DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was it appropriate to mention Casey?

• Yes, it was completely appropriate.

Votes: 102 20.0%
  • No, it was highly distasteful.

Votes: 261 51.2%
  • Maybe a little, but not as much as they did.

Votes: 147 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted no, it was a memorial for Caylee, they could have silently prayed for Casey themselves and not subjected everyone to ramblings about poor Casey, pray for her, write to her, what the he**! I read the article in People.com about the memorial, what was with the "CMA" reference, good show Lee, nice way to disassociate yourself from the victim, can't even say her name. The whole memorial should have focused on Caylee and Caylee only! Ugh, those Anthony's are certifiable.
I completely agree!:clap::clap::clap:

I voted Maybe. It is the family wishes I guess ok. Not our choices.
Today I will not Judge the Anthonys. Tomorrow is different story.
I agree with George, I don't ever want to walk in any of their shoes. Pray that I never have to.

Of course it was appropriate! George and Cindy still believe in Casey's innocence, and they SHOULD believe in her at this point.....she hasn't been found guilty of anything pertaining to Caylee's death. Parents LOVE their children and stand by them, don't they? Especially during the time the child is "presumed innocent."

I honestly don't understand why we're even questioning it. I know we each have our own opinions, but how many parents would turn on their child just because he/she was ACCUSED of something? Doesn't unconditional love mean more than that?

No they should not have mentioned her.

When they smelled her car, her presumption of innocence went out the door.

It's not really our business is it? If your family (not taling to anyone specifically here) suffers a terrible tragedy you can decide what is appropriate for you. The Anthonys have that right too. Not our place to judge. They lost two. So they are never supposed to greive Casey?

I'll second Winston's :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

IDK if I believe there is a right or wrong here. This was in churcch before God. Even the thief on the cross next to Christ was forgiven. Christ asked God to forgive those that put him to death. If there was a place to ask for truth and prayers for Casey, in the presence of God is the place. Forgiveness doesn't negate justice. Justice for Caylee yes. Allow anyone to speak their heart in a church, yes. Not my place to deny them that right whether I agree or not.

I think that the way George mentioned her was tasteful in a church setting. This is there daughter. It's just a horrible situation all around.

Of course it was appropriate! George and Cindy still believe in Casey's innocence, and they SHOULD believe in her at this point.....she hasn't been found guilty of anything pertaining to Caylee's death. Parents LOVE their children and stand by them, don't they? Especially during the time the child is "presumed innocent."

I honestly don't understand why we're even questioning it. I know we each have our own opinions, but how many parents would turn on their child just because he/she was ACCUSED of something? Doesn't unconditional love mean more than that?

I disagree. They want US to believe they believe in her "innocence". Remember BC saying last week "They don't know." when asked if they believe if Casey killed Caylee or not. That's as close as they'll come to admitting their daughter is indeed a murderer.

It was not appropriate to ask people to write her, nor to send messages to her via the podium at the memorial. It was only appropriate to mention kc as a part of any memories relating to Caylee. I bet dear Abbey would say the same!

They can certainly support their daughter. But don't gather everyone using a memorial as a guise only to offer KC support. People were not there to support KC or to hear about how they should support KC. They were there to pay tribute to Caylee.

At today's memorial?

I didn't think so.

(not a Rant Thread btw ;-) just wondering everyone's opinion)
I wished they hadn't, but understand it was THEIR memorial...they'll say whatever they want to say. But, I'm sorry...I don't belive Casey deserves anyone's prayers or compassion. JMO

I am going with appropriate. No need to explain... I've read a couple of postings that cover how I feel... and I know my opinion is not the popular opinion.

No matter how we feel about KC, she is GA and CA's daughter and they are grieving not only the loss of little Caylee but the loss of their daughter. I feel sorry for them...

Bingo! I vote Absolutely NOT because it is disrespectful to Caylee!!!

But do you think Caylee felt the same way about her mom as you do? Do you think that Caylee ever stopped loving her mommy?
I think thats the saddest part. That someone Caylee really loved did this to her- not some stranger, but someone she would have kept loving no matter what.

And so for Caylee, I have put aside my anger for KC. Not just for today, but from this point on.

I dont have to like her, but hating her achieves nothing, and I doubt it would help Caylee rest more peacefully.

JMO

I don't think it was inappropriate to mention Casey. However what I did find rather distasteful and inappropriate was the conrext of it all. This was Caylee's memorial to celebrate her life. It shouldn't be anything about judging or writing to her mother. Also I came to think that the reason Casey did not want a public memorial was because as of lately all of the news coverage has been focused on her and this would once again put it all back on Caylee and away from her and her defenses spin stories and comparisons! She has to be the most inconsiderate and slefish person!

But do you think Caylee felt the same way about her mom as you do? Do you think that Caylee ever stopped loving her mommy?
I think thats the saddest part. That someone Caylee really loved did this to her- not some stranger, but someone she would have kept loving no matter what.

And so for Caylee, I have put aside my anger for KC. Not just for today, but from this point on.

I dont have to like her, but hating her achieves nothing, and I doubt it would help Caylee rest more peacefully.

JMO
Not appropriate for this thread, but it's called the Stockholm syndrome. We really don't know what Caylee felt, but if she did love her mother, that would explain it. Many abused persons do bond with their captors, doesn't mean the feelings are genuine.
We wouldn't be having this discussion about Scott Peterson at Laci's memorial service, nor OJ at Nicole Brown's memorial. I think it's a parallel situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back