DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was it appropriate to mention Casey?

• Yes, it was completely appropriate.

Votes: 102 20.0%
  • No, it was highly distasteful.

Votes: 261 51.2%
  • Maybe a little, but not as much as they did.

Votes: 147 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NO, they never should have mentioned the murderer's name, much less tries to elicit pen-pals for her.

I'm sorry to hear that. I waited til I was in my 30's to have a child. I did not want to leave this earth without knowing the love of a mother for her child. I had been told it was the greatest love you could ever experience.
Now that I have experienced, I can say first hand, it is mostly definitely the greatest love I have ever experienced. I may not approve of my child's choices or behavior, heck, I might down right hate my child's choices/behavior...but I will always love my child regardless.

I feel as you do. I have no children, but raised my nephew after both his parents died -- I will always love this child, no matter what happens -- doesn't mean that I would approve of his behavior in a situation like the A's are faced with.

I thought it was wrong!! It should have been about CAYLEE, all about CAYLEE!! It was CAYLEE'S memorial. Casey is still alive, breathing air, gorging on junk food, smirking her smirk, making everyone's life He!! as usual. What is new?? Your beautiful grandbaby is DEAD, can she not have the spotlight even in death??? Typical "A" family antics.:furious:

I thought it was wrong!! It should have been about CAYLEE, all about CAYLEE!! It was CAYLEE'S memorial. Casey is still alive, breathing air, gorging on junk food, smirking her smirk, making everyone's life He!! as usual. What is new?? Your beautiful grandbaby is DEAD, can she not have the spotlight even in death??? Typical "A" family antics.:furious:

You are a brave soul for saying that, and I :clap: you!

This was a Memorial Service in a House of Worship.

If you believe in unconditional love at all, as this family stated, then of course there should be absolutely no problem with them talking about their daughter Casey. Casey brought Caylee into this world, and Caylee loved her mother and I'm sure she forgives her mother, since I do believe Caylee is in Heaven.

Hate the sin, hate what Casey did, hate what she is, she's still this families daughter and sister and the hatred toward this family makes me feel sympathy for all of you that have that much hatred and that much anger in their hearts. My heart goes out to all of you and those around you that cannot feel any sort of empathy for this family.

I thought the Memorial Service was beautiful, and thank goodness Caylee is with the angels.

I am sure she would still send a smile towards all the people that have so much hatred in their hearts for the family Caylee loved.

Ditto

To me it seemed that CA simply inserted a direct message to Casey and at that point it quit being about Caylee for a few moments. I also feel that Lee was referring to KC not Caylee when speaking about CMA. He will never forget his promise to her? IMO that was not about Caylee. I do understand why they chose to mention KC and will not bash them for it. However, it made me feel that though they are grieving the loss of Caylee, they are grieving the loss of KC even more. I'm not so sure that if I were in their shoes, I wouldn't be feeling the same way. I can't imagine one of my kids murdering their own child. Knowing their hearts and their souls as I do, they would have to look me in the eye and tell me themselves that they were guilty before I would believe or accept it. I think CA needs to hear it from KC to be able to accept without a doubt that KC is guilty.
What really amazed me was that they were able to remain so composed through out the memorial. I would not have been able to do so.

It was sick to mention KC, but coming from Cindy's mouth I can't say I am surprised. She had to drag her name in and keep up the sham.

This particular thread is about "whether it was appropriate to mention Casey's name at the Memorial. This requires, a Yes, No, etc. It is not about Casey's guilt, good or bad mother, etc., etc.

If any posts do not follow what the thread is about, they will be removed.
BUMP this reminder!

Many posts who did not follow the subject of this thread have, and will continue to be deleted.

I voted that it was inappropriate, but for me it was less about that they mentioned KC, but that the picture on the altar was of KC kissing Caylee and I found that very disturbing.
Im sure that wedding photo's are not displayed when there is a victim of domestic violence and the spouse is the accused murderer, even though that person too was an integral part of the deceased life.

It's not really our business is it? If your family (not taling to anyone specifically here) suffers a terrible tragedy you can decide what is appropriate for you. The Anthonys have that right too. Not our place to judge. They lost two. So they are never supposed to greive Casey?

I completely agree with you. I think it's really easy to judge these people from where we sit. I have compassion for GA,CA and LA. I don't know where KC went wrong in life, but I pray for her as well. She's going to get her judgement--ours is neither here nor there. Of course, I pray for little Caylee. She really paid the price here.

I said NO. Thank you for stepping up and telling the truth, and not sugar-coating the death of this child with "niceness."

Thanks, I agree with you, how can you be nice when talking about a psychopath who murdered her child in cold blood? Political correctness be damned.

This is such a sad and disturbing case.

Caysey will soon see what where the strength is, and that is with Caylee. We are all innocent until proven guilty, and Cindy and George lost both a daughter and grandaughter. I would actually be suprised if they didn't mention Caysey. I'm sure Jose will bring his laptop in so KC can watch it.

I thought it was a beautiful ceremony for a darling little child-- though a bit suprised the turn out was low (1,000+).

I feel this was a healing time for George and Cindy. Don't ask me about Lee, I couldn't figure out his whole CMA rants and promises. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

For Caylee....

Melanie

I feel she merited a mention by her parents, after all, they lost her too. There must not be a day that goes by that they don't think about what could have gone wrong. They knew many unpleasant things about their daughter, there is NO WAY they could have imagined this was possible. Kc played the mommy role around them, she played that she loved Caylee with all of her heart. They know Kc lied, they knew she wanted to go out with her friends and many other truths. There is no way they knew this was even possible, they loved Caylee more than life, it would seem unnatural for them to believe that Kc didn't love Caylee the same way they did.

I don't like it but, it's not my service. You couldn't pay me to walk even 10 steps in their shoes. I don't think I could survive this.

It was sick to mention KC, but coming from Cindy's mouth I can't say I am surprised. She had to drag her name in and keep up the sham.

IMHO Cindy wll support her daughter to the end. I pray for her heavy burdened heart. We would (or probably would) if it was our own child.

Best,

Melanie

I voted that it was inappropriate, but for me it was less about that they mentioned KC, but that the picture on the altar was of KC kissing Caylee and I found that very disturbing.
Im sure that wedding photo's are not displayed when there is a victim of domestic violence and the spouse is the accused murderer, even though that person too was an integral part of the deceased life.

Because they believe their daughter is innocent. They believe her, if they didn't I believe they would have only mentioned her briefly.

A feel she merited a mention by her parents after all, they lost her too. There must not be a day that goes by that they don't think about what could have gone wrong. They knew many unpleasant things about their daughter, there is NO WAY they could have imagined this was possible. Kc played the mommy role around them, she played that she loved Caylee with all of her heart. They know Kc lied, they knew she wanted to go out with her friends and many other truths. There is no way they knew this was even possible, they loved Caylee more than life, it would seem unnatural to believe that Kc didn't love Caylee the same way they did.

I don't like it but, it's not my service. You couldn't pay me to walk even 10 steps in their shoes. I don't think I could survive this.

NICE POST! :blowkiss:

Remembering that it is the ANTHONY family that held this memorial... it is appropriate to them.

I know many won't agree, but isn't it the Anthony's that allowed us, the public, to view THEIR memorial service for their darling Caylee? I for one am thankful to them for that.

I cannot imagine the conflict in their hearts and believe a church IS EXACTLY the place to pray for both Casey and Caylee. They have a long road ahead of them, and I for one wish them the best.

IMHO

No, it was not appropriate to mention CA. They could have held a press conference immediately after and said what they needed to say to her. It was just wrong, wrong, wrong! Even if she is innocent, as of now she sits in jail for her murder and it is unacceptable to mention her name. The memorial was for Caylee and to pray for Caylee.

At today's memorial?

I didn't think so.

(not a Rant Thread btw ;-) just wondering everyone's opinion)

Of course it was appropriate! George and Cindy still believe in Casey's innocence, and they SHOULD believe in her at this point.....she hasn't been found guilty of anything pertaining to Caylee's death. Parents LOVE their children and stand by them, don't they? Especially during the time the child is "presumed innocent."

I honestly don't understand why we're even questioning it. I know we each have our own opinions, but how many parents would turn on their child just because he/she was ACCUSED of something? Doesn't unconditional love mean more than that?

I'm sorry to hear that. I waited til I was in my 30's to have a child. I did not want to leave this earth without knowing the love of a mother for her child. I had been told it was the greatest love you could ever experience.
Now that I have experienced, I can say first hand, it is mostly definitely the greatest love I have ever experienced. I may not approve of my child's choices or behavior, heck, I might down right hate my child's choices/behavior...but I will always love my child regardless.

Beautifully said. I pity the children who aren't loved in just this way. Mentioning Casey was a "no brainer" IMO for George and Cindy. They love her. They believe in her. They are standing by her. Just as you and I would do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back