DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was it appropriate to mention Casey?

• Yes, it was completely appropriate.

Votes: 102 20.0%
  • No, it was highly distasteful.

Votes: 261 51.2%
  • Maybe a little, but not as much as they did.

Votes: 147 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
as much as i believe casey is guilty, i do believe and understand them talking about casey. this memorial was putting a face and personality behind who caylee was within their family. unfortunately casey was/is a part of their family and a part of caylee's life. i'm sure caylee loved her mom very much as she did the others. i even think that perhaps at one time casey loved caylee. but something happened and that we don't understand or know what or why. casey is also still cindy and george's daughter, i understand them not wanting to believe casey did this. but you know what? what we believe doesn't matter, as i said this was about caylee, for caylee and i'm sure while caylee didn't understand why mom did what she did...she still loved her mom.

I thought it was very appropriate that Casey was mentioned by her parents at this service.

I simply don't care. Everyone has the right to grieve in their own way.

This thread is ONLY about whether it was Appropriate or Not for the Anthony's to mention Casey during the memorial for Caylee.

This thread is NOT about Casey being guilty, etc., etc.​

Realizing how I love my two grown children and my grandchildren, I would have wanted to acknowledge my daughter. I didn't think the references were over the top, just heartfelt from her family. Today I really felt their pain.

why is it if I disagree with someone's post -does it get deleted? Is this not a public forum?

why is it if I disagree with someone's post -does it get deleted? Is this not a public forum?

This particular thread is about "whether it was appropriate to mention Casey's name at the Memorial. This requires, a Yes, No, etc. It is not about Casey's guilt, good or bad mother, etc., etc.

If any posts do not follow what the thread is about, they will be removed.

I believe it was entirely appropriate. As most of us grew up in families, we know that you can't "delete" a family member like a computer file. People don't cease to exist because they do something wrong. Ask any mother. Do they simply eliminate their child from their lives? She are still part of the whole dynamic within the family. It would have seemed unnatural if they <i>hadn't</i> mentioned Casey. It would have sounded vengeful and a memorial like that is not the appropriate place to express those kinds of feelings. It's about reconciliation and healing, not the place to work out angry feelings.

~*Jai Yen

This was a Memorial Service in a House of Worship.

If you believe in unconditional love at all, as this family stated, then of course there should be absolutely no problem with them talking about their daughter Casey. Casey brought Caylee into this world, and Caylee loved her mother and I'm sure she forgives her mother, since I do believe Caylee is in Heaven.

Hate the sin, hate what Casey did, hate what she is, she's still this families daughter and sister and the hatred toward this family makes me feel sympathy for all of you that have that much hatred and that much anger in their hearts. My heart goes out to all of you and those around you that cannot feel any sort of empathy for this family.

I thought the Memorial Service was beautiful, and thank goodness Caylee is with the angels.

I am sure she would still send a smile towards all the people that have so much hatred in their hearts for the family Caylee loved.

My issue with it, is that it is a memorial for Caylee who was murdered, I do not think it was neccessary to inject her murderers so called "pain" into the memorial.

Caylee went through pain, Casey is not.

I said NO. Thank you for stepping up and telling the truth, and not sugar-coating the death of this child with "niceness."

I just cannot judge them for their choices in the memorial today. I don't judge them for what they wore, what they said, how they acted, or for turning anyone away.

I will analyze, speculate and pick apart their statements about the case, but I can't judge how they grieve.

You said, so perfectly, what I've been feeling ! Thank you!

A memorial service is for the comfort of the survivors. If the Anthony's wanted Casey mentioned, which clearly they did, there is NOTHING wrong with that.

I am a mother. And I can tell you I could NOT stand by my child who became a murderer.

I'm sorry to hear that. I waited til I was in my 30's to have a child. I did not want to leave this earth without knowing the love of a mother for her child. I had been told it was the greatest love you could ever experience.
Now that I have experienced, I can say first hand, it is mostly definitely the greatest love I have ever experienced. I may not approve of my child's choices or behavior, heck, I might down right hate my child's choices/behavior...but I will always love my child regardless.

A memorial service is for the comfort of the survivors. If the Anthony's wanted Casey mentioned, which clearly they did, there is NOTHING wrong with that.

A memorial service is to honor the person who died. And there is something wrong with that, if the mother murdered her.

My issue with it, is that it is a memorial for Caylee who was murdered, I do not think it was neccessary to inject her murderers so called "pain" into the memorial.

Caylee went through pain, Casey is not.

and that's why I feel it was grossly inappropriate. I think it took away respect for Caylee. Could Casey even be bothered to watch?

Absolutely never shoulda done it...

I was feeling the love for Caylee when they all did that..
I kinda felt it was all for Casey's benifit.
oh and why is Casey in that place?
Could it be cuz she got herself into there?

and that's why I feel it was grossly inappropriate. I think it took away respect for Caylee. Could Casey even be bothered to watch?

We don't know whether Casey watched it or not. I heard a report that her lawyer showed up with a laptop and a WiFi card. She might have watched it with him.

Either way, that's not the issue. It's easy to get caught up, those of us who sit here in our comfortable computer rooms, making judgments about why they might have done this or that, or why they said this or that. Maybe a good move here is to show some compassion and get down on our knees and thank God we're not going through a situation where we have to make those choices.

Let the family grieve in peace. I can say I would have had far less respect for them if they'd given into petty vengeance and turned the memorial into a venue for their own anger.

At least that's my sorng baht. ('sorng baht' = "two cents" in Thai)

~*Jai Yen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back