelligible argument,' says Frank Piazza of Legal Audio in New York City.

David Mariasy from Team Audio in Toledo, Ohio, agrees. 'When it was suggested that we look for these other lines of dialogue and there’s two or three other people after the hang up, that didn’t happen,' he says.​

Source: http://www.today.com/id/3079093

There were leaks, there were embellishments, & there were lies. So, what's on the 911 call? If the FBI and the Secret Service hold any merit in this realm, then the Daily Camera's "anonymous source" was probably just pulling your leg in an effort to propagate the BPD's infamous public pressure strategy, affirmed by Steve Thomas.

From NBC News:

In his book, 'JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation,' Thomas claimed that by enhancing the tape you can hear John and Patsy talking to their son Burke. He claims that’s important because the Ramseys reportedly told police their son was asleep at the time of the call. If true, Thomas claims it suggests the family was altering their story right from the start.

But both the FBI and Secret Service — who examined the tapes — said such a conversation could not be heard.

NBC News had the tape tested by experts at two different labs that examine 911 tapes to see if there was any conversation after the hang up.

'I would say my findings are much more in parallel with the FBI’s findings. There’s not enough there to give any sort of conclusive, intelligible argument,' says Frank Piazza of Legal Audio in New York City.

David Mariasy from Team Audio in Toledo, Ohio, agrees. 'When it was suggested that we look for these other lines of dialogue and there’s two or three other people after the hang up, that didn’t happen,' he says.​

Source: http://www.today.com/id/3079093

Actually multiple media sources reported on the enhancement of the 911 call. Burke did testify before the Grand Jury. I doubt that would have taken place if he was believed to have slept during the entire episode.

The Ramsey's admitted YEARS later that he was indeed awake that morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widely reported in the media. I have no reason to not believe it.

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1998/21ramsey.html

those sources say enhancement of the tape reveals Burke's voice in the background, asking his parents "What did you find?" John Ramsey allegedly can be heard shouting to Burke, "We are not talking to you," and Patsy shouts "Oh my Jesus, oh my Jesus."

The statements were recorded after Patsy Ramsey mistakenly thought she had hung up the telephone after making the 911 call.

A full transcript of the tape is being printed today in this week's National Enquirer. The general content of the transcript in the supermarket tabloid is accurate, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

There is much that is widely reported in the media that should not be believed. JMO

Upon hearing of JonBenét’s murder, Archuleta (911 operator) nearly became ill. A supervisor directed her to her office where she sat and tried to calm her emotions. She could not get past the notion that something had been wrong about the 911 call and it had been there, troubling her subconscious during her days off. Archuleta asked her supervisor if police had listened to the 911 tape and was told that they had already obtained a copy of the recording: “What about the end of the call? Have they listened to the tail end of the call after Patsy Ramsey had stopped talking?” The supervisor looked back at Archuleta with a puzzled look on her face. “What are you talking about?” she asked. The 911 call didn’t end when Patsy stopped talking to her, Archuleta explained. The telephone line had not disconnected immediately, and she had heard a definite change in the tone of Patsy Ramsey’s voice before the call was fully terminated. Archuleta explained that the hysterical nature of Patsy Ramsey’s voice appeared to have dissipated, and she thought that she had been talking to someone nearby at her end of the telephone line. Investigators needed to listen to that extended part of the 911 call, Archuleta told her supervisor.

The 911 tape was subsequently sent to the Aerospace Corporation located in Los Angeles, California, and technicians determined that there was an additional several seconds of recording at the tail end of the call before the recording had been fully terminated. It was theorized that Patsy Ramsey had placed the handset of the telephone into its wall mounted cradle after discontinuing her conversation with the dispatch center, but that it had not fully settled into place to disconnect the call. Aerospace technicians were tasked with attempting to enhance the tail end of the 911 call to determine if the voices heard there could be better understood. Through a series of electronic washings, technicians were able to reduce the background noise associated with the transmission of the telephone call and identified three distinct voices conversing at the tail end of the 911 call. Several technicians listened to the enhanced version of the tape and compared notes on what they thought they had heard. Each technician reportedly had heard the same conversation. It was time to call Boulder authorities.

Boulder Police detective Melissa Hickman flew to California in late April 1997, and met with the technicians. She, too, was provided the opportunity to listen independently to the enhanced version of the 911 tape. After Hickman has listened to the tape several times, she shared her observations of what she thought had been overheard with the technicians.

Producing a previous set of handwritten notes, the technicians revealed their interpretation of the words spoken by the voices heard on the tail end of the tape. They all stared in amazement. Everyone who had listened to the enhanced version of the 911 tape had independently identified the same words and gender of the people speaking them. There were three distinct voices heard on the tape and the conversation was identified as follows: Male (angry): “We’re not speaking to you!” Female: “Help me Jesus. Help me Jesus” Young male: “Well, what did you find?” The discovery of this conversation, taking place in the family home after Patsy Ramsey thought she had terminated her 911 call, was of significant importance. It was a piece of evidence that pointed to deception on the part of the Ramsey family. They had continued to maintain throughout their statements that Burke had remained asleep in his bedroom during the events of the morning and that they had never awakened him or asked him questions about JonBenét’s kidnapping. Proof of the Ramsey’s deception was beginning to erode the foundation of the kidnapper / intruder theory in the eyes of Boulder Police investigators, and they contemplated the questions:

*Why would the Ramseys feel the need to mislead authorities about their son being asleep at the time of the 911 call?
*Were they attempting to conceal information that he may have had about the circumstances of his sister’s death?

Intruder theorists seemed to discount this evidence of deception as inconsequential. For others, those voices at the end of the 911 tape pointed to family involvement and some type of cover-up.
Kolar (1398-1421)

Sapphire Steel: That is the exact opposite of the Forum rules.

Yes, there is no doubt that Burke was not included in the "staging".

Anyway, I have no clue why this rubbish is allowed.

Isn't this site supposed to be "victim friendly"?

Burke is a victim too. He's still alive and of an age to read this carp.

Burke was cleared.

Hi Kids,

Mom will be moderating the JBR forum for a while. I need to jump back in and get things shakin' again.

Remember, sometimes the rules are a bit different for this forum. Why? Because I know this case like the back of my hand and I pay the bills. Don't mean to sound so snitty but it's true.

No Fleet White did it stuff. No naming of innocent people as suspects.

The only true suspects in the case are John, Patsy and Burke.

If you have an "Intruder Did It" theory then you have to be able to acutally have evidence of this "intruder." No bashing of people formally in the Ramsey's circle of friends.

Now, if you want to talk about Fleet White fine. Just don't say or suggest, or even hint that he had anything to do with this crime. He and his family did not. They have been cleared and I won't allow his name to be dragged through the mud on WS.

Like I said, it's a bit different on this forum. Don't be afraid, I am not into banning people.

Ok, have fun.
Tricia

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Tricia Will Be Moderating Along With JBRMod2

Thanks redheadedgal. I was too frustrated to even try to find that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024